Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

You know it's the truth lol. Thanks :) How ya been, Newp?

Just been going out n keeping myself busy to get my mind off of stuff.
My best friend also recently got Tinder.. along with something called 'okcupid'.. and has been going out on dates with a lot of weird people.. so Im busy trying to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid = = lol.

Newp
Just make sure your friend doesn't end up in a police station like mine did lol. Seriously, I'm so glad my friend ditched Tinder and settled down.

How is everyone doing?

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

Wow Azai! It has been ages! Glad to see you finally made your appearance again after disappeared on us for so long. Hopefully things have been going well with you and your study.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Wow Azai! It has been ages! Glad to see you finally made your appearance again after disappeared on us for so long. Hopefully things have been going well with you and your study.

Hey mvl. How are you?
I'm enjoying a short break. But I get bored easily and I keep looking for things to keep me busy. I'm not used to have this much of free time xD

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

Im having a really good day!! i got to hang out with some of my favorite people in the world last night, and I didnt realize how much I missed them and Ive pretty much been cheesing all day cause everything is love. Anyway this thread is quiet and i just wanted to come splash some love on its walls xD

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Oh hey Azai its good to see u around here it sounds like you've been really busy, hope its the good kind Xd

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 1:05PM

joined Jan 13, 2016

Hey mvl. How are you?
I'm enjoying a short break. But I get bored easily and I keep looking for things to keep me busy. I'm not used to have this much of free time xD

I'm still doing the same here. Nothing new or exciting happened since your absence.
How about come kidnap me to have fun with you? I won't press charge against you lol...
Dude better enjoy your free time as you can. If you are too bored come visit Minnesota or the thread.

joined Jan 13, 2016

Im having a really good day!! i got to hang out with some of my favorite people in the world last night, and I didnt realize how much I missed them and Ive pretty much been cheesing all day cause everything is love. Anyway this thread is quiet and i just wanted to come splash some love on its walls xD

Hey elthundercat!
How is the weather in Washington today?
Glad to hear about your day. It's nice to be able to enjoy life with people you love or care about.

Yes, this thread is dying. It needs some love. Do come and spread love all over.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Yes, this thread is dying. It needs some love. Do come and spread love all over.

I think everyone's just been really busy lately, tis the curse of summer. I've been busy waking up super late, trying to do some daily cardio, and streaming video games at night followed by going to bed at an ungodly hour >__>

joined Jan 4, 2016

Hey elthundercat!
Glad to hear about your day. It's nice to be able to enjoy life with people you love or care about.

It's been raining on and off since this afternoon so it's help with the insane heat.

joined Jan 13, 2016

Hey elthundercat!

It's been raining on and off since this afternoon so it's help with the insane heat.

Here has been so hot this week too. I cannot stand hot weather. I like it to be 65F all year round. It would be so awesome.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

You would think that by now I'm used to sleeping in surroundings that aren't familiar. I never had problems sleeping in a hospital. I almost never have problems falling asleep at a friend's place either. So I have no fucking clue why my brain just can't shut off in a hotel bed (that's fucking comfy like a cloud to top it off!) and just go. to. sleep. DAMMIT! DX -.- At least it's just one night. Still. So annoyiiiiiing! DX

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 7:24PM

joined Jan 4, 2016

Hey elthundercat!

Here has been so hot this week too. I cannot stand hot weather. I like it to be 65F all year round. It would be so awesome.

it actually got worst. humidity is at 96% =_= its like biking in a sauna...

@Su hmmmm hotel beds are the best (well if its a nice hotel that is) you should get Lin to put you to sleep. XD wait is Lin with you?

just came home from getting my ass handed to me in jiu jitsu -___- everything hurts. Its my 7th class and its only getting better. XD

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 9:36PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

@Su hmmmm hotel beds are the best (well if its a nice hotel that is) you should get Lin to put you to sleep. XD wait is Lin with you?

She was, yeah. But seeing how we shared a room with her ex Jenny and her brother Leo, two people I have tons of respect for, there's no way how I would've let her "put me to sleep." ;D I'm just glad I'm not the one having to drive right now. -.- And since Leo is a driving instructor, I can just relax since my baby is in good hands and try to doze off a bit once we get to the autobahn.

just came home from getting my ass handed to me in jiu jitsu -___- everything hurts. Its my 7th class and its only getting better. XD

Ah, the joy of martial arts training. Embrace the pain. It'll only make you tougher, physically as well as mentally. ;D Even though it might not be needed that much mentally in the case of jiu jitsu since it's more of a defense art, but anyway. Few more weeks and you'll get up after taking a hit like nothing even happened. ^^

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

There is no device that would be able to keep a heart alive for weeks unfortunately.
Non existent.

One shouldn’t make jokes about serious topics like that.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

There is no device that would be able to keep a heart alive for weeks unfortunately.
Non existent.

I bet you got to that conclusion after you didn't find anything about it during a 10 minute search on google. XD Maybe it isn't existent where you live, but they do have it in some hospitals here as far as I've been told. It's not untypical that research results don't go around the world when they're profitable enough. About a lot of things, people aren't even being informed. If that wouldn't be the case, there'd be top class first world medical ressources available all over the world and nobody would have to worry about dying from something as small as catching a flu anymore. But it isn't like that. Things like certain medications, methods and procedures as well as devices sometimes never make it across the border in any way or form. Medicine is one of those big businesses every country handles on their own for the most part and sometimes, some things end up being well-kept secrets. Ask Azai for reference if you want, I'm pretty sure she'll be able to agree with most things I just said (she works in a hospital).

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 10:28AM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Lonely night tonight... here n there... T^T
How r u, beautifuls?

Whooaaa.. jiu jitsu... u re so cool... How many class r there? Why dyou choose it?

Few more weeks and you'll get up after taking a hit like nothing even happened. ^^

Lol... is that true? xD
Since my brow said you ll take a hit like nothing ever happened, elthunder cat, can i try? I m curious to know..

I cant hold it any longer7
I m so sleepppyyyy

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 11:07AM

joined Jan 4, 2016

She was, yeah. But seeing how we shared a room with her ex Jenny and her brother Leo, two people I have tons of respect for, there's no way how I would've let her "put me to sleep." ;D I'm just glad I'm not the one having to drive right now. -.- And since Leo is a driving instructor, I can just relax since my baby is in good hands and try to doze off a bit once we get to the autobahn.

Oh okay. yea I wouldnt be able to do anything if family was present.

Ah, the joy of martial arts training. Embrace the pain. It'll only make you tougher, physically as well as mentally. ;D Even though it might not be needed that much mentally in the case of jiu jitsu since it's more of a defense art, but anyway. Few more weeks and you'll get up after taking a hit like nothing even happened. ^^

You know the mental aspect is actually pretty big, its important to keep a sharp mind while being pinned down. XD

Whooaaa.. jiu jitsu... u re so cool... How many class r there? Why dyou choose it?

well i used to box growing up but quit that cause Futbol (soccer as they call it in the states) kind of took over my life, then In college I picked up Kickboxing and really loved that because its like the best of both worlds. I kinda picked up Jiu jitsu because I like the idea that getting knocked to the ground is not the end of the fight. I wanted to know how to maneuver on my back, understanding the physics to use angles and speed versus brute strength and, most importantly, understanding that you DO have options that can turn the tide in your favor if you are alert and willing to take advantage of any opportunities that present themselves, can literally mean the difference between surviving and being killed if it comes down to a life-and-death situation. I highly recommend it XD the Academy i go to is mostly male dominated but I honestly think more women should be practicing the sport cause the self defense benefits are so worth it.

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 12:21PM

joined Jan 13, 2016

Good morning elthundercat! Lunch time!

joined Jun 22, 2016

Groundbreaking advances in modern medicine are not being kept in the dark and treated as secrets. That’s why there are press conferences every time something outstanding has been accomplished. Like the first face transplant, the transplantation of a whole arm or the separation of siamese twins.

The only reason to keep it secret would be if it’s something like the development of biological or chemical weapons.
And we musn’t forget: modern medicine is really expensive. The industry invests millions in research so it wouldn’t make sense to keep technology like that a secret.
Governments don’t control medical research and the distribution of medical technology (maybe in North Korea but apart from that) – it’s the industry.

Technology like the one you mentioned could save many lives if it really existed because then it would no longer be a problem to transport needed organs around the world.
There would be limitless possibilities.
Unfortunately the transplantation of organs is very restricted when it comes to the distance between the donor and the recipient of the organ. That is because the organs taken slowly begin to deteriorate as soon as they leave the donors body. They keep the organs packed in boxes with ice to prevent that from happening too fast but that only lasts a few hours.
So you only have that much time to take the organ to it’s new owner.

http://www.transweb.org/faq/q24.shtml

There’s been some development in organ transplantation in the recent years; approaches like the Ex Vivo Machine that not only cools the organ but also supplies it with oxygen and nutrients or the Portable Organ Care System that uses a different approach from the above mentioned and keeps the organ at body temperature and provides it with nutrients to prevent it from deterorating but even that increases the “life span” of an organ only by a few hours unfortunately.

So many lives could be saved if it would be possible to keep organs alive for weeks...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not to mention, the companies involved in medical research are competing with each other. If one team can develop a thing, so can another, particularly when they've caught wind of the first maybe getting an advantage. And even with NDA's, it's almost impossible to keep scientists 100% quiet about their work. Usually such secrets are kept for a very short period, leading up to a big announcement.

The problem with conspiracies is that humans are really, really bad at keeping secrets, and they usually rely on a lot of people doing so for little apparent gain.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I'm not sure, but I kind of remember reading a research paper around half a decade ago. It said they had found a way to keep donor organs alive INSIDE dead bodies. Their experiment was that they kept giving oxygen to a body even after the person died. Also, they injected a medicine into the body to keep the blood circulating naturally. The person was identified as dead but their organs were still alive. They said their method could keep the organs alive for months or even years.

Cephalosporin
1-soyqfa_400x400
joined Jun 22, 2016

''It said they had found a way to keep donor organs alive INSIDE dead bodies.'' That would be brain dead patients, also known as ''Beating heart cadavers'', it's the only way we have of keeping organs alive for a ''long'' period of time.
Right now, there isn't a machine able to sustain a heart for more than a few hours.
Maybe suzuma got it wrong when the doctors explained the process, but in any case, I'm with Anon99, there is no such thing as a device that can keep a heart alive for weeks, not even days.

joined Jan 4, 2016

''It said they had found a way to keep donor organs alive INSIDE dead bodies.'' That would be brain dead patients, also known as ''Beating heart cadavers'', it's the only way we have of keeping organs alive for a ''long'' period of time.
Right now, there isn't a machine able to sustain a heart for more than a few hours.
Maybe suzuma got it wrong when the doctors explained the process, but in any case, I'm with Anon99, there is no such thing as a device that can keep a heart alive for weeks, not even days

lol yea it sounds like Su didn't quite explain it right.
The scientific and Medical communities are both "publish or perish." so If such device existed Im sure that we would know about it.

IN any case Nice to see new faces on this thread. Welcome everyone!

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 6:35PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

"Beating heart cadavers"

Yes, that's it.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ elthundercat

Hello there! ;)

Cephalosporin
1-soyqfa_400x400
joined Jun 22, 2016

Maybe suzuma got it wrong when the doctors explained the process, but in any case, I'm with Anon99, there is no such thing as a device that can keep a heart alive for weeks, not even days.

lol yea it sounds like Su didn't quite explain it right.
The scientific and Medical communities are both "publish or perish." so If such device existed Im sure that we would know about it.

Yep, even more when it's about prolonging an organ life-span, that technology could be aplicated in a lot of other clinical fields besides organ donation.

IN any case Nice to see new faces on this thread. Welcome everyone!

Thanks! I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to participate, it's nice to meet you everyone :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.