Forum › Showcase Girl discussion

joined Jan 22, 2015

It's not as bad as it seems. Ignore that bad feeling you get halfway through and read on for the good ending.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I was really worried halfway, but then the ending became so relatable that me and my five adopted dogs began to bark

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

After the last one withe the eyes I was really cautious but in the end it was really relatable

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

Aww that was rather cute

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

So basically the manager has a harem of kemonomimi girls...

It's also somewhat terrifying when you realize that these sentient kemonomimi girls are all kept caged in one-way glass rooms and they're being sold and bred like any other pet.

Though I might personally like to be one of those catgirls

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

I refuse to consider the ethics of this adorable story.

joined May 10, 2015

Dark as the basic priniciple is, I take at least a little comfort from the fact that the manager of the store clearly loves the girls and raises the ones she can't bear to part with. That implies, at least, that she cares enough to make sure the girls go to good homes with loving families. Look at it that way, and it's kinda like an orphanage.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

When I saw the three tags I was like "Sweet!" But after I read it

"... I did not expect that."

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, at least it was clear from the start that this was going to be slightly messed up as opposed to the eye story where she got her eye bitten out out of nowhere. It seems like Shimazaki has a knack for slightly messed up stories that still manage to be cute somehow... That breeding line is more than a bit screwed up, but I can only hope it's voluntary science babies and not how breeding usually works in real life... (granted, I know nothing about real-life breeding but still) I mean, it seems like the manager's a good person, so I doubt she'd let that kind of thing happen.

You know, I wonder how well this pet shop is doing anyhow since the manager seems to be buying a ton of the pets herself. It seems like it'd be a huge waste of money to me... although at least they're getting some (presumably) free labor though.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Well I liked this story :)

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

As someone who has owned somewhere between 2-5 cats at any given point in their life this is extremely relatable.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well, the situation was pretty obvious from the start. Especially with the name.

Kinda expected bad end all the way though.

And those names, so meta.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, the ending was good as far as the story went but I generally hate these casual subservient / slave race settings - Not sure why they seem popular or acceptable in Japan. There are lots of them though - like the recent nekopara games or even back in the day with robots like chobits, and many other cat girl IP.

They have these sentient cat girls or robots all made to be bread / sold and owned by humans - even if in the anime they are all looked after with love it is still slavery. EVEN with robot girls you make - if they have true AI awareness that makes it slavery - and I can't get past being disturbed at how scummy the human race would have to be to happily and unquestioning go back to legal slavery. And them not being human doesn't make it better.

I always loved in Nanoha how their devices are treated - not just by their user - they effectively worked with you because they wanted to - when it came to upgrades they were asked what they thought - and could request their own or refuse etc.

So even though they were magic / nano tech devices not even vaguely humanoid - because they were truly sentient and self aware they were treated as partners and had rights. Kinda the opposite of this owning cat girl slaves fetish.

I do like cat girls mind :) Just can we please have ones that arn't owned as slaves?

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 6:18PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well, the ending was good as far as the story went but I generally hate these casual subservient / slave race settings - Not sure why they seem popular or acceptable in Japan. There are lots of them though - like the recent nekopara games or even back in the day with robots like chobits, and many other cat girl IP.

They have these sentient cat girls or robots all made to be bread / sold and owned by humans - even if in the anime they are all looked after with love it is still slavery. EVEN with robot girls you make - if they have true AI awareness that makes it slavery - and I can't get past being disturbed at how scummy the human race would have to be to happily and unquestioning go back to legal slavery. And them not being human doesn't make it better.

I always loved in Nanoha how their devices are treated - not just by their user - they effectively worked with you because they wanted to - when it came to upgrades they were asked what they thought - and could request their own or refuse etc.

So even though they were magic / nano tech devices not even vaguely humanoid - because they were truly sentient and self aware they were treated as partners and had rights.

I get where you're coming from here but being into pet-play I kinda just glossed over the implications of the setting because my brain immediately went to "envy kemonomimi" and stuck there.

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 6:21PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I agree with all the ethical criticisms. But . . . Look, politically I'm a radical. I have serious problems with how our society and cultures are set up and want to change them in fundamental ways.

My fetishes, though, come from the society I was brought up in, not the one I'd like to see. C'est la vie.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I would do the exact same thing as manager-san. I have a problem.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I would do the exact same thing as manager-san. I have a problem.

No, you're just human. It's called empathy.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Did well at being fucked up but cute at the same time. Would have been sweet if B-ko wasn't just one of a bunch of other girls she bought. (Yes I know it's metaphorically representative of real life pet owners)

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 7:31PM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Wow, this artist is realling promising with this original storys.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This artist's stuff is so disturbing-yet-tame, odd, and kinda cute. Very... different...
Amusing.

I like.

joined Jun 30, 2015

We need disturbing cuteness or mindfucking cuteness tags

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

a bit strange

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This artist's stuff is so disturbing-yet-tame, odd, and kinda cute. Very... different...
Amusing.

I like.

More like watered-down version of Dowman Sayman.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I was going to say "Dowman Seiman presents: Strike Witches" but hey sure

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

I was going to say "Dowman Seiman presents: Strike Witches" but hey sure

At first I thought it was Dowman Seiman too.

Edit : Eventhough their artstyle doesn't look alike but it give me the same feeling.

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 10:37PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.