Forum › Non-yuri anime/manga with lesbian/bi character/yuri couple/subtext ?

joined Apr 30, 2016

You know like ritsu/mio, mado/homu.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Senran Kagura has a few

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You want #NoHomo kind of yuri?
There's lucky star...Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru and...Maybe Aria.
Why would want yuri not yuri ?

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Nekogami Yaoyorozu. Lots of great coupling played for laughs mostly.

Sanae and Shinka in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai. Good subtext.

Rinne no Lagrange for great threesome coupling.

Yuuki Yuna wa Yuusha de Aru is good subtext and mild within a larger story.

Re-Kan! has great subtext between main character and best friend.

Shiryaku! Ika-musume has lots of nice subtext.

And of course the subtext and funny in YuYuShiki is great.

I wouldn't consider any of those anime yuri, but they do have a yuri element to them.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Symphogay

joined Apr 30, 2016

Thank you all !

(Sorry if my english is weird I'm french)

Serenata < Because I already know all yuri anime, now I'm craving for finding news pairings to ship. Also I love as much pairings from non-yuri anime (my favorites are ritsu/mio, kagami/konata and torako/touma from hyakko), subtext are cute and non-canon couple have a lot of doujin so it makes me happy.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 8:12AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Chuunibyou demo Koi!!!!!! OMG how did I forget that? That's the best yuri not yuri couple lol
I see :0

2015-01-21%2018.42.01%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2015

~Yozakura Quartet~
There was this blue haired cat girl and a another girl with glasses.
spoilers for what they get up to... cat girl and glasses girl are side characters and they can be seen holding hands in some of the first episodes (thats some lewd shit right there)...then they get up to even for shenanigans one day when glasses girl can't control her magic power and cat girl has to kiss her to stop the magic (this is the most lewd shit i have ever heard of)...and then after all that they have a pool episode and we get to see everyone in their swimsuits, i swear to god this scene come out of no were but...cat girl gets pined to the ground in her soft white swimsuit and glasses girl licks her cute little chest~ (10000% lewd) i'm probably forgetting some other stuff but thats about it, i'm sure you've all seen gifs and stuff of it, form some place or another.

EDIT: i found the gif i was referring to http://i.imgur.com/gGPBq56.gif
(i'll leave it as a link for spoilers sake)

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 8:43AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Airing right now is Anne Happy, there's subtext + one canon gay girl crush
I've heard that Haifuri has yuri ships, tho I haven't watched it myself
Tanaka-kun has a yuri couple too, which is revealed a bit after the first eps

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Kanamemo was straight up yuri wasn't it? But most of the Super lesbian stuff was going on more in the background

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

There is a tag here called "lesbian side-couple" on the site that probably fits what you're looking for, though there's only like 2 different stories tagged with it I think.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Norainhere posted:

There is a tag here called "lesbian side-couple" on the site that probably fits what you're looking for, though there's only like 2 different stories tagged with it I think.

That has outright yuri couples within a larger story. I think they'd find what they want there plus Subtext and Yuri crush

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Anime:

Azumanga Daioh
Tanaka-kun
Jormungand
Psycho Pass
Selector Spread WIXOSS
Yuyushiki
Black Rock Shooter
Canaan
Devilman Lady
Hibike! Euphonium
Gintama
Kantai Collection
Love Lab
Michiko to Hatchin
Noir (questionable but I believe)
Persona 4 The Animation
Read or Die the TV
Red Garden
Rolling Girls (background characters that only show up a few episodes)
Shigofumi (a couple that shows up a few episodes)
Diebuster
Uta Kata

Manga:

Shingeki no Kyojin
Hourou Musuko

Honestly there is almost too much to keep track of, I'm sure I'm not even aware of some.
Not all of them are necessarily enjoyable couples/characters to watch so be prepared.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 6:45PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

An awful lot of current production, I'd say. Seems to me that for a country that is very tentative regarding homosexuality, japan sure love to ship tease girls together in many manga/animes/vn/whatever. Issue is that it rarely go beyond ship-teasing and subtext. :/

anime that I didn't see mentioned so far : Kyoukai senjou no horizon, which has an actual lesbian couple as side characters. Also, it's a great anime (and good LN if you're in a reading mood, though only a few volumes are actually translated and the style is sometimes... lacking)

And bodacious space pirates, actual lesbians side couple and main characters have strong subtext going on.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yoku_Wakaru_Gendai_Mahou
I forgot this one, very good but idk if you will find doujins

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

this list
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6799-ultimate-yuri-anime-list

I pushed a lot of anime NOT TAGGED AS YURI WITH yuri side-characters.

Worth checking out, theres stuff there that you might have never known had yuri.

or... i could just post em here when i have time to go through it...

last edited at May 2, 2016 12:52AM

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

I'm not really understanding the topic right now. I mean, most of the things we ship aren't really from yuri anime but they were so obvious that it is literally marked as a yuri anime even though it's not. I mean, Touhou? Madoka? Nanoha? It just screams Gay. But is that considered a yuri anime or not?

Anyway, I'll just give you what I think could be classified as a non-yuri anime.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon has two lesbian witches, but it's only in subtext and the characters are only minor so you don't really notice it. I haven't seen season 2 yet but they acted kinda Gay in the first season.

Prison School has a yuri development between the underground and above ground StuCo Presidents. It hasn't been shown in the anime yet, though.

D-Frag 'kinda' had a yuri vibe between the kouhai and the little sister, but that's probably a friendship vibe and I'm just getting my hopes up. Don't take me up on that. Just saying.

Girl Meets Girl is kinda a weird anime. I mean, it's yuri. But it's not yuri. But it's still yuri. Even though it's not really- ugh this is confusing.

Nijirou Days has a lesbian in it, but sadly the girl she loves, loves another.

Love Live, idolm@ster, Aikatsu. I don't really need to explain this, do I?

As for Manga, oh boy there's a lot. I'll just list out a few that I can remember.

Arachnid, my most favourite series has an overly attached classmate who steals and sniffs the protagonist's panties. Really recommend it if you haven't read it.

Young Gun Carnival has one of the protagonists who is dating a girl. They're a full fledged couple and it shows a lot so I don't really think this to be subtext.

Kuzu no Honkai is angsty af and the girl's classmate is in love with her. And they do things. Very very fun things. But the Manga isn't fun. Just saying...

Horimiya is the same, as some girl is in love with the main girl. But they don't so stuff, which is a bummer. And it's not really going to happen.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko has a loving bond between the two childhood friends (the girls, not the main guy) but that's probably just friendship. What a shame.

There's what I can remember at a drop of a hat. There's loads more but it's like 3 in the morning so yeah.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon its not subtext, they are an actual couple.

Nijirou Days, the lesbian will fall for the guy who keeps blocking her from the girl. its been STRONGLY hinted. i.e. she is the man-hating-lesbian who will find out how good men can be with this guy.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AshuraX posted:

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon has two lesbian witches, but it's only in subtext and the characters are only minor so you don't really notice it. I haven't seen season 2 yet but they acted kinda Gay in the first season.

They are a legit couple, kiss and even have pretty big subplot in second season so it is worth watching just for that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.