Forum › Black Goat and the Powerful Drug Madeleine discussion

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strange_babies

Heh, this was really cute and original for once! Don't think I've read this kind of plot in yuri before :-)
I can identify with the goat more though xD

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 10:30PM by drpepperfan

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That was adorable, love it!

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

it said here prequel. prequel to which story?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

It's the prequel to http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strange_babies which hasn't been translated yet though.

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

oic....thanks.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

I wish the sequel will arrive soon.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

'I became a goat! And so we dance.'

...Gold.

joined Apr 5, 2016

That was adorable !

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Oh my word, it's like, streamer romance. The manga's really sweet and dorky but I think I'd wince if I'd encountered it for real. Imagine the chat window! It would be like a waterfall of emojis and lascivious comments, accusations of putting on a show for views etc. Someone would post a reaction video on Youtube...

I'm guessing I just need to get off Twitch and go somewhere else.

Anyhoo, I'm killing the vibe. This was great. I'm thrilled to have more Ohsawa Yayoi.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

So... is this like the Japanese version of Twitch? But instead of streaming video games they dance and say dorky stuff into the camera?

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

There's also YouNow, which is more of a generalist streaming platform. I know a couple of musicians who use it to perform live to their fans.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

It's the prequel to http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strange_babies which hasn't been translated yet though.

Would you happen to know where I can get Raws for it? :)
I really want to read the sequel :D

last edited at Apr 5, 2016 11:43AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

reaction video on YouTube
YouNow

The horror.

I'm really curious what the plot of the sequel could be. Right now it feels like everything has been resolved.

joined May 3, 2015

SO CUTE I CAN'T

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

reaction video on YouTube
YouNow

The horror.

I'm really curious what the plot of the sequel could be. Right now it feels like everything has been resolved.

Maybe it's just going to follow their webshows?

joined Jun 12, 2015

"Wife and wife."

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Strange babies... Occult goats... Powerful drugs... I think I see where this is going...

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

yuri happened because of dank memes. now i can say i saw everything

joined Jun 17, 2014

..cute

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh, the cover to that looks really cute
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=37178829
It's kinda cool to see the author's lineart, and that Yagi was drawn with goat legs in the first cover draft xD

So the same story was published in two different collections?

last edited at Apr 5, 2016 3:26PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Spoiler alert:

There are no powerful acid trips, supernatural goats or homemade science babies. Sorry to disappoint.

On a more serious note, here's the rundown of the next 5 chapters (the whole series) for those who may be interested:

Yagi Meiko and Kirara Madoka (their real names) are stalked by a longtime fan of Yagi's, who happens to be a first year at their school. The enthusiastic stalker is introduced as Koko-chan, and she brings an aloof accomplice named Alice with her. Koko-chan, annoyed at Mado-chan's sudden closeness to Yagi, attempts to wedge her way in between their relationship. Mado-chan is unaware of this "master plan" while Yagi is delighted to have new friends after having been a loner for so long.

Koko-chan is shown to be clingy and hyper, which only ends up creating a distance between Yagi and Mado-chan. Eventually, Koko-chan decides to jump the gun and confess to Yagi, who is conflicted because she has never been confessed to (BY A GRILL, NONETHELESS). She decides that she WANTS to consult with Mado-chan, but never ends up finding the courage to tell her about the confession. So yes, Mado-chan is completely in the dark about the whole Koko-chan having feelings for Yagi thing. MEANWHILE, to make things worse, Mado-chan (vaguely aware of her feelings for Yagi) and Yagi make a promise to stay together forever. Yagi has no clue about how gay Mado-chan's proposal is.

FOR SOME REASON, Yagi is inspired by Mado-chan's proposal of staying together forever... and decides to accept Koko-chan's confession. They start going out and Koko-chan wastes no time to subtly rub this in Mado-chan's face. Mado-chan is of course, heartbroken, crushed and greatly confused for pretty obvious reasons. Koko-chan becomes even clingier, forcing Yagi and Mado-chan farther apart than ever. Koko-chan and Yagi go on a date later, where everything reminds Yagi of Mado-chan, but she is STILL unaware of her feelings for Mado-chan.

Later on in the story, the group of four take a trip to some beach (I skimmed through the last two chapters) and film themselves while they're there. As Yagi and Koko-chan are about to make a broadcast (I think), Mado-chan can no longer keep her feelings in check and breaks down. She reveals that she is in pain (emotionally) because Yagi is going out with Koko-chan. She also confesses her feelings for Yagi, and thought that Yagi had felt the same way. Mado-chan runs off, believing her "temper tantrum" to be a bother to the rest of the group. The remaining three girls go out and try to find Mado-chan, and Koko-chan is the one to find her.

They go home, Yagi chastises herself for not noticing Mado-chan's feelings earlier, and they remain distant. At school, Yagi and Koko-chan are eating lunch alone. Koko-chan tries to throw herself onto Yagi, and unaware of Yagi's feelings for Mado-chan, sparks something within Yagi by telling her to be honest with her feelings. Yagi takes this unintentional advice to heart and runs off to Mado-chan's house ... without even properly breaking up with Koko-chan. After a brief exchange, Mado-chan and Yagi make up with a kiss.

That's basically how it goes.

joined Sep 21, 2014

^ uh do you have a short, spoiler free summary of what it's about? Is it just one shots or are they all connected?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Spoiler alert:

There are no ... homemade science babies. Sorry to disappoint.

UNSUBSCRIBED

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

^ uh do you have a short, spoiler free summary of what it's about? Is it just one shots or are they all connected?

Umm, there are two other characters introduced (as you can see in the cover... one is mostly irrelevant though) and a love triangle ensues. That's all I can really say that's as spoiler free as possible.

I just read the raws and few translated chapters from the Yuri Project board, so I'm not too sure on the details regarding publications and all, but the chapter we are discussing in this thread is related to a one shot. This is a prequel to another series called Strange Babies, which follows Yagi, Madeleine and two other characters as mentioned above. Strange Babies has a total of 5 chapters as far as I'm aware.

last edited at Apr 5, 2016 3:42PM by Nezchan

joined Sep 21, 2014

Umm, there are two other characters introduced (as you can see in the cover... one is mostly irrelevant though) and a love triangle ensues. That's all I can really say that's as spoiler free as possible.

I just read the raws and few translated chapters from the Yuri Project board, so I'm not too sure on the details regarding publications and all, but the chapter we are discussing in this thread is related to a one shot. This is a prequel to another series called Strange Babies, which follows Yagi, Madeleine and two other characters as mentioned above. Strange Babies has a total of 5 chapters as far as I'm aware.

Well I don't really get it but it's nice to know that they're translating the rest
Haha I didn't realise that it was Madeleine on the cover, the hair threw me off
The other two girls look kinda cool/badass, so I'll look forward to this

To reply you must either login or sign up.