Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Furthermore, we got a scene that a man slept in Seju's bed and Seju sat by the window.

It's moleguy (Seju's bro) and Seju's mom.

Since there are only 34 chapters left, I would guess that the author would have to make wdtfs an open-ended story. Imo, even if the author write us an ending as the ending you wrote (which I honestly believe it's the best ending), it won't be as perfect as yours. The author sure can make everything you wrote happen, but I would say the story would become kind of rush and unreal. :D

oh .. you guys should really read a manga called " gunjo " or "gunjou" its the most powerful mature , tragic story i've ever read ?! that will make WDTFS look like child's play !!!

That manga sounds scary. :D

joined Jan 17, 2016

Omg ! Gunjo is most amazing and intense manga i've ever read too ...its just so mature and dark and real it kills me wow its so underrated .it gave me so much feels and pain like no other manga did..its like watching a movie ...read it over and over ..its deffinelty my fav Very curious about the ending ..

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Okay, I decided to come and read the comments today.
Apparently there are a lot of discussions and about Seju >.> so I'm here to talk about Sungji, because she's my favorite character.
But first some things about Seju. I'm not sure what it means when she cut her hair. It could mean she's giving up or the complete opposite. But I don't know why everyone is so happy about Seju trying to win back Sumin. Judging from the way she spoke to Sungji it doesn't seem like she would use any legit of ways of winning back Sumin. I really don't like the way Seju turned out to be but I don't think the authors will mess her up more. In the first panels of the chapter you can see her expression and her heart racing while she's clenching the sheets (but not too tightly). It is clear that something has made Seju a bit disturbed. That Sumin left and ran after Sungji but also what Sungji told her. It is likely Seju is having a "moment of revelation" and that cutting her hair is indeed her wanting to go back to the old days but not in order to be with Sumin but in order to become like she was before; before she was messed up. I think is important, it would be wise of Seju to just wait to see Sumin's decision, not try to "win her back".
If Seju tried to win back Sumin by being sweet and all to her how would you feel if she did actually achieve it after doing this anyway? Besides is there really a legit way for Seju to win back Sumin? Sungji did not break up with Sumin and Sumin did not either. Until one of those things happen Seju can't possibly make a move.
Sumin is not going to be touched by Seju's moves and go to Sungji and be like "I'm sorry I think I love Seju more" and then Sungji will go on her soul searching journey and become a separate part of the story. I don't believe Sumin can end up with Seju in the context of the story. This is important because if Sumin decided to be with Seju the story would branch by separating Sungji from the conflict and this does not make sense. At the same time the opposite also holds true for Seju but a bit less I believe because Seju's story has been slightly branching from the start but it always had a connection that cannot be lost. It is possible that now the connection will be to Sungji instead of Sumin if SuminxSungji were to happen. That being said I do think Sumin can end up with Seju but I very much doubt it'll be for us to see I don't wanna see it anyway -.- >.> The only way to maintain Sungji in the story would be for them to end up together in the very last chapters or for the ending to be left open to interpretation but it being pretty obvious that Sungji will not come back to Sumin leaving the possibility that Sumin and Seju will get back together. I think this ending is quite possible. It doesn't do much justice to TeamPink because Sungji needs a lot of screen time, development and involvement in the story. And yes, she seems a bit secondary to some but I will explain why I think she's important.

I also read some comments saying about how Sungji's POV is totally out of the picture. I touched upon this before but I am sure this is not coincidental or because Sungji's POV is not important. She was holding onto all these feelings just to reveal them near the end. And did you notice? In the previous arc we didn't see her face at all and in this one as well her face was concealed until she started screaming. Have you ever seen Sungji with such a strong emotion on her face? Sungji always seems a bit expressionless. Sungji's story was being held until the very end for a big revelation. This arc is going to give more focus to Sungji. I will repeat my self >.> but we've seen Sungji's POV once before about her childhood plus her parents are also being concealed and after concealing so many things on purpose don't tell me you don't suspect this was also done on purpose. There seems to be a suggestion that Sungji has issues with her childhood that have to do with how she acts and dare I say why she loves Sumin. There have been small tidbits of Sungji's thoughts so that the revelation(s?) in the end makes sense. It's a common thing to do if you want the narrative to make, you need to put subtle suggestions but without making it predictable. At this point we can't say for certain but I still think Sungji is the protagonist. While Sumin is the main character and focus Sungji is the one going through the obstacles in the relationship and the one trying to win Sumin at first (example, taking advice from her friends). It has only been one chapter but we have seen Sungji change from being an innocent girl into a mature woman that can balance rationality with mad love. She has a lot of room for development and that is going to happen soon and her growth will do justice to her role. Sumin has also grown but she's kind of back at square 1 and confused.
Now my guess for the story. I do believe we will see more of Seju's POV as well and her change too. Also I doubt Sumin will chase after Sungji down the stairs. She seems too confused and scared to do anything which is pretty lame. Maybe after all Sungji won't like that in Sumin. I think this guess might be too radical but it really is the only interesting thing that makes sense I can think of. Well, Sumin as she is isn't really able to do anything with her life. It's not like she'll run back to get Sungji or to Seju. I thought maybe she will go away and disappear making Sungji and Seju worried about her in turn. They will have to get team up in order to find her and the story will show their growth. In the end they will get Sumin back and they will be able to let go of all their bitter feelings deeming this as a healing story. However no one will have to end up with anyone and the ending will be left open to interpretation without anything being truly solved just them moving into the healing phase of their heartbreak.

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 6:18AM

joined Sep 2, 2016

It's moleguy (Seju's bro) and Seju's mom.

Thank you. Now I know why that woman looks like Seju but has green eyes. I thought Seju was wearing lens :)

Since there are only 34 chapters left, I would guess that the author would have to make wdtfs an open-ended story. Imo, even if the author write us an ending as the ending you wrote (which I honestly believe it's the best ending), it won't be as perfect as yours. The author sure can make everything you wrote happen, but I would say the story would become kind of rush and unreal. :D

I believe the same that we might have open ending :) . I wrote my above ending only to calm my heart because I thought about it all night and wanted to make it clear that the 3 characters would be healed.

Anyway, are you sure that there are 34 chapters left? I am confused . I thought it's 24 since I heard that there are 80 chapters and we have 56 chapters done.
Please let me know. I am in dire need. I promise to myself that I will only pick this manhwa up again after it is finished. 10 days for 1 chapter update. I really can't stand waiting for 10 days for a new chapter to come.

oh .. you guys should really read a manga called " gunjo " or "gunjou" its the most powerful mature , tragic story i've ever read ?! that will make WDTFS look like child's play !!!

I have just searched about it. Many suggested that we should not read it until it is finished because it is so brutal and dark. Anyway, thanks for sharing this. I am kind of interested in reading miserable story.

Sumin but in order to become like she was before; before she was messed up. I think is important, it would be wise of Seju to just wait to see Sumin's decision, not try to "win her back".
There seems to be a suggestion that Sungji has issues with her childhood that have to do with how she acts and dare I say why she loves Sumin

Interesting point. I have never thought of these. I am waiting for more development on Sungji's part and Sumin's purpose on cutting her hair. By the way, someone mentioned that Sungji is actually not as innocent and naive as she seems to be because there are many hints that she knows about Sumin and Seju relationship but still want to make a move on Sumin like being on a rush to have sex with Sumin or kissing Sumin too much.

However no one will have to end up with anyone and the ending will be left open to interpretation without anything being truly solved just them moving into the healing phase of their heartbreak.

It is a really good way to end this story. However, I really want an obvious ending. Otherwise, my heart can not bear the hurt of having such blur ending. :(

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

oh .. you guys should really read a manga called " gunjo " or "gunjou" its the most powerful mature , tragic story i've ever read ?! that will make WDTFS look like child's play !!! trust me don't be scared or fooled from the cover or art style witch i find amazing ! ...the story is by far the most intense and powerful i've ever read ,, it has about 21 ch that you can find in every manga site ..

Nah it's nothing like WDTFS. I like angst, but this particular one I find quite cringey. Especially the main character, really. I dropped it around 1/3 cause I was starting to feel uncomfortable. And I'm not refering to the art, which is offputting as well.

joined Jan 17, 2016

oh .. you guys should really read a manga called " gunjo " or "gunjou" its the most powerful mature , tragic story i've ever read ?! that will make WDTFS look like child's play !!! trust me don't be scared or fooled from the cover or art style witch i find amazing ! ...the story is by far the most intense and powerful i've ever read ,, it has about 21 ch that you can find in every manga site ..

Nah it's nothing like WDTFS. I like angst, but this particular one I find quite cringey. Especially the main character, really. I dropped it around 1/3 cause I was starting to feel uncomfortable. And I'm not refering to the art, which is offputting as well.

Well gunjo is deffinetly one of the best strongest mangas i ever read but ...it certainly not for every one's tast ....its really dark and mature and tragic and sometimes cringworthy but one thing is for sure its one hell's of experience that will really make wdtfs like nothing ...i personally loved the art style is so unique and amazingly detailed ..as for the lead lady she is very interesting as well and has a fucking strong character . Which made the interaction between her and blonde woman who's in love with her really great but at the same time sad ! weather its the way the their relationship progress under the tragic circumstances of killing someone. and the huge amount of slapping in it XD , or the unrequited love thing which was frustrating as hell ,,i was blown away so fucking real !! .. definitely not recommended for those who want romance and fluffy and etc this one is for strong hearted kkkk
You should really give it anothet try ..what ch did you drop it ?

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 3:56PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I will read Gunjo one day for sure since some of you seem really into it. I just took a quick glance at Gunjo's art style. Is it about love stories of women in their 50s?

Anyway, are you sure that there are 34 chapters left? I am confused . I thought it's 24 since I heard that there are 80 chapters and we have 56 chapters done.

They have extended it to 90 chapters.

She has a lot of room for development and that is going to happen soon and her growth will do justice to her role.

I fell in love with Sungji's character in chapter 51, and fell out of love with hers in the very next chapter. It's Team Gaji's damn fault.

At this point we can't say for certain but I still think Sungji is the protagonist. While Sumin is the main character

Still I think it's Seju character that makes wdtfs interesting.

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 5:13PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well gunjo is deffinetly one of the best strongest mangas i ever read but ...it certainly not for every one's tast ....its really dark and mature and tragic and sometimes cringworthy but one thing is for sure its one hell's of experience that will really make wdtfs like nothing ...i personally loved the art style is so unique and amazingly detailed ..as for the lead lady she is very interesting as well and has a fucking strong character . Which made the interaction between her and blonde woman who's in love with her really great but at the same time sad ! weather its the way the their relationship progress under the tragic circumstances of killing someone. and the huge amount of slapping in it XD , or the unrequited love thing which was frustrating as hell ,,i was blown away so fucking real !! .. definitely not recommended for those who want romance and fluffy and etc this one is for strong hearted kkkk
You should really give it anothet try ..what ch did you drop it ?

I dropped it when they appeared in her ex gf house for the first time. From the whole series, I liked the flashbacks of these two together (blonde and her ex, forgot their names) , and knowing that this is about the main straight lady (well I guess not so straight in the future considering the nature of the manga, but still) and the blonde I dropped it.
Cause really, I can't wrap my head around of how she could dumb her gf of 10 years for a woman who didn't give a damn about her, and even kill a person for this. Well there was an understandable explanation but still.
I know love has no logic etc, but I just find the main character quite unlikabble. I can't understand how and why the blonde loved this person so much to completely destroy her life like that. Maybe in the future this is well explained, but I really find it difficult to care about it.
Tragedy doesn't equal deep. It was mostly painful and random events and violence. And a murder.

About the art, there is something that makes me uncomfortable the way they are drawn. And maybe this sounds a bit wrong, but since it is a comic/manga and not a book, I also want the art to be a bit appealing. Cause the artstyle feels like it got out of someone's nightmare or something.

Now WDTFS may be tragic and angsty a lot, but it's the type of angst that will get through, and make me want to read more.
Gunjo on the other hand is the type of angst that just makes me uncomfortable and I don't wanna see more. But this is personal of course.
Also the difference between these two regarding the characters, I'd say is that in WDTFS the characters move the plot, while in Gunjo the plot moves the characters more.

joined Jun 9, 2016

I will read Gunjo one day for sure since some of you seem really into it. I just took a quick glance at Gunjo's art style. Is it about love stories of women in their 50

hahaha lol ...no , gunjo is a story of two 29 years old women ! one of them is straight and ask the les women who's in love with her to kill her husband for her cuz he beat her to death every night and their life on the road when the deed is done ...so yeah dark kkkk but you'll be blown away !! just be strong when you read it ! it really is depressing as fuck

joined Jun 9, 2016

I dropped it when they appeared in her ex gf house for the first time. From the whole series, I liked the flashbacks of these two together (blonde and her ex, forgot their names) , and knowing that this is about the main straight lady (well I guess not so straight in the future considering the nature of the manga, but still) and the blonde I dropped it.
Cause really, I can't wrap my head around of how she could dumb her gf of 10 years for a woman who didn't give a damn about her, and even kill a person for this. Well there was an understandable explanation but still.
I know love has no logic etc, but I just find the main character quite unlikabble. I can't understand how and why the blonde loved this person so much to completely destroy her life like that. Maybe in the future this is well explained, but I really find it difficult to care about it.
Tragedy doesn't equal deep. It was mostly painful and random events and violence. And a murder.

About the art, there is something that makes me uncomfortable the way they are drawn. And maybe this sounds a bit wrong, but since it is a comic/manga and not a book, I also want the art to be a bit appealing. Cause the artstyle feels like it got out of someone's nightmare or something.

oh but you should really keep reading it gets more depressing in the next chapters lol kkkk
no really you stopped to soon! yes it was dump of the blonde to love her so much and never get angry about how she treats her ! but she love her since high school !! and if things where to happen like this i think seju would kill some one for sumin too ! so yeah ! as for me i find the art really unique and very real and that's what makes it intersting, its like these characters acutally exist ! but if you contiue reading you will find that the main charater is very strong cuz of the constant beating of ther father and husband so i doube she will love anyone anymore ! she is fucked up she has no one to save her but the blonde , i find the unrequited love so real and great its goes with the whole concept of the manga ,read ch 5.5 speacial you will get alot of things ! ,but in the story will become so sweet when the lead girl slowly getting used to like the blonde ,,and when they nearly got cought by the police.....Ahhhhh fjodrjoehlfvl idk what to say its depressing as fuck just re read it ,,it really grows on you XD

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 5:44PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

@anon4567

I don't mind depressing stories, in fact I like angst. But when I can connect with the characters.
In Gunjo I can't connect with them at all, so I don't think I would ever like it tbh.

I think there are other ways to show that someone is strong instead of having them beaten up and physically abused. Also if she was this strong she shouldn't have stayed with him to the point of prefering to kill herself instead of living. Or take advantage of the blonde and destroy her life like that too.

But we are getting pretty OOT here, so I'll stop. Point is, I see no similarity with WDTFS and this, just because they both have dark elements (Gunjo more though). Cause the characters in wdtfs are much more likable and relatable imo.

joined Jan 17, 2016

@anon4567

I don't mind depressing stories, in fact I like angst. But when I can connect with the characters.
In Gunjo I can't connect with them at all, so I don't think I would ever like it tbh.

I see your point and i kinda agree with both of you and that anon ...you see you indeed droped the story way to soon to connect with them ..i personally didn't I like it either until chapter 10 or so that when it gets more into their lives and long past . And they're slowly progressed weird relationship .you see why the leading lady was so cruel and you'll also find the reason to stay with her husband so she can get the money she Owens back to the blonde ..its the reason she married the husband the first place ...if you read further you'll see that she still kept the 500 and 50 Nicole that the blonde gave her when they met her at collage ...and i also agree that wdtfs cha is more likable cuz they move the manga but gunjo plot is so heavy and dark it inflict the characters badly ..and if you think its dark and you'r only in chapter 5 wait in see from 10 and above kkkkk

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, since this isn't a Gunjo thread, we've probably covered all that's useful on that topic. I'd suggest anyone still wanting to talk about it either repair to the Gunjo series thread or either of the "off-topic" threads that are ongoing, I'm sure there'll be folks willing to chat there.

joined May 2, 2016

this release after every ten days...the dates being different in korean and English, it's going to mess me up. Every 8th or 9th, was it??? Anyway, can't wait until the next episode. I really want to see both Sungji and Seju be more aggressive about fighting for Sumin. Have to say, Sungji has been to lax about the whole situation, even though she knew what was really going on. I know that Sungji wasn't doing anything out of trust, but now that everything is revealed, hope it gets more competitive.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Nami x Sungji hahahaha XD
I guess my predictions haven´t been wrong so far ;)
Hopefully someone knocks some sense into Seju because I'm starting to dislike her and as many of you said it's kind of low to make her this evil so that everyone dislikes her but I think Sumin has become disgusted at herself and Seju has kind of lost points with her behavior. I think Sumin is losing interest in her and isn't even angry at all only at her herself.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji x Nami. xD

If her knowing that Sumin still loves her makes her this arrogant, she sure is gonna make Sumin fall out of love with her soon.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Seju's smile.. such perfection..gives me life and tinge of pain..hang in there baby..xD

Withoutnameornameless
joined Sep 8, 2016

And... Here's where Seju lost the battle

Sumin didn't blush at all. She simply looked like she did not care, not angry at seju, not loving, no nothing.

Once you feel indifferent to someone then that is when people start healing.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Seju cut her hair, but she's still just like the Seju in the second arc. I expected a twist.

joined Sep 2, 2016

Well, it's quite obvious that Sumin and Sungji will soon make up. Sumin doesn't give a damn about Seju. She just shows a little bit of surprise when she sees Seju with short hair and wants to return everything Seju gave her. All in her mind is about Sungji's feeling. That's a sign of moving on.

About Sungji, she doesn't look really hurt as much as I guess. Her calm expression when she talks to Nami interests me. She acts like a mature woman when she's actually burning inside to know the past of Sumin and Seju.

Regarding Seju, well, she looks damn hot with short hair and that white shirt revealing her chest. So far the sexiest woman in manhwa I have ever read. She acts like a bitch in this chapter but I really love her new appearance and behavior. So confident and arrogant. If Seju can still keep this optimistic look until the last chapter, I don't care what the end game is.

Nami looks kind of cute. Besides Seju, she is the other one that makes me smile when reading this chapter, since Sumin and Sungji are not in good term. I am starting to think NamiXSeju or NamiXSungji is actually not a bad idea.

In short, the previous chapters made me hurt so much seeing 3 main characters suffering. Turning to this latest one, it somehow reduces my interest in wdtfs. By making Seju a bitch, Sumin worrying for Sungji and Sungji wondering what their past was like, the author tends to get Sumin and Sungji closer. That's not fun to me. Hope they can make the plot more twist next time. The ending should not be so easy to predict.

last edited at Sep 8, 2016 11:56AM

joined Jun 9, 2016

damn .... idk what to say ?!! seju baby don't cling to sumin ,,is she really worth your love ?! NO ! for god's sake she treats you like shit ,,,this is so frustrating damn,

And... Here's where Seju lost the battle
Sumin didn't blush at all. She simply looked like she did not care, not angry at seju, not loving, no nothing.
Once you feel indifferent to someone then that is when people start healing.

i feel so sad but i agree with this ,,seju lost the battle the moment sumin ran after sungji in ch 55 ,,,we know the ending already so plz stop breaking our poor team pink heart T_T ... i'm sure the next chapters is all about sumin and sugji make up shit

joined Sep 2, 2016

damn .... idk what to say ?!! seju baby don't cling to sumin ,,is she really worth your love ?! NO ! for god's sake she treats you like shit ,,,this is so frustrating damn

I completely understand your feeling. I think Seju should find someone better. However, her new look and her overly confident behaviour in this chapter really shine my world.

seju lost the battle the moment sumin ran after sungji in ch 55 ,,,we know the ending already so plz stop breaking our poor team pink heart T_T ... i'm sure the next chapters is all about sumin and sugji make up shit

I am losing my interest for this manhwa because of such predictable ending. Seju is the major reason for me to read wdtfs.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I agree with you people. This is last arc and of course we all know what has to happen. For Sumin and Sungji to end up together, Seju has to do something wrong, so the balance finally swifts in favor to them. She is being persuasive the wrong way. Also yandere mode is activated.

But if reading these two arcs taught me something, I belive that even until the very end more things will happen, so this on and off angst will keep on. I think Sumin will still think of Seju at some point again, maybe still questioning her position with Sungji, then Seju will fuck it up more and this pattern will be repeated until the end when Sumin will have finally moved on.
It will be TeamBlonde, but Seju fans will suffer the most in the process. These highs and lows of this manhwa are the strongest elements that give a rush to the readers and keep them hooked. It's a strategy for writers to capture the readers.
Team Gaji knows well what they're doing, but it's a bit sadistic move nonetheless.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

The only thing that I like about this chapter is Nammi. Can I ship Nammi x Sungji? xD

I think Sumin will still think of Seju at some point again, maybe still questioning her position with Sungji, then Seju will fuck it up more and this pattern will be repeated until the end when Sumin will have finally moved on.

Just like a typical K-drama story...Still hoping for some twist or surprise tho.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

i feel so sad but i agree with this ,,seju lost the battle the moment sumin ran after sungji in ch 55

I think there was still a big hope for Seju x Sumin though until the moment they were in the elevator. Seju really didn't need to act that way, nor say all of those craps.

To reply you must either login or sign up.