Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm gonna miss this so much once it's done ;_;
My heart beats a bit faster everytime i see an update ≥v≤

joined Feb 7, 2016

I am not good with remembering names but my favorite couple in this series is the runner and the manager girl. Lol. Their chemistry is just so...well, MOE? .

Lmao, that's funny because the mangers name is moe

joined May 19, 2016

I feel like Ayaka gets more and more pretty each time I see her... Hmmm.
. Maybe it's just me? And I've always loved Ayaka and Mizuki interactions... They feel so warm. Now Ayaka gets a little backstory. So her situation was like that. No wonder Mizuki is super protective of her... Her mom didn't even let her finish what she was saying! Sure getting high grades and fine education is good and all,But at least appreciate your daughter!

joined Feb 18, 2015

I like the new version of chapter 17 better... Maintaining the distance between them through the race and Moe being the one to break down and run to watch makes for a better story. I really love the love story between those two...

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I also find it interesting how Yurine tries to "push her button" at the end, with her serious face and all, but it no longer works.

So that's what that was! I wasn't really sure. Yurine had a lot of cute expressions except that one time.

kised

…Please kill me. .−.

If there were things that minorly impeded clarity in Chapter 22 would you want to hear about them or just have us be quietly grateful? I was just going to pretend I didn't notice anything because I believe it is technically correct but not a usage I would ever turn to. Maybe it's just me, but I did have to look back to see what the words on the previous page were.

The author's like a kid trying to focus on studying but always gets distracted by pretty much everything else around her IMO

I was under the impression that the other characters helped show how much time was passing during Ayaka and Yurine's game, and that the series might end once these two's story is over. Kind of like Otoyomegatari where Karluk and Amir are the first and the last (presumed), but there's other people in between. I feel like it's much better than a timeskip overall, but not for the reader's patience if they're your favorite and the current pair doesn't even come close.

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 1:54PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So that's what that was! I wasn't really sure. Yurine had a lot of cute expressions except that one time.

Well, that's how I interpret it… Mostly because of that silence just before. As if she was thinking of a way to dissuade her.

If there were things that minorly impeded clarity in Chapter 22 would you want to hear about them or just have us be quietly grateful? I was just going to pretend I didn't notice anything because I believe it is technically correct but not a usage I would ever turn to. Maybe it's just me, but I did have to look back to see what the words on the previous page were.

Go ahead. Anything that would help improve the translation for next time is welcome.

I like the new version of chapter 17 better... Maintaining the distance between them through the race and Moe being the one to break down and run to watch makes for a better story. I really love the love story between those two...

Agreed. I'd really like to have an epilogue with them living together at the end. Or maybe a glimpse of them at university, no longer able to see each other everyday and coping with it, in a later arc…

…And now that I think of it, wouldn't their living together technically make Moe Ayaka's sister-in-law? >.>

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 2:20PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Go ahead. Anything that would help improve the translation for next time is welcome.

I would change Ch. 22 p. 18 from "than you" to "other than you" or "besides you". It might be that the word break especially threw me off, but MS Word says your sentence is grammatically correct.

joined Aug 6, 2015

Alright. Chapter 22. Back to the "main" couple at last. Overall, I enjoyed it, but I feel like 99% of my posts are cynical bitch-fests, so why stop here?

I'm not a huge fan of the overbearing parent trope. It's not used as often as other tropes, but it's still terribly overused. It's a cheap way to explain why a character is the way they are rather than show us why through their actions or reactions. We knew that Ayaka was obsessed with being #1, but we never knew why. Finding out through a passing phone conversation with her mother that that quirk was imposed upon her wasn't very interesting. I'm not a fan of flashbacks, but if you're going to go the overbearing parent route, you need to show us rather than tell us. A flashback would have helped a bit.

Before the phone call, however, Ayaka got some nice introspective dialogue in where she acknowledged some of her faults. I feel like everyone wanted to see something like this, even if you're not a fan of the "main" pairing. It's super necessary for her to realize these faults if she's ever going to progress. I really enjoyed this part of the chapter, and I wish it hadn't been interrupted by that dumb phonecall.

Finally, Yurine following Ayaka into the train even after she'd "given up" on their contest pretty much solidifies what we already knew for a while now. Yurine has started to prioritize Ayaka over her desire to be bested/be normal.

I hope this arc lasts more than 2 chapters, because we got some solid character development here, even if it felt a bit rushed. It'd be a shame if it all got wrapped up in just 1 more chapter.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

You should re-read chapter 1, though. The thing with her mother was already hinted back then, and I think it's rather a good thing that we finally see them interact in the present, even through a phone call. Ayaka's tone and reactions during the call say a lot, already.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, I thought we all knew ages ago that Ayaka was obsessed with being #1 because she thought that's what her mother's love was based on? I've just been waiting for her to either beat Yurine or crack up this entire time.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Weird, Lyendith, the first page isn't the edited version?
Same for page two, I remember you having added the "grip" sfx
And the chapter page is the magazine one too, rather than the volume one
... Actually, were the only changes brought to the uploaded Dynasty chapter the extra pages that were added in? Like, the second half? Despite the other corrections that were made? ;_____; rip
and there isnt a credit page? rip

Yeah, I thought we all knew ages ago that Ayaka was obsessed with being #1 because she thought that's what her mother's love was based on?

Exactly.
Drew8898 legit forgot and ranted about it.

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 4:54PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, I thought we all knew ages ago that Ayaka was obsessed with being #1 because she thought that's what her mother's love was based on?

Exactly.

Ah well, these things happen. I've read all the chapters a couple of times, I don't know if I would remember otherwise. And every time I read them again I'm surprised at how little Ayaka is actually in the manga overall.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I hope this arc lasts more than 2 chapters, because we got some solid character development here, even if it felt a bit rushed. It'd be a shame if it all got wrapped up in just 1 more chapter.

Me too. I'm a bit bored of the narrative jumping everywhere and I can't bring myself to keep interested if there's no consistent "main plot" to hook me onto turning the next page.

joined Aug 6, 2015

Exactly.

It's easy to forget something that's mentioned briefly once and never mentioned again for 21 chapters.

Oh well. My bad, I suppose. I stand by my "show us; don't tell us" stance, though. It seems like her mother's attitude is supposed to be core to Ayaka's personality. It probably would have made her character more interesting to the people who don't like the main couple if why her personality is the way it is had been fleshed out more from the start. 5 little flashback panels with only 2 lines of dialogue from her mother shouldn't be good enough. The author could have shown the difference in her mother's attitude towards her when she was perfect instead of leaving it at the criticism. Can't really tell that Ayaka associates her mother's love with her performance based on criticism alone. You need the other side of the coin.

Better late than never, though. At least we're getting something 21 chapters later.

last edited at Jun 10, 2016 2:58AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Looking for help.

I'd like to go on Dynasty's irc, but the webchat tells me it can't connect. =[ Am I the only one?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Looking for help.

I'd like to go on Dynasty's irc, but the webchat tells me it can't connect. =[ Am I the only one?

Can't join either.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into the IRC issue, and let you know when I find out something for sure or it gets fixed.

UPDATE: Should be fixed now, give it a shot.

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 8:22AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wow, 10.5 was sort of sad.

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

i demand censorship to that hand-holding in chapter 19.5 xD

Hand-holding=Lewd

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

10.5: That girl with the long hair... Is that Chiharu?
15.1: Young Yukina is adorable. Still trying to find Moe in this volume...
19.5: Censor that! O/////O

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Nah, it's just a girl who loved Maya and that she couldn't love back − which repeated with Chiharu. I'm still not quite sure whether Maya reciprocated Chiharu's feelings for her… this chap is a bit ambiguous on that…

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Nah, it's just a girl who loved Maya and that she couldn't love back − which repeated with Chiharu. I'm still not quite sure whether Maya reciprocated Chiharu's feelings for her… this chap is a bit ambiguous on that…

Maya-sempai's popular with the ladies huh? Never thought she'd be the type.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Now I see why Yukina, the wise and gentle and loving gardening club president, put up with the psycho yandere Towako. When they were younger, Towako was the voice of reason. Their dependence on each other was a bit shifted Yukina's way, too. That vignette explains a lot.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Maya-sempai's popular with the ladies huh? Never thought she'd be the type.

When she went away, it was like a girlpocalypse.

To reply you must either login or sign up.