Forum › Her Pet by Pito (lezhin)

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ahhhh this cuteness after that desert of boring angst is a balm on my soul.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

majere posted:

Ahhhh this cuteness after that desert of boring angst is a bal

I'm more creeped out by this than by Yurim's bullying. It's not because Soha doesn't hurt her physically that it doesn't hurt her. It"s just more insidious.

You don't fall in love with your dog. The more she does this, the less Soha sees her as a person. It's a prison. A dead end she allows Soha to corner her into.

last edited at Jul 9, 2016 2:50AM

joined Oct 12, 2013

majere posted:

I'm more creeped out by this than by Yurim's bullying. It's not because Soha doesn't hurt her physically that it doesn't hurt her. It"s just more insidious.

You don't fall in love with your dog. The more she does this, the less Soha sees her as a person. It's a prison. A dead end she allows Soha to corner her into.

I came for the petplay, but watching the juxtaposition between Gayoon and Soha's, and Sol and Soo's relationship in recent chapters is almost as painful as watching Gayoon notice the difference. anyone else looked at the raws?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

majere posted:

You know whats worse than being seen as a dog by someone who loves their dog? Being seen as a toy by someone who likes to break their toys.

joined Oct 10, 2015

majere posted:

I came for the petplay, but watching the juxtaposition between Gayoon and Soha's, and Sol and Soo's relationship in recent chapters is almost as painful as watching Gayoon notice the difference. anyone else looked at the raws?

Where can I find the raws?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wow Sol is thicker than the armor plating on an Imperial grand cruiser.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

rages that it's back on Sol (╯◡‿◡)╯︵ ┻━┻
and jfc wtf this was suddenly pretty dramatic, especially coming from Gayoon.
Perhaps it needed to come from Gayoon, for her own good as well >_>

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

rages that it's back on Sol (╯◡‿◡)╯︵ ┻━┻
and jfc wtf this was suddenly pretty dramatic, especially coming from Gayoon.
Perhaps it needed to come from Gayoon, for her own good as well >_>

Yeah Sol is the least interesting character here by a wide margin because her character is basically "denser than a neutron star and inordinately popular." Like you should not need to have "Don't go on a date with someone else when you have a girlfriend" explained to you.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Pito, my man, why you gotta be dragging out Soha and Gayoon's story? He teases us with scenes of their pet play and hints at the deeper consequences of their current relationship, and then it just jumps to this random Sol moment. The pacing is starting to be a bit awkward now. It's beginning to be A LOT of filler :(

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

Pito, my man, why you gotta be dragging out Soha and Gayoon's story? He teases us with scenes of their pet play and hints at the deeper consequences of their current relationship, and then it just jumps to this random Sol moment. The pacing is starting to be a bit awkward now. It's beginning to be A LOT of filler :(

Once i finished reading My Joy I realized Pito is neither mine, nor your friend. I don't think he minds if he angers one reader or another xD

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Sol is a terrible girlfriend and also just kind of a giant idiot in general. Like there is nothing about going to a movie with someone who has an obvious crush on you that isn't blatantly leading them on especially when you say literally nothing to the effect of "This is not a date."

joined Sep 21, 2014

Chapter 41: I'm not leading her on!
Chapter 42: Yes you are

But well, Sol is just being herself. She IS oblivious, she just doesn't see it. That's just how she is, friendly, not seeing past people's smiles and intentions. I can't hold it against her, idk, it's not like she's doing it on purpose :<

Mkay, I'm sorta speaking of personal experience. When someone has a problem with you, but you don't notice what you did, and suddenly, later, they lash out at you for not noticing and are upset because they didn't want to tell you about it and were "waiting for you to notice all by yourself", well, I think it's kinda unfair.

Sol just DOESN'T notice. I'm sure it's inconvenient and causes trouble, but I'm not sure how she can be held at fault so harshly like that. You can say (like a friend told me once, concerning myself) that it IS her fault. She didn't notice, and shit started. It's her fault. I guess. But idk, how can you really help not noticing?
Sol is just a fictional character, with an exaggerated "oblivious to everything" trope, but realistically, I myself, can't understand how I could hold it against her.
It's not something about her that upsets other, it's an absence of it. idk, it makes me feel conflicted :<

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh man...*prepares myself for another 10 chapters of Soo/Sol sidestory*

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's not something about her that upsets other, it's an absence of it. idk, it makes me feel conflicted :<

Yeah, it's an absence of empathy which is a significant shortcoming.

joined Sep 21, 2014

No wtf, being unable to read in between the lines isnt a lack of empathy

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

this is not funny nor cute this entire manga is depressing ...

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You don't need to read in between the lines to see how going to the movies with someone who has literally told you they have a giant crush on you without in any way making it clear that nothing can happen between you is obviously leading them on. You just have to read what's right there on the lines. This is fundamental social etiquette it's not even a complicated situation Sol just has the emotional intelligence of a brick.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

You don't need to read in between the lines to see how going to the movies with someone who has literally told you they have a giant crush on you without in any way making it clear that nothing can happen between you is obviously leading them on. You just have to read what's right there on the lines. This is fundamental social etiquette it's not even a complicated situation Sol just has the emotional intelligence of a brick.

I don't think Sol lacks empathy. I think she lacks social awareness. She didn't understand the situation she was in and just created. You can't empathize if you don't understand. Yes it is fundamental social etiquette, but social etiquette is learned. She's 15 and just started high school. A lot of people were socially awkward then. She's new to this romantic relationship thing and was never interested in others' relationship problems so she wouldn't have ever seen a similar situation to learn from.

I don't think she's socially stunted so she'll probably end up learning from this situation and gain more social awareness. It's just the natural process of growing up and maturing.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't think Sol lacks empathy. I think she lacks social awareness. She didn't understand the situation she was in and just created.

Lacking an understanding of other people's feelings is by definition a lack of empathy.

joined Oct 3, 2014

I don't think Sol lacks empathy. I think she lacks social awareness. She didn't understand the situation she was in and just created.

Lacking an understanding of other people's feelings is by definition a lack of empathy.

I think Sol is perfectly capable of affective empathy. After all, she was moved by Soo's confession and understanding of Gayoon's devotion to Soha. Her inability to recognize boundaries and unspoken rules when it comes to romantic entanglements may be sign of lack of cognitive empathy, but even then it's only in that one area. She has a lot of time to learn and improve on it of course.

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 7:22PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

sol already made it clear tht she wasnt interested when she rejected her. its not her fault the girl is getting her hopes up regardless.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is reaching A Kiss and a White Lily levels of faffing about with side characters I don't really care about.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Argggh just talk it out and try to reach a middle ground and if you aren't happy with the middle ground, do what the friends say and just break up! Never thought I'd agree with the background friends' advice. Not a good fit for each other? Then just break up.

I think it's why Soo and Sol's storyline is so boring to me. It's so....typical. Their problems can usually be solved with simple communication since Sol is such a nice and understanding person (even if she is a bit thick-headed). It just feels like a lot of unnecessary drama. I'm usually all for relatable stories, but I'm not looking for that in Her Pet.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Argggh just talk it out and try to reach a middle ground and if you aren't happy with the middle ground, do what the friends say and just break up! Never thought I'd agree with the background friends' advice. Not a good fit for each other? Then just break up.

I think it's why Soo and Sol's storyline is so boring to me. It's so....typical. Their problems can usually be solved with simple communication since Sol is such a nice and understanding person (even if she is a bit thick-headed). It just feels like a lot of unnecessary drama. I'm usually all for relatable stories, but I'm not looking for that in Her Pet.

It's not even relatable it's more like something out of a particularly uncreative romcom. It's a dumb problem with a painfully obvious solution that's going to get dragged on long past the bounds of reason aka any period of time at all because it should have been resolved pretty much instantly if anyone involved had the good sense god gave a goose.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Sol you are a moron.

To reply you must either login or sign up.