Forum › Matching Umbrellas discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Ever since way back when... when what?

Exaflare Bahamut
joined Dec 13, 2015

When she was called Merry (just a guess)

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Ever since way back when... when what?

Due to their similar character designs, there is a popular theory that Maribel is a younger, pre-youkai Yukari.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 8:18AM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

My gawd, Yukari is totally gorgeous in the bottom left panel!!! @.@

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I don't know Merry but I think Yukari is YuugenMagan from hrtp

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Aw, cute but a bit melancholic. This follows the "Yukari is Maribel and Reimu is Renko's reincarnation" theory, so it makes sense for Yukari to ship their earlier selves.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

I actually believed that theory

joined Dec 13, 2013

I just love to read abt the OTP, PLEASE MOAR YUKAREI!!11

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

That was a bad deed and a good deed at the same time.

I always love new RenkoMeri stuff. Thank you!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aw, cute but a bit melancholic. This follows the "Yukari is Maribel and Reimu is Renko's reincarnation" theory, so it makes sense for Yukari to ship their earlier selves.

Personally, I like more the "Yukari is the daughter of Maribel and Renko" Theory

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Personally, I like more the "Yukari is the daughter of Maribel and Renko" Theory

Ooh, both theories I like! I will ship this, I will ship this feverishly.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

There's something very poetic about the idea of Maribel falling in love with Renko, becoming Yukari, founding Gensokyo, and then finding new happiness with Reimu. It's like she was inspired to believe in dreams and fantasy by Renko, created a world where they could thrive, and came to cherish the girl who'd defend the paradise they once strove to reach.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Well, there's more support to the former though. With Maribel's last name being Hearn which is likely to be based off of Lafcadio, who changed his name to Yakumo Koizumi once he got his Japanese citizenship, and Rinnosuke suspecting that "Yakumo Yukari" is not Yukari's actual name. Also with certain aspects of Merry seeming to be based off of him (Lafcadio) and all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.