Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined May 3, 2015

I'm so glad Onoda finally has a partner.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I can feel it, smell it and see it. Four-eyes is gonna be atracted to blondie.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Does anybody remember if has happened before? Iirc, this is the first time

I'm gonna reread today so I'll keep an eye out for any similar situations with Onada and get back to you on how they panned out.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Not the same exact thing, but before she started to be friends with Miyoshi, Chie, etc. she was shown thinking they're just noisy and careless/dumb, which is a judgment she has and will continue to revise as she gets to know them.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Not the same exact thing, but before she started to be friends with Miyoshi, Chie, etc. she was shown thinking they're just noisy and careless/dumb, which is a judgment she has and will continue to revise as she gets to know them.

Oh yes, there is that. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have curbed her habit of making nasty snap judgements about people. Hopefully she's about to get an arc of character development.

joined Mar 29, 2016

Please, don't stop update >.<

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I can feel it, smell it and see it. Four-eyes is gonna be atracted to blondie.

Probably, though I kinda hope not, it would be way too similar to Honoka and the american girl in my opinion...

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Onoda is not a great person. Like, I get that she's consumed with anxiety and jealousy but jeez girl maybe try to be a bit less vindictive?

I know right? All the other girls are so fun and playful but when there's a chapter about her I just kinda sigh and trudge on. She's so very judgmental and rude for no reason, like she needs to try and relax and stop being such a downer all the time.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

She's gotta grow up. She's still a kid.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh yes, there is that. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have curbed her habit of making nasty snap judgements about people. Hopefully she's about to get an arc of character development.

Oh no, I know that, but I meant a situation where she is confronted by and realises how petty and hateful she is towards people
She's probs gonna get more chapters to herself and change, it wouldn't make sense to introduce characters like her and Honoka without reason/going anywhere

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 5:37PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I don't think I've read a single chapter starring Nao and not cringed slightly.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Nao's like, this intensely exhibitionist, thrillseeker and overly the top version of Ayame 14
Like her character design's cute, but I'm not exactly sure what the point of her character is, besides giving us a glimpse at a "young girl's sexual curiosity". Like yes, ofc girls take an interest in sex and similar topics around this age, but meh, the way hers is... shown. Idk, it's just so not legit, idk how else to put this

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 6:50PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Nao's like, this intensely exhibitionist, thrillseeker and overly the top version of Ayame 14
Like her character design's cute, but I'm not exactly sure what the point of her character is, besides giving us a glimpse at a "young girl's sexual curiosity". Like yes, ofc girls take an interest in sex and similar topics around this age, but meh, the way hers is... shown. Idk, it's just so not legit, idk how else to put this

Every Nao chapter inevitably results in me going "Daaaaaaaamn, girl needs to get a partner stat she is seriously pent up."

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

her fingering her belly button was so awkward I couldn't help but laugh

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Really, most bitter and emotionally stunted introverts could benefit from being yanked bodily out of their comfort zone by an extrovert and a lot of them secretly wish they would be which is why the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope exists.

Yes. Although most of the other introverts, the non-bitter, non-emotionally-stunted ones that you were not talking about, could not benefit from such and indeed would likely be traumatized by it. And for that matter, there's an anti-trope to that which is less common in fiction because it makes less flashy scenes (although we do see it), in which extroverts with loud but empty, meaningless lives benefit from being pulled out of their comfort zone by thoughtful introverts.
I don't wanna suggest you were implying any such thing, but there is a tendency out there for introversion to be treated as a problem just in and of itself and I don't think that's a valid or healthy approach.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Can we add a "what the fuck" tag to this ch....I mean seriously what exactly does playing with your belly button supposed to do!???

joined Jan 18, 2016

It's a loading of virgin's Empire, hooray!

joined Jan 18, 2016

Can we add a "what the fuck" tag to this ch....I mean seriously what exactly does playing with your belly button supposed to do!???

Make you feel excited? I dunno. If it works for her...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

The point is not "bellybutton, lewd !", it's touching herself somewhere "private" in the classroom. She obviously wanted to go further down but didn't dare and settled for something more proper, but that still gave her a kick out of doing something she's not supposed to be.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Really, most bitter and emotionally stunted introverts could benefit from being yanked bodily out of their comfort zone by an extrovert and a lot of them secretly wish they would be which is why the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope exists.

Yes. Although most of the other introverts, the non-bitter, non-emotionally-stunted ones that you were not talking about, could not benefit from such and indeed would likely be traumatized by it. And for that matter, there's an anti-trope to that which is less common in fiction because it makes less flashy scenes (although we do see it), in which extroverts with loud but empty, meaningless lives benefit from being pulled out of their comfort zone by thoughtful introverts.
I don't wanna suggest you were implying any such thing, but there is a tendency out there for introversion to be treated as a problem just in and of itself and I don't think that's a valid or healthy approach.

Yeah I specified poorly adjusted introverts because a well adjusted introvert has by definition already expanded their boundaries sufficiently for them to be able to function perfectly happily socially. It's people like Honoka and Onada who are eaten up by insecurity and envy who need a kick in the pants from an outside element to help them realize that no, the entire human race isn't out to get them and other people are just as complex as they are.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

LMAO ahahaha her parents are gay x) that ending was great!! xD

joined Jul 31, 2013

Hehe, I've been waiting for this one. I think everyone here could do with a little more relaxation and trust in Torajirou to end up with a cohesive story and satisfying characters in good time. Not every single chapter has to be scrutinized for offenses or deficiencies, especially when we all know we're only halfway through the current published material.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Love this couple. I go through those same worries anytime I'm invited somewhere, too.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

It just occurred to me how rarely gay men are in yuri stories and vice versa.
Also these two are one of my favourite of all the couples right now.

joined Oct 13, 2014

It just occurred to me how rarely gay men are in yuri stories and vice versa.
Also these two are one of my favourite of all the couples right now.

the gay couple was a great twist and theyre easily 2nd or 3rd best couple now

To reply you must either login or sign up.