Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

I also have to agree, because we're outsiders and see various moments of their past and present we know that Sung-pyo is a nice guy and would never do anything, not to mention we also know part of what they think and that he still loves No-rae, but it doesn't really matter if he's a ex-boyfriend or just a friend, even if he is someone No-rae trust I just don't see any reason for Seol-a to leave him alone with her because she just don't know him, I think this should be the same if it was a woman, it doesn't really matter what kind of relationship they have, their gender or how much No-rae trust them, unless it was someone Seol-a knows she can trust, like Hye-gyeong or someone from No-rae family, why would she leave them alone with No-rae? Now if she knew Sung-pyo well enough to trust him like she knows Hye-gyeong then I think it wouldn't be a problem, but of course even if this was the case I doubt she would leave them alone because she wants No-rae all for herself. xD

But I have to admit that I kind of feel pity for Sung-pyo, he tried to quickly think of a excuse to stay with No-rae and Seol-a easily destroyed it and he had to run away with his tail between his legs, I actually think she would have easily destroyed any argument he could have made, I guess when Seol-a wants to mark her territory there's just no one that can win.

As for this in real life, I don't think it matter the culture, if you need to leave a drunk or unconscious woman with a man, in my opinion it should be with someone from her family, preferably her father or brother, it can also be a uncle, cousin or grandfather if you know they're close, I do think you could leave with a male friend or ex-boyfriend if he's close enough that both of you know he can be trusted, but unfortunately how many male friends or ex-boyfriend you know that really are friends with a woman? Unfortunately most man and woman don't even believe friendship between opposite sex is possible, so unless it's a good guy with who they are friends for many years, which is rare, I don't think you can really trust a man to take care of a drunk or unconscious woman, except maybe a ex-husband who you know is a good guy, after all they would have a past and know each other for some years.

Althought I don't think a female friend should automatically be trusted, but of course woman tend to be way more reliable, so I think that as long as you know she's a good friend of the drunk or unconscious woman and they know each other for some time then you can trust her, same with ex-girlfriend.

Do guys even have this kind of problem? I mean, do you even need to worry about a drunk or unconscious guy if you leave him with a friend that you know it's not a jerk? I know this is a pretty obvious double standard, but is it just me or this is one of the few double standards that is not bad?

I agree with this. And as for the highlighted part... Sadly, that's the common trend. Achaa..

Double standards. Yes.

I think I didn't make it clear with how I worded things. I was trying to imagine a scenario of what if they were left alone or given more space when comparing the whole what is appropriate or inappropriate thing. Also I think you misunderstood me, If there's anything I like about this story is how Sungpyo and Norae's relationship is still decent despite their past. Like, it takes a lot for two people to be friends after being romantic. Both Norae and Sungpyo were said to be pretty similar in a lot of ways and I think that mature trait they have is actually endearing.
So I do think he's a nice guy and I do want things to get resolved in a nice and tidy way. But yeah, I still think he forgot that he was an Ex and can't cross a few lines despite still caring for Norae...that is, when he wanted to stay longer to make sure she's okay. Seola is a friend and was already there to take care of her so he could've left after he was no longer needed. So it was inappropriate in that way for him to stay any longer or do anything more. Damn. Really, it hurts for anyone to be in such a situation. So I pity the guy a lot.

Yes. Thank you for explaining. I did have indeed misunderstood you and I sound offensive. I apologize.

Anyway, I agree. Sung-pyo is a nice guy. He just had depression. And I could imagine the atmosphere you were trying to create. In all honesty, I don't think that Sung-pyo would even try anything to disrespect No-rae because the way he looks at her and the way she cares for her all shows that rather shouts that. Like, he loves her so much that he respects her just as much.

And I hope, Ssamba will keep his image like that (which is being a good guy). If ever No-rae would choose Seol-a, I hope her reason was because she loves Seol-a and not because Sung-pyo is a hateful person.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Regarding the nail cutting.
I don't think Seola went home. The door she slammed doesn't look like the entrance door and definitely looks different to the one through which Sungpyo left. I'm pretty sure she just went to the bathroom. The reason she grabbed her handbag before doing that is most likely because she has the scissors/nailcutter in it. At least I always have the manicure scissors and the nail file in my bag. If you happen to accidentally break a nail it's a must to have something like this with you.

@takachi

overdaline, could you draw a small cute comic where
Norae asks Seola: Hey, what happened to your nails last night
Seola replies with a cunning grin: I cut them for you, babe!
And then Norae goes all red and embarrassed xD

Ah I'm having lectures right now tho T^T will be at it later I hope if I'm not knocked out in my bed with blood bleeding out of ma brain asdfghjkl haha

Ohhhh!! No worries!! It's really only if you have free time and feel like doing that!!! So no stress!! And good luck with your lectures!

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 6:08AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Too bad about Seol-a's nails, although I suppose it was necessary in the long-term. A truly idiotic "concern" for him to try to raise, though. Having had long nails myself, you get used to working with them and being careful with your hands, both to avoid breakage as well as caution toward the things you touch. It was a presumptuous and vaguely insulting suggestion that she would be so clumsy as to hurt her "best friend" while ministering to her, as well as being frankly trivial even if it did happen; Seol-a was right to ridicule the notion.

On the flip side, No-rae's hair has grown out noticeably now...I hope that is allowed to continue.

Thanks Halmoni and Thatanon.

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 6:05AM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Cryssoberyl said,
"On the flip side, No-rae's hair has grown out noticeably now...I hope that is allowed to continue."

I do like her better in longer hair. I think it softens her look a little more. It probably brought back some nice memories for Sung-Pyo.

I am hoping that the little tit for tat that happened between Seola and Sung-pyo is a bit of foreshadowing of the change in their relationship with Norae. When Seola said " You can stop with your petty excuses, you can go now, I'll take care of her from now on." And he meekly replied " then please take good care of her". It almost felt as if the torch was being passed on from Sung-Pyo to Seola so to speak. That from this moment on, 'I, Seola, will be by her side, not you.' And he acquiesced that spot to her as he left. I wondered then if Ssamba was using this as an metaphor to show that Sung-Pyo was leaving Norae's life, and, Seola had become Norae's significant other, her caretaker, her lover.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that incident. But I thought it was cool.

joined Jun 10, 2015

So I'm trying to draw @takachi 's prompt. The problem? Well, one of my weaknesses (even in writing) is I'm uncomfortable to make a story that come out of nowhere when I can provide more flow to it. One of main reasons why I end up with word vomits whenever I'm writing stories.
It seems that my habit also applied to drawing TvT I tried to make it one part, but what I finished tonight hasn't even touched takachi 's prompt. So I guess... I'll make two part... I'll draw part two later when I'm awake enough.

Warning: Sloppy Drawing as always, and this one is kinda long, I'm sorry TvT
Recommended song: Everytime (Descendants of The Sun OST) by Chen & Punch

When I see your eyes,
My heart keeps fluttering
You're my destiny,
the only person I want to protect
until the end of the world...

When you look at me
When you look at me and smile,
It feels as if my heart will skip a beat

How about you?
It's really hard for me to handle
All day, all I think of is you

We went in circles for a long time but,
even if it is now, I'm alright

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 1:39PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Very cute^!!
Like it!
Would love to see more!

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 1:28PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Thia-sama I made the avatar like, 3 months ago, soo the bigger version is most likely gone by now lol, but i can make it again :) waaait a moment

EDIT: here ya go, of course i made sungji smile, and this is the biggest i can make before seolrae becomes too pixelated

http://s17.postimg.org/pbesz3khr/Untitled_3.png

Awesome, thanks thatanon. \ ( * = * ) /

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 3:10PM

Ahri_by_kittew-d9c0y0n%20-%20copia
joined Mar 13, 2016

jealous seol-a it's the best seol-a. pretty sure she's worried about no-rae's feeling for sung-pyo or how "persistent" he could be towards her. also my dirty mind thought a lot of things about the cutting nails thing. heh.

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 5:11PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

oh myyyyyyyyyy!! so cute, overdaline!!! You do whatever you want to do as long as you keep us posted with it xD

Another idea came to mind today... The last chapters kinda show that Seola has really reached her limit and can't help becoming all touchy with Norae. I think she's really at the stage now, when she can say whatever's on her mind about Norae and write it off as a joke:
"Norae, you're so cute, I really love you!"
"Norae, I cut my nails for you - let's have sex!"
"Norae let's go and watch Carol, just the two of us"

Wow, the last one could actually be a reality and an act from Norae since she's into boring romantic dramas... she could invite Seola to go watch Carol as she read from critics that it's a very good one. Or perhaps some friends mentioned that to her. LOL I can tell how awkward they are going to be after the movie, hahahahaha.

No-rae%20200
joined Feb 13, 2014

Too bad about Seol-a's nails, although I suppose it was necessary in the long-term. A truly idiotic "concern" for him to try to raise, though. Having had long nails myself, you get used to working with them and being careful with your hands, both to avoid breakage as well as caution toward the things you touch. It was a presumptuous and vaguely insulting suggestion that she would be so clumsy as to hurt her "best friend" while ministering to her, as well as being frankly trivial even if it did happen; Seol-a was right to ridicule the notion.

On the flip side, No-rae's hair has grown out noticeably now...I hope that is allowed to continue.

Thanks Halmoni and Thatanon.

honestly, the fact that her hair is growing out is so great. shows that time is passing and that they're not stuck in some weird vacuum. i guess that's always something that's bothered me reading manga.

though, not sure if it's just me, but did it seem slightly ominous when the panel lingered on sung-pyo after seola kicked him out?

joined Apr 9, 2013

I was thinking about it, but how the fuck do you even scratch someone by taking off just their coat?

joined Feb 1, 2016

http://youtu.be/nTYYYor2Zfw
I wonder if you guys have seen this? It's a music video by a famous girl group from Korea. (Released by SM, one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea in regarding Kpop!) It's LGBT and reminds me so much of FF

I'm so glad South Korea is coming to acceptance towards LGBT people :))

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 10:42AM

joined Jun 10, 2015

@takachi

oh myyyyyyyyyy!! so cute, overdaline!!! You do whatever you want to do as long as you keep us posted with it xD

Another idea came to mind today... The last chapters kinda show that Seola has really reached her limit and can't help becoming all touchy with Norae. I think she's really at the stage now, when she can say whatever's on her mind about Norae and write it off as a joke:
"Norae, you're so cute, I really love you!"
"Norae, I cut my nails for you - let's have sex!"
"Norae let's go and watch Carol, just the two of us"

Wow, the last one could actually be a reality and an act from Norae since she's into boring romantic dramas... she could invite Seola to go watch Carol as she read from critics that it's a very good one. Or perhaps some friends mentioned that to her. LOL I can tell how awkward they are going to be after the movie, hahahahaha.

I haven't watched Carol o_o should I watch it?
I will pass for drawing today tho, I'm tired... hopefully tomorrow I'll have the energy to finish part 2 XDDD

@kimchikid

http://youtu.be/nTYYYor2Zfw
I wonder if you guys have seen this? It's a music video by a famous girl group from Korea. (Released by SM, one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea in regarding Kpop!) It's LGBT and reminds me so much of FF

I'm so glad South Korea is coming to acceptance towards LGBT people :))

spazz OMG RV'S VOICES THERE ARE SOOO URGH LOVELY T^T end spazz
I have haha. The ending is sad though. Listening plus watching the MV when it's raining makes me sad as Hell. On a side note, it's not really made by SM, SM held a MV contest for the song. The published MV is the winner, and I'll have to say rightfully so. It's beautiful. Sad, yes, but beautiful.

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 11:11AM

joined Jun 10, 2015

oh right! I have this stored in my data. I drew it when I found a GIF about how to take care of a sad person in 9gag. basically we put the sad person into a blanket and roll them like a sushi roll and hug them comfortably in the couch while playing their favorite movie and feeding them their favorite snack until they become a happy sushi roll, lol.

Wait is it just me or am I getting better at drawing females...
That's all. /goes to sleep o/

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 1:22PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

cipp (link):

The fanart thread has been updated! I'm not as good at finding fanart as anon is because the only place I check is the FF Tumblr tag, but there's still quite a few new pieces. Check it out :)

Nah, give yerself more credit, you're doin' great. ;D
Thanks for your work. :3
ieeheh too.

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 10:56PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

I wonder if, after this chapter, Seol-a will ban No-rae from drinking like that.

As for the discussion on the whole Sungpyo wanting to stay with No-rae. He really overstepped his boundaries with that one. Calling him a jerk or a douche for that is a little much. However, he was veeery stupid and I agree, somewhat rude toward Seol-a but not to the point of being a jerk. His demeanor lead me to thinking that he was not doing so intentionally. But he was being stupid in thinking that he was going to stay the night and take care of her. Honestly, I can only really seeing a male staying with a female in that situation if he has no way to contact her closest friends or family to come and watch her. That or he's in a relationship with her and can be trusted (as others said). I feel like we've got another 5 chapters before things are fully resolved with Sungpyo. I just hope it's concluded well as so far, this arc has been somewhat disappointing in showing why No-rae reacted the way she did when they broke up.

joined Jun 10, 2015

SeolRae's Camping Trip III
(ft. No-Rae's bro and Seol-A's bro)
it's not really continous from the past parts but it can be taken as continous to if you want to. idk (- -_)r
Part I: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/111000
Part II: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/163590
*Recommended BGM: Candy by Red Velvet here's the link if any of you is interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04TugTrs0yo

What if you melt away slowly? I let out a long sigh
The faster my heart beats, the faster you will melt
Like a lie, forever stay like that, by my side

ITS KINDA RUSHED BECAUSE IM SLEEPY BUT I'M AFRAID IF I POSTPONE IT I'LL FORGET THE IDEA T^T aaaand that's how SeolRae's Camping Trip series end. Thank you for enjoying the ride with me and see you letTAAAAHHHH!

unamentedormida
Images
joined Mar 13, 2016

I've re-read the whole manwha and it kind of seems that No-rae has never tried anything to develop the relationship beyond the stage of friendship, apart from the known almost-kiss. She even regretted acting in that way.
She does want to remain by the side of Seol-a, being sometimes overprotective and jealous, but doesn't look like she is going to make a move or something, and I don't think she is willing to risk what they have unless she knows for sure what Seol-a feels. We also have that "wall" around her and all the damage done due to the ex, so, this is tough for her, although we don't get to see her POV that much. Seol-a, on the other hand has been suffering so much it just breaks my heart.
She has been flirty since the beginning, we know that, she's much more determined (thank god) than No-rae and probably is going to be the one to confess (as she has tried before, coff coff, that cockblock). But who knows what will happen, my guess: two or three more chapters to get something dense. And I would love to know what No-rae is going trough...

joined Jun 10, 2015

@unamentedormi

But who knows what will happen, my guess: two or three more chapters to get something dense. And I would love to know what No-rae is going through...

But we have gotten something dense even in the last chapter, though?
Kim No-rae.
She's dense. Like, very dense.
...aaand of course I'm just joking. ;v;

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

I haven't watched Carol o_o should I watch it?

Yes, you should watch it.
No but seriously, it's so good.

joined Mar 13, 2016

This chapter and the last one have been an improvement over what the last couple chapters have done. The build-up with the three women landing at a party, Norae getting drunk and getting somewhat intimate with Seola was a good start. And then Sungpyo entered the picture. What certainly made the last chapter great was that it was just more evidence of how determined Seola is in pursuing Norae. Sungpyo was the episodic “plot-complication” here and while Seola dealt with that incidental complication the narrative overall reinforced our images of the characters involved without delivering any sort of character-development.

That chapter didn’t cover any new ground story-wise or characterization-wise but it was another one of those chapters that neatly summarized a couple plot-points from previous chapters. The way I see it, the chapter was about comparing Seola showing more determination to stay at Norae’s side than Sungpyo. Rather than how inappropriate Sungpyo’s words were I think what’s more important is that he didn’t really try very hard to stay at Norae’s side when Seola acted so hostile. Even if Sungpyo is still in love with Norae, the series certainly portrays him as someone who gives up VERY quickly. Meanwhile, Seola is someone who just stubbornly refuses to give up and it really doesn’t seem like there’s anything that would keep her from romantically pursuing Norae.

Nobody of this is new information, though. It just reinforces the image we have of the characters and sadly the most relevant character right now was just a drunk deadweight in this little “episode”. It’s already been established that Norae isn’t exactly honest when she’s sober but the series still hasn’t answered the question why she’s acting that way. As an insular, incidental “episode” chapter 67 and 68 work great but if past chapters are any indication the series won’t let events escalate from how Seola politely told Sungpyo to “piss off” when he offered to take care of unconscious Norae. There just will be a sort-of reset for the start of the next “episode”. What I fear is gonna happen is that Norae will do something silly, Seola will be there to take care of her but there’s also this spineless asshole Sungpyo who still kinda acts like Norae’s boyfriend without ever committing to any sort of trusting relationship.

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

24 more hours!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

10 more hours!

joined Mar 28, 2014

3 more hours!

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Only one hour left, you guys!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.