Forum › Anime season

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

I'm quite surprised that Buu-chan is a sentinent being and not an actual robot controlled by the 2 wacky scientists at Flip Flap tbh; but yeah, it's not exactly the most reliable "side-kick" ever.

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 11:37PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm quite surprised that Buu-chan is a sentinent being and not an actual robot controlled by the 2 wacky scientists at Flip Flap tbh; but yeah, it's not exactly the most reliable "side-kick" ever.

Sometimes it even seems to work against the girls, although Papika doesn't seem to notice.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ That could just be Buu-chan messing with them just to make the mission harder, or, for the lolz. Then again, we don't know much about everything so far anyways other than the fact that the other group serving the "People in White" organization are implied to be artificially enhanced/created.

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 11:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^ That could just be Buu-chan messing with them just to make the mission harder, or, for the lolz. Then again, we don't know much about everything so far anyways other than the fact that the other group serving the "People in White" organization are implied to be artificially enhanced/created.

I do like the fact that they have to be more yuri to be more effective in combat.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Buu-chan doesn't really have much brain to wash.

But

Buu-chan's like, low key a cybord or something, tbh

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wasn't that while they were in Pure Illusion, though? He might not be like that in the real world.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Wasn't that while they were in Pure Illusion, though? He might not be like that in the real world.

Oh maybe, but we also saw him like this in ep 2:

I think there's possibly more to Buu-chan than some silly robot that follows them on every mission

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Once again an awesome Jojo episode this week

Really loved how they are covering three stories in one episode with brillaint exection.

Oh and Tomoko was seriously hot in this episode. No wonder why Joseph Joestar cheated on Suzie Q with her.

And Enigma's stand is really a scary ability.

Can't wait for Rohan and Cheap Tricks in next episode.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So I just watched the first ep of Keijo...it's not exactly the most bizarre anime I've seen and it's only just slightly awkward to watch, though I'll probably have a better time if I'm stoned or drunk before watching it (lol).

Tis' not too bad though. Odd, but not too bad - probably going to marathon it after the season ends.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

^ I'll probably do that as well. The premise turned me off a bit but from the comments I've seen it seems pretty hilarious.

Anyone watching Drifters? So brutal this week and next week promises to be just as awesome.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

starsaber123 posted:

^ I'll probably do that as well. The premise turned me off a bit but from the comments I've seen it seems pretty hilarious.

It is comedy/parody anime about girls fighting using their buts. What more you want to know to know it is going to be amazing?

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 11:04AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Bianca sure was eager to dance with Finé, huh? I smell a love triangle. My OTP is still going to be Finé x Izetta, sorry!

Bianca has the same voice actress as Minami Kotori, but doesn't sound like her at all! Impressive talent.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

MahoIku just got a hell of a lot more brutal. Blood everywhere. RIP dragonknight and scambot

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Looks like the anime finally picked up the pacing. Time to watch it again!

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

starsaber123 posted:

It is comedy/parody anime about girls fighting using their buts. What more you want to know to know it is going to be amazing?

I wouldn't even call it a parody. It is a sports anime. 100%. Only the premise is funny but it is never treated like a joke but totally serious.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Long Riders gets delayed again. You can really tell they're having major issues, episode 4 was painful to watch. If the studio is struggling this much this soon, it seems unlikely that they'll get back on track. It's a shame, it started out as a cute and laid-back show.

This week's Flip Flappers started out as creepy, then it took a turn for the hilarious with all the yuri imagery. Then it got disturbing again. I liked their take on the yuri genre clichés, it was the more affectionate type of parody instead of the type that just mocks the genre like "lol lesbians", which I've seen a lot.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

As usual, round-up of this week's eps,

Occultic;Nine
The way the story sets various fractions between the characters really reminds me of Durarara, especially with how they're almost all trying to serve their own agenda in some way; not much revealed so far, but at least one fraction is implied to be evil or at least trying to take advantage of the situation for more nefarious purposes.

Flip Flappers
Probably the best ep so far. Loved the horror, the yuri references as well as seeing Papika and Cocona's relationship deepen; downside, Yayaka really irks me, and her screentime really kills whatever enjoyment a particular scene had before she arrived.

Regalia
So, odd evul kid was the nigh-immortal avatar for Rux, and it looks like he/it's grand plan is to repeat the Fall of Rimgarde, only extending it to the entire world this time. In other news, Alter|Rena has appeared before Yui, the next few eps are going to be pretty hyped.

Brave Witches
Still not much development for any of the side characters, but at least Kanno is only borderlining being a Tsundere towards Hikari and the latter has somewhat overcome her inability to partake in the battlefield. The power to detect cores that Hikari and her sister possesses seems to be Mio's ability from S1 on steriods, though at a much higher price; should be interesting to see how it plays out later on.

MahouKei
I've to say, in the span of ep 3 to 6, the anime wasted no time in initializing the Battle Royale aspects; can't tell if the supposed goal to cut the number of magical girls in half is now abandoned or was never going to be upholded anyways, but 4 girls are dead now, leaving only 12 remaining, so the next 4 deaths should presumably end the game if the original goal wasn't a lie/still being upholded.

That aside, I'm actually rather okay with La Pucelle dying if it means there's potential yuri between Snow White and Alice/Ripple - even if La Pucelle x Snow White is technically yuri when they're both in their magical girl form. Side note, Cranberry is so sadistic as an antagonist and her powers kinda seems a little bit OP atm (though to be fair, all of her opponents so far were caught off guard because they didn't expect it), definitely looking forward to see how her role plays out in the overall scheme of the game.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 11:23AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

It's basically a gif-generator. I would not say its worth watching when you get all the good parts in gifs.

Long Riders gets delayed again. You can really tell they're having major issues, episode 4 was painful to watch. If the studio is struggling this much this soon, it seems unlikely that they'll get back on track. It's a shame, it started out as a cute and laid-back show.

I am at like ep2 cuz I am not feelin it much. Whats going on with ep4?

Actually, I am barely watching anything this season =/

Kinda dropped the very few I even bothered with watching, this season is pretty trashy. And maaaaaybe I'll continue with one... maybe Stella no Mahou... but I'm also kinda not getting much outa it.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 11:05AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

I am at like ep2 cuz I am not feelin it much. Whats going on with ep4?

It had a lot of deformed faces and weirdly-drawn backgrounds and there's a scene towards the end where Ami and Aoi are walking next to their bikes and their bodies are kinda... floaty? Like they didn't have time to finish the animation? I can't make gifs, but this is pretty bad. It might be better to wait for BDs in hopes they polish it up a bit.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Flip Flappers
Probably the best ep so far. Loved the horror, the yuri references as well as seeing Papika and Cocona's relationship deepen; downside, Yayaka really irks me, and her screentime really kills whatever enjoyment a particular scene had before she arrived.

My problem with Yayaka is she's too much a shounen stock character, who's destined to eventually turn on her masters and join the Flappers' cause, whatever that is. She's a bland bit of the expected in a series that prides itself on being loose and wacky.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Izetta was a chill, "not too much to worry about" episode, which I didn't mind, it was nice. Finé holding Izetta close was sweeet, they reminded me of married couples. But for real tho, when getting pie turns into giving a motivational speech.
Lotte screamed a bit during the corset scene, and that was when I realised that she had the same VA as Kujou Karen from Kiniro Mosaic :O It felt pretty obvious after, relistening to that pretty peculiar voice, but whoa
Mgirl Raising Project was whoa. Fucking rip tbh. I'm not super attached to any of the characters but it was super feelsbad. Poor kiddo :/ I wonder what the intro of the ep, about Robot Magical (?) girl was supposed to do. She didn't seem very interesting. I'm scared for Swim Swim, but wow, she's probably a much better leader than Ruler was, she took on a lot of responsibility there, and it wasn't even an item she was gonna use.
I rewatched the first minute of the first episode, I'm pretty sure it was Cranberry, the last standing among 15+ corpses of other magical girls. I don't think the number of deaths will be limited to 8 tbh, I'm pretty sure that after 8 have died, Fav will pull some shit like "Oops, 8 wasn't enough after all, we'll have to halve you again, pon". But damn is Cranberry strong, her magic isn't even an offensive skill. I wonder if she's also strong in her "normal" form. Hmm, well, I'm pretty sure this is the first battle royale Fav/"the evil people behind it all" have started.
Keijo, I'm happy for Aoba, she did good
I already mentioned FFlappers but damn it was so good, I really enjoyed it, watched it twice, interrupted my brother while he was brushing his teeth to show him scenes

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I started watching Kiss Him, Not Me a few days ago. I have to say... as soon as I saw the title a few months ago, I decided that I needed to watch this thing. When I found out there was a female suitor too, that was just icing on the cake! Anyway, basic plot synopsis: fujoshi suddenly loses weight (gotta love the classic anime losing 50 pounds in a week and gaining it back after one big meal... makes no sense but whatever) and then four dudes ask her out. She's not really interested in any of them though since she's too busy shipping them together... the presumably bi tomboy shows up in Episode 4 or so, and she's awesome. I mean, I like yaoi just as much as I like yuri... okay, not quite as much... much less, but the point is I like yaoi too and that's why I decided to watch this thing. The weird thing is that I'm okay with yaoi baiting, but I get all up in arms over yuri baiting. I wonder why that is... The fake yaoi scenes make my heart go aflutter (is this a real phrase, I could've sworn I heard it somewhere before) (THOUGH THAT REAL YURI SCENE MADE MY HEART GO AFLUTTER EVEN DAMN MORE). Anyway, I'm rooting for Mutsumi since the other three dudes are kinda on a scale from mildly asshole-y to highly asshole-y. I'm definitely rooting for Shima more than him, but this is a shoujo thing for straight girls, so I have no illusions about that ever happening. I'm hoping that some the yaoi will actually go somewhere though, taking into consideration the fact that the author's apparently written nothing but yaoi before this. You know, I think I should watch some actual yaoi now that I'm watching this yaoibaiting thing.

Now that I hear that the only guy is dead in Raising Project and that it's not just a mindless gorefest, I think I'll give it a shot now. I mean, mindless gorefests have their charm, but I don't really feel like watching something like that at the moment. I'll have to watch Izetta and Flip Flappers at some point too since they seem very interesting. I always say that I want action yuri, but I never do watch the action yuri that already exists (Kannazuki no Miko, I'll watch you eventually).

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 12:07AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

My rating for the latest Ping pong girls ep,

Hoku Hoku/10

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

I really want to La Pucelle Live!
I WISH THEY ALL BE HAPPY!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm late, but man Flip Flappers is so fun! so much yuri symbolism lol.

Ping pong girls is so gay~ I didn't expect the ships to be this solid so fast, wow!

It had a lot of deformed faces and weirdly-drawn backgrounds and there's a scene towards the end where Ami and Aoi are walking next to their bikes and their bodies are kinda... floaty? Like they didn't have time to finish the animation? I can't make gifs, but this is pretty bad. It might be better to wait for BDs in hopes they polish it up a bit.

Yeah...the animation gets really bad sometimes, minimal detail/awkward cg jumpcuts, it makes me sad because I'm enjoying the show.

To reply you must either login or sign up.