Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

SF posted:

Why bother having more then one monitor ? Its like having 2 or 3 of the same book.

It's one of those things where you never realized you actually needed it until you try it. Though if all you do is play games, browse the internet, watch movies, and/or listen to music on your computer then it's probably not a big deal. For video editors and developers (or just multitaskers in general) it's extremely useful. I have a triple monitor setup myself and make use of all the space quite often. And going back to a single monitor setup when I'm working on someone else's computer ends up feeling extremely claustrophobic. Though on the other hand with one monitor it's a lot more difficult to lose your cursor, lol.

This is an example of my general layout. Right hand monitor tends to stay exactly as it is there. The left monitor is used for stuff like documentation and references for whatever I'm working on, music, notes, calculator, etc. With my main monitor being my main workspace.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

(っ⌒‿⌒)っ Love you!

aww, love you too :D

It is my pleasure to now pronounce you lovers. You may now kiss one another.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Sorry to disappoint ;)
But it's a 100 % platonic love (^_^) But love nonetheless... ^^

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Anon99 posted:

Sorry to disappoint ;)

I get you, girlfriend cough I mean girl who is my friend. I love you too! I love all you guys! Most of all, I appreciate that you all accept me for who I am: a yuri addict :P.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around ♪♪♪

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ MattoMaindo

Well... can't reject someone for sharing the same hobby, right ;)

Regarding your question:

The first profile pic I used was Super Meat Boy! Simply because I love him ^^
I changed it 2 times but only for a short while and switched back to Meat Boy again.
But then I talked to Blackkitty and referred to myself as a zombie a lot, that's why I changed it to the current one... I modified it bit by bit and added the gay pride/hippie theme with flowers and all ;)
It was supposed to be just temporary but now I've grown accustomed to his cute little zombie face and don't wanna change it anymore...

Oh, and that Jeff Goldblum gif you posted is great! (^_^)b
Don't know who made it but they did a neat job!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

I've never thought what I would do if I were to win the lottery... it's so impossible xD.. probably I would just donate most of it, it's someone's money anyway and it would make me feel uncomfortable.

hehe, but you aren't supposed to get frightened easily.... noo, I just state the obvious facts and what's frightening is my obliviousness.. I'm so gullible sometimes that I could believe everything xD so that's why children are adorable, they are honest even in their egoism.

hmm, ok you are lazy but you wouldn't let yourself die of hunger, right?

you wont change it!! or you will have to deal with angrykitty xD

joined Jun 22, 2016

BEST MUSIC VIDEO EVER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kj2uPyHRiQ

(Don't know how I could forget about this for so long...)

That's what music does to people! (◦’ںˉ◦)

OH!!! Totally forgot... Sorry!
Alvis wanted to know what all the folks that named history as one of their favorite subjects in school liked about it... right?

Well, I can only speak for myself here. But history felt mostly like story time to me ^^
I'm always curious about all kinds of things, so learning about our past was really interesting...

@ Blackkitty

I just wanna leave that door open, you know ;)

You can show me a horror movie and I probably won't get frightened ^^ But the image you paint of me looks a little too realistic sometimes... Makes me go all: (゚Д゚)
That is frightening... and I am egoistic... (☼Д☼)
But you aren't oblivious at all...

Where did the starving part come from...? (@_@)
I am pretty lazy, true, but I can live on my own without starving ^^
I can appreciate an exquisite meal every once in a while but mostly I'm a pretty simple eater.
But I do eat, of course. Not just cake or chocolate... ;)

Okay, will keep the zombie... (for now... ;P)

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 2:27PM

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

@Anon Fatboy Slim had some of the best music videos of the late 90's, along with Jamiroquai. Though I think Nez and I can agree that the king of music videos was David Lee Roth (unless you don't, then I'm sorry that I dragged you into it.)

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 2:44PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

I want proof!

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Your proof
More proof
Ignore this one
Now we're talkin'

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 4:39PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I don't like studying History, but I like talking to friends from neighbouring countries of mine about History. Sometimes, we talked about one exact event, yet what we were taught in schools about it were so different from each other. People who wrote about their history might have made the story a bit bias to make certain people/countries look better.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ MattoMaindo

Not bad... sure... but it still can't beat Christopher Walken dancing around in an empty hotel lobby... ;)

Oh... that reminds me...

@ Everyone

What's the best parody in music form you've ever seen or heard...?
It can be the parody of a music video or just the lyrics... or even just making fun of someone or something with a song....

Stuff like this:
Original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL1GEyK9Y0o

Parody:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-pBJ5bbPE

(His dancing just asked for it!!! ^^)

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 5:07PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Anon

Original : braindead french trap song

Parody : fun AF

Sadly, it's in french so it looks line no one will understand the lyrics.

But : here is a translation of the original song (<- guys, it is not a good way to learn french)
The parody didn't get translated; and I'm too lazy atm to do it. (It's way more easy to translate than the rap I usually share here though).

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 5:16PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

@Anon99
Two words, Bart Baker.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Utoptia

Good one! And reading the translation of the lyrics I can say in all honesty that he deserved it ^^
As if the video wouldn't have been enough already... but the lyrics are even worse... He's got some ego. Gotta give him that...
I just wish I could understand French...

Here's another one everyone will probably know already... but it's still a good one ;)
Original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVe56zv0DaI

Parody:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZeNUq5QhU

(^_-)v

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 5:29PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Anon

Both original videos you linked here are blocked in my country. And that's good, Drake and especially Miley Cirus make crappy songs so.

You're too harsh against Kaaris X_x !

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 5:38PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

OH YEAH ! boy do I have an awesome parody to show all of you guys ;)
Original - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
Parody - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJey74gmkLY
The original is boring AF while the parody is one of the funniest videos I've ever seen on the internet !

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 6:00PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

Wow... he made a lot! ^^
I've watched 4 for now. He's good. Will definitely watch some more (^_^)b
He also did Wrecking Ball ^__^ His version is great as well – but he can't top Ron Jeremys fine body! ;) (Even though Ron showed up in his video again)

@ Utoptia

You could always try google to find the videos... most of the French rap videos you link are blocked here in Germany as well. I just look for other sources.

Well... his great respect for women and his “appropriate” glorification of violence leave me no other choice! ^^

Edit:
@ SF

(Don't know if I should say that now... but I actually always loved that song... (☉__☉”)
Gotye - Somebody that I used to know...It's a really good song!!! ;) )

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 6:11PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Thats fine if you like the song, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :).
I was saying that, that parody is fucking hilarious.

Here's another parody :D

Original - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0
Parody - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVcYM2FVcCk

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 6:18PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

Let's just say that I liked Bart Baker better ;)

I don't know if any of you know of the rant that Christian Bale had on the Terminator Salvation set, But someone made a song with his cursing and I always loved it! Great parody in a totally different context than the other videos so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

(`∇´)ψ

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

oh dear, we've dropped to page 2...let's fix that :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBBcMFVMIn0

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Sorry to disappoint ;)

^^

but I feel CCL's frustration :( do you want me to treat you to some lemon balm tea, I was thinking of making one for myself^^

I missed tea D:

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Alvis A very good friend of mine is currently working on her doctorate in astrophysics - she's always been into physics...but eventually she became disillusioned by the same dry faces.. she is a more energetic one. She is thinking of following her passion after graduation - becoming a yoga instructor, or at least combining both at some point.

Hmm, I don't know if dropping physics is a good idea, but I do support people who follow their heart! How could that be wrong? And you will help people bring more beauty to the world , viola-master-sama^^

chokes up T-thanks I'm so glad you support my vague life choices. I hope your life endeavors go well too ;____;

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Alvis - music theory huh? well that would be a complete 180°. btw, do you/did you play an instrument? if so, what?

@ciego Your profile pic scares me D:
I do indeed play a instrument; I play the viola. It's a well fed violin basically. A little bigger~
Hahah, it is a leap. But, there are a lot of interesting mathematical connections that are be made with music. It might just be easier to get my PhD in Mathematics honestly (since I'm one math class away from a math major) and analyze music theory numerically and possibly get it out of the medieval ages. I mean, there is a branch of physics music related called musical acoustics but all you really do is look at wave propagation and Fourier series and that's...kind of cool I guess?

To reply you must either login or sign up.