Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I thought it wasn't possible steven universe has gotten even gayer

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 2:21AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

risingstar3110 posted:

The newest chapter of Tenkuu Shinpan just got 900% gayer....

I means it 's not like it was not already super gay before. It was just that: finally it's confirmed that Yuri x Nise are mutual after all. Because if "I feel like we are connected to each other. I love her, my angel" is not a confession of love. Then I don't know what else is

Sounds like typical admiration for japanese at least.

Are you a sadist by any chance? D:

Stop going out of the way to crush my OTP!!

Sorry, just had to xP

K2
joined May 22, 2014

I watching a one of my daily soaps yesterday , General Hospital, they introduced their first ever lesbian love scene and it was pretty great to watch lol

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I thought it wasn't possible steven universe has gotten even gayer

I'm just glad Pearl seems to be moving on, or starting to anyway.
Now if only she could just be a little less Salty......

joined Mar 25, 2013

I finally got round to reading Tenkuu Shinpan and in my professional opinion as a doctor of yuri, they are pretty gay for eachother.

I wouldn't make such concrete statements, cause at the end, it may be revealed one or both of them have had fianceé's since the start and they just forgot to mention it and then they get married and have 10 kids each.

I'm joking. Mostly.

Also, brother complex tag?

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 8:22PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I finally got round to reading Tenkuu Shinpan and in my professional opinion as a doctor of yuri, they are pretty gay for eachother.

I wouldn't make such concrete statements, cause at the end, it may be revealed one or both of them have had fianceé's since the start and they just forgot to mention it and then they get married and have 10 kids each.

I'm joking. Mostly.

Also, brother complex tag?

She yaps about oniisan frequently, but it doesn't have the "i love him and I want to have his babies" feeling.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I'm just glad Pearl seems to be moving on, or starting to anyway.
Now if only she could just be a little less Salty......

she's getting better.....I Guess

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To listen to people talk about Stephen Universe, the primary ongoing plot of the series is Pearl's long personal journey from holding a torch for a straight woman who would never be hers, through various stages towards finally acceptance and moving on with her life. Everything else is a side plot.

But then, I'm just going from the bits of conversation about the series I hear.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

To listen to people talk about Stephen Universe, the primary ongoing plot of the series is Pearl's long personal journey from holding a torch for a straight woman who would never be hers, through various stages towards finally acceptance and moving on with her life. Everything else is a side plot.

But then, I'm just going from the bits of conversation about the series I hear.

No it's just that Pearl is by far the most interesting character in the show, she is very clearly shown to grapel with depression and years of pent up anger but toughs through it for steven partially because she has become a surrogate mother of sorts (at the very least from steven's dreams we know he feels that way about her) to steven and partially because it's what Rose Quartz would have wanted but since stevens birth essentially killed Rose Pearl's feelings are.......complicated towards the kid.

That's not to say the other characters are uninteresting, just that pearl stands out.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, Pearl also seems to be the only one with one long character arc that runs throughout the whole show.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Actually there are a few ones, Amethyst's self worth is worryingly low at the start of the series, Garnet tries way too hard to hide her emotions so she can act the leader, Lapis is basically a story about overcoming PTSD, Steven's arc is all about growing up and learning to control his powers, Connie's is about becoming independent from her parents and learning to come out of her shell while she grows up with steven, etc.

I just dont talk about the other ones here because this is a yuri site (also a yuri thread) so Pearl's story is the most relevant
Though I suppose Garnet's is also somewhat relevant when her character becomes more open.

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 9:08AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

As your imaginary internet doctor I'm prescribing you some yuri goggles, I want you to wear them before reading manga or watching anime

I'm more realistic (cynical) in regards to yuri because I prefer non-subtext stuff, so when people talk about stuff that is only hinting, I like to 'warn' them. Then again, someone would say that I'm just an asshole, but whatever. Point is, never get your hopes so high that you wreck your pc/tablet/phone when you get disappointed, because you will be missed D: For a few days at least.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

As your imaginary internet doctor I'm prescribing you some yuri goggles, I want you to wear them before reading manga or watching anime

I'm more realistic (cynical) in regards to yuri because I prefer non-subtext stuff, so when people talk about stuff that is only hinting, I like to 'warn' them. Then again, someone would say that I'm just an asshole, but whatever. Point is, never get your hopes so high that you wreck your pc/tablet/phone when you get disappointed, because you will be missed D: For a few days at least.

I have to disagree with your warning approach. Mainly because I believe there is the difference between the slightly more mainstream shounen~ish approach to the story (the main character only get the girl right before/ after the final struggle of the series). Comparing to the more shoujo~ish where the couple would be a bit more established earlier.

So it's hard to demand a shounen~ish manga like Tenkuu Shinpan to have a confirmed relationship, while for most of the genre itself (e.g. Naruto, Bleach, FMA, etc), the guy won't get the girl until very end anyway. I means by our standard 99.9% of romance in shounen is subtext

Hence couldn't we give the series the benefit-of-the-doubt when the author basically just keep ramming all of the Yuri x Nise monologue: "my life is for her" or "I love her, she is my angel", or with the latest "I willreturn to the real world with everyone" under an image of only Yuri and Nise holding hand? Yeah all of those lewd hand holding, I knows!! But there are couples in shounen were confirmed for less

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 2:37PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

The thing is though, the shounen-ish mangas do 'relationships' like Yuri x Nise as fanservice almost every time and at the end, one or two of the girls get together with the/a guy, and if there is gonna be definitive yuri, almost always, there's a very aggressive girl that is pursuing one of the girls, but even then, it's just for the sake of it.

So, you have your opinion and I have my opinion ;)

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

The thing is though, the shounen-ish mangas do 'relationships' like Yuri x Nise as fanservice almost every time and at the end, one or two of the girls get together with the/a guy, and if there is gonna be definitive yuri, almost always, there's a very aggressive girl that is pursuing one of the girls, but even then, it's just for the sake of it.

So, you have your opinion and I have my opinion ;)

You want to up your game, eh? Then I will raise a recommendation request over which shounenish manga has a pair of totally gay love birds as main protagonists, and is not part of a love triangle to pull Bury Your Gay over us.

Muhaha, now you have to either admit defeat, or slave yourself out searching new manga for me to read!!

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 10:18PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Loveless is sorta famous for it's lesbian couple around chapter 8 I think. There's no bury you gays, and neither of them chases after the boy.

It's BL though...

joined Mar 25, 2013

You want to up your game, eh? Then I will raise a recommendation request over which shounenish manga has a pair of totally gay love birds as main protagonists, and is not part of a love triangle to pull Bury Your Gay over us.

Muhaha, now you have to either admit defeat, or slave yourself out searching new manga for me to read!!

Have fun waiting (: Also, there's absolutely no reason for me to search through the shounen-ish manga to prove something to you. That falls on you :P

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Have fun waiting (: Also, there's absolutely no reason for me to search through the shounen-ish manga to prove something to you. That falls on you :P

Aww...so mean.

I have no choice but keep fangirling over Yuri x Nise then

joined Mar 25, 2013

I have no choice but keep fangirling over Yuri x Nise then

Sure, have fun. I never said not to, just to not get too attached ;)

By the by, 'The Handmaiden' or 'Ah-ga-ssi' has been out for a while and it seems it's been in various cinemas and not only Korean ones. Cause it's a Korean adaptation of 'Fingersmith'. It looks like there's some torture towards the end, according to some reviews. But it's been pretty well received otherwise

Edit: Nevermind about it being released, it's been circulating the Movie Festivals.

last edited at Jul 24, 2016 1:09PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm kind of excited for The Handmaiden but at the same time I'm afraid of exactly stuff like that. Hope they stick to the original when it comes to the ending.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Wentworth: NOT SAFE NOT SAFE NOT SAFE

WHAT. THE. ABSOLUTE. BEA WAS SUPPOSED TO FUCKING HAVE PLOT ARMOR.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So the Wentworth season finale happened. I'm like, genuinly speechless.

Edit: OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT BUT I AM LIKE SUPER FUCKING CONFUSED AND JUST KINDA STARED AT MY COMPUTER SCREEN FOR THE LAST LIKE 15 MINUTES.

Wentworth broke me.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 5:40PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You people NEED to go download Miss Bird and Miss Cat right now. You'll thank me, I'm serious here.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I'm just...I think I'm in shock. Wtf is this Romeo and Juliet. Wentworth has seriously ruined me too I swear to god.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'm just...I think I'm in shock. Wtf is this Romeo and Juliet. Wentworth has seriously ruined me too I swear to god.

Soooo I'm guessing Bea (the lead?) is also dead? That's kinda interesting and funny. Not for you guys obviously.

To reply you must either login or sign up.