Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'll wait for the Bluray in order to watch Brave witches... The previous seasons were full of light beans

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

We all do realize that we're still at the set-up phase of the season and all these shows have the potential to changed dramatically, right?

That said, Flip Flappers' first episode shows strong potential both for yuri and being a good show in general. Great art, both technically and design-wise, fun tone, and Papika sure is fond of Cocona

So thanks to a post from a resident yuri (subtext) hating subhuman on ANN saying that they dropped Flip Flappers with knowledge of what happens in future eps, it is safe to say that Flip Flappers is going to go all in with the yuri later on, subtext or otherwise.

As an original series, people really shouldn't have knowledge of what happens in future eps. I think someone here is confused

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 10:21PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

As much as I enjoy seeing Chagen unhappy, it still doesn't really mean all that much. Someone that saw the screenings was happy with the subtext and Chagen freaked out because that's what he does

joined Mar 11, 2016

There is so much to look forward to in this season that it is hard to believe. :V

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

There is so much to look forward to in this season that it is hard to believe. :V

What is there? From what I remember mentioned:
Izetta
Flip flappers
Keijo
Hibike Euphonium
Brave Witches
Magical Girls Raising Project
Takkyuu Musume

What else? Someone add to the list
Btw, do you need to have watched Strike Witches to watch Brave Witches? :>

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 1:13AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

You forgot Takkyuu Musume and we're still waiting on Idol Memories, Stella no Mahou, Long Riders, Girlish Number, and Wixoss

joined Sep 21, 2014

You forgot Takkyuu Musume and we're still waiting on Idol Memories, Stella no Mahou, Long Riders, Girlish Number, and Wixoss

Waiting on? They aired right? So those haven't been subbed yet?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Stella no Mahou has aired but no one is subbing it lol, same for Girlish Number.

Also, you shouldn't need to watch the original Strike Witches, although chronologically Brave Witches takes place alongside S2 of the original apparently.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 1:20AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

For sentimental reasons I went to rewatch the scenes about Mari and Kanan in episode 9 of LL Sunshine again. The bg music was so good, it was so emotional, it'd be great if they were released as osts or something. I dont exactly remember, but I think I generally liked the [bg] music.

Rina, what's your pic from?

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 2:38AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Currently it's official art of Hotaru x Maihime from Qualidea Code ^ - ^

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Flip Flappers was very entertaining, and the ED was lovely! So much great anime this season. ^_^

Still waiting for Mahou no Stella, Girlish Number and Long Riders.

joined Mar 11, 2016

What is there? From what I remember mentioned:
Izetta
Flip flappers
Keijo
Hibike Euphonium
Brave Witches
Magical Girls Raising Project
Takkyuu Musume

What else? Someone add to the list
+
Idol Memories
Stella no Mahou,
Long Riders,
Girlish Number,
Wixoss

+
Regalia
Vivid Strike!
Mahou Shoujo Nante
Soushin Shoujo Matoi

That is a lot mate! I had only one or two shows to look forward to in the previous seasonS and there was little to no yuri. I didn't feel anything even from the most popular shows (or other shows for that matter) and they'd get boring quickly for me. Like anime was dead for me in these past couple of seasons and I had lost hope that it'll get any better.

Plus I've watched too much anime so I don't get hyped so easily. That is why it is hard to believe for some of them to be this awesome (yuriwise) and excite me. ^_^

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 4:30PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Flip Flappers was giu, I loved it
It was like really crazy and bewildering, kinda like Yuri Kuma Arashi in the beginning
It's a mindfuck of colours and movements and just?? I'm not sure what was going on but it sure had shit going on
The scene Papika leaned in really close (like 3-4 times tbh) really had me riled up, I really thought she was gonna kiss her
The animation, with the big eyes and all isn't really my style but idk, I like it, it's fitting for the vibe and style it's got, it's like a magical sci-fi winter tale on drugs, with cute girls and suspicious-looking scientists
And Cocona's faces in the ED just killed me

Also, for those who have watched it, did Cocona legit go super saiyan on us

Also, I think Stella no Mahou was subbed. Someone give us feedback

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 6:47PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, the new Wixoss is about a couple of girls who are pretty hung up on each other. Haven't interacted much yet, but certainly has potential for yuri. Show's nothing spectacular, though . And Kiyoi is back. That poor, poor girl

The scene Papika leaned in really close (like 3-4 times tbh) really had me riled up, I really thought she was gonna kiss her

What was interesting there is that Cocona only pushed her away when she started sniffing

Also, I think Stella no Mahou was subbed. Someone give us feedback

Charming. No yuri (subtext) that I noticed, but charming

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 9:46PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

What was interesting there is that Cocona only pushed her away when she started sniffing

Gosh, and I spoiler tagged just in case too :<
But yeah she totally could have kissed her ( ・ิω・ิ) ❤
Cocona's reaction time was like minus one thousand

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 10:17PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

not liking much from this season... ep1's were pretty weak of everything i checked.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i am excited for the blood bath thats gonna happen in drifters

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So I decided to place my faith in Okada Mari's recommended writer and took a gander at the new WIXOSS, and so far, I getting vibes that this is indeed following after the events of Selector and raises the question of who is behind this new system because the end of Destructed WIXOSS nearly eliminates the possibility of Ulith being the new "Mayu" since her soul was saved after the White Room collapsed, and the new system doesn't fit into Ulith's M.O of relishing in seeing the despair from hopes and dreams being crushed.

The fact that the White Room is still intact suggests that Mayu didn't create the Selector system, her hatred and loneliness was just so strong that it fundamentally changed the rules of the game; which leaves the possibility that this could either be the true nature of WIXOSS before Mayu's ascension, or an equally powerful character has taken over the White Realm and changed the rules again.

Another question is whether this new Selector system is a direct consequence of Ruuko removing the previous one or somehow her wish became corrupted down the line. Given that Riru introduces herself as the "LRIG of the Beginning", Ruuko's wish might've somehow not extend to the other imaginary LRIGs that were lost to the void back when the Selector system was being changed by Mayu.

Now hopefully the anime does explain how this new system came to be in relation to the events of Selector, if there's any relation at all. But that aside, the plot element in regards to Suzuko and Chinatsu's relationship is a lot more interesting than that in Selector, and I do hope that they'll meet eachother down the line, preferably not in a battle. And although the first Male selector we see is a several times more obnoxious carbon copy of Akira, hopefully the others will be somewhat better and won't serve a significant role in the overall scheme of things.

Quite interested to see if Lostorage can live up to Selector WIXOSS, but I guess I'll just have to place faith that Okada Mari selected (no pun intended) the right writer to carry on her story; this either has potential to be just as good as the original for me, or I could downright despise it depending on how the new writer play his cards. That being said, if this writer adds any of remaining male selectors in a way that interferes with the (yuri) relationship between Suzuko and Chinatsu, Lostorage is getting an instant 1/10 and drop from me.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

i am excited for the blood bath thats gonna happen in drifters

It looks pretty intense! I'm really looking forward to it.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Girlish Number. Satire of the voice-acting industry. I think it's good, but it's not really my style. Don't expect any romance, yuri or het

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

^ Apparently they said its from pre screenings of the anime in Japan. Still, legit information or not, at least the yuri is very real, since the user seems to get triggered hard from any form of yuri shipping in anime.

That reminded me. It is so ironic when we get people like him crying "why it has to go yuri/yaoi/furry/whatever" when literally 99% of all media is focused on het audience and they are the ones to dare tell us to not shove yuri etc. in their face and keep it up to ourselves. Like I wish to find that Yuriwood that mass produce all sort of lesbian movies that we supposedly have enough already that we don't have to invade their media as well.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 11:48AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Of the CGDCT anime this season Long Riders is definitely the gayer one. Nothing brilliant and still not that yuri, but might be worth checking out

Meanwhile, Izetta continues to be amazing

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Could someone clarify for me whether the protagonists in Izetta are supposed to like each other romantically or not? I think so but it almost seemed like the writers deliberately made it unclear. Or I'm just seeing what I want to see.
(Only watched episode 2)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Tbh I don't think we'll ever get a true clarification going forward since most yuri anime are made that way, mostly because Japan is terrible when it comes to accepting the idea that

A) Girls that like other girls actually exist, and
B) Their truly, and I can't stress this enough, archaic "class S" or "it's just a phase" mindset should be abolished.

Personally I wouldn't ponder on it too much and just roll with it being yuri; if the author doesn't go out of the way to say otherwise, just think of the lack-of-confirmation as an act "throwing a bone" to the sad ppl that refuse to change their mindset.

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 3:47AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Alright...

Brave witches looks like it'll be pretty similar to the other seasons...which probably means yuri begins on ep 3 or 4.

Keijo is pretty fun, I'll probably watch the whole thing.

Flip flappers is sweet, I liked the animation a lot and the ship is REAL!

Long riders is nice...and I think Aoi is Mitsu's descendant or something...

Takyuu musume has a girls called boobs chest-chest so I'm sold.

Stella no Mahou it looks like it'll be entertaining.

Idol memories looks like a poor man's Aikatsu, also Symphogear(?) I have no idea...they were testing a game, I guess that's how they train? I think I'll keep watching...I guess?

I'll probably try Girlish number and/or Soushin shoujo Matoi later if I'm bored.

Meanwhile on Izetta...I think someone has a crush~

To reply you must either login or sign up.