Forum › Hakumei & Mikochi discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Not to lower the level of discourse, but . . .
That chapter title!

joined Jun 30, 2015

That's kind of weird. Insects are shown to be sentient but fish aren't.

Not that much weirder than the reverse to be honest. Lots and lots of insects are sentient, and so are most fish. There are tons of fish far closer to the status of what we call sapience than some mammals, but our culture also kind of arbitrarily labels them all as lower on the sapience totem pole because "they" just look and think so obviously different than us.

Now i'm curious. What kind of fish Are so close to sapience?

Off the top of my head I know entire families of fish that are socially intelligent enough to engage in deceit and individuals show preferences, subordination and social behavior in single and grouped fishes, which ticks basically all but the most ludicrous criteria set by any reasonable philosopher of mind.

Edit: Here's a koi playing fetch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGxOK-bS4NM

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 8:21PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I love Jada's laid-back attitude and her }:3 expression that says "I'm not taking life too seriously. Want a mohawk?"

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Yay, a new chapter. I think I'm gonna read from the start - again. ;)

I really like this - only thing I don't like is the new home. the old one that exploded was much more beautiful... =/

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I love that manga so much. <3

N5203e802c394f_large
joined May 5, 2013

We're really tired! I want to sleep!

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I just finished chapter 20 and now I'm low-key shipping Sen and Conju.

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

the constant yawning and "we're really tired!" got me all kinds of worried

somehow i thought they were gonna conk out and something terrible was going to happen

joined Jun 30, 2015

I keep forgetting how small they actually are. Then I saw the enormous guinea pig and head-sized leaves of basil.

Papaya1
joined Sep 25, 2015

Nope nope, not crying ~^~ not crying at all...

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

yay, new hakumei and mikochi! this chapter was really sweet. i can almost smell the coffee ~

joined Jun 30, 2015

Two new chapters... I need more.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

yay new hakumei to mikochi!!! these chapters were so cute and engaging. i really gasped out loud when ayune revealed her ring!!!!! i hope that leads to some relationship development between the main girls. i like how their relationship isn't a big focus and that it's just a sweet thing brewing in the background but im ready for them to profess their love now. and to start sleeping in the same bed dammit

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

yay new hakumei to mikochi!!! these chapters were so cute and engaging. i really gasped out loud when ayune revealed her ring!!!!! i hope that leads to some relationship development between the main girls. i like how their relationship isn't a big focus and that it's just a sweet thing brewing in the background but im ready for them to profess their love now. and to start sleeping in the same bed dammit

I've been ready for that since chapter one. They're basically a long-term married couple already.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Even the rest of town sometime thinks they're already married after all ^^

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

would there be different sized trains for different species or can only the tiny people and smaller animals take these trains? seems unfair.

ANYWAYS hakumei and mikochi are married as always!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Damn, that manga even manages to make a train ride interesting with basically nothing happening. <3 And that's pretty much why I love it so much. ^^

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

The train employees were adorable.

joined Jul 20, 2011

And it looks like Mii doesn't notice the flirting.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

probably because it's not train related ^^

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Dude really loves his trains. He'd make vids of them and put them on YouTube, if it existed in-verse.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Need a Mii chapter.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Always a pleasure to read these chapters.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

cute

i really like how they deal with their very different interests in their relationship. it's not a topic i see explored often in manga, even though every couple has this problem at some point. i know i just gush abt every chapter in this thread but each chapter feels so fresh. this manga is truly iyashikei genre at its best.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Daaaw, Mikochi doesn't want to make Hakumei sad telling her she don't like fishing. <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.