Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon ahh, ok then xD that would scare me too... people are funny in general... when I meet someone from my apartment building let's say in the elevator, I usually greet them even if I only know their face, and they give me a strange look sometimes xD

@Galich I'm glad you are alright with all your history of accidents... you do read a lot! hah, you are lucky to use such nice trains... in my country trains usually break down somewhere in the meddle and people get late to their destinations...
so, you say "little Galich" all the time xD and I can't help imagining 2m-tall massive man with glasses bent over a tiny book xD

@Rina you are honest and with good intentions, so they should get through to her :) if not, well, it wasn't meant to be^^ and if I'm not mistaken the term is not a crush but squish?

@Alvis no :( I have no special abilities, probably just the ability to feed on others' special abilities xD so yes, I can't produce anything, and yet I can't live without something beautiful to make my day... and I learnt just to gratfully respect creators, I guess^^

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Rina Pretty much what Alvis said. Just put yourself in that person's shoes.

@Alvis I remember being forced into playing flute at my primary school >.> It didn't end well.. Really neat to hear that someone knows how to play using any musical instrument, it's black magic to me..

@Anon99 Well, I've let reason prevail over violence and spared the books. Next time I'll take a tablet, even tho. I'm a fanatic of paperback. Being a textbook example of a choleric doesn't help.

As far as medicine is concerned, it might be a bit surprising, but I dislike modern science. I dunno, I'm just feeling like the current ethics are yet to catch up with the progress we're making.. not that I mind new medical technology, but as a person not in the field of modern medicine/ethics I don't feel like I should pass a judgement on those things.

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 4:56PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty You'd be surprised to see how closely you are :P Well, remove a few cm and add a bit of facial hair.. many people tell me that I either look comical, like a hipster, or both. What can I say, I like my scarfs V:

Yup, I tend to call my younger version small Galich. This one's much more cautious and cynical, but it doesn't help all that much.. Also, my music interests have improved an awful lot since then, so I guess it's not all bad^^

We used to have those horrible Soviet era trains a few years ago, just like yours they used to break all the time. Heck, since you're Bulgarian I imagine those being the same trains.. well, we've changed most of our trains to much neater western variants with wi-fi and all that cool stuff.

Used to have those crappy trains back in the day:
http://my3miasto.pl/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/pociag_pkp.jpg

Well, I really hope that I'll be able to keep up this lucky streak^^

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just watched the Suicide Squad trailers for the first time. So that looks pretty cool.

Little scared about the PG 13 though. Really looks like a movie that would benefit from an R rating.

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 10:39PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Anon99

Ahah, the instruments are so shitty. They're not even flutes, they're recorders. But the arts is always underfunded so >__>
I remember in my German classes we always wanted to play the glockenspiel because it has a funny sounding name, same with Schlagzeug. The names are just so literal it cracks me up.

@Blackkitty The world needs people like you! Artists are nothing without the support and interest of others. :D

@Rina Sure, keep us posted. I'm sure she'll be thrilled

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I just want to pause for a while and cry for Kickass' untimely seige. Thank you for all the books, you saved me for acads. You will resurrect again. I hope soon though. You are thoroughly missed.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Now that is truly unfortunate :< salute to another fallen comrade

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

he he ^^
I've experienced the same thing! Where I live it's pretty common to greet each other, when your eyes meet or when there's no one else around, just you and another person, then you usually greet as well. But I've lived in a different city for a while. And things there didn't work that way ^^
Every time I greeted someone who didn't know me they'd either look at me strangely or ask if we'd met before. ^^“
My best friend always told me that I should finally stop greeting strangers (^_^)... I didn't ;P
Even employees in some shops were like that. I passed their shop and greeted them and they just stared... I mean, what's up with that...? At least as a person working in the service industry, a little greeting wouldn't hurt, right?
Even some neighbors were like that. There was one guy who never greeted back but I just stubbornly greeted him every time I saw him. After two years, he finally greeted me back. (^_^)b
He even wanted to help me when I moved. Sometimes you just have to hang in there, I guess ^^

@ Galich

Good to hear that! One should treat ones books with respect! (^_-)v
I also prefer real books, not the online versions.
(Manga are the exception – just because it's easier and cheaper)

I dislike the modern „moral“ in industry but not modern science.

@ OriginalGengar

That rating is just for the US. They don't mind violence as much as the Europeans do.

@ Alvis

I never understood why the English folks didn't call drums „beat stuff“ because that's what you do, right? You beat the crap out of that stuff ;P
Luckily not all of the German terms are that simple minded.... ^^

@ Rina

Fate is out for some torture, it seems... (^_^“)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I know but thaqt doesn't really change anything. They're a bunch of psycho killers. They shouldn't really behave like they're in a PG 13 movie.

I still think the movie is gonna turn out really well, looks like the most interesting superhero movie other than Deadpool. Just feels like it could have been a little better, especially after Deadpool showed that Rated R movies can make money.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a pity that Harley Quinn keeps getting dragged further and further away from Paul Dini's original creation. There's little of the innocence the character had left, she seems largely reduced to "show a lot of skin and hurt things". I don't have a lot of trust for this director handling her well, given some of his comments about her and other aspects of the film. He seems about as in touch with the characters as the dude who did Batman vs Superman.

joined Jun 22, 2016

I absolutely love that concert!!!! (^__^)/
So many great artists on one stage! Perfect! ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MovrWG6RHk&list=PL4AxiA2dfdCDSDUOXqIfD3Y36PoqocQ0a

One of the songs used in one of the many Suicide Squad Trailers just reminded me of that ;)

Let's see how that movie will turn out...
I've already given up on being too enthusiastic about anything because it mostly just leaves you disappointed...
The only thing that really bothers me at the moment is that I have to endure the German dub when I go to the movies... Meh...

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Nezchan, That is exactly why I don't care about Suicide Squad one bit and adds another reason for me to want the DCU the implode on itself.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich hah, do you have a beard? it would fit the image of the wise man with the many books ^^ you are wrong, being cynical is your charm xD
yes, some of the trains are still of those Soviet ****.....
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BDJ1RX/passengers-disembark-from-a-train-at-a-small-rural-station-in-central-BDJ1RX.jpg
when I have to travel a long distance I always need to be on time, so I usually take the bus...
hah, you can't be unlucky forever xD

@Alvis hhm, it's always nice to be needed... even in that context xD ^^ I do like listening to instrumental music, somehow I manage to "synchronise" myself better with it.

@Anon haha, exactly! the same about the people in the service industry... and I thought it's my fault for being weird xD but I'm not that much obstinate as you are, maybe because I'm shier than you xD greeting people is a sign of good manners!

joined Jun 22, 2016

You're not weird! THEY are! ^^
They weren't raised the right way ;)

The older you get, the less shy you become (^_^)b
Believe me ;)

If you like instrumental music and also happen to like the guitar (and drums) you might like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FTZRGrIB3Q
Old dudes in Hawaiian shirts rocking the guitar!!!! YAY!!!!
The Ventures! Gotta love 'em...

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

I leave for a week and now there's a ton of post.

@Alvis My schools' recorders were terrible. I never wanted to learn off them. The teacher said that she cleaned them, but no amount of cleaning would allow me to over look the fact that the kids chewed and slobbered all over them. That and she stored them in a questionable tub in a cockroach infested school. Gag... I think I actually used them once because she made me. Then we lost our music and art programs and said screw science.

If anyone ever asks me if I can play any instrument, I usually jokingly reply that I can play a mean slide whistle. :P Man, they are annoying. XD

@Anon Let us know what you think about Steins;Gate. It's one of my personal favorites.

Other note: So do you guys know about and/or do mudding? (AKA mud pitting/bogging)? Personally I don't do it as I don't want to wash my car, ruin my limited and precious clothing, or let my car stuck. Also apparently you don't even need a car, people will just trek threw it and play around in it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

The older you get, the less shy you become (^_^)b
Believe me ;)

wish that were 100% true, but not always the case. if anything, you may not become more fearless, but you do learn to not give a shit as much.

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 10:37AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon maybe you are right^^
hah, yes, I used to be farr worse than the current myself... it took me some time xD but since I'm in mid twenties I accept the reality that I will never be completely cured of my shyness, probably xD
Thanks! :) I do like it, I enjoy the solo parts in songs^^ They sound good, though I don't care about the shirts xD

@Rina yeey, it's a happy ending :) I knew it! You worry too much!

Playing in the mud looks like fun^^

p.s. wow, now I'm on top xD

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 4:03AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

hah, yes, I used to be farr worse than the current myself... it took me some time xD but since I'm in mid twenties I accept the reality that I will never be completely cured of my shyness, probably xD

Being shy is better anyway \o/

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ That is true \o/

Anyways, anyone ever had moments when you just stopped caring about trying to improve on stuff? Not a relationship problem or anything but I just realized that I kinda stopped caring about wanting a project report or something to be perfect lately, since the last time I tried to improve on something I was apparently being too pushy :/

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 12:06PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Z. Long Funnily enough, I believe that I've recommended S;G to Anon before in this thread. Can relate to the fact that it's great.

@Anon99 Yup, paperback all the way. Then again, when you're travelling carrying a library doesn't seem as attractive as good ol' tablet.

@Blackkitty Yup, it's not Rasputin's lenght tho. Dunno about the "charm" part, many people tell me that it tends to get annoying after a while.

I don't like buses since they tend not to have openable windows and little to no air inside of them. They're much more consistent in the time department, and you have less people to disturb you tho. Cannot say the same about city buses tho.: trams in my city are pretty much always on time, cannot say the same about our buses. Guess that living in a rather crowded city isn't all sunshine and roses.

@Rina Well, I came to a conclusion that if you want to have a project done well, you need to lie to your colleagues about the deadline, as well as take the most stuff for yourself. Maybe I sound like a frustrated project manager, but people can't be trusted imo, especially with the timing.

I remember being shy a few years ago, but after a few years I got fed up with it. Took a while to get used to being much more active, but it really pays off. It's not that it's always a good thing, just a personal preference.

Coming back to the age topic form a few pages ago, old age terrifies me. If I see that I'm a burden to my family due to an old age, I'll euthanize myself. I do like to think it's not a "young adult" thing, but a firm belief in ethics.

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 5:57PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Galich I was shy until, well, I still am. lol

Just had to deal with talking to more strangers to take care of business while working my college admissions and administrative stuff but when I started working I had to make and take more phone calls. That forced me to get my confidence up.

Though I won't go up to a random person and say "hi. Unless it relates to work. V:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ZuljinRaynor Well, one of the things that have made me less shy was conversating with foreigners on Steam. Went from speaking to other Europeans with poor English to not having all that many problems keeping up with Americans. Don't have all that many problems starting conversations now, even tho they might be awkward at times. I remember adding this one American a few weeks ago and writing to her only after two days have passed. I'm surprised that she's not removed me yet.

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 6:23PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Why can't we give love one more chance?

QUESTION!

What's better than David Bowie live on stage...?

Answer:
David Bowie together with Annie Lennox and the rest of Queen backing them up live on stage!

In case you didn't watch the concert I posted – you absolutely HAVE TO listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwdORJVw3-o

They are so addictive! Pure ecstasy!!!!
I adore them so much!!!! Wish I could have been there!(* ^ ∇ ^ *)

(In case the other link isn't working for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildVYgYWPqc)

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Well, it's Dave Bowie. I still consider his earlier albums to be masterpieces.

Anyone's listened to Black Star? Heard mixed reviews from friends, yet to check it out.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

David Bowie is one of my favorites. I love the song Heroes so much (I like the single version).

I haven't listened to Black Star besides a few of the music videos.

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars has so many songs I love. Moonage Daydream and Starman swoon

To reply you must either login or sign up.