Forum › Akuma no Riddle discussion

joined Dec 13, 2013

The ending was quite... okay? Not much different from the anime (which i remember they saying it would be another version or something). At least they explained better how Chitaru and Hitsugi ressurrected but overall it was just alright. The good part is that their romantic feelings were less implied here than the anime, but as much as I love Isuke, her relationship with Haruki in the manga was kinda... okay? I mean they didn't have a lot of romantic interactions or even similar scenes like confessions and stuff like with TokaHaru or ChitaHitsu. It felt like their relationship came out of the blue just cuz they were roomates? Even Sumireko was portrayed being p gay towards Banba, while Haruki and Isuke...? Unless you consider canon the small riddles, but even tho. The ship for me became famous mostly bc Minakata ships them and other outside reasons than for the things that happened in the manga.

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 12:58PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

There weren't as many romantic interactions like the main pairing, but there were hints throughout the manga. Like Isuke looking sad when Haruki lost, saying she prefers blue collar workers, etc. Considering her character, not sure how much more sweet, in small amount of time they could make them without going OOC.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

The end wasn't bad but a little bit too rushed, I wished to see more of the other girls and not only one little picture for everybody or a little scene like by Haruki x Isuke.

But I like how Adult!Haru and Adult!Tokaku are looking. ;)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Drama, tears and death in chapter 46.

"And they lived happily ever after" in chapter 47.

Not a bad end, but a whatever end.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Drama, tears and death in chapter 46.

"And they lived happily ever after" in chapter 47.

Not a bad end, but a whatever end.

"Marge, I'm confused. Is this a happy ending or a sad ending?"
"It's an ending. That's enough."

Damn adult tokaku looks amazing, has a cool but mature look. Also that ending may not be the best but much better than the anime. Haruki and Isuke getting together was also great.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I'm guessing since the anime ending focused on some of the other couples, such as Hitsugi and Chitaru, the manga decided to give a little more focus on TokuHaru and IsukexHaruki instead.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The author deffinitely tried very hard to give us a good ending. Although, since I unfortunately lost most of my interest ever since the anime ended, I don't particulary care about the execution. I might even say I kinda like the ending.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

like everyone has said, the ending was just okay. At least the manga had more gay in it than the anime so just for that it's better in my book. Also I never expected Isuke to be so lovey dovey xD kind of OOC but whatever. I'm just excited for the next art book/doujin in January.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Although most people say that the ending ruined it for them or they didn't particularly like it, I think it was pretty satisfying. I also absolutely loved adult TokaHaru, as that wasn't included in the anime, nor was the scene with the new Black Class, which was really nice. Nio and Yuri are both so cool.
Maid Banba and Hanabusa also had me squealing, and the extra Haruki and Isuke bit made me really happy. Sunao especially seems to be fond of these two couples.

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 5:34PM

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

I found the last chapter satisfying, I finally finished one of my favorite mangas. The manga is better then the series I tell ya. ^ ^

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

I found the last chapter satisfying, I finally finished one of my favorite manga and this is better then the series I tell ya. ^ ^

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 6:47PM

joined Oct 13, 2014

good idea with some potential but kinda fell flat. dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it but i think it couldve done more like showing what happens after they all graduate and she employs all her past classmates as agents. couldve been a nice yuri shonen series sigh

joined Jul 31, 2013

I could take or leave the actual comic. Minakata and Morishima's Small Riddle is the real epilogue and canon story, to me.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

good idea with some potential but kinda fell flat. dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it but i think it couldve done more like showing what happens after they all graduate and she employs all her past classmates as agents. couldve been a nice yuri shonen series sigh

I said that too. Couldve showed everyone else in the time- skip as well. But hey it's still ok. On another note, was I the only one who notice Isuke and Haruki are wearing matching rings?

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 8:18PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Could have and should have used more pages to flesh things out. The entire series was rushed tbh, which is unfortunate. Some scenes or fights were over within the same chapter... tho I still enjoyed the story in general. Isuke and Haruki canon was surprising, but welcome.

was I the only one who notice Isuke and Haruki are wearing matching rings?

It was a nice touch, tho I would have liked to see the same for some of the other pairings

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

I said that too. Couldve showed everyone else in the time- skip as well. But hey it's still ok. On another note, was I the only one who notice Isuke and Haruki are wearing matching rings?

Nice attention to details. I didn't notice it before. Thanks for pointing it out.

I like how we have canon Haruki x Isuke, Banba x Sumireko, Chitaru x Hitsugi, & Haru x Tokaku. I wish the others were canonized, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's over huh? Then I have some questions for the true fans XP not like me who only watched the anime... I want to hear what you guys think of the manga ending... It's better than the anime? very different? it has more yuri?
Please I need answers

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Meh

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's over huh? Then I have some questions for the true fans XP not like me who only watched the anime... I want to hear what you guys think of the manga ending... It's better than the anime? very different? it has more yuri?
Please I need answers

It has more yuri.
Idk if it's better know, I don't even know if I could say if either anime or manga was better. I feel like they complete each other, in a way.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Well, This ending was going to come someday ( But I didn't expect it to come today so soon ). Despite the fact that I thought this ending could've been better, I still enjoyed it. It may have been short but it was still better then the anime's ending. I was just unsatisfied with the anime's ending because of the lacking of Yuri. This manga may not have accomplished everything that the anime failed at, But it still left me feeling good. And thats one of the things about Yuri that I like. It leaves me feeling good. So yeah, Those are my thoughts.

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 10:27PM

joined Sep 25, 2015

SOL spinoffs please.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Nice attention to details. I didn't notice it before. Thanks for pointing it out.

Np

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 11:11PM

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

This ending was 100x better, and 100x gayer, but im still pissed no one died in a assassination classroom. Cmon no consequences, not even the super op poison got any of them ლ(´∀`ლ)

last edited at Dec 1, 2016 2:16AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I like how we have canon Haruki x Isuke, Banba x Sumireko, Chitaru x Hitsugi, & Haru x Tokaku. I wish the others were canonized, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Not sure if SumiBanba is considered canon here. They just showed them being maid and ojousama The others were not to be canon anyway. Like Suzu, she was visiting her dead bf's grave. Shiena hadn't shown signs of actually being interested in Otoya too, tbh. So it would feel forced to pair them in the end, just cause. Plus I'm glad because Otoya is crazy.

I find the manga to be better. It's quite similar to the anime, but there are some little moments that make it gayer which they didn't show in the anime. Also, only extra was Haru and Tokaku relationship in the end, showing them in the future (I guess some years later, considering how longer their hair had gotten)

last edited at Dec 1, 2016 10:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.