Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I've not caught up with any D.C stuff tbh :/

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^ same goes for me but with Marvel. Though i'm waiting for Avengers 3.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 7:56AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ It's funny, I'm almost on the complete opposite spectrum in that I'm waiting for Darksied to appear in the D.C Cinematic Universe. That aside, Avengers: Infinity War won't be out until 2018 sadly, and that's only just part one :/

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 8:08AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

They got rid of the Part One and Part Two from the titles.

I am going to see Dr. Strange on Sunday.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of assumed you'd hate it Ulquiorra, since it was confirmed she's not being portrayed as queer in the movie, although she will be in the books.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just can't take Benedict Cinnamonroll seriously as Strange, tbh. I look at him in the outfit, and in the trailer, and all I see is him cosplaying, not the character. He's spent so much time in fan circles being Benedict Cummerbund, in the same way William Shatner or George Takei are themselves as personalities, it's very difficult to see him as his role now.

His disastrously miscast turn as Khan in Star Trek doesn't help, mind you.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Kind of assumed you'd hate it Ulquiorra, since it was confirmed she's not being portrayed as queer in the movie, although she will be in the books.

Who are you talking about?

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

And for the record, if anyone disagree with this, please don't reply to me. It's easier to just agree to disagree right off the bat than to start an opinion war that'll lead nowhere.

Side note: You guys have no idea how long I've wanted to get this off my mind...

I know many have seen my comical rants about subtext, but know that my "hatred" of it is purely satirical and hyperbolic. I've never had a problem with it, and I am all for endings that leave things to the imagination. I've seen too many of my favorite stories get bogged down with the need of an "all-encompassing ending" that leaves nothing unresolved. Sometimes it's nice to play with the what if and what could be. But for my sake, it's a simple matter of "not my cup of tea". Like threesomes/orgies or ghost romances or even certain genres as a whole like Mahou-shoujo or psychological horror, I can respect some of the amazing things they do, but I just don't want to read those sort of things.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 10:22AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I just can't take Benedict Cinnamonroll seriously as Strange, tbh. I look at him in the outfit, and in the trailer, and all I see is him cosplaying, not the character. He's spent so much time in fan circles being Benedict Cummerbund, in the same way William Shatner or George Takei are themselves as personalities, it's very difficult to see him as his role now.

I do not like Benedict Cumberbatch at all, and he was terrible as Khan, but I'm still gonna see it. Seeing it with my former coworker so that will be fun. Will see it with my other friends when I drive up to NJ for Thanksgiving.

As an aside, I can't take Vision seriously because Paul Bettany to me is always Geoffrey Chaucer from a Knight's Tale.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Matto

Odd, I've never seen your rants before lol. But thank you for not starting a debate over this topic.

I know ppl have rather definitive expectations of what yuri means to them and I respect that, I just feel that as a community we shouldn't be arguing over "subtext" but rather we should embrace it, and work together as a greater community beyond language and region to go towards a future where more original anime with yuri content will be made, where more yuri manga/LN/VNs will be adapted.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 10:40AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I do not like Benedict Cumberbatch at all, and he was terrible as Khan, but I'm still gonna see it. Seeing it with my former coworker so that will be fun. Will see it with my other friends when I drive up to NJ for Thanksgiving.

Well, it's not that he's a bad actor necessarily, and I gather he's quite nice in person. It's just he was dramatically wrong for Khan. I can see him as a character like Holmes with that tightly controlled passion and drive, but as a feral force of nature like Khan? No way, it was a farce. More the director's fault than his I suppose, but even so.

And that's not even getting into the whitewashing thing.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Ah you are talking about Wonder Woman? I always saw her as a straight woman. And the fact that she is paired with Batman in DC movie is a bonus.

But then again Batman looks good with any woman.

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Rina posted:

@Matto

Odd, I've never seen your rants before lol. But thank you for not starting a debate over this topic.

That may have been a bit presumptuous of me to assume you saw like my two or so posts like 75 or so pages ago. Plus, I kind of accidentally blended some of my chats with members one on one with this forum (although obviously with those I wasn't "comical" per se, but more genuine.)

I've always thought Yuri should preach love and acceptance, not bickering and flaming. We're all deviants in some form or another here. I feel like there's no better place to embrace our quirks and differences. Whether LGBTQ or whatever, we've all got one glorious thing in common. It's that love for the wacky archipelago with the moon language. In other words:

JAPAN!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow I wonder what the context for that gif is

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah you are talking about Wonder Woman? I always saw her as a straight woman. And the fact that she is paired with Batman in DC movie is a bonus.

But then again Batman looks good with any woman.

Wonder Woman's now canon bisexual (or probably pansexual, given the character) in the comics, so I assume the current run is giving her a female love interest.

As to pairing her with Batman or Superman, that stuff always came off as way too fanfic for my taste. I mean it's fine as fanfic, but not for an official book (or movie).

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 11:03PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Wonder Woman's now canon bisexual (or probably pansexual, given the character) in the comics, so I assume the current run is giving her a female love interest.

As to pairing her with Batman or Superman, that stuff always came off as way too fanfic for my taste. I mean it's fine as fanfic, but not for an official book (or movie).

Hmm, didn't knew that. You might be the surprised but the fact the whole Amazon island is full of woman only means almost every woman is lesbian there only came to my mind a few weeks ago when i was reading an artice on this site about WW. I was really shocked that something as obivious ansd simple was ignored by me all these years.

Well the JL cartoon did have Batman/WW subtext in many episodes and now that movies are following the same way is lokr my fav. childhood pairing coming to life :D

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Yeah it felt pretty forced in the hot garbage dump that was N52 but since the movies a fresh start it's alright in my opinion I'm more worried about the special effects some of it looked a little rough at times like it was obvious green screen still cautiously optimistic

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 12:00AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^
The entire New52 was a garbage.

Replacing Lobo with a twilight Edward Lobo was the worst thing to do. I loved the perverted yet badass, funny and carefree R-rated Lobo. and what they do? They made new punk ass bitch Lobo who can't even make a joke to kill the original badass Lobo! What the fuck?!

And Batman being raped and introduction one of worst batman character Batman's son Damien. Smh.

Good thing they rebooted and made New 52 never happen.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I know this is not the place... but... I wanted to re-read some touhou doujins where you have Sanae and Suwako, and the Miko (don't remember her name) who is a human but they're hoping she would become a god like them, and she had to eat human meat to become one... the author also made some bizarre doujins like one where Suwako helps frogs survive but they become too smart and she ends up eating them because they start giving her frogs as sacrifices... weird. Someone know which author I'm talking about?

Edit*: Uh, well, you know what? I searched in the advanced search "Touhou creepy" and left out the comedy and Reimu x Marisa tag seriously there're just so many RxM and I found it righ away LMAO XD

This is the latter one I talked about: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaeru_no_kuni

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 4:32AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Rina

side note, I'm really not having the best of days lately...I guess following the 2016 elections does that to you > o >

Go and watch BrainDead!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4877736/

It might explain some things ;)

@ Blackkitty & Galich

P.s Anon, how are you doing? :)

I too wonder what Anon is up to these days.

I had another interesting week.
But after having to bury my own dog there's not much that can shock me anymore...
I'm doing pretty okay so far, surprisingly.

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 7:01AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I would like to admit that I really miss Anon's emojis. :D

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ (╯•﹏•╰)

Awww... (ó﹏ò。)
And I miss talking to you guys!!! (✿˵•́ ‸ •̀˵)
And writing here all the time... _〆(。。)

So I'll do my best to show up here more often ٩(。•ω•。)و

Emoji Power! ✌(◕‿-)✌

Sorry for the absence! m(_ _)m
Apology smooches! (˘⌣˘)ε˘`)

But I was like a zombie lately (¬º-°)¬
(ó.ò) So there wasn't much to contribute... (ಠ.ಠ)

(Here you go! Emoji overdose! (`・ω・´) ) ;)

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^ (╯•﹏•╰)

Awww... (ó﹏ò。)
And I miss talking to you guys!!! (✿˵•́ ‸ •̀˵)
And writing here all the time... _〆(。。)

Emoji Power! ✌(◕‿-)✌

Sorry for the absence! m(_ _)m
Apology smooches! (˘⌣˘)ε˘`)

(ó.ò) So there wasn't much to contribute... (ಠ.ಠ)

(Here you go! Emoji overdose! (`・ω・´) ) ;)

Heh, this makes me want to say how I really appreciate this website's forum in general. Maybe I just got lucky, but I haven't seen any terribly toxic content being said here by any users. It's almost like a safe space in the internet since any other comment section I've seen has had its fair share of unpleasant people. So thanks everyone for being nice! / thanks mods for being good at your job!

I also appreciate the surprising amount of variety of people here. Over the years I've been silently browsing through the forums, I've seen a multitude of languages being used by people to converse with each other. Makes me regret taking so long to finally create an account since for the longest time I never comment on anything. I think yuri is actually the first topic that compelled me enough to actually talk in the internet.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Did you manage to see King Ezekiel? ;D

Please come back soon! The more ppl the merrier ^ o ^

Also the premise of Braindead sounds like the only logical thing that can explain this menagerie of an election lol.

And side-note, I'm watching Bill Maher's FaceBook Live broadcast, it's hilarious omg; if there's any good out of this election, it's the fact that I'm being introduced to so many great TV talk-shows like The Daily Show, Real Time with Bill Maher, Last Week Tonight and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 9:06AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ LumberingCrane

Heh, this makes me want to say how I really appreciate this website's forum in general. Maybe I just got lucky, but I haven't seen any terribly toxic content being said here by any users. It's almost like a safe space in the internet since any other comment section I've seen has had its fair share of unpleasant people. So thanks everyone for being nice! / thanks mods for being good at your job!

That is so true! People here are really nice!
I know I started this thread but when I first showed up here I really didn't expect to stick around for so long. I just wanted to get things going. But all the people here made me come back almost every day. And I absolutely enjoyed my time here. Still do. ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )◞ ༘♡

I have a lot of fun talking to all kinds of different folks on here and it's actually kinda surprising to me how much it can affect you to talk to total strangers on the internet...
Really didn't expect that... (⌒▽⌒)

@ Rina

Did you manage to see King Ezekiel? ;D

Of course I did! (¬‿¬)
I like how they're trying to get Carol back on track! d (^‿^ )

And I honestly didn't expect the double kill in the first episode... (´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

Please come back soon! The more ppl the merrier ^ o ^

Mission accepted! (•̀ᴗ•́)൬༉

Also the premise of Braindead sounds like the only logical thing that can explain this menagerie of an election lol.

I actually think that BrainDead could be to your liking... Maybe you should give it a try. It's entertaining enough.

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 9:39AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.