Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Damn this chapter was so noisy my ear is ringing

Ava
joined Dec 25, 2013

My theory: Asakura is Subaru's female friend Tomoyan cross dressing as a guy.

Oh yes!

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

My theory: Asakura is Subaru's female friend Tomoyan cross dressing as a guy.

Do we know if Tomoyan is a female though? I still think glasses guy likes Tsukasa's brother, but since its not considered normal to like someone of your own gender, he has to settle for the next best thing. That or he saw the brother outside crossdressing as Tsukasa and instantly fell in love with him.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is what handsome manga character with glasses looks like:

^HANDSOME GUY!

Not this bitch:

^BITCH ASS NERD!

Hmmm . . . they both have nearly nonexistent noses, those quasi-bangs that separate into untidy locks to give them that dishevelled look, the sides of both their faces curve smoothly . . .
I guess the top guy has a pointier chin, visible eyebrows because it's a closeup, and kind of a bad-boy smirk. Really, manga art doesn't give you a ton to work with when it comes to how handsome people are.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Kinda anoying how this girls want to push to hard Shiratori going meet this guy.
Isn't enought she just noticed that she is unconfortable about this? I
Uffs,

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I dont read yaoi but I will ship glass-kun and brother-kun this time, to protect the Yuri justice

Same

I REALLLLLY hate it when a character likes someone and at the same time tries really hard to have that person date someone else.

But in a way, it's not like she could have tried to discourage her.
"I don't think you should meet up with him."
"Why?"
"Because I'm in love with you."
In a not-in-love-with-that-friend mindset, it's pretty normal I'd say. That guy is pretty much presented as perfect. If an attractive/"perfect" person asks my friend out, I'd probs wish them the best. Even if I liked said friend, unless I found a concrete reason why not to date him, to hide my feelings and try to go with what I think would be normal of me as a friend to do, I'd probs still wish them the best, or end up giving some vague reason as to why I don't think it's a great idea
It makes sense that Kotooka is pretty gung ho about it too, that's her personality, it's what was most likely of her to do tbh. A more "tame" way to go about, would be Washio's.

You remind me of Bachou, but you talk more :\

ROFL, absolutely savage

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 7:25PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

Last time asking, who is Bachou?

joined Feb 18, 2015

I would bet that the guy has seen Subaru cross dressing and fell in love with him and then investigated and thought that it was his sister. (Or Subaru told him he was his sister.)

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

But in a way, it's not like she could have tried to discourage her.
"I don't think you should meet up with him."
"Why?"
"Because I'm in love with you."
In a not-in-love-with-that-friend mindset, it's pretty normal I'd say. That guy is pretty much presented as perfect. If an attractive/"perfect" person asks my friend out, I'd probs wish them the best. Even if I liked said friend, unless I found a concrete reason why not to date him, to hide my feelings and try to go with what I think would be normal of me as a friend to do, I'd probs still wish them the best, or end up giving some vague reason as to why I don't think it's a great idea
It makes sense that Kotooka is pretty gung ho about it too, that's her personality, it's what was most likely of her to do tbh. A more "tame" way to go about, would be Washio's.

I get that, but why not act a little more wary of the guy? I mean, for all she knew the guy didn't care at all about Tsukasa and was just playing a really mean prank on her. There was really no reason to behave like this was the only guy who would ever show some sort of interest in Tsukasa.

But anyways, i really do hope they don't drag this thing for too long. Thats one of the main reasons people dislike Citrus.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

But anyways, i really do hope they don't drag this thing for too long

There's currently 4 volumes out.
Dunno if it's dragged out, or if there's other plot stuff happening

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

But anyways, i really do hope they don't drag this thing for too long

Dunno if it's dragged out, or if there's other plot stuff happening

Well, i hope they at least have acknowledged each others feelings by that point. I love the art style and Tsukasa is charming as an MC, but if they keep this whole "Would they? Could they?" crap, i would have to shelve it until they have progressed a little more in the story.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 11:50PM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

I like washio coolness..
Nice manga after all..

How many chapters are there?

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

Shiratori x Washio end game please >.<

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

How many chapters are there?

The most recent chapter is 18.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Also, Kotooka got really annoying right there at the end for me. Like, wasn't she supposed to be in love with Tsukasa? At least be a little more hesitant about the whole thing, do not push your "love" into someone else's arms so easily and so eagerly. I was hoping to see some sort of Kotooka x Tsukasa teasing, but nope, all we got was a lame, seemingly sad stare right there at the end.

I think Kotooka is trying to commit the romantic equivalent of suicide. Pretty sure in her mind, a relationship between her and Shiratori is impossible, or maybe even wrong. Therefore she tries to date other boys/ wants Shiratori to start dating a boy so that she actually has zero chance, and the reality will match her perception.

Kotooka's probably already worked through all of her angst previously and accepted the fate that she has decided for herself. She'll probably have to have a change in perspective, or a confrontation with her stance on the matter, before she begins to show any external romantic gestures towards Shiratori.

I agree that shes holding off out of fear of ruining the established group dynamic, and maybe also believes the whole "girls can't love girls" thing. It's such a staple of the genre though, that I'm having trouble thinking of any other potential reasons that she might have for not wanting to date her.

As for her "date every guy who asks" attitude, it seems more likely to me that she's doing it for the chance that she might actually fall in love with them too. No doubt that would resolve the problem nicely from her perspective.

537882_107009632809381_1492069568_n
joined Nov 10, 2016

I'm not really sure about Shiratori x Washio.. I guess I'll just have to read more. I hope Kotooka will make her move soon because it will make it more interesting.

I like that it has lots of pages per chapter. More pages, more happenings!

joined Feb 15, 2013

In Tsukasa x Kotooka camp. Feel like Kotooka is a more tragic character ATM and her Story probably currently set up for end game

Also considering she was breaking up with her bf, when she thought she was left out by Tsukasa. It may actually be more serious than we thought

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Also, Kotooka got really annoying right there at the end for me. Like, wasn't she supposed to be in love with >>>Tsukasa? At least be a little more hesitant about the whole thing, do not push your "love" into someone else's arms >>>so easily and so eagerly. I was hoping to see some sort of Kotooka x Tsukasa teasing, but nope, all we got was a >>>lame, seemingly sad stare right there at the end.

I think Kotooka is trying to commit the romantic equivalent of suicide. Pretty sure in her mind, a relationship between >>her and Shiratori is impossible, or maybe even wrong. Therefore she tries to date other boys/ wants Shiratori to start >>dating a boy so that she actually has zero chance, and the reality will match her perception.

Kotooka's probably already worked through all of her angst previously and accepted the fate that she has decided >>for herself. She'll probably have to have a change in perspective, or a confrontation with her stance on the matter, >>before >she begins to show any external romantic gestures towards Shiratori.

I agree that shes holding off out of fear of ruining the established group dynamic, and maybe also believes the whole >"girls can't love girls" thing. It's such a staple of the genre though, that I'm having trouble thinking of any other potential >reasons that she might have for not wanting to date her.

As for her "date every guy who asks" attitude, it seems more likely to me that she's doing it for the chance that she >might actually fall in love with them too. No doubt that would resolve the problem nicely from her perspective.

It seems like each of the three girls has a different way of handling this situation and facing reality.

It would be lame if those three girls acted the same way. Perhaps in the mind of Kotooka, the romantic equivalent of suicide is the best way to deal with it

last edited at Nov 10, 2016 1:24PM

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Went ahead and spoilered myself with the latest chapter.
Glasses guy is gay for the brother, brother is a siscon but has some interest for glasses guy, and the main trio still seems completely unaware of each other's love. That's basically no progress since the first chapter, really awful considering they're usually huge.
dropped

joined Oct 20, 2013

Glasses guy is gay for the brother, brother is a siscon but has some interest for glasses guy, and the main trio still seems completely unaware of each other's love. That's basically no progress since the first chapter, really awful considering they're usually huge.
dropped

Not entirely true. Haven't read vol 4 yet but Kotooka at least knows everything.
(Word of warning, these are actual spoilers)

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Not entirely true. Haven't read vol 4 yet but Kotooka at least knows everything.

Is that so now? I was hoping for someone that actually went through the last volumes to answer, considering I got tired of searching the older ones. but besides that, at Ch 18 they're still at the "make blissful/melancholic faces as soon as their love interest looks away, while Shiratori does friendship speeches" phase, so I guess it's still better for me to just wait for it to finish and then take a quick look.

537882_107009632809381_1492069568_n
joined Nov 10, 2016

dropped

I kinda figured it will be like this.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Is that so now? I was hoping for someone that actually went through the last volumes to answer, considering I got tired of searching the older ones. but besides that, at Ch 18 they're still at the "make blissful/melancholic faces as soon as their love interest looks away, while Shiratori does friendship speeches" phase, so I guess it's still better for me to just wait for it to finish and then take a quick look.

So this turned out to be worst than Citrus at teasing I guess i'll do the same thing and wait for this series to end, hate when authors drag their stories for so long.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

There's het, drama, aaaangst, het incest and everything else that i DON'T USUALLY READ BUT GOD I LOVE THIS SO SO MUCH I HAVE NO IDEA WHY

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

So this turned out to be worst than Citrus at teasing I guess i'll do the same thing and wait for this series to end, hate when authors drag their stories for so long.

The teasing really slowed down in the newest chapters, so thats good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.