Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Seju now looks more like she would choose to kill Sumin and Sungji instead though.

Or maybe she would just kill Sumin and then kill herself.

Then Sungji killing herself comes next. That's not gonna happen since they said the third arc is about "Learn to love", right. They can't learn it in hell. XD

But Sungji can still learn to love again after Sumin is gone. Nami will teach her how to xD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Come to think about it, I don't think I should blame Team Gaji for wanting to play around with Seju's storyline because I would say wdtfs has become this popular mainly because of Seju, not Sumin nor Sungji. Without Seju, I don't think we have things to discuss about.

This is true, but they are playing around the wrong way...If they make Seju so unlikeable, just so readers are satisfied in the end it will backfire on the quality of the story.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

But Sungji can still learn to love again after Sumin is gone. Nami will teach her how to xD

I doubt Nami knows what love is. :D She may only teach her how to be a real pervert and how to hit on women.

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 1:11PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Come to think about it, I don't think I should blame Team Gaji for wanting to play around with Seju's storyline because I would say wdtfs has become this popular mainly because of Seju, not Sumin nor Sungji. Without Seju, I don't think we have things to discuss about.

This is true, but they are playing around the wrong way...If they make Seju so unlikeable, just so readers are satisfied in the end it will backfire on the quality of the story.

I wonder if there exists an ending that can satisfy both Seju fans and Seju anti-fans.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I doubt Numi knows what love is. :D

Heyhey let's not be so harsh to Nami xD There are people who like her

Seju turning into a psycho ex does not eliminate the possibility of her killing herself. It only makes it worse because now, with her situation, if she can't get Sumin and they don't want to kill her off, there's a possible scenario where Seju go insane and end up in an asylum.

Also, not only killing herself, but getting into an accident as well.
Let's hope though that this is not the case and it was just one chapter needed for the development. Either way, I'm glad there is a break after last week's chapter xD

I wonder if there exists an ending that can satisfy both Seju fans and Seju anti-fans

There are two types of Seju anti-fans. The mild ones (some of TeamBlonde fans who don't like her because of getting on the way of Sumin and Sungji r/s) and the hardcore ones who hate her guts and probably would like seeing her suffering xD

I think Seju ending alone without any physical harm and TeamBlonde ending after Sumin's character is redeemed is the middle ground here

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 1:13PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Heyhey let's not be so harsh to Nami xD There are people who like her

Xp

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I admit I dislike Nami at first sight. XD

Either way, I'm glad there is a break after last week's chapter xD

Nothing to read is sad though.

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 1:20PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I admit I dislike Nami at first sight. XD

Well, she has a bit of sadistic way to show her love and concern, but...deep down she could be really sensitive and emotional and acts like that to protect herself

Either way, I'm glad there is a break after last week's chapter xD

Nothing to read is sad though.

I've had too much personally. I needed this so my wdtfs emotions could take a break and regain strength xD (for what is to come to Seju :P)

joined Jan 17, 2016

wdtfs is becoming shit . the authors is only making seju what stupid team blonde and fans want and not what they actually want to do .they could've come with tons of other ways, they could go but they choose the stupidest most obvious way
and sungji is such a empty useless character with zero qualities ...i dont know what the hell ppl see in her ?

I feel you ...i was thinking the same way kkkkkk
No really you maybe have a point about seju stupid transformations and throwing her character development through the window in one chapter but i guess they have no other choice at this moment ...if we dont hate seju team blonde will have a rough endgame and there will be a fanwar but its liked they dont know what to do with her so they turned her evil as a last resort ...
But i agree with ppl say i think this is a temporary evil seju cuz she was bitch in ch 27 and we didn't even know it and she was normal againg till recent chapters kkkk

Seju now looks more like she would choose to kill Sumin and Sungji instead though.

Bwhaha omg you remind me of this famous saying " if I can't have you my love I'll destroy you " from the movie dark shadows kkkkk

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 2:10PM

joined Jun 9, 2016

if sumin really want to leave seju for good she should at least give everything back to her ...the house , the car ...etc i guess she will be homelss lol let sumin have her sungji ..i like it this way now seju is better without her ,at least sumin wont know what she had untill its gone. i really do believe that nammi likes seju alot more than she appears and also believe she befriended sumin for seju and we will see that in the next chapters cuz when seju broke down nammi stopped so its more than seju body that she wants ..seju may not love nammi ever but she will get used to her . cuz she maybe seju only way now . i remember someone saying seju dad maybe really wrote all his money for seju in his will but if thats is ture her damn brothers wont stop unless they kill her . i really expect the mole guy to interfere again

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The fact that you drag someone to the bed and make them cry and then you stop doesn't make you a good person, nor deny what you wanted to do to them at the beginning though.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

well, I think it has already been established Sungji isn't a character with zero qualities; just underdeveloped probably on purpose (lets not repeat the same things ^-^*).
whether Sumin chooses Sungji or Seju she's still going to look dumb after all this... and honestly it's not impossible for them to end up leaving her. I find her attractive and all but if I was in Sungji's place I don't know if I could forgive her... and saying that if Sungji loves her enough she will is just... ugh! no! if Sumin loved her enough she wouldn't have done that! If Sungji leaves her it won't mean that she didn't love her enough, it will mean Sumin was too confused (a jerk ^-^*) for her to handle it. Besides their fate rests on Sumin's hands... I'm pretty sure Sumin can make Sungji stay if she makes an effort but it might take some time... If Sungji hops back into Sumin's arms I'm gonna official claim that this story is stupid and beyond help ^-^*
And yeah, I'm TeamBlonde (or TeamNone?) but I really do believe Sumin shouldn't keep those gifts Seju gave her. It might hurt Seju but she's already hurt her a lot so it's only fair to return them and show them that she's serious about leaving... nevermind though, she already messed up big time -.-

joined Feb 4, 2016

Thank you, WDTFS readers. We all know how lucky we are to be working for WDTFS, and we want to make sure all our beloved readers know we appreciate you coming back every week to the site to read our manhwa. The third arc we are working on will be all about Sumin getting dumped, Sungji and Seju learning to love Nami. However, before Seju letting go of Sumin, we promise to be always working hard on disappointing and hurting Seju fans as much as possible until they fully agree to let Seju die alone. We are not going to introduce any new character as we have run out of hair colors. blah blah blah

For a moment I thought this was Newp's translation and it's real, until I read the Nami & Seju die alone part. But I already suffered miliseconds of false sympathy and my feelings almost elope to Seju, only to realize I've been trolled u_u

3rd arc will start on July 21st

Ah, I see. So they're coming back on July for new arc. For some reason I feel relieved and glad that it's the case, because I feel like I've been too invested in this manhwa. I would probably pick up a time later next month to read this manhwa again from the start in one go, because usually that enables me to see a different PoV.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

She brokedown by a few words coming from Nami of all people.

I don't think Seju brokedown because of what Nami said. She started crying after a monologue "Today, forget about everything" which was stated once before since it was in black. I really am curious who said that? and when? Perhaps it was the incident with the bartender?

OMG, just noticed that Seju turning into evil could make me Sumin fan (don't wanna admit this at all though) turn into evil too. Is this happening to Seju fans as well? Seju's character is really something!

If you find her twist acceptable enough, I think you will twist her way too. It's not surprising though. I think usually you would end up empathizing a character you like more and more so that you could accept and stay supporting them regardless any kind of twists. Btw, are you sure you are not Seju fan? I think you are Seju fan and Sumin fan at the same time.

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 9:39AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think Seju brokedown because of what Nami said. She started crying after a monologue "Today, forget about everything" which was stated once before since it was in black. I really am curious who said that? and when? Perhaps it was the incident with the bartender?

Yeah Nami can't break her down just like that if she doesn't say something evolving Sumin. It was what the barman said to her "Forget about everything" that made her remember about the cheating and break down.
Also, I believe even if Nami didn'tsay that, Seju would still be unable to sleep with her.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yeah Nami can't break her down just like that if she doesn't say something evolving Sumin. It was what the barman said to her "Forget about everything" that made her remember about the cheating and break down.
Also, I believe even if Nami didn'tsay that, Seju would still be unable to sleep with her.

Didn't even notice it was black. I see, her breakdown makes sense to me now because I really don't believe Nami's words could affect Seju who can turn into a psycho ex anytime that much.

If you find her twist acceptable enough, I think you will twist her way too. It's not surprising though. I think usually you would end up empathizing a character you like more and more so that you could accept and stay supporting them regardless any kind of twists. Btw, are you sure you are not Seju fan? I think you are Seju fan and Sumin fan at the same time.

At first, I really couldn't accept her twist, but letter on, I tried to look at the story from another angle and found a reason to. The words "more empathizing" should be fair enough.

I may be Sumin fan and also Seju fan. But if there will be only one character who can be healed or get a happy end, I wish it is Sumin. The scars under her tattoo and the emotion damaged she has been enduring are way too sad to me. Tbh, I don't even mind Sumin being indecisive. All I dislike about her is that one fact that she still accepted gifts from Seju after their breakup. Those gifts are not important really, but her accepting them makes her looks cheap and responsible to repay Seju with something more than just friendship.

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 12:57PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

You can't say Seju's emotion still remains healthy after the breaking up. Seju just has never been in any relationship with others, but the breaking up must have damaged her emotion as badly as it damaged Sumin's as well. But yeah, the scars on Sumin's shoulder does make Sumin's case seem worse than Seju's. I feel kind of sad seeing that the best happy ending for Sumin and that for Seju seem to be disjoint each other, not to mention that they even seem to go in completely opposite directions.

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 1:45PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

No, Sumin's best happy ending and Seju's have their intersection. But here we need to put Sungji's into account as well, and that messes up everything; best ending in regards to the three of them doesn't exist. XD

joined Dec 9, 2014

Sungji is healthier and she would be fine in her life without Sumin too. Of course she would hurt first, but it isn't the same as Seju losing Sumin instead of her.
Also, logically speaking, Sungji staying with Sumin has chances of messing up her mind as well. I can't believe someone with Sumin's past won't influence their partner in a bad way too.
Unless Sumin actually helps Sungji as well, and we find out more about Sungji next arc. Because Sungji doing all the work for Sumin is not balanced. This is why I wouldn't think it would be unfair for them not ending up together

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 2:43PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

MacySan, you're right, but if Sumin doesn't end up with Sungji I doubt she will end up with Seju either... The story doesn't seem to be hinting towards that and to be honest their relationship seems to be beyond repair...
Yes, I don't think it's possible for Sungji to stay with Sumin and remain sane but if Sumin makes an effort that could be possible. I don't know how Sumin could 'help' her though... at this point helping her would seem pretty hypocritical when she's the one causing her problems -.- When Sumin chose Sungji she knew that she couldn't be with Seju anymore I think (but she fell into the temptation -.-) Also realistically speaking, Seju's issues won't disappear even if she goes back to Sumin. She needs to work them out within herself.
From a narrative point of view Sungji can't possibly be a plot device to make Sumin and Seju end up back together... The story doesn't focus enough on their current relationship for that to hold true. I think maybe this last chapter was not to make Seju seem like a villain but more to establish a clear protagonist vs antagonist relationship which has probably reached its peak and won't be going on for longer. Seju told Sungji all those things a long time ago, we can see that she has been a sort of antagonist all this time; well not her as a person that much but the idea of her in Sumin's thoughts.
If this is really the vision TeamGaji had then I think this is not a cheap way to present it and that it has been showing from before; just more subtly. From the beginning there were too many scenes involving Sumin and Sungji (in the current timeline!) that Sumin ending up with Seju didn't seem to make sense. I know there were TeamPink supporters and there are still but how would you go about making Sumin ending up with Seju?
Would you make Sumin falter a bit more and then go back to Seju and tell her she can't live without her? Where would her love for Sungji go? What would happen to Sungji? Would you make her give Sumin her blessing? What would happen after that? Would there be Sumin x Seju lovely dovey time and Sumin would magically forget all about Sungji and be able to immediately fix her relationship with Seju without any guilt? Or would the story just end there?
Sungji can't possibly lose her protagonism; it would break the narrative. If Sumin goes back to Seju it can only happen at the very end and maybe then cut to the future where we see Sungji meeting them again or something. Maybe this chapter was a bit cliche but I wouldn't judge it too much as it kept the narrative clear and reinforced it even more. Besides, we all thought it wasn't going to happen because Sumin couldn't be such a hypocrite but we were trolled so I guess it has its merits. The point is that from now on it could all go downhill or actually tell an interesting story. If they make Seju a villain that tried to do everything to get in Sungji's way that's going downhill because Seju has done enough already. Trying to seduce Sumin even more is quite possible though. The only reasonable thing to do I would say is for Sungji to finally show what's she's made of and step firmly, telling Sumin she won't tolerate this anymore.

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 3:44PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Would you make Sumin falter a bit more and then go back to Seju and tell her she can't live without her? Where would her love for Sungji go? What would happen to Sungji? Would you make her give Sumin her blessing? What would happen after that? Would there be Sumin x Seju lovely dovey time and Sumin would magically forget all about Sungji and be able to immediately fix her relationship with Seju without any guilt? Or would the story just end there?

To put it simple, if her love for Sungji is stronger she will stay with her. I just don't like how she is with her now because Sungji is the 'right choice'. Because she wants to fix her life and being with Sungji is the solution and a motivation she needs, if u know what I'm trying to say.
I always felt like she had a bit stronger feelings for Seju. Of course their relationship is really damaged, but if she ends with Sungji, it sould be because she loves her more than Seju, not because she wants to start new.
Not that trying to start over is a bad thing, but when it comes to choosing a partner it shouldn't be the case imo.
But last chapter showed a different side of Seju, and I think they did it so that Sumin finally realises who Seju really is and falls out of romantic love with her.

Sungji can't possibly lose her protagonism; it would break the narrative.

The protagonist depends on the reader here I think. Gaji said the fox is whoever the reader wants it to be, so that's the answer.
I personally don't feel like Sungji is the protagonist, nor Seju. It's Sumin imo, and then both Sungji and Seju are equal imo.

joined Jun 9, 2016

But last chapter showed a different side of Seju, and I think they did it so that Sumin finally realises who Seju really is and falls out of romantic love with her.

there no such a thing as fall out of love with seju for sumin . i mean sumin loved seju even after seju cheated on her and her brother beat the hell out of her ! so yeah if that didn't make sumin fall out of love with seju nothing will, with every woman sumin keeps wanting seju again and again for over that 10 !? even when she had sungi she still loves seju as well , so .i think they made seju evil not to make sumin hate her but to make it easier for the fans to support team blonde and have a smooth team blonde endgame without the fanwar the large team pink fans will start ,its like gaji is surrounded them self with no way out for seju but this , and i dont thing team pink endgame is impossible to do if they make an extra effort on the plot .. but kinda doubt that since wdtfs is pretty erotic i was even surprised that they created so much recent chapters with a alot of drama . so yeah its even though i'm team pink , its team blonde endgame for sure unless sumin kept wanting seju after sungji will forgive her eventually and esp with alot of seju family shit , in that case sungji will be the one to let sumin go and i thinks its will be near the end .

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 7:56PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Would you make Sumin falter a bit more and then go back to Sungji and tell her she can't live without her? Where would her love for Seju go? What would happen to Seju? Would you make her give Sumin her blessing? What would happen after that? Would there be Sumin x Sungji lovely dovey time and Sumin would magically forget all about Seju and be able to immediately fix her relationship with Sungji without any guilt? Or would the story just end there?

Switching between Seju and Sungji still makes sense. I'm sorry. XD

Guys who are TeamBlonde fans, are you guys shipping Sumin x Sungji because you are Sumin fans or because you are Sungji fans (or Seju anti-fans :D)? To me, it really is a waste for a woman as good as Sungji to spend the rest of her life living with someone as damaged as Sumin. Sungji can easily live without Sumin, no? Not to mention some insecurities which are highly likely going to happen in their long term.

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 8:35PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Guys who are TeamBlonde fans, are you guys shipping Sumin x Sungji because you are Sumin fans or because you are Sungji fans (or Seju anti-fans :D)? To me, it really is a waste for a woman as good as Sungji to spend the rest of her life living with someone as damaged as Sumin. Sungji can easily live without Sumin, no? Not to mention some insecurities which are highly likely going to happen in their long term.

I would say it is not because they are not really Sungji fans nor because they do not care enough about Sungji's happiness which is why they ship her with Sumin. I guess, in the context that there is no another potential pairing for her, Sungji fans would choose to ship Sungji x Sumin because it would be way better than shipping her with no one. For Seju anti-fans, they may want to ship Sumin x Sungji because they want a toxic scenario happens to Seju. :D

Also, logically speaking, Sungji staying with Sumin has chances of messing up her mind as well. I can't believe someone with Sumin's past won't influence their partner in a bad way too.

It is true, but for what we have seen so far is that Sumin has treated Sungji better and better from day to day, right? In the beginning of their dating, Sumin was pretty cold towards Sungji, yet Sungji could stand all of it. I think TeamBlonde fans do believe in Sumin being fully healed at the end, and with that she will never messes up Sungji's life.

i think they made seju evil not to make sumin hate her but to make it easier for the fans to support team blonde and have a smooth team blonde endgame without the fanwar

The thing is we will never know how badly the author is going to twist Seju. If it is to the point in which Seju will hurt Sungji or something similar, Sumin can hate her and fall out of love with her.

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 10:15PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

there no such a thing as fall out of love with seju for sumin . i mean sumin loved seju even after seju cheated on her and her brother beat the hell out of her ! so yeah if that didn't make sumin fall out of love with seju nothing will, with every woman sumin keeps wanting seju again and again for over that 10 !? even when she had sungi she still loves seju as well , so .i think they made seju evil not to make sumin hate her but to make it easier for the fans to support team blonde and have a smooth team blonde endgame without the fanwar the large team pink fans will start ,its like gaji is surrounded them self with no way out for seju but this , and i dont thing team pink endgame is impossible to do if they make an extra effort on the plot ..

I believe it's possible for Sumin to stop loving Seju romantically at least. Now Sungji supposedly is different that her other exes, so since she has her she can move on from Seju. Also what Oliver said, we don't know how bad Seju will turn from this point on. She can get much more nasty than she has ever been. Especially if she tries hurting Sungji.
But I agree that they did this so TeamBlonde ending is more satisfying in the end, even for TeamPink fans.

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 9:42AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.