Forum › Anime season

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Just saw Hibike, very nice
Reina deciding to play for Kumiko, dedicating her solo to her after watching Mizore tell Nozomi that she'd play for her was pretty nice <3 Kumiko recalling the fireworks, their hike up the mountain as Reina played <3
It was kinda romantic, those scenes

Is it yuri?

Don't watch it, you're probs just gonna bash it

Just read about it being yuri or not on reddit.

Acc. to them, it's a click bait yuri tag anime.

The publisher/author of this anime is famous of making yuri troll anime all the time.

Kyonai was his name or something. Oh you learn something new everyday, well now we know which publish to avoid :)

So yeah thanks you so much for your "help "

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 12:07AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Reina deciding to play for Kumiko, dedicating her solo to her after watching Mizore tell Nozomi that she'd play for her was pretty nice <3 Kumiko recalling the fireworks, their hike up the mountain as Reina played <3

Is it yuri?

That's awful of you to say that. Is it yuri or het?

Because I can tell your motivation for even thinking about watching something, and watching Hibike Euphonium cus you think it's 'yuri' will just antagonize it to you, and it'd be a damn shame if you were to dismiss everything about it just because it wasn't 'yuri' enough for you.
I wouldn't recommend it to you or confirm whether it's "yuri or het" because if you were to really watch it you'd ignore everything good about it and just try to spot the 'yuri' and you'd surely find it pointless and hate it

Edit: Yes, lovely, That's exactly why I think you shouldn't watch it.
See? I could tell you were gonna bash it. It's not the kind of attitude I'd recommend anime to

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 12:13AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Is it yuri?

That's awful of you to say that. Is it yuri or het?

Because I can tell your motivation for even thinking about watching something, and watching Hibike Euphonium cus you think it's 'yuri' will just antagonize it to you, and it'd be a damn shame if you were to dismiss everything about it just because it wasn't 'yuri' enough for you.
I wouldn't recommend it to you or confirm whether it's "yuri or het" because if you were to really watch it you'd ignore everything good about it and just try to spot the 'yuri' and you'd surely find it pointless and hate it

Edit: Yes, lovely, That's exactly why I think you shouldn't watch it.
And Kyoani (Kyoto Animation) is the studio that made it.

Smh. You think you know me enough to make the decision if i would hate it or not?

You know what i hate is the click bait as yuri only it to turn into het or worse....harem but i absolutely don't hate if the clickbaiting is done while not concentrating on yuri and nicely exploring other aspects of anime.

You know which is one of my fav yuri anime? Yuru Yuri. Even though almost all of yuri is subtext, i enjoy slice of life in it.

What i hate is you are promised a yuri romance anime only to turn het romance. And there is nothing else to it and only het romance.

So yeah stop being all judgemental on me.

P.S- we are on a yuri site what kind of anime do you think people are looking for here, Sherlock? A het harem hentai anime?

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 12:22AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ You're going to be disappointed in some yuri entries from the early 2000s then, since "Class S yuri" was still a prominent thing back then.

Still, not that I don't understand the sentiment of disliking something that clearly has yuri potential but has het interference in it, as seen in my rant on the live-action drama Crow's Blood.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 12:47AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Smh. You think you know me enough to make the decision if i would hate it or not?

I don't need to know you, i dont really care tbh, I'm just saving you a lot of time on it
You obviously want a yuri anime, and well Hibike just isn't the one for you. Period.
It would have been completely douchy of me to tell you to watch it, despite it not being what you're looking for, because I personally really like it. That's all, hence my "don't bother" sort of response.
+ Passive aggressiveness for seeing your super trashy review a few posts ups.
The obvious annoyance in my first response wasn't necessary I do admit, but I still wouldn't recommend anything to you. I haven't watched the anime, but I felt like half of your salt in your review was cus it wasn't yuri.
Ofc I like yuri, but I feel like to a certain extent, if your standards for something being good is too heavily correlated on the presence of yuri, then it's not the sort of opinion I'd value/take seriously

You know what i hate is the click bait as yuri only it to turn into het or worse....

Ight, here we go, since I don't think the reddit posts you read were very accurate, it's just one side of the coin.
Hibike Euphonium is a series of novels, in which, romantic relationships-wise, the main protagonist ends up going out with her male childhood friend. The anime provides less focus on him however, and Kumiko is shown to have little interest in him, despite him obviously having feelings for her. Her relationship with another girl however, proves to be very significant in terms of plot and character development, and their scenes together can be easily interpreted as subtext, and are occasionally homoerotic.
It's criticised as being queerbaiting because canonically in the novels, it's het, and they're just really good friends. The other girl also has a male love interest. It just seems really gay too, so people are like ?? what is this??
As of now, ep 5 season 2, the 'het' hasn't happened "yet" (?). We don't really know what'll happen, if it'll be an open ending (romance-wise) or if something will be canon.

Excluding the shipping, I also think that Hibike Euphonium is a good show, I like the plot, the character development, it's pretty good. Ofc I'm also really into the ships, but whatever happens in that aspect of the series, I won't deny that it's a good anime, imo.
Too often I've heard of ppl shitting over it because the yuri isn't canon. Like tbh, as much as I ship them, like... It's not a yuri anime tho? And with or without the yuri, it's still pretty good? Like ofc it being good or not is a personal opinion, but when your salt for the non-canon yuri just ruins it for you, well, that's not fun
Hence the hardships of everything being so heteronormative. If it isn't offical, you can't/assume something will be gay, you're really gonna have to ride it out and see for yourself, or wait for it to end and ask other people.

P.S- we are on a yuri site what kind of anime do you think people are looking for here, Sherlock? A het harem hentai anime?

God forbid people to have interest in things other than yuri. The reader does mainly have yuri works, but this IS an anime thread, people do watch and come back to comment on anime other than yuri/subtext.

On a side note:

You know which is one of my fav yuri anime? Yuru Yuri. Even though almost all of yuri is subtext, i enjoy slice of life in it.

YuruYuru is fucking awesome
And I'd say that it's pretty text, it's subtext if it's hinted at, but doesn't go anywhere. At least for YY, you know they're pretty gay for each other, it just still doesn't go anywhere, a super casual slice of life

EDIT: Ofc queerbaiting is terrible and really shitty, but it's just that nothing happened, nothing is canon, and I've come to love everything about the series. It would totally bum me out, if mc were to date that really unimportant male character, but I still like the anime.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 12:58AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^too long to quote

I wrote that review and included everything. I warned people who only go for yuri and also those who go for interesting characters. Even going by normal standards that anime is still average at very best.

You do realize this is the first time i'm hearing about that series? How about 'oh hey this series is based about on somewhat more het novel but anime is taking about more lez side, its up to you if you are okay with it'...... But no. You, mister, jumped straight to 'oh no you gonna bash, i'm not explaining anything to you, you gonna bash it even though i don't know if you fine with that, i will make decision on my own and wrongly assume you are going to bash it.' Smh

I knowm it's an anime thread. I might sound cocky and arrogant but as far as het goes i think i am extremely good with my choices and have top class het animes in my list. So the only i need are yuri anime.

Yeah. And i was bashing YuruYuri, right?! I ignored every funny and adorable moments and jumped straight for yuri only. It skipped the fact how good it is, right? :D

Like i said again, if the anime is not building up to any yuri or very less yuri relation and girl goes to boy while the other ascepts are A+, i wouldn't care about it. But where there is only aspect is yuri and nothing more to see, then it is fine to be angry.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^ You're going to be disappointed in some yuri entries from the early 2000s then, since "Class S yuri" was still a prominent thing back then.

Still, not that I don't understand the sentiment of disliking something that clearly has yuri potential but has het interference in it, as seen in my rant on the live-action drama Crow's Blood.

I really am not into vintage yuri. The only before 2000's anime i'm interested are classic legendary ones like DBZ, Cuty Hunter and JJBA (not Sailor Moon though)

joined Sep 21, 2014

You do realize this is the first time i'm hearing about that series? How about 'oh hey this series is based about on somewhat more het novel but anime is taking about more lez side, its up to you if you are okay with it'...... But no. You, mister, jumped straight to 'oh no you gonna bash, i'm not explaining anything to you, you gonna bash it even though i don't know if you fine with that, i will make decision on my own and wrongly assume you are going to bash it.' Smh

yeah idgaf, and I did give you a detailed answer, didn't I?
Saying it's het isn't accurate. Saying it's yuri is false too. Saying it's yuribait just isn't right either.
Depending on who you ask, you'll get varied answers, because there are a lot of sides to this, different ways to interpret it. It was too annoying to bother answering, if the potential response could just be "oh its het fuck it"
I only ended up being more specific about it because like I thought, you were gonna stumble on "its shit bait dont't"

Yeah. And i was bashing YuruYuri, right?!

*rolls eyes*

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

And i did i came up saying 'Clickbait'? No, right? And thats exactly my point, if you could just have give the explaination instead of just assuming things, it would've been shorter and easier.

It was being sarcastic to prove my point...

joined Sep 21, 2014

It was being sarcastic to prove my point...

*rolls eyes*
Yes. Yes it was.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 2:30AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Times like this I'm glad Im not even watching said anime in question; I'm doubting that KyoAni would have the guts to change the pairing to canon yuri, they'll probably just follow footsteps of the moron of an author and force the contrived het romance into it anyways and then pass off everything as "oh they're still really good friends though".

Yeah no. That notion of thought is pure cancer and doesn't excuse the fact that the author ruined a perfectly viable yuri story and had the chance to conclude the story as yuri even with introducing 'male love interests'. I mean, even Girl Friends had an arc where Mari tries to date a guy to forget about her feelings for Akko, but yet she still got together with her in the end; the fact is that the author lacked the conviction to go through with what they started and chose the easy way out of things.

That being said, if KyoAni, out of the goodness of their conscience, decides to stick the finger to the author and make the pairing canon in the anime anyways, then, I might consider watching it and possibly even recommending it.

Oh and, bashing any anime for ruining a viable yuri story is pointless, bash the morons behind writing them - they're the venom that poisons the well, the stories they write are just the means to their ends.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 11:24AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

You can't call Hibike yuri but you can't call it het either imo. There has been a shit tone of het interaction from the novels between the female mc and her male childhood friend that has been completely erased in the anime. Her friend so far is almost non existent in the anime. This is not how romance works.
If I had to bet, I'd say open ending is the most possible regarding the romance.

It's always possible that she will end up with her childhood friend in the very end though. But personally I chose to only focus on the yuri parts (if someone can call them yuri anyway) and I don't care even if they end it in het. Because these parts are too nice to say they are not worth it because in the end nothing happens.
Fanfictions and fanarts will be more about the two girls anyway. We can't always have an anime exactly how we like. And in fictional characters, canon endings are not a guide or an absolute to follow.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Fun fact, the series composer for Locodol is also doing series composition for Flip Flappers. So yeah, it'd be heavily yuri-focused throughout the anime.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 11:23AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Flip Flappers this week was scary... but really good, as usual.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I'm only bothering with Hibike at this point for the side couple(s).

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This week on Flip Flappers: Nightmare MariMite. I have no idea what the symbolism in this show is trying to do

Meanwhile, Regalia is suffering. I actually have to appreciate the effort Johan puts into being a complete jackass

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So the official Twitter for Izetta just tweeted some of the additional stuff that'll come with the BDs, they're pretty nice.

https://twitter.com/izetta2016/status/794532311593259009

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I really dont understand why certain people defend the queerbaiting in hibike, like guys this isnt the early 2000's anymore we should have higher standards but whatever.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really dont understand why certain people defend the queerbaiting in hibike, like guys this isnt the early 2000's anymore we should have higher standards but whatever.

Even though it's The Current Year, we're still talking Japan which drags its feet pretty badly.

joined Sep 21, 2014

FlipFlappers was so fun lmao, it was like this unsubtle parody of class s stuff, and the horror was just awesome

So the official Twitter for Izetta just tweeted some of the additional stuff that'll come with the BDs, they're pretty nice.

https://twitter.com/izetta2016/status/794532311593259009

jfc that's not gay at all

Because maybe people just want to enjoy it without having others all up in their faces
Maybe I don't have to feel like I have to justify the reason I watch it like "oh pfft hibike? im just watching it for x reasons, i dont really care" cus I want to say that I love it because I really do
Maybe I want to enjoy it without being shamed for it like my standards are low af, like it's just wrong of me to like it but whatever

last edited at Nov 4, 2016 1:05PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Having higher standars won't make Japanese to produce more canon yuri, or shows that match someone's taste perfectly.
I don't care if it's queerbaiting. I like their relationship and the moments they have together.
Besides, there are a lot of straight, non canon couples, but fans have no problem shipping them. So why should it be different for yuri?

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

FlipFlappers was so fun lmao, it was like this unsubtle parody of class s stuff, and the horror was just awesome

I totally enjoyed their very unsubtle needling of the class s type by making it into a horror themed episode. This whole show is turning out to be one big acid trip exploration of sexuality and acceptance thereof!

joined Sep 21, 2014

I totally enjoyed their very unsubtle needling of the class s type by making it into a horror themed episode. This whole show is turning out to be one big acid trip exploration of sexuality and acceptance thereof!

tbh, I burst out laughing a couple of times, because of the creepy school girls
Their super fast giggling and clapping, appearances/disapearances, even though they were pretty eerie and creepy, they were just pretty ridiculous at the same time, it was amazing xD
And that it was a loop, Cocona had her finger sucked like 5-6 times lmfao
It might have just been the atmostphere of the world that got them so 'hot and bothered', but it was still fun and shippable
Is it weird that I feel that there was more subtext in the previous episodes than in this one, even though "those feelings" were supposed to be more prominent in this world?

Buu-chan here was me 10/10
(is it me or does Buu-chan get brainwashed super easily)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Buu-chan doesn't really have much brain to wash.

It's hard to tell whether it likes hanging out with Papika or not.

To reply you must either login or sign up.