Forum › Her Pet by Pito (lezhin)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm really glad Pito addressed the fact that Minji didn't apologize and just made excuses. A lot of authors (and people in general) don't realize that "I didn't mean it! I was hurt too!" isn't an apology. Seen way too many stories where it's accepted as an apology and everything gets brushed under a rug.

I'm also really happy that the teachers did in the end side with Yurim. Of course they didn't do anything earlier and were pretty much forced to do something since a student was almost killed....but hey at least they didn't blame her for the fight.

Aaand because the authorities took her side, my sympathy for her ends. She got her revenge. The bullies were (hopefully) expelled. There really wasn't a need to start beating people up for pleasure. Ok sure after Minji gets her deserved punishment...but from what she says in her monologue, she was pretty much a ticking time bomb. Reveling in the sadistic pleasure of having power over someone. The way it's worded doesn't make it seem like she likes bullying because she was bullied. The instinct seemed to be there all along.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I feel like that sweet revenge was well-warranted. From a storytelling standpoint, I think it's super fascinating witnessing the descent of Yurim's character and her morals being flushed down the drain. When I put myself in Yurim's place, I can see why she'd feel so satisfied over using Minji as her new play toy.

I like this story a lot - much better than My Joy, at least.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After thinking about it for a bit, maybe (just maybe), Yurim is attracted to Soha. If she really hated her, she would have jumped her with her thug friends, like one of them suggested. Even if she's strong, Soha wouldn't be able to resist being ganged up on.

That Soha is "disappointed" in her, the look she gives her when she punches her and Yurim's attitude around Soha, makes me think that deep down she wanted to be acknowledged by her and since it has come to this, she's now bitter because it can't be fixed anymore. But she still puts Soha on a pedestal, even if unconsciously.

Or maybe I'm making things up >.<

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

After thinking about it for a bit, maybe (just maybe), Yurim is attracted to Soha. If she really hated her, she would have jumped her with her thug friends, like one of them suggested. Even if she's strong, Soha wouldn't be able to resist being ganged up on.

That Soha is "disappointed" in her, the look she gives her when she punches her and Yurim's attitude around Soha, makes me think that deep down she wanted to be acknowledged by her and since it has come to this, she's now bitter because it can't be fixed anymore. But she still puts Soha on a pedestal, even if unconsciously.

Or maybe I'm making things up >.<

They are like, some kind of rivals, both being acknowledged athletes, both acknowledging the other's skill in their individual "craft". Someone that she thought was more or less her equal became someone she pursued, and finally... "You disappoint me". It probs haven't been on her mind for a while, with all the bullying and anger inside, but it did shake her up and confuse her. Hmm Yurim had these expectations for herself, as a boxer, as an athlete and Soha kinda crushed them. After she quit, Yurim didn't have a way to "redeem" herself either. Some of that bitterness is likely to be associated with Soha for sure

Racing%20noz
joined May 19, 2016

Tbh I want more details on Yurim beating up Minji

Maybe a few panels showing the punces and kicks. I'd like that.

I'm sorry I'm a horrible person.

Mei
joined Jun 11, 2016

Tbh I want more details on Yurim beating up Minji

Maybe a few panels showing the punces and kicks. I'd like that.

I'm sorry I'm a horrible person.

Same.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Remember when this series was about petplay and not psychopathic bullies? Those were the days.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I dunno, even from the beginning Gayoon had bully problems...

joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh, Soha had already spotted Gayoon since the beginning it seems. Seems like Yurim's bitterness towards Soha is what might have brought Gayoon trouble :<
It's kinda relating back. Yurim bullies Gayoon, Soha protects Gayoon. Gayoon admires and loves Soha because she protected her on more than one occasion, Soha low key obsesses over Gayoon because Happy. Because Yurim had beef with Soha before, perhaps noticing her paying special attention to Gayoon made her want to target her. Yurim is the kinda one that connected the two, by hating on Soha and beating on Gayoon.

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 3:21AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh, Soha had already spotted Gayoon since the beginning it seems. Seems like Yurim's bitterness towards Soha is what might have brought Gayoon trouble :<
It's kinda relating back. Yurim bullies Gayoon, Soha protects Gayoon. Gayoon admires and loves Soha because she protected her on more than one occasion, Soha low key obsesses over Gayoon because Happy. Because Yurim had beef with Soha before, perhaps noticing her paying special attention to Gayoon made her want to target her. Yurim is the kinda one that connected the two, by hating on Soha and beating on Gayoon.

Oh Yurim 100% targeted Gayoon at least partially (if not entirely) to spite Soha.

S6_e8_robin_hood_to_the_rescue_2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Hello everyone, I am just here wondering if you think this webtoon is worth buying . I am looking for an interesting read.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Hello everyone, I am just here wondering if you think this webtoon is worth buying . I am looking for an interesting read.

First chapters are free on Lezhin, you can just check it out to see if it's your cup of tea

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I hope Yurim gets hit by like 7 fucking buses.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I hope Yurim gets hit by like 7 fucking buses.

^^^
At least you know she gets hit by like 7 fucking Sohas

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I 100% understand Gayoon's devotion to Soha at this point. Like wow that was dashing as fuck.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I 100% understand Gayoon's devotion to Soha at this point. Like wow that was dashing as fuck.

ikr
But wow this was a huge chain events

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, it has come full circle now.

Can we end it with the flashback and move on with the story?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So, it has come full circle now.

Can we end it with the flashback and move on with the story?

Probably not :\

joined Sep 21, 2014

I liked the arc
Got to see how yurim got to where she is now, why is she so salty about soha, and how from her pov, it relates back to Gayoon's feelings. Although about I'm kinda worried about Gayoon's relationship with Soha again, it is indeed more or less fucked up.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I liked the arc
Got to see how yurim got to where she is now, why is she so salty about soha, and how from her pov, it relates back to Gayoon's feelings. Although about I'm kinda worried about Gayoon's relationship with Soha again, it is indeed more or less fucked up.

I mean she got where she is pretty much exactly how I thought she did: by being a psychopath. Like a decent human being would not have reached that endpoint even with the shit she went through.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Man, I really like seeing the girls fight, would have liked to see more of Soha bashing them up

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh thank god we're done with Yurim for now. I was beginning to think it should be called Her Victim with how much time we were spending on her.

joined Sep 21, 2014

^omfg

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So yeah. Back to square one.

And btw, Yurim is not that bad. If she was really evil, she could have done much worse to Soha or Gayoon.

When the other girl suggests she throws a stone at her or something, she doesn't seem to think of it as even a remote possibility.

She fights the wrong fights, but she fights them fair, one on one and with her fists.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So yeah. Back to square one.

And btw, Yurim is not that bad. If she was really evil, she could have done much worse to Soha or Gayoon.

When the other girl suggests she throws a stone at her or something, she doesn't seem to think of it as even a remote possibility.

She fights the wrong fights, but she fights them fair, one on one and with her fists.

"Yurim's not that bad she just systematically tortured a teenage girl and broke her down emotionally until she was so irrevocably damaged that she became unquestioningly devoted to the person who saved her from the hell her life had become."

Like there's nothing "fair" about her treatment of Gayoon. At all. It wasn't a fight. It was physical and psychological torture purely for the sake of her own amusement. She's a monstrously evil person. But sure, she didn't want to chuck a rock at Soha and that totally makes up for everything.

To reply you must either login or sign up.