Forum › The Secret Shokolad discussion

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I'm not complaining either way, but are we getting this now because of the order in which the scanners obtained the books, or did tMnR go back and write confession drama after making lovey-dovey couple books?

Just to be clear on this one, yes, tMnR has not released these books in chronological order. The scanlation release order should more or less follow the release order, and the aforementioned chronological order is from a twitter post she made earlier this month.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Not my fave pairing but damn, this is awesome! I want moarr

thegreatkarima
joined Feb 2, 2015

I've been waiting for this like forever. Thank you. Thank you so much, Girls in Boxes. You made my day.

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

Just to be clear on this one, yes, tMnR has not released these books in chronological order. The scanlation release order should more or less follow the release order, and the aforementioned chronological order is from a twitter post she made earlier this month.

Cool, thanks!

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 8:04PM

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

Not my fave pairing but damn, this is awesome! I want moarr

Gonna admit to being a filthy secondary for a good number of series and say that while I certainly enjoy a good doujin about a couple I like, I mainly enjoy a lot of doujin for being good romance/fluff in their own right. Like I'm not big on Nanoha, but I really like some of MekiMeki's stuff for being cute comics about two moms and a kid, something you don't see a lot of in original works.

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

... It's also still confusing that it's her Twitter handle and not tMnR/Yuki no Hitohira.

I've been a fan of Yukiiti for years now and I didnt realized the time she changed(?) her name to tMnR?

I'm glad I haven't read her other doujins except the Deep Blue Sea one, such a lucky one.
Thank you very much GiB for the release. Yukiiti gives me so much life.. cries softly in the corner
So I'm goin to Japan next year and was wondering how can I get her autograph..? ;;_;;

joined Feb 23, 2016

Give me more!! (ノ・Д・)ノ |____|

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

... It's also still confusing that it's her Twitter handle and not tMnR/Yuki no Hitohira.

I've been a fan of Yukiiti for years now and I didnt realized the time she changed(?) her name to tMnR?

She's signed all of her books as tMnR (pronounced "Tomonori"). I suspect the Yukiiti part came from someone needing to categorise a Twitter sketch of hers and not knowing otherwise. (It's her Twitter username, but even her display name on Twitter is tMnR)...

I'm glad I haven't read her other doujins except the Deep Blue Sea one, such a lucky one.
Thank you very much GiB for the release. Yukiiti gives me so much life.. cries softly in the corner
So I'm goin to Japan next year and was wondering how can I get her autograph..? ;;_;;

Be very polite at an event she goes to. :P

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

i like how everyone is like WHAT'S THE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER well obviously you didn't read afterword then

Ds0fuaz%20copy
joined Feb 24, 2014

Her art is just so amazing...I really want to buy these in hard copy but I live in Australasia....sigh.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Her art is just so amazing...I really want to buy these in hard copy but I live in Australasia....sigh.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I live in Australia too... Look up forwarding companies. Some will even do the purchasing for you if you can't navigate the Japanese.

I'm not really an Eri x Umi fan but the art is so nice and it's just so cute guhhh

LMAO

13923653_1771515986467116_552673524643254779_o
joined Mar 16, 2016

OMG FIINNAAALLYYYYY.... now i must endure to wait the vol 2... you're the best Yukiti san ( ^o^)/

Ds0fuaz%20copy
joined Feb 24, 2014

I live in Australia too... Look up forwarding companies. Some will even do the purchasing for you if you can't navigate the Japanese.

OH!! I didn't even know those existed. Thank you ^^

I will give it a try. Thank you. Really excited now.

last edited at May 1, 2016 5:31AM

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

This is a good day to be alive.
Also, does anyone know the chronological order of all Yukiiti's EriUmi doujins? How many of them still untranslated?

From the release post:

Deep Blue Sea Like Me –> The Secret Shokolad (vol. 1) [this one!] –> The Secret Shokolad (vol. 2) [coming soon!] –> Fortunate Re”lation [re-release of Fortunate Relation; not yet scanlated] –> Your Straightforward Expression –> passion –> her next planned release.

I hope these doujins can be put in one series and in chronological order too so it would be much easier to follow through and easier to read too

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This is a good day to be alive.
Also, does anyone know the chronological order of all Yukiiti's EriUmi doujins? How many of them still untranslated?

From the release post:

Deep Blue Sea Like Me –> The Secret Shokolad (vol. 1) [this one!] –> The Secret Shokolad (vol. 2) [coming soon!] –> Fortunate Re”lation [re-release of Fortunate Relation; not yet scanlated] –> Your Straightforward Expression –> passion –> her next planned release.

I hope these doujins can be put in one series and in chronological order too so it would be much easier to follow through and easier to read too

Though they're technically related, they don't exactly fall into one series basket as easily as you might think. What would you call it, for example? There's no nice grouping, really. Additionally, they are obviously not required to be read in chronological order - they weren't released that way, after all! tMnR simply put up that chronological order list on her Twitter to sate some curiosities, I imagine.

That said, I will defer to the wisdom of drpepperfan and others. :p

Profileaavatar
joined Mar 22, 2016

That "Extra Sugar" art on page 31... <3

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

There's something I don't understand. What's Alisa's problem?

Dragontempinvert
joined Jul 20, 2015

Hmmm, I'm wondering why the name says Shokolad when the katakana would probably mean chocolate.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

There's something I don't understand. What's Alisa's problem?

Be patient for chapter two, my friend.

Hmmm, I'm wondering why the name says Shokolad when the katakana would probably mean chocolate.

"Probably", except that it definitely does not?

I mean, it does in a sense that "Shokolad" is Russian for chocolate (and I would've hoped the story context + similarity to the English word made that clear), but シャカラート is certainly not チョコレート.

シャカラート is a Japanese pronunciation of шоколад , which can be romanised as "Shokolad". I decided to keep the Russian word rather than completely translate it to English because I think it's a cute little hint of story flavour, is relevant in chapter two, and because Japanese readers would likewise be like "Hmm, what's this word mean? It's kinda similar to チョコレート, maybe it's something similar? Ah and there's Russian language there... must be Russian." Evoking the same reaction in English seemed pretty nice to me!

last edited at May 6, 2016 7:34PM

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

tMnR's EliUmi are such adorable goofs.

C2
joined Apr 3, 2016

Haha sisters. Anyways this was way too cute, thanks for this.

joined Feb 9, 2015

I can see the author is very familiar with what Russians like in their sweets. I appreciate that. Not every artist does their research properly, that's some real dedication for you.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I can see the author is very familiar with what Russians like in their sweets. I appreciate that. Not every artist does their research properly, that's some real dedication for you.

This was also referenced in Eli's text to Alisa. I hope I romanised it correctly...!

To reply you must either login or sign up.