Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

LuxEtVeritas
Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

Those of you who sympathized with and truly supported Seju, you are kind and sensitive souls.
From the beginning of this manhwa, I already disliked Seju. I found her manipulative and, yes, an obstacle to Sumin and Sungji's love. Yes, she made the plot more interesting (otherwise it would be a fluffy budding relationship manhwa) and her background and past have aged us all a few years from the anxiety they produced, but regardless, I believe Seju served her purpose well, of a typical k-drama antagonist.
As someone who watches k-dramas (god why do I even, though?), I saw this ending (and this plot device of flashbacks to that previous chapter) from miles away. A shame Team Gaji fell down this path, but I am also relieved because I do want further explication of Sungji and Sumin's relationship after this shitstorm of a conflict. Perhaps I am too focused on the shipping. We all read for different reasons though.

Either way, Team Pink fans, I hope that the next underdog character you fall in love with does not disappoint you in the end. Seju manipulated everyone, even her fans.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Chapter 55 confirms that Sumin is a worthless shit. A big one. But shippers gonna ship and defend Sumin's action.*cough* hypocrites *cough And here comes the "oh so ever understanding girlfriend" that will forgive and welcome Sumin with open arms. I've seen this coming..I know they'll gonna make Seju's character lonely and pathetic just to make people feel more for Sungji x Sumin. Lol very great plot.

I just find it really hilarious how Sumin who treated Seju like a trash for 10 years for cheating now becomes the cheater herself. And I find it annoying how she'll be forgiven right away. She has everything and most of all a loving gf yet she managed to cheat but will be forgiven quickly vs Seju has all the problems in the world and cheated but then suffered her entire life.

I wanna finish this one till the bitter end lol I'm never expecting a better one anyway.xD

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 8:41AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

The story has not reached an end yet, so it's possible that Seju and Sungji may not be going to lose any single fan by the end. Seju fans will empathize more on why Seju turned aggressive, and Sungji fans will empathize more on why Sungji had to be innocent and pretending that she knew nothing. Some fans are just not in the mood to do so, I guess.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 3:31PM

joined Feb 4, 2016

Seju manipulated everyone, even her fans.

Imo, to say Seju manipulates her fans is bit of a stretch. Many are already fearing/anticipating that she would turn psycho as one of the most viable development, there are plenty clear indications of that throughout the story. But revealing it fully in a cheap and overused setting like this feels rather untasteful and cliche. This is most of the disappointment came from.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

More like Team Gaji.

Honestly, this chapter is not only bad for teamSeju fans, but for everyone. How the hell Sungji is just so apathetic when she caught Sumin cheating? How can she say she will fight for Sumin afer this, so quickly? What good has Sumin done to her than is so strong that Sungji can forgive her like that and still want to be with her?

Smh, Team Gaji that was a very low of them. Creating a character to suffer, make people like her, and then in just one chapter destroy everything. Only to make the main couple seem better. Which doesn not even work tbh, because Sungji accepting all of this just irks me.

What I believe could happen next are two things:
Revelling even more schemings that Seju did in the past, with Sumin's other gfs. Makingher look even shittier. Then maayybe make Seju suffer a lot, only to go from -50% in people's eyes to -25%.
Such childish writing, so shame.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Seju fans will empathize more on why Seju turned aggressive, and Sungji fans will empathize more on why Sungji had to be innocent and pretending that she knew nothing.

Then the people like me who support both is doomed, always double heartbreak T^T /wipeslonelytears/

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Seju fans will empathize more on why Seju turned aggressive, and Sungji fans will empathize more on why Sungji had to be innocent and pretending that she knew nothing.

Then the people like me who support both is doomed, always double heartbreak T^T /wipeslonelytears/

No, you will end up being convinced by both fans, or you yourself will try to empathize them more or try to come up with whatever weird reasons to support the storyline. :D

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Sumin wins the biggest jerk award, and Sungji is an alien from another planet. Meanwhile, for Seju, if there's anything lower than rock bottom, that's where they'll place her. And the couple last chapters about Seju just becomes unnecessary. Way the go team gaji. You've officially taken the K-drama route. So, will anyone get sick and need an organ donor in the end? :3

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

MacySan
Honestly, I see your point. I am going to say that I can sort of understand Seju even though she's being really inconsiderate and manipulative right now. However, Sumin; Sumin was a jerk here.
And about Sungji, if she's going to be that forgiving I will be disappointed. But something tells me Sungji might not be that forgiving... I think she understands Sumin's position but I we still don't know how she is going to react to what Sumin tells her and considering this has more chapters to go I think Sungji will not forgive Sumin from the first go (if she does I don't know, I'm gonna say this is stupid).
I don't think that is going to happen MacySan, it's better not to judge the writing just from this turn of events. Yes, it's cliche but I think it really fits the story and we kind of all saw it coming but couldn't believe it would happen and then it did.
Also, I kind of think Sungji is not being apathetic... have you noticed that after her seeing Sumin and Seju doing it her face isn't shown once? Did you notice the '?!' in her speech? I don't think she's being apathetic... Sungji is not very expressive facially. I believe that in the next chapter we will see her expression of anger/disappointment. And she didn't say she will fight for Sumin, she was just explaining her position, trying to understand what was going on better. I guess it kind of irks me that she is a bit overly understanding and seems too calm but again since we don't see her expression I can't tell... Just think about it, if Sungji forgives Sumin now the story might as well be over. But I don't think she will... I just hope she tells Sumin that she's disappointed or gets angry... or else I'm gonna start sharing your opinion about this comic. Seriously... some stories can start great, you mess them up just a little bit and from great they can turn into awful.

NozoEli_trash
Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Imo, to say Seju manipulates her fans is bit of a stretch. Many are already fearing/anticipating that she would turn psycho as one of the most viable development, there are plenty clear indications of that throughout the story. But revealing it fully in a cheap and overused setting like this feels rather untasteful and cliche. This is most of the disappointment came from.

I already prepared myself in this outcome. And I still think that it's very low to make people(mostly small minded) hate such character just to make the other(s) acceptable. As I see most comments, especially in the fb group for wdtfs, everyone is going gaga over how crazy evil bitch Seju is and feeling great how Sungji will forgive Sumin after the incident like some sort of saint or angel which I just find plain stupidity(oh yes, that's the proper reaction after finding your gf naked with another person). It overshadowed the fact that Sumin cheated. Like seriously people??

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well yes, maybe she won't forgive Sumin righht away. I guess she will be the one who teaches both of them about forgiveness.

Everyone knew that this might happen at some point, but it had been 54 chapters and nothing had happened so far. So when it actually happened and it was revealed, I was still very dissapointed.

Honestly, wdtfs is like the stages you go through when you break up with someone. Literally. Only in this case it's about the characters.
First it's sad and denial (still having hopes for it to go back to normal, which never happens!), then it's suffering because times passes and it's getting worse instead of improving, then you actually start falling out of love and being left with a void in the end.
And then you actually move on. So I guess if that stage can't happen in Sumin, even after Seju was revealed to be this, they're gonna have to completely get rid of Seju. So nice...

I feel like a fool now.

joined Mar 8, 2014

I already prepared myself in this outcome. And I still think that it's very low to make people(mostly small minded) hate such character just to make the other(s) acceptable. As I see most comments, especially in the fb group for wdtfs, everyone is going gaga over how crazy evil bitch Seju is and feeling great how Sungji will forgive Sumin after the incident like some sort of saint or angel which I just find plain stupidity(oh yes, that's the proper reaction after finding your gf naked with another person). It overshadowed the fact that Sumin cheated. Like seriously people??

yeah hopefully that's not the case... honestly, right now, I wouldn't particularly mind if in the end Sungji dumps Sumin... Sumin never fully trusted her and she cheated on her and the worst thing is that even if she can be forgiven and understood as a person Sungji can't be with her if she loves Seju... I will be very disappointed if Sungji just goes back to her right now. I think Sungji needs time to get over this... she didn't only find out Sumin cheated, she saw it with her own eyes. She needs time to shake off that image... and if she's going to be all nice to Sumin then I will think this is either badly written or Sungji doesn't value herself.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Side note: Among all this mess in this chapter, I find it kinda hilarious how Seju was talking to Sungji and her chest was actually showing

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

a) I find it implausible that Seju speak of their relationship with Sumin sleeping on Sunji knees ....

b) Sunji would have to ask Sumin explanations after the revelation of Seju about their relationship

c) I'm not surprised about Seju , although I hoped that she turns out not so bitchy

d ) Sumin has disappointed me most of all . (I never liked that she would accept all those gifts) Already from the previous chapter: She is finally closing with Seju, even if she love both , she was not to give in to the advances of Seju . She not had to do this to Sunji.

e ) Seju is manipulative , but it is enough to justify Sumin , must finally act in a mature way

Ps. Like everyone else, even if I'm not particularly surprised , this chapter has left me disappointed...

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

As I see most comments, especially in the fb group for wdtfs, everyone is going gaga over how crazy evil bitch Seju is and feeling great how Sungji will forgive Sumin after the incident like some sort of saint or angel which I just find plain stupidity(oh yes, that's the proper reaction after finding your gf naked with another person). It overshadowed the fact that Sumin cheated. Like seriously people??

It's funny how many condemned Seju for cheating and is now oh so forgiving about Sumin doing the exact same thing. And Sungji's reaction to the whole situation is just somehow unrealistic (or maybe I just haven't met anyone like her lol) how can you be so understanding and forgiving after witnessing your partner sleeping with another person?

Ava
joined Jun 1, 2016

I'm in team pink and I knew from the beginning that she was like that I'm not disapointed at all
Seju is hated by everybody she don't care about what people think I think what she did now was her last resort to make sumin come back even if she hated her but it didn't work because Sungji is not stupid, Seju asked her to come get her ring so she knows that Seju wanted her to see this so she will ask Sumin to explain herself first and see what to do she will not do the same thing that did sumin and break up with her without listening to what she had to say
I don't say what Seju did is a good thing but I like how she's fighting for what she wants even if this makes her reputation worst

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 4:51PM

Ava
joined Jun 1, 2016

It's funny how many condemned Seju for cheating and is now oh so forgiving about Sumin doing the exact same thing. And Sungji's reaction to the whole situation is just somehow unrealistic (or maybe I just haven't met anyone like her lol) how can you be so understanding and forgiving after witnessing your partner sleeping with another person?

Hmm I'm an alien maybe but after witnessing my partner sleeping with another person I can stop being angry to just listen to what they have to say and decide afterwards If I'll forgive or not
I think if Sumin forgave Seju 10 years ago they would still be together now, its because she didn't believe her that they started having this strange relationship and hurt themselves

joined Mar 8, 2014

As I see most comments, especially in the fb group for wdtfs, everyone is going gaga over how crazy evil bitch Seju is and feeling great how Sungji will forgive Sumin after the incident like some sort of saint or angel which I just find plain stupidity(oh yes, that's the proper reaction after finding your gf naked with another person). It overshadowed the fact that Sumin cheated. Like seriously people??

I already mentioned maybe she's not forgiving, she is just trying to keep her cool and not freak out and we don't see her face and she doesn't move much so it appears she's calm. We all know Sungji is... well... kind of good at pretending... Then you slowly see her trying to get back at Seju and saying she's the pitiful one and then she has that intense bubble speech with the '?!' I think we are being fooled into thinking she's cool but she's not... And well, I have a feeling in the next chapter Sumin will try to explain herself and she will receive the same response from her as she did to Seju back then (more or less). I think Sungji will listen to Sumin but she will tell her she can't go on right now and she will leave like that.
I think Sungji knew Sumin had baggage but she firmly believed Sumin gave her heart and that she didn't actually love Seju anymore. But as she said she was anxious and she feared this might not be the case.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 5:00PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Hmm I'm an alien maybe but after witnessing my partner sleeping with another person I can stop being angry to just listen to what they have to say and decide afterwards If I'll forgive or not
I think if Sumin forgave Seju 10 years ago they would still be together now, its because she didn't believe her that they started having this strange relationship and hurt themselves

um, true, but you can't forgive someone from one day to another; that's the point. Especially after witnessing it, it's not an image that is easy to forget... Every time she touches you you will remember it, I imagine it's pretty hard... enough to keep you awake at night. But this chapter clearly proves my point that Sungji is indeed the protagonist ;)

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 5:02PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

and people! don't give up on the story yet!
most story ideas have been done already! it's how the writer presents them that makes the difference! just one cliche turn of events shouldn't make you feel like it's doomed already! The story was already heading toward that direction. It kind of hinted that it was going to be different but it wasn't... The characters might seem very one dimensional here but I think they will come around Seju has always been a bit manipulative... they already showed her in that flashback, right? that was long ago... But Sumin is changing, she's ehem* speaking* kinder (even though she's a cheater)... Seju might realize what she did wrong and Sungji will become more assertive.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 5:07PM

Tumblr_nwl27ntzmv1tjyeywo1_250
joined Sep 15, 2015

Imo, after reading that chapter I think the best way to resolve everything and bring back my reading enjoyment would be for Sungji to leave Sumin and just have the rest of the story about Sungji finding someone who actually treats her how she deserves.

joined Mar 8, 2014

I'm in team pink and I knew from the beginning that she was like that I'm not disapointed at all
Seju is hated by everybody she don't care about what people think I think what she did now was her last resort to make sumin come back even if she hated her but it didn't work because Sungji is not stupid, Seju asked her to come get her ring so she knows that Seju wanted her to see this so she will ask Sumin to explain herself first and see what to do she will not do the same thing that did sumin and break up with her without listening to what she had to say
I don't say what Seju did is a good thing but I like how she's fighting for what she wants even if this makes her reputation worst

honestly, I don't like this of Seju... I don't think it's something admirable, I think it's very low.
Also I doubt Sungji knew that was going to happen. It's not strange for her to go pick up the ring. I think Sungji was surprised and while it didn't come out of nowhere I truly think she hoped it wasn't going to happen. If she's just going to tell Sumin that she knew this might happen and she decided to stay by her side anyway because she cares about her and she understands that she felt confused and also loved Seju and yada yada yada I'm going to be like:
=.=
I think Sungji will listen and I don't think she will just break up with Sumin on the spot but I don't think she will just stay with her after listening she will probably leave and avoid Sumin for a while. I don't imagine she'd have seen this and the next day be like "team leader, lets go on a date!" =.=

joined Mar 8, 2014

Imo, after reading that chapter I think the best way to resolve everything and bring back my reading enjoyment would be for Sungji to leave Sumin and just have the rest of the story about Sungji finding someone who actually treats her how she deserves.

ahahahahahahahahahaha, I kind of thought that too to be honest >.>

Ava
joined Jun 1, 2016

honestly, I don't like this of Seju... I don't think it's something admirable, I think it's very low.
Also I doubt Sungji knew that was going to happen. It's not strange for her to go pick up the ring. I think Sungji was surprised and while it didn't come out of nowhere I truly think she hoped it wasn't going to happen. If she's just going to tell Sumin that she knew this might happen and she decided to stay by her side anyway because she cares about her and she understands that she felt confused and also loved Seju and yada yada yada I'm going to be like:
=.=

I didn't say sungji knew but if X tells me to come pick up something and when I come I see him doing smthing I'll think that they wanted me to see it because Seju knew sungji will come cause she asked her to come so she wanted her to see that and sungji knew that seju knew that she will come and did it anyway so she knows that she wanted her to see that (I dunno if you understand what I wanted to say here :x )

I think Sungji will listen and I don't think she will just break up with Sumin on the spot but I don't think she will just stay with her after listening she will probably leave and avoid Sumin for a while. I don't imagine she'd have seen this and the next day be like "team leader, lets go on a date!" =.=

I think Sungji will tell her to clear her mind before comming back to her
(And I think sumin was drunk I'm not sure)
But if sumin tells her that she went to Seju's office to cut ties with her because she still loves her maybe Sungji will understand and forgive her ? She just quit the compagny for Sungji maybe its worth forgiving ?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Fair enough. However it would be pretty stupid if Sungji forgives Sumin instantly after hearing her excuse.

Well that's what usually happens after such incident. The trust is broken, and it's not easy to rebuild. Sumin just couldn't trust Seju anymore. And what made it worse is both of them just burried that part of their life somewhere without ever resolving it for good.

Faylicia

I just kind of assumed that she would be forgiving straight away. but I would like it if Sungji do it like what you said, not instantly after Sumin finished explaining herself. That Sungji will take sometime on her own to consider things first. Even better, Sungji forgives Sumin but tell Sumin that she can no longer be in a relationship with her, and just move on.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 5:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.