Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The thread wouldn't be the same without every single one who posts or lurks around, I just wanted to summon the maids xD

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

The thread wouldn't be the same without every single one who posts or lurks around, I just wanted to summon the maids xD

The Truth has been spoken.
Guys, don't refrain from posting, you're the blood and flesh of this mighty thread ! Lurkers, casual posters, cornerstones, go ahead !

last edited at Aug 31, 2016 6:49PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Galich but I don't like the outfit of a maid... cries

CCL is only one in the world! HE is unique!

Well, I do feel bad about it.. a little..

I see :) I guess we all have challenges ahead of us just to remind us that we are alive! Of course you have support.. ^^

Whoops.. sorry Well, jus ttell us what kind of suit you'd like :P

If it makes you feel any better, I don't like it either >_> The cafe fights, but does not surrender!

Putting things into perspective, I'd say that it's both a blessing and a curse.

Well, CCL is another type of.. CCL. Still, they're unique.

So do I :P Well, we all have to deal with cards we are given at life, no way around that.

Glad to see support!

And yea, agreed! Maids of the world, unite!

Горничные всех стран, соединяйтесь!

last edited at Aug 31, 2016 6:50PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Galich
Nothing frilly or flounced or bright or striped or. ...

Yes, and I think I convinced him to drink a cup of tea with me.. yeey

Well, you do have the mind of a philosopher^^
Hah, you forgot to write it in German, your favorite :P
May the power be with you, fellow maids!

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty Well, looks like we'll have to find you the right costume while Anon's not around.

Yay! All that they'd go with me is a beer, and I don't even drink anymore ;_;

I dunno.. well, everyone is a philosopher.. at the end of the day every single person has similar problems, just packaged a bit differently. It;s just me being too chatty I guess :P

My German is too rusty, either Alvis or Anon could help here.

Go team maids!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Blackkitty so convinced I'm a dude :o

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Speaking of which, Japanese urban legends! Anyone knows any interesting ones?

*I always found the "te ke te ke" to be one of the more disturbing urban legends. "hitori kakurenbo" (hide and seek alone) is also pretty interesting, though I wouldn't dare to try it ^ ^"

On the topic of horror, I just finished watching "The Conjuring 2". Quite surprised at how good it was, compared to the first film which I found boring, I don't think I could nitpick on anything about this sequel; I'd even go watch the spinoff film on the particular antagonist Valak later next year since I am really interested to see what other ppl has this being tormented or will torment in the future. James Wan has signed me up into following another one of his franchises lol, much like Insidious and Sinister - I might consider watching Conjuring 3 if it continues on this track record that 2 has set (of course, the best series is still Insidious because Lin Shaye is amazing)

Also, that odd moment when you see posts directed at someone not there ^ ^"

*: Really, no one wanted to keep this topic going? It's such an interesting topic. I find your lack of interest in horror disturbing

Edit: Just found out that Insidious 4 airs on Oct 20...just a while before/after the usual premiere period of a new season of The Walking Dead. Never once has October been more hyped up.

last edited at Aug 31, 2016 10:17PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49-GQNTHN8w
Random song for everyone (lol)

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 3:56AM

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

Pag may alak, may Valak

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Valak \o/

Really quite an interesting antagonist tbh, even if they had less combined screentime than Venom in Spiderman 3. The fact that their go-to "form" looks like Marilyn Manson in a nun get-up is also a plus.

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 8:41AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
Mentioning Venom in SM3 is always painful, biggest insult to the mighty character Venom is ...
throw punchs at screen

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

SM3 should have been split into 2 or 3 movies. I would have done Peter vs Harry for 3 as the plot and not and anything else. 4 you have a Venom movie and then for 5 you could do (Maximum) Carnage.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Rina
I'm not a fan of horror movies.. but there you go... horror cupcakes for you! ;)

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Looks like there's cupcakes for everyone~

On a side note, god damn it, I swear, I'm never gonna use the post ever. So far my streak has been a broken package of booze worth 100 euros (old news) and a postcard sent to America, which I got back after 2 weeks for "insufficent address" (just got it from my in-box). I swear, I'll never understand those ways of adressing letters to America, and that's coming from someone that sends letters to Luxembourg/Germany every week.

Sorry for the "ranty" nature of this post, but it's so annoying. You pay money to have something delivered and then that money is basically thrown into trash. Ugh. Oh well, Galich's luck in a nutshell.

666th post, so scary~

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 12:37PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Galich - 666 posts...may Valak be with you (not really) ^ - ^
@BlackKitty - The finger one must be "finger-licking good" ^ - ^

Anyways, Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars has finally started airing again!! Not much has changed to the story, it's still as yuri-tastic as it was pre-delay, but they did added just a bit more context to round out the plot a bit and I think the sound quality has been adjusted a little too. Still, really great to see that the yuri aspects of the show were kept.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wtM0hvI4bs

I am actually very hyped for this lol, considering I enjoyed all of the live-action Death Note films. Now if only there wasn't an 11 day delay between the premiere in Japan and here...also, WarnerBros are distributing so a worldwide release wouldn't be unexpected.

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 1:09PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Chocolate

Blackkitty so convinced I'm a dude :o

you said in a post that you are a male from what I assume you would want others to refer to you as such :P if you have something else in mind - just say so ;)

but I don't care whether you are a she/he/they, my most sincere feelings for you will never change xD

@Galich

666 - now you are a secret agent of the devil.. feels scared

oh, I know your pain.. earlier this year I sent a postcard to Ukraine... it took them 1 month to deliver it... >_>
hahh, now I won't send a package of my homemade brandy.. xD

so you are into sending/receiving letters? ^^ I love postcards :) and I collect them yeey

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 1:19PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty Well.. actually, kind of, yes. I do like sending them an awful lot tbh. The adressing, standing in the queue, waiting for a reply... it's old school, but has a really nice charm. I firmly believe that nothing will replace looking at someone's hand writing.. it's really its own thing.

It's kind of amazing to think through how many lands such letters to go through.. how many lakes etc. They probably saw more of this brave world than me >_>

Well, I was the one making Faust references :P Who knows horns appear

Ukraine, huh? Was it a friend, or just a business letter?

On a side note, the cost of sending packages is really off. At least from Poland, the differences of price of sending a 3kg package to the Czech Republic and America is.. 1 euro. Talking about messed up proportions.

Noo, my booze ;_; To be fair, cannot drink at all, doesnt go well with meds ;_;

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich
That's great, Galich! and I agree with you^^ though I prefer expressing myself with less words so postcards are my thing.

yes, the time spent on preparing and posting the letters makes them more personal, and the fact that they are there in front of you in a physical form, sometimes smelling nice, some other time colorfully decorated, is even more amazing^^ and of course there is always this inevitable moment of suspense and surprise. Every letter has its own history.

but it's not like I send many postcards.

hah, where are you Faust .. Galich summons you xD

A dear friend of mine who I haven't seen for 2 years.. after a month's delay she received my letter on her birthday, maybe she got lucky xD

well, these kinds of postal services are expensive^^

I hope Anon is doing ok.. it's not in her style to be absent for long..is it the wind of change again..

do you know about this?
https://www.postcrossing.com/

I've been thinking of joining xD

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 2:48PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich
That's great, Galich! and I agree with you^^ though I prefer expressing myself with less words so postcards are my thing.

yes, the time spent on preparing and posting the letters makes them more personal, and the fact that they are there in front of you in a physical form, sometimes smelling nice, some other time colorfully decorated, is even more amazing^^ and of course there is always this inevitable moment of suspense and surprise. Every letter has its own history.

Exactly! A letter can tell you a lot about a person.. their handwriting, the way it looks, was adressed.. in a weird sense, it tells you more about a person than mere words.

Well, I do tend to send cards, but it's not very often :P I guess I just do when I feel like it, maybe when a nice card catches my eye.

Well, really unfortunate about the delay ;_;
There are upsides and downsides, I suppose it's a part of the charm.

Yea, so I think, but the distance between Czechia and USA from Poland.. are different.

Let's hope not, we're all missing her here. Come to us Anon!

Didn't see that, looks really cool actually >_> Might try it out, seems really neat.

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 4:10PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Galich
your post has been changed?! xD

^^I don't know if someone would be happy to read a postcard/letter of mine xD my handwriting is quite illigible O.o even I sometimes have difficulties reading through my writingsx D but I'm doing my best at changing it!

Hah, now you sound like a psychologist xD but you are right.

Yes, it sounds nice.. so probably I will give it a chance.. let's see first whether the username blackkitty is free xD

Anon, we miss you!! cries

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty Looks like I fail at being sneaky ;_: fails into despair

What can I say, even Galich the post spammer can be shy at times v:

My handwriting is godawful as well, was so bad that one of my exams told me that had to use magnifying glass to read the answers...

It's actually much better in cyrilics (for anyone not knowing, we in Poland use Latin alphabet).

I remember futile attempts of my many teachers to improve it.. failed miserably, and now that I dont go to school anymore it gets worse and worse.. only thing I like about it is my signature, and you'd be never able to know my name from reading it.. well, it looks fancy at the very least.

There's always BulgarianKitty.. or many other variations.. Still, if you're gonna use it, tell me or sth, I'd have no problem with getting a letter from our Bulgarian maid!

Pretty sure if Utoptia was here, he'd write something like "Galich page opening again".

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 7:37PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

What is everyone's top 3 favorite dishes? I need meal ideas for the week .

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Hawaiian Pizza, Katsu-doom (Katsu-don) The Devil is a Part-timer reference, Aglio e olio

So, the yuri dynamic between Junko and Mikan (the characters in my avatar) in Danganronpa Despair:side wasn't quite what I was expecting...but I absolutely loved it. I mean, yes it's bordering on hardcore S/M territory, but DR has never really been a light-hearted series. The dynamics shown between Junko and Mikan in this ep actually fits a lot into what has been established in the story, and I'm pretty sure Junko is using a carrot-and-stick method to both appeal to Mikan's M side + making her think that she is being loved. It's deliciously wrong but still so appealing at the same time.

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 12:50AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

|・ω・`)
…..............
…........................
…...................................
…............................................( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
…...............
…........................
…......................................
(・_・ )...............................................

................ ٩(^ᴗ^)۶

C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= ┌(;・ω・)┘

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 9:44AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich
no worries, I'm shy and not of the most sociable people!

my handwriting is awful in any writing system xD no one of my teachers has ever tried to fix that..

oh, Blackkitty has already been taken.. >_>... so I signed up as Blackkitty11 xD
yes, I will give a try to the idea of sending postcards to complete strangers^^ though I'm a bit shy about it. the system randomly chooses the recipients of your postcards. hah, you still have higher chances of receiving a postcard from me than winning the lottery xD

...but Utoptia is missing as well xD

Alvis
i love eating many things <3

some of them are:
omelette
lasagna
sushi
not very helpful xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.