Forum › Gakkou Gurashi! discussion

Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

Two damaged minds, one zombi wannabe, it's down to one more person. I wonder what will the author do to Miki.

joined Apr 1, 2013

When's the next chapter!!! its already past March and middle of April!! Im expecting the new chapter to release soon hopefully..

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

"Everything will turn out fine."

YOU JUST HAD TO SAY IT, DIDNT YOU

THATS IT. WE DEAD.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I can't help but feel that the quality of Gakku Gurashi has dropped sharply after the school arc.

The new characters still don't seem to be important, I still don't get the dynamics between the two factions and why in blazes the melee crew thinks that the new arrivals are responsible for the death of four-eyes, or why they are after the bookworm. Maybe it's the translation but some of the dialogues don't make much sense and most of the reactions are just over the top. People you know have a short fuse trap you in the library? Better freak out over a dropped cigarette. Yeah, that's what you should do.

The really exciting issues somehow just seem to peter out or to be on the back burner.

Meh, and I'm really trying to like this new arc.

last edited at Apr 23, 2016 9:31AM

joined Oct 21, 2013

One by one, that other group's getting their comeuppance. Serves them right.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Holy fuck.

What the fuck.

That scene when Kurumi walked away.

Fuck, that was brutal

Like damn, the darkest chapter since probably Megu-nee arc...

Kurimi being torn down really hit me in the feel.

Kurumi please be OK. I means wow, she used ot be a cool sport girl. But I didn't realise how stunningly beautiful she is.

Damn

Edit: so yeah in summary, it was me being torn by how tragic that moment, and how stunningly beautiful Kurumi is. She is shotting right up to be my favourite character of all time now

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 6:26AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Now...

She lose it...

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Great, now she left because of this stupid asshole.

And, no, Goggled Anon, she hasn't. That's why it worse than if she has.

By the way, SERVES YOU RIGHT, ASSHOLE WITH A STUPID HAT!! I DON'T HAVE ANY EMPATHY FOR YOU! HAHAHA!

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 12:37PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

No way that Kurumi will leave her 2 best friends and her adorable kouhai in danger, right? I means she know the other group is ambushing and attacking them, and she is the only fighter of the whole group. I means it's within the fourth article of School Live club for members to help each other!!

On constructive comment, I think the translation could be tuned a bit more. Like the part:
- Cap guy: We should always be safe. Someone died here
- Kurumi: what?
- Cap Guy: It's too bad. really
- Kurumi: There is only this. Anymore.
- Cap guy: There is only this. That is not

I don't have the raw, but I guess the conversation should be something like:
- Cap guy: This is for our safety. Someone already died (because of you) (or "One of us have to die here")
- Kurumi: What do you means?
- Cap Guy: This can't be helped, really
- Kurumi: Is fighting the only option (or "don't make me do this"). I can't continue it anymore.
- Cap guy: That is our only option

...or something along the line

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 12:45PM

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

This is looking very ugly. No. Please not like this...

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

things continue to not be fine

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

Part of me still hopes for a happy ending to this series, but I'm starting to think it won't shake out that way... T-T don't die Kurumi!

joined Oct 21, 2013

Chapter 45 is missing on the reader btw.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Danggg Kurumi.. that was cold blooded!! I loved it. This is why she's my favorite.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

it hurts me to see Kurumi in so much pain :(

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Argh! This is stressing me out so much! I want a happy ending for everyone! :(

joined Oct 30, 2015

;~; Huehuehuehue.. Okoook..okkkkkk! I'm ready for the emotion-mix! Which chapter does the Anime stop off at? Ch. 30?

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Danggg Kurumi.. that was cold blooded!! I loved it. This is why she's my favorite.

It was sort of a "him or me" scenario, really.

I'm wondering how this is going to play out with Kurumi, though. I have a hard time believing that she would end up going full zombie in this series or getting killed off, but she seems to pretty clearly be a sentient zombie at this point. Perhaps that "cure" that she and that helicopter pilot took only preserves the mind while not actually curing anything? Or are they going to pull some crap where she's just has zombie powers but is otherwise immune?

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

I'm wondering how this is going to play out with Kurumi, though. I have a hard time believing that she would end up going full zombie in this series or getting killed off, but she seems to pretty clearly be a sentient zombie at this point. Perhaps that "cure" that she and that helicopter pilot took only preserves the mind while not actually curing anything? Or are they going to pull some crap where she's just has zombie powers but is otherwise immune?

^^^TBH I want for this to be the thing, then it could mean she could use the zombies to her advantage and be a badass zombie leader and also help the girls get a happy ending

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

^^^TBH I want for this to be the thing, then it could mean she could use the zombies to her advantage and be a badass zombie leader and also help the girls get a happy ending

Yeah, that would be nice, but from a storytelling perspective it would be a little TOO helpful. The whole point of a zombie apocalypse in storytelling is that you must struggle to survive in a world where the odds are stacked HARD against you. Everyone is desperate and death and despair loom constantly. If the heroes become too powerful, you lose that.

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

KURUMI!! STAY STRONG!! STAY HUMAN PLEASE!! AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!! I CAN'T WAIT ; A ;!!
Take me to Japan damn it, I don't care if the mangas raw there!!!

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

She isn't gonna be a super zombie, don't you guys remember what happened to the teacher? The author isn't above having the girls kill her, I think if it comes down to it, Kurumi will also be disposed of. She's losing her mind by minutes, and I'm starting to lose mine to imagining what will happen in the next chapter.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

;~; Huehuehuehue.. Okoook..okkkkkk! I'm ready for the emotion-mix! Which chapter does the Anime stop off at? Ch. 30?

Yeah chapter 30, but the anime cut out a lot of really nice detail, and some of character-building moments as well. So if you only watched the anime before, reread the whole thing. Believe me. This is one of the manga where you can realise how significant the tone is changed from manga to anime

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

She isn't gonna be a super zombie, don't you guys remember what happened to the teacher? The author isn't above having the girls kill her, I think if it comes down to it, Kurumi will also be disposed of. She's losing her mind by minutes, and I'm starting to lose mine to imagining what will happen in the next chapter.

No way. No way.

I believe Kurumi is the most popular girl in this series through, it will take balls for the author to kill her off. And it will take some massive genius to maintain audiences' interests when one of their favorite character is killed off. That is suicidal

That maniac of an author better not doing it. God damn it. Kurumi :(

joined Oct 21, 2013

Kurumi's just embarking on a long field trip.
And the rest of the gang will look for her and eventually find her buck naked with dirt and grime all over her and busy chewing some disgusting rotten meat off some zombie bones with a deranged look on her face, in a dank and filthy lair strewn with more bones, brains, intestines and other innards, and dismembered (courtesy of shovel-kun), half-eaten zombie limbs.

She'll stutter, "D-Don't look at me!" as she covers her face with her hands and sobbing uncontrollably, while everyone else vomits in disgust and horror.

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 11:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.