Forum › Tandem Lover discussion

joined Jul 3, 2011

Wow chap. 5, way to completely overshadow the main couple with a past couple.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow chap. 5, way to completely overshadow the main couple with a past couple.

Dont understand - Is there a main couple when its been a new couple every chapter more or less?

Also how are they 'overshadowing' the 'main' (first?) couple any more than any other chapter when no other couples are in it? And what does 'past couple' mean? none of these have been in the story before, and its not set in the past.

Dont understand.

If by main couple you meant the 2 co-pilots mentioned in the title- since its their first meeting and nothing happens except 'nice to meet you' id hardly call them a couple. And the pilots arnt a 'past' couple- they are a current new couple.

On another note -

Is the top half of page 26 meant to be black like that?

last edited at Dec 8, 2013 10:36PM

001a
joined May 8, 2011

elevown what biggbran77 is saying is that the main operators, the geniuses, are a couple from ch02: Kugawa x Sana, having their fight be the center point of this chapter overshadowed the potential couple of Mura x Tarin. Honestly for me this change made it a bit more complex then I feel the chapter should have been because it was pretty much all about a previous couple and messed with the overall flow of the manga a bit.

On another note-

Yes the top of page 26 is meant to be black like that because neither one won the fight and had at that point delivered the final blow, it is meant to be similar to how a show will leave you hanging to go to commercial or end an episode when a big plot point happens

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Lies, it cant be over!!

63621-girls-und-panzer-darjeeling-gununu-tank
joined Jun 23, 2013

gave me a strange feeling..
I really enjoy this though, cute, sweet and a bit sad...

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

5th chap best ever!!! xDDD Two tank genius deciding where to go on the first date! Hillarious

joined Nov 11, 2013

Ok, I will have to save Tandem Lover to my lists so I can go back to read. I liked chapter 5 best, and the opening chapter also.

Siren2
joined Jan 15, 2014

how does this not have an OVA yet? it's amazing.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

69... All aboard the yuri mecha?

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Same author of Rideback, huh?
I feel so overjoyed to know that he also draws yuri as well.

Cool. I've watched the anime a year ago, I ship the MC Rin and her best friend Shouko. I believe the subtext was strong in them. The ending song was really nice too.

With regards to this manga, I have to reread again but overall I remember enjoying the couples' story each chapter. The blend of mecha with yuri made me enjoy mecha which I usually don't. The power of yuri!

joined Sep 20, 2014

It's amazing story. I really enjoy it.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Koda and Shims nice!

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

OK sometimes actions are not enough... Sana San

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

The yuri is quite mild but very unique setting and nicely executed, so bump

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Has anyone else looked the setting and immediately thought of Simoun?

5th chap best ever!!! xDDD Two tank genius deciding where to go on the first date! Hillarious

Just two nerds nerding together. :D

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 3:06PM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Yuri blooming in a mecha school environment, who knew it could be so wonderful

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

absolutely not a coincidence that the mech with the two lesbians in it is #69

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

".... I designed this rhyme to remind myself how i tried so hard."
But seriously, I love how cute some of these chapters were, and was a bit sad at the bittersweet ones. After the last chapter talked about a royal military, it really put into perspective how much more developed this story could be if the author ever decided to continue it, but I'm content with what we got

last edited at Dec 13, 2019 11:44AM

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Mecha AND Yuri.
The two things I love, all together in one package.
All of my yes.

Fb_img_1655021386325
joined Dec 23, 2018

This series is unexpected amazing : D

To reply you must either login or sign up.