Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

It was a nice trip. Kanojo lived there for a few years, and I've visited many times, so I guess it's more like visiting an old friend than anything. Nowadays we usually are there because a friend is getting married or having a baby, so it was nice having some time to ourselves to bum around and eat too much, shop, go see a show :) If you're going to visit anywhere in the US, I think NY is a classic choice, especially among the big cities. San Francisco is great, too. If you want an outdoorsy destination or an amusement park trip then it's a different story.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

There are just so many things that seem worth checking out in the US! The big cities with all their skyscrapers and monuments, the wilderness, the peaceful, pretty suburbs you see in teenie movies all the time. For a long time now I've also had that weird dream of wanting to drive my Chevy down a lonely road through the Rocky Mountains. Or to take my mom and her biker friends and tear up the asphalt for a few days, just going wherever, eating cheap road diner food and spending nights in barely average motels. XD I dunno. I want adventure and I want it to involve the sound of powerful engines! XD

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 3:56PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Lol it's a big and diverse country, both culturally and geographically, so there's definitely a lot of options. You drive a Chevy? Somehow a funny thought for a German person to drive an American-made car haha. I've driven through to a lot of different parts of the northeast and California, but not a big cross-country trip, even though I really like road trips and I'd like to do a long one at some point. I'd be a bit worried trying to road trip in a different country other than Canada though, especially if it's not English-speaking or drives on the left side of the road...

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Yeah, I drive a cherry red Chevrolet Silverado. ^^ Not to insult German cars, I mean it's proven fact we're big on making some of the highest quality cars in the world, but when it comes to muscle cars, pick ups and trucks...let's face it: Americans just have way more style with those. v.v
Lin and me actually did a road trip in the first year we were dating, but it wasn't anything too big. We went from Berlin to Hamburg and then from Hamburg to Cologne and from Cologne to Munich and then all the way back home to Berlin again. So basically we did a whole country trip from the east to the north, from the north to the west and from the west to the south. Here, for orientation:

We avoided the autobahn and express ways of any sort as much as possible so we could just have a chill trip and actually see stuff. That's what road trips are all about, after all. ^^ Overall, we were on the road for 6 days and we stayed in each city for one day, so it was a 9-day adventure. 9 days of just us. gets nostalgic Man. We are so doing that again in the future! XD

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 4:33PM

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

You ain't the only Alpha born in this thread. Js xD

ey gurl i'm the only true alpha there is! ;D i'll dominate this thread in no time!

proceeds to leave thread forever apparently

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

proceeds to leave thread forever apparently

Forever? Lol, Johnny hasn't been here for a few days. Maybe he got stuff to do or something. XD Some people in here don't show up for literal weeks and we don't assume they left forever. Having a life. For some people, that's actually a thing. XD

That aside, hi. Nice to meet ya! :D

And also

I'M HOME!!!

I feel like it's been years since I've been chilling on the couch with my dog while watching re-runs of Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother. God, this feels so fucking good.

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

Must be nice to finally come home Su !!
Congrats !!!

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Yeah, I drive a cherry red Chevrolet Silverado. ^^ Not to insult German cars, I mean it's proven fact we're big on making some of the highest quality cars in the world, but when it comes to muscle cars, pick ups and trucks...let's face it: Americans just have way more style with those. v.v

Lol interesting reputation we have abroad.

Lin and me actually did a road trip in the first year we were dating, but it wasn't anything too big. We went from Berlin to Hamburg and then from Hamburg to Cologne and from Cologne to Munich and then all the way back home to Berlin again. So basically we did a whole country trip from the east to the north, from the north to the west and from the west to the south. Here, for orientation:

http://0.tqn.com/d/goeurope/1/S/D/Z/germany-distance-map.gif

We avoided the autobahn and express ways of any sort as much as possible so we could just have a chill trip and actually see stuff. That's what road trips are all about, after all. ^^ Overall, we were on the road for 6 days and we stayed in each city for one day, so it was a 9-day adventure. 9 days of just us. gets nostalgic Man. We are so doing that again in the future! XD

That's nice :) There are some places around the US I'd like to go to hike and others for historical reasons, but really I just want to go around the country and eat lol. Sorta how I feel about visiting any country though.

Sorry I had to dash mid-conversation yesterday, kanojo called wanting a ride back from work. Also glad to see you're back home, that's great :)

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 3:02PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Welcome home Su~ I came into thread very late this year, so I don't actually know medically what you were going through and why-but I'm glad you're better!

Also, dofu It was definitely a grim reminder for the LGBT community. I don't live in a very queer friendly city so I'm pretty private about my orientation for safety reasons. It's...really quite sad and I think your sentiment was lovely.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Dofu

Sorta how I feel about visiting any country though.

Lol, come to Germany! :D There is literally nothing to see here, but our food is awesome! Never go eat any traditional, local dishes in Hamburg (or the entire North, actually) though. -.- The ideas they have about fish dishes range from tame and fairly uninteresting to downright perverse and that's coming from a person who eats tomatoes with honey and pickles with nutella. So ye be warned. Them northmen be crazy aye. (._.)

Alvis

Also, dofu It was definitely a grim reminder for the LGBT community.

It may have been a grimm reminder, but we, as a community, will definitely yang in there. We've gone through so much progress these past few decades, so I'm hopeful that things can only get better. It's just that I guess that the message of things not being blake and weiss is a slow traveling one and will take a while until it reaches even the last person. Yes, those were terrible puns. But if you got them, it means you have awesome taste in anime. XD

I came into thread very late this year, so I don't actually know medically what you were going through and why-but I'm glad you're better!

Thanks ^^ I'll give ya a quick summary of what happened, just cause I told the others in the thread as well and I never made my condition a secret.
So basically, ever since I was around 15 years old, I've been suffering from a combination of some pretty nasty heart diseases. (I always say "around" 15 cause we only just realized it when I was that age, but the doctors said judged from the scarring of the heart muscle, I may have actually been sick ever since I was a baby, but the symptoms were never strong enough to really suspect anything.) Anyway. When I was 15 years old, I went through a quite incredible growth spurt (18 centimeters in not even a full year!), which is when the problems started. I have a genetic disease (with a ridiculously complicated and long name I never bothered to remember), which caused my inner organs to not be able to keep up with my growing. So while my body had suddenly gotten a whole lot bigger, my organs couldn't keep up. I had to be hospitalized for a while. After about a month in the hospital, the doc gave me the bad news: My heart hadn't grown a single millimeter ever since I'd gotten into hospital while my other organs were making notable progress. I was put on meds, that made my heart beat faster and harder so it could still sufficiently support my body and at least support the other organs in their growth while doctors tried to figure out how to help my heart.

That was when we found out the hard way, meaning by me having a nasty heart valve spasm directly followed by a heart attack, that, courtesy of my maternal grandfather, I also had a heart valve defect. :D By then I was convinced, that fate had a pretty dark sense of humor. So, what followed after my first staredown with death was a team of cardiologists running around with their hair on fire as they tried to find out how they could keep me alive. They figured I need specially made medication, that makes my heart pump fast and hard enough to support my body, yet not pump too hard or too fast in order to not overwhelm my heart valve and make it spasm again. Tests were run, labs were contacted and some time later, they had meds for me. They worked for a while...until my body decided to troll me again and become allergic to one of the components in the pills. Allergic reaction, another heart valve spasm, hospital again. That's pretty much how it went from there. They performed a whole number of checks and tests on me only to find out, that my condition was so specific and intricate, that they didn't think any of the traditional ways to deal with heart diseases would show any notable positive effect. So more med cocktails were put together for me. And after some time, I always ended up having either allergic reactions to them or not responding to them anymore, meaning I got sort of "immune" to them and they lost their effect.

This went on for about 3 years, until I was 18 and grew a few centimeters again. My inner organs were slower than my bones and muscles once more, but overall it wasn't too big of a sitch this time. My heart still remained the same size. I was 181 centimeters tall with a heart, that barely had 2/3 of the size and weight a body of my size would need. Back to hospital, more tests, more pessimistic results, new meds. Then, 2 days before my 19th birthday, the cardiologist in charge of me called me and asked to meet him and to bring someone I trust, cause he would be giving me some tough news. I took my mom and met him. That's when he told me that he's decided to put me on the waiting list for a heart transplant and that he really hopes the new meds would be able to support me until I got one. I asked him to be perfectly open and honest with me and tell me what my chances are. He told me that, if I had another allergic reaction to the meds or would become unresponsive to them again, they were really running out of ideas for what cocktails to mix up for me. He also told me that for several reasons (me being young, very tall for a woman, having a quite rare blood type and also not being the person with the top priority on the waiting list), my chances of finding a suitable donor heart in time were pessimistically low. He looked me straight in the eyes with an expression as if he was already giving up on me and told me that if no heart would be found in the next few years, it'd be quite the miracle if I managed to reach age 30.

Time passed, lots of things happened and someday I guess God decided I had taken enough of his shit, so he turned things in my favor for a change. About 3 months ago, I had gotten the call that a suitable heart for me had been found. So I was called to the hospital again, test were run and they said I had to gain weight and get fitter cause I had to be in my best physical shape for the transplantation. Until then, they'd keep the heart alive in that black fake body container thingy they had. (Basically, it's some kind of device where the heart can be kept alive for weeks by pumping some sort of liquid around in a circuit mimicking a simple version of an actual body's circulatory system, nutritions, body temperature and everything. o.o) I was put on new meds to prepare me for the surgery, and guess what? I had an allergic reaction to them! :D That reaction was so severe, that it caused a heart valve spasm, which was so bad, that the entire heart valve bruised as a result. So, on May 10th, I went to see my cardiologist in hospital again. He checked me and when a sonography revealed, that my heart valve was seen as nothing more but a bruised up, big, black, blotch on the screen, my doc just went "Well. Time to cut you open."

He feared the severe bruising could've led to another heart attack, which would've eventually ended in cardiac arrest. In short: I would've kicked it. So New Pump Day (that's what I had nicknamed the scheduled day of the transplantation) came a lot earlier than expected and even though I had been absolutely shitting my pants, it all went well. I was in hospital for 3 weeks until the surgery scar had healed enough and the new heart didn't show any signs of losing its function. My body also didn't show any signs of rejecting the heart, so I was sent to cardio rehab for 3 weeks, which officially ended yesterday morning. So now I'm here, flipping off fate, God and Death, about to propose to the woman who's been the pillar to hold me up throughout those angsty years and looking forward to one hell of a life with her. X3

.... stares at wall of text I just created Uh huh. So much about a "quick summary." But I really tried to cut it down to the most important things. DX

last edited at Jun 19, 2016 11:40AM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

@Alvis

Also, dofu It was definitely a grim reminder for the LGBT community. I don't live in a very queer friendly city so I'm pretty private about my orientation for safety reasons. It's...really quite sad and I think your sentiment was lovely.

That's disappointing and I hope you eventually get out and can live your life openly. There's a world of people that are happy to have you as you are. If it's for your security, I generally don't think it's worth coming out, but in your best interest to get out. If it's for someone else's comfort, then I don't think you should have to live your life a certain way for others' sake.

@Su

Lol, come to Germany! :D There is literally nothing to see here, but our food is awesome! Never go eat any traditional, local dishes in Hamburg (or the entire North, actually) though. -.- The ideas they have about fish dishes range from tame and fairly uninteresting to downright perverse and that's coming from a person who eats tomatoes with honey and pickles with nutella. So ye be warned. Them northmen be crazy aye. (._.)

Pickles with nutella sounds downright ominous lol. I'd like to go to Germany for the beer one day xD.

Also, that is an impressive Thiaguinho-size wall-o-text you've built there. / claps / Do you know when you're going to propose? We haven't exchanged engagement rings yet (kanojo's won't arrive for a couple weeks), but I feel very very VERY engaged already lol... Our mothers really want us to pick a date and location already. I think so they know how long they get to fuss over every detail... things to look forward to.

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

.. 'Thiaguinho size wall of text'... LOL.
Hi guyss. And good to see that you're back, Dofu

last edited at Jun 19, 2016 12:30PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Dofu

Pickles with nutella sounds downright ominous lol

You should really try it thought! It's like french fries with ice cream or strawberries with balsamic vinegar: sounds disgusting, tastes heavenly! o.o

Do you know when you're going to propose?

I actually wanted to do it on that bigass welcome back party my family and friends are throwing for me next week, but seeing how Lin is more of a mess than I thought she'd be, it'd kinda would feel like too much of a gimmick to me to do it then. Like a cheap way of wanting to make her feel better. :T So I dunno when exactly I'm gonna do it, but I know I'll be doing some demon slaying before I ask her the big question.

Our mothers really want us to pick a date and location already. I think so they know how long they get to fuss over every detail... things to look forward to.

Lol, I think that's typical mom stuff to do. XD My mom has pretty much already planned half the ceremony for us. -.-

Thiaguinho size wall of text

We should totally make that a thing, actually. o.o Whenever one of us is about to explain something in great detail or just post a long rant about whatever, we go "I'mma pull a Thia now and say this: ** -insert wall of text- ** "

That aside, NEWPY! :D jump-tackle hugs (note: a jump-tackle hug is like a glomp, but with moar power, which means moar luuuv. In my mind, this makes perfect sense. XD)

last edited at Jun 19, 2016 12:58PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Random question time!

If somebody aggressively cuddles another person without their consent, but clothes remain on and hands don't go to private parts of the body, do you think that would still be considered sexual harrassment or (attempted) rape? o.o

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

.. 'Thiaguinho size wall of text'... LOL.
Hi guyss. And good to see that you're back, Dofu

You know it's the truth lol. Thanks :) How ya been, Newp?

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

You should really try it thought! It's like french fries with ice cream or strawberries with balsamic vinegar: sounds disgusting, tastes heavenly! o.o

Lol I'll try anything once.

I actually wanted to do it on that bigass welcome back party my family and friends are throwing for me next week, but seeing how Lin is more of a mess than I thought she'd be, it'd kinda would feel like too much of a gimmick to me to do it then. Like a cheap way of wanting to make her feel better. :T So I dunno when exactly I'm gonna do it, but I know I'll be doing some demon slaying before I ask her the big question.

Well whenever you think's best, but it's obvious you two have wanted to, so I don't think it'd be a cheap way to make her feel better. Lin was helping me stay positive about my engagement by telling me to remind myself that nothing's going to change just because we're engaged/married since we're already long committed to each other. In that respect, I don't think you two are that different. Unless her struggles are directly affecting your relationship then getting engaged is just an affirmation of everything up to this point and going forward.

Lol, I think that's typical mom stuff to do. XD My mom has pretty much already planned half the ceremony for us. -.-

Lol sounds about right. I think I'm going to take a backseat to pretty much everyone when it comes to the wedding. It's not that I don't care, but I feel like there are too many strong personalities in the mix already lol...

We should totally make that a thing, actually. o.o Whenever one of us is about to explain something in great detail or just post a long rant about whatever, we go "I'mma pull a Thia now and say this: ** -insert wall of text- ** "

xD

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012
Hi girls...
Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Random question time!

If somebody aggressively cuddles another person without their consent, but clothes remain on and hands don't go to private parts of the body, do you think that would still be considered sexual harrassment or (attempted) rape? o.o

That can be considered harassment...

Hi girls...

Hi gurl

Hi there Rainy

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Just been going out n keeping myself busy to get my mind off of stuff.
My best friend also recently got Tinder.. along with something called 'okcupid'.. and has been going out on dates with a lot of weird people.. so Im busy trying to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid = = lol.

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 1:12PM

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

Hello Foxy peeps.

just got back from a business trip and my jet lag is killing me so decided to take a day off.
^.^
Hows everyone doing?

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

So people are busy with taking my stupid question seriously, but nobody is bothered by this:

Hi girls...

I mean, when was the last time Thia's shown up here with a simple greeting instead of making a flashy entrance via wall of text and questions about stuff and a quick summary of what he's been doing lately? In fact, I don't think this ever happened. o.o...This is rubbing me the wrong way yo.

Thia

Dude. Everything okay? o.o

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

Just been going out n keeping myself busy to get my mind off of stuff.
My best friend also recently got Tinder.. along with something called 'okcupid'.. and has been going out on dates with a lot of weird people.. so Im busy trying to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid = = lol.

Newp this is so funny hahaha. Become a detective and follow her or investigate her dates before she meets them. You could also hire Martian ans me. We can follow for you lol...

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Newp this is so funny hahaha. Become a detective and follow her or investigate her dates before she meets them. You could also hire Martian ans me. We can follow for you lol...

Elthundercat How was the business trip? xD

mvl its not funnyy.. :(
I genuinely worry she'll get caught up in something bad.. sigh. And haha no need to follow.. she keeps me updated and tells me everything before she goes on one.
I am ok with the idea of dating sites/apps.. but Im not ok with het using Tinder.. especially for what its known for.

Anyone here familiar with em? Or have had messed up dates in general? It'd be fun to hear some stories xD

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 5:32PM

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

Elthundercat How was the business trip? xD

mvl its not funnyy.. :(
I genuinely worry she'll get caught up in something bad.. sigh. And haha no need to follow.. she keeps me updated and tells me everything before she goes on one.
I am ok with the idea of dating sites/apps.. but Im not ok with het using Tinder.. especially for what its known for.

Anyone here familiar with em? Or have had messed up dates in general? It'd be fun to hear some stories xD

I know it's a serious issue. Many women got killed or scammed because meeting strange men like this. I hope your friend only go meet them where there are a lot of people.

I hope you can convince your friend not to just go out and meet them without getting to know them well enough.

Since she is your best friend, i'm sure you are very worried about her safety. I hope you can find some way to put some sense into her head.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Su
Ahh, okay. Thank you! That clears up much of the missing pieces for me. I knew it was a heart condition but I little to no idea of much beyond that. Again, it's wunderbar that you're acclimating to the new heart :D

Hi girls...

Hello o/ How are you?

I am assuming these aren't platonic cuddles,no? Hmm..if the situation were read and this cuddler had other plans after cuddling then I might consider that sexual harassment but not rape.

If it were platonic in nature, then I'd just consider it a run of the mill boundary violation, like when someone speaks to you too closely.

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 1:16AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.