Forum › Philosophia discussion

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Well this doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get anywhere.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is seriously good so far, I really like the idea of a more in-depth yuri character study. Should be a very interesting ride.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I think this http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/philosophia_ch01#31 is as close to a kiss as we get ... for now. *winks

joined Sep 28, 2013

this is well written.. ^_^

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

This is seriously good so far, I really like the idea of a more in-depth yuri character study. Should be a very interesting ride.

yup. it's different, but pleasantly different.

btw, does anyone know if this is a completed series or ongoing. and if it is completed, how many chapters?

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Really good, waiting for more...

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

does anyone know if this is a completed series or ongoing. and if it is completed, how many chapters?

This is a doujin series, it's complete, and has five chapters.

thanks

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Five seems about right, given the pace so far.

I'll be honest, I didn't really peg it as Amano's art at first, It seems to have a more...mature look, I suppose, than a lot of her stuff. A little like if Takemiya Jin had different character models, say.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

This is great, and I'm relieved to hear it's already done. Looking forward to the rest.
I can relate to Chi - "I don't like alcohol and I don't like people" - that strikes close.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

< Do I look like the type to go to mixers ? Yeah I'd rather spend my money and time on manga and anime, game, novel. Fangirl stuff ya know. > is what I'd say to Chi-chan hahahah X"D
Oh and a college yuri manga covered in smoke ? Dang ! quite a rare sight. I'm in.
But well do college students in anywhere else party and smoke like a chimney like that ?
Personally I don't like smoking but anyway, this is a manga, and I enjoy it's plot. I'm in the same team as Chi-san though, what a hassle you have to interact with people you don't care abt.

last edited at Dec 24, 2013 11:53PM

joined Sep 3, 2013

I love this manga so far. Love the characters. Love the art style, Love that it's not moe, and that we have actual adult characters instead. Love that it's not in a high school, where everyone wears the same damn uniform ad nauseum,

Such an incredibly refreshing manga.

joined Mar 23, 2013

< Do I look like the type to go to mixers ? Yeah I'd rather spend my money and time on manga and anime, game, novel. Fangirl stuff ya know. > is what I'd say to Chi-chan hahahah X"D
Oh and a college yuri manga covered in smoke ? Dang ! quite a rare sight. I'm in.
But well do college students in anywhere else party and smoke like a chimney like that ?
Personally I don't like smoking but anyway, this is a manga, and I enjoy it's plot. I'm in the same team as Chi-san though, what a hassle you have to interact with people you don't care abt.

Yeah I don't like smoking either, but it obviously plays a central role in this story.
Japan actually has a pretty big rate of smokers. It used to be an even bigger deal before social pressure happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

To be fair, it's not an true indicative of women smoking though. Since they are looked down upon more than men when it comes down to smoking.
I still dislike the tendency to portray femme fatale/independent woman (insert all other "strong" women stereotypes ) in manga as smokers. I guess it's sort of "I'm going against the norm, look how I don't give a shit" kind of appeal.

That moment in page 31 was pretty hot. Not as hot as Black Lagoon's Rock X Revy equivalent though. That's still has the #1 spot for this particular "smoke kiss" action.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I enjoy this, it's off to a good start. I like the more mature feel to it and it conveys feelings that I am always thinking inside of my head. It's very refreshing with how the pacing is going.

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

I think this http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/philosophia_ch01#31 is as close to a kiss as we get ... for now. *winks

but this one page really makes me think to try to like smoking...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Guess I'll wait till this is complete... Not the kind I usually go for, nor find appealing... But it's from Amano.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

It has a nice atmosphere so far, but I have to say, I dislike how much this manga seems to be centered on smoking. Almost every second page we get to see those damn cigarettes. Not that I hate smoking or smokers or something, but it just bothers me when something so trivial gets such an overload of mentions. They're smokers. We get it. No reason to force it down our throats. * peeved * Quite honestly spoken, I'd go as far as to claim that the whole smoking stuff is only in there so the author could have a reason to include this Black Lagoon ripoff page ( http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/philosophia_ch01#31 ), but that's just a thought.

last edited at Dec 25, 2013 9:02AM

joined Jun 1, 2013

nah on the note in the front page the author said: "Puff" Notice how often they blow out smoke ring and said puff X"D
and the two girls came to know each other through the light (smoke), so I think it's used as an element in their relationship. And eveytime i think or smell cigarette (light smell only) I'm gonna think of them lol.
well waiting till later chapters then.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Very nice.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Page 32 blew me away. I cant really explain it.(it might be in my mind) but Chi's look just seems to have so many emotions on her face. Maybe it just that I'm into the story and just imagining things

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I don't get why you guys are complaining about the smoking. Ai and Chi met through smoking and that was the first thing that both had an interest in, among many other things. If they're smokers they are obviously gonna smoke a lot so it's not really "forcing it down your throats" because it's just a habit they enjoy.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

I know that the smoking is why they've even gotten to know each other, but that doesn't make it a reason to show it every single damn page of the doujin. Geez, I once met one of my lovers when he sold me a car, but that didn't mean our whole relationship revolved around freaking cars. And that it's just a habit is precisely what's peeving me about it. They both also have a habit of liking to read books, yet you don't see that anywhere near as much in the doujin, even though their love for books is one of the main reasons why they're bonding. I don't know, it just annoys me to have to go through so many pages of displaying completely trivial and unimportant stuff. * shrug * Just my humble opinion, I guess.

joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't feel the goosebumps, só I will reread it later. -_-

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Wow, nice! This seems to be promising~ :3

joined Apr 1, 2013

Does anyone else thinks this was sponsored by the tabaco industry?
Thank you for smoking. :-( ruins the whole series to me.

joined Jun 1, 2013

^: you hate smoking so much it ruins the manga to you ? :O
and, just as I said, I'm continuing reading this :)
anw, Right I dont like smoking but if my friend decides to smoke, I won't stop being his friend, however when he smokes I'll be off somewhere else. :3 I'm sure he would understand it too.
But If I were in the manga as fellow college student, I'd ship them from afar lol.
okay, I'm going far from topic. Peace out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.