Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

It's kinda hard to really get anything from the 3 min. trailer, it doesn't look bad that the very least. I'll just wait for more information/gameplay.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So first we get Pokémon S&M.

Then we get Nintendo Switch.

Family-friendly company, uh-huh.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Well, I am finally managing to pump hours into Kindred Spirits on the Roof... It's surprisingly well written, very well written... Definitely better than the vast majority of yuri mangas... Even when joggling around so many characters and managing to give depth to them without losing focus on the rest of the characters. Not something I've ever seen done well... As well as so many small details in their depth, interactions/dynamics with other characters.

Absolutely loving it. Nearing the end tho.

Late to the party... but yeah, I see why ppl really liked it.

Guess next for me is Highway Blossoms, and maybe Starlight Vega(althought for some reason I don't feel much motivation to get into the latter). I don't know how either of these got received tho, I did not keep an eye on em.

I haven't played Highway Blossoms yet, but I really liked Starlight Vega.
While not perfect (seems that the last added routes were a bit rushed) I had a great time playing it. Razz artwork is lovely.
And I just loved Melody's route. She's my favorite character and her route has plenty of cute moments.
(That being said, sometimes I just wanted to go inside the game and slap Aria, the protagonist, she's a cool girl and all, but regarding her best friend she could be so... so... dense.)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

welp, finally got around finishing Kindred Spirits on the Roof,
Fantastic, did not expect much from it at first tbh.
but dang... that was... something...

last edited at Oct 24, 2016 4:24AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Holy shit how did i spent so much time on this internet without knowing that the composer of Ace Combat also composed for Star Fox Zero? This almost makes me feel like i'm back to my darling F-14 looping around trying to keep the enemy locked on holding the triangle button

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEJGkJbwbo
this looks like a fun time

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEJGkJbwbo
this looks like a fun time

It kinda looks like horror Skyrim, except everything is made of plastic.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

For the people out there who have actually played Summon Night 5, is romancing Ruelly exclusive to Arca or is it available for Folth too? I'm just curious and I have no desire to play as Folth.

I still think it's pretty cool they have a non-subtext yuri route this time around. That's the third fairly mainstream japanese srpg that I've encountered that has a yuri route: along with Fire Emblem Fates and Soul Nomad.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

It has been a long time since I have played it, but Soul Nomad had a non-subtext yuri route? Do you mean with the Childhood friend in one of the evil routes or something else?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

It has been a long time since I have played it, but Soul Nomad had a non-subtext yuri route? Do you mean with the Childhood friend in one of the evil routes or something else?

Nope, I think I remember the archer party member having a non-subtext ending. To be honest, I couldn't make myself try out the evil routes because I already got attached to the characters.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Ah, I see. Thank you. Maybe I will read up on that to refresh my memory then.
Leaving the evil route out is understandable. I played it mostly out of curiosity but yeah, it gets really dark. The good evil end has its charms though. I liked that one^^

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

So I've decided to break a personal rule and buy a prerelease title. While I'm in no way a veteran of the previous game, got to say that Killing Floor 2 looks like a very solid title.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Been playing Oxenfree and I'm upset there's not more Nona/Alex fanfiction.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Been playing Oxenfree and I'm upset there's not more Nona/Alex fanfiction.

Fuck yes.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So I've decided to break a personal rule and buy a prerelease title. While I'm in no way a veteran of the previous game, got to say that Killing Floor 2 looks like a very solid title.

This has been on my wishlist for a looong time, but it's rarely on a Steam Sale that isn't 5% =/
feels a bit... expensive.

Also hear about a mess going on when they introduced microtransactions.

Share your thoughts after a few hours of playing it, amount of content so far, etc.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

This has been on my wishlist for a looong time, but it's rarely on a Steam Sale that isn't 5% =/
feels a bit... expensive.

Also hear about a mess going on when they introduced microtransactions.

Share your thoughts after a few hours of playing it, amount of content so far, etc.

Got it a week ago, paid 18 Euros (did math just now, 33% off).

After 24 hours of playing, I can say that it's pretty good actually.

There's 9 perks already (including all of the ones from KF1) and a few new ones, including an excluse pistol oriented one. One is missing, which will be basically a jack-of-all trades.

As far as maps are concerned, there's like 10 of them. I'd say it's a bit underwhelming in that department, but.. you can get custom ones with Steam workshop.

I do like the fact that you earn perks for each class and you actually have to select one, but.. some of them are clearly superior to others. On the other hand, you finally start with the same weapon, regardless of your level.

Been getting decent FPS, the graphics are really neat imho. Some say that the visual effects are a bit overdone; I like them.

The microtransactions.. well, they do exist which is a bit of nonsense, but so far it's only cosmetic. Then again, at the end of its life spam, Tripwire has introduced weapon DLCs to Killing Floor 1.

The game seems harder than the previous one. Certainly the bosses are. And thank god for nerfing berserker.

The dialogues are even more monotonic than in KF1. Sure, all of characters have unique voice files, but their writing is.. painful. Only two girl chars as well, with one being really annoying. The cosmetics from my experience are not that noticable.

It's a bit buggy at this stage, but I'd say that it has quite a lot of content. To be honest, I still don't trust Tripwire, but for 18 euros it's decent value for money. I'd say wait for a sale and get it.

If ya have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I see, thanks.
Will wait for a good Steam Sale for this.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haven't played it myself but a few of my friends have. Basically, if you liked Pillars, you're gonna love Tyranny is what I took from them.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Brought Bloodborne DLC today.

Fucking shit its far more difficult than Dark Souls 3.

But thats the fun.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Anyone playing Tyranny? Didn't realize it was out, downloading it now to tide me over until Dishonored 2 is on sale + patched.

It's an improved pillars of eternity, like it so far. ^^ Also, same sex marriage exists in universe, which is always a nice touch.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

But thats the fun.

I almost liked Old Hunters DLC more than the actual games, because of the bosses and the areas.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

oh shit! Oh shit! OH SHIT!
My heart is not yet prepared for this!

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

But thats the fun.

I almost liked Old Hunters DLC more than the actual games, because of the bosses and the areas.

I loooooooooved Lady Maria boss fight. That girl was strong and beautiful as hell.

And she was the only boss who killed me more than 3 times while i defeated Orphan of Kos on first try

This topic has been locked.