Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Jpeg_20181005_095801%20(1)
joined Apr 8, 2014

Btw, I thought she was stalking Sumin when she was in the car after buying the raw version of chapter 45.

Wasn't it considered as stalking?

I assumed it was a coincidence, seeing her there in the car before I saw the english translation lol!

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Btw, I thought she was stalking Sumin when she was in the car after buying the raw version of chapter 45.

Wasn't it considered as stalking?

I assumed it was a coincidence, seeing her there in the car before I saw the english translation lol!

Got it. lol

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

STOP! No one is allowed to hurt this poor baby anymore! tucks Seju under the blanket T_T

Now this chapter was heart wrecking. I agree that even if both Sumin and Seju have their happy ending, Seju's may be bittersweet. Because it's easier for Sumin. She got pretty hurt, grew cold and somewhat jerk, but managed to find a potential love. For Sumin, Seju may end up being a distant memory, a scar that won't matter anymore. Seju, however, will live with the fact that she hurt the person she loved and lost her for it. If any of you ever hurt someone you loved pretty bad, you know Seju's scar will always ache a little.

And about Seju inside the car in the last chapter, it did sent me some obsessive vibes. I'm still hoping we won't see Seju clinging to Sumin and being all psycho. I mean, Seju managed to be such a lady so far. I do want to see her break down though. I want Seju to let it all out, because she just keeps tolerating all that stuff.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Thanks a lot Newp for the translation!

Oh my, Seju's story seems to be the most tragic. Our poor lady :(

I agree completely on Dofudofu point, that Seju's character is most realistic/relatable. Seju grew up in a messy & unloving family, who thinks of her existence no more than a trash. It's common for people who grew up in such environment to have low self worth. As what Nami said, she lower her self-esteem too much for Sumin (comparable as a dog and owner). But Seju does not even care.

Seju is like the typical people who lacks of love growing up. So when she found someone who actually loved her dearly and cherish her existence, the effect is intensified and she hang on it obsessively. Seju is just not used to be loved.

The continuous car giving thing may be a symbolism from Seju to accommodate Sumin to continue "go wherever you are" aka continue seeking for Seju, just like what Sumin said when she gave her the white car. Only that she's using the car to seek for another blonde now, lol.

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Okay so I reread some of the previous chapters. I'm not sure buuut I think, I think Sungji seems to be hiding something. I think she might be a bit more cunning than she seems, trying to lure Sumin to give her attention. I noticed Sumin was thinking "her tears have already dried", which possibly means Sungji was acting a bit to get attention after some point. She might be a bit calculative now that I think about it... but also impulsive at the same time and kind of switches between those. I'm not sure, I'm curious now!!

Actually, they translated that part wrong. The part where Sungji is kneeling and crying and Sumins thought bubble says 그세 더 말랐네 - that translates to 'Shes gotten skinnier during that time/since then'. It's understandable that it was mis-translated because the saying 말랐네 means 'skinny' but can also mean 'has dried'. And it also says '더' which means 'more' but they could have misread it as '다' (since it looks so similar) which means 'all ' so thus the mistranslation of 'all dried already' so yeah. Basically Sumin noticed that Sungji lost a lot of weight during that time, probably because she was worried about what happened and didn't eat enough/ take good care of her body.. so yeah, I do not believe she is calculative based on that part. But who knows.. I guess we must be patient and wait for more details on Sungjis personality haha.

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 11:42PM

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

I think Seju will have a wake up call soon, which will be good for her. So I'm a little excited to see who she's going to hook up with (Nami hopefully) cus she's kinda hot. Also, I'm dying to know how would Sumin react to that.

Small
joined Feb 14, 2016

^ I don't really mind Seju/Nami pairing as long as it's done nicely. Seju is so in love and obsessed with Sumin that I can't see her hook up with Nami that easily. To be fair, Nami is the only one who can get under her skin. She wasn't even ruffled by her family anymore but Nami seems to be able to annoy the heck out of her lol.

About the chapter, I don't quite understand Seju's thoughts though. She said she wanted Sumin to come back, but in the last pages, she said she wants her to suffer more so that everytime she comes back to her, Sumin will hate her?? I didn't know she's such a masochist. And why would she wish that Sumin will hate her, shouldn't she like hope that Sumin will come back to love her? Either she's got such a massive self-loathing going on or Sumin doesn't really hate her(that's why she's wishing for Sumin to hate her??) but can't forgive her all the same and Seju wants to repent for her sins so much. I dunno I'm lost.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

^ I don't really mind Seju/Nami pairing as long as it's done nicely. Seju is so in love and obsessed with Sumin that I can't see her hook up with Nami that easily. To be fair, Nami is the only one who can get under her skin. She wasn't even ruffled by her family anymore but Nami seems to be able to annoy the heck out of her lol.

About the chapter, I don't quite understand Seju's thoughts though. She said she wanted Sumin to come back, but in the last pages, she said she wants her to suffer more so that everytime she comes back to her, Sumin will hate her?? I didn't know she's such a masochist. And why would she wish that Sumin will hate her, shouldn't she like hope that Sumin will come back to love her? Either she's got such a massive self-loathing going on or Sumin doesn't really hate her(that's why she's wishing for Sumin to hate her??) but can't forgive her all the same and Seju wants to repent for her sins so much. I dunno I'm lost.

I was also confused by Seju's thought in this chapter and I ended up thinking almost like you.

Like, maybe Seju hates herself so much for making that dumb mistake that she feels she deserves Sumin's hatred; it could be that for hurting Sumin in the past, Seju thinks she deserves being hurt by Sumin too. In this way, Seju could be looking to repent herself.

Or Seju knows that Sumin can't let go of her, because deep down Sumin can't really hate Seju enough. So maybe despite all her love, Seju wishes Sumin could hate her for real and never come back. Maybe that way, both of them would be free of a relationship that never got a proper closure and still haunts both of them.

Or... Seju is so fucked up that she would rather be hated than ignored and forgotten by the person she loves. Just like someone said a while ago, the only love Seju ever received was from Sumin, which makes her hold it too dear to be able to let go. It can sound crazy and obsessive, but maybe in Seju's mind the opposite of love isn't hate, but apathy.

There could be other explanations, but I could only think on those three. What makes me sad is that in all of those possibilities, Seju remains a pitiful person. And I really don't like feeling pity for anyone.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I was also confused by Seju's thought in this chapter and I ended up thinking almost like you.

Like, maybe Seju hates herself so much for making that dumb mistake that she feels she deserves Sumin's hatred; it could be that for hurting Sumin in the past, Seju thinks she deserves being hurt by Sumin too. In this way, Seju could be looking to repent herself.

Or Seju knows that Sumin can't let go of her, because deep down Sumin can't really hate Seju enough. So maybe despite all her love, Seju wishes Sumin could hate her for real and never come back. Maybe that way, both of them would be free of a relationship that never got a proper closure and still haunts both of them.

Or... Seju is so fucked up that she would rather be hated than ignored and forgotten by the person she loves. Just like someone said a while ago, the only love Seju ever received was from Sumin, which makes her hold it too dear to be able to let go. It can sound crazy and obsessive, but maybe in Seju's mind the opposite of love isn't hate, but apathy.

There could be other explanations, but I could only think on those three. What makes me sad is that in all of those possibilities, Seju remains a pitiful person. And I really don't like feeling pity for anyone.

I was also confused too. The first thing came to my mind was that Seju must be a masochist. :D

I think perhaps Seju decided to make Sumin hate her because she didn't have any hope that Sumin would ever love her again. Some people said "Love and Hate are bedmates." Loving or Hating can produce conflicts, fear, and uncertainty. Seju might want to put Sumin in a situation such that "I hate you so much because of how vulnerable I am to you. How I can let you control my feelings? And, I feel I've lost control."

Or because Seju knew that Sumin wanted to love and be loved, but didn't want to be hurt again, she decided to give Sumin a relationship in which Sumin could keep one foot in the water, and the other safely out, on the sand. This relationship could keep Sumin protected. Like she said "In a relationship we don't need to break up. Being side by side with no reason to get hurt." If Sumin kept hating her, then they could still be in this kind of relationship; dissatisfied, but protected.

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 11:24AM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

I was also confused too. The first thing came to my mind was that Seju must be a masochist. :D

I think perhaps Seju decided to make Sumin hate her because she didn't have any hope that Sumin would ever love her again. Some people said "Love and Hate are bedmates." Loving or Hating can produce conflicts, fear, and uncertainty. Seju might want to put Sumin in a situation such that "I hate you so much because of how vulnerable I am to you. How I can let you control my feelings? And, I feel I've lost control."

Or because Seju knew that Sumin wanted to love and be loved, but didn't want to be hurt again, she decided to give Sumin a relationship in which Sumin could keep one foot in the water, and the other safely out, on the sand. This relationship could keep Sumin protected. Like she said "In a relationship we don't need to break up. Being side by side with no reason to get hurt." If Sumin kept hating her, then they could still be in this kind of relationship; dissatisfied, but protected.

Yeah, those are good possibilities too. I like the fact that Seju's character is portrayed in a way that shows some of her deep thoughts, but with some ambiguity to them. It manages to keep her interesting. I'm only afraid the authors will leave it like that, never really making it clear enough.

I'm also afraid the authors end up losing track of the story. Like, that scene in which we see Seju's first monologue about Sumin always coming back - the one in which Seju finds Sumin resting in Sungji's lap. We never saw the scene after it and it makes me so curious. Maybe that scene is very important and it will be revealed in future chapters, since it may contain some important conversation between Sungji and Seju. But if the authors just leave it there like a loose end, I will never get over it lol.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I'm also afraid the authors end up losing track of the story. Like, that scene in which we see Seju's first monologue about Sumin always coming back - the one in which Seju finds Sumin resting in Sungji's lap. We never saw the scene after it and it makes me so curious. Maybe that scene is very important and it will be revealed in future chapters, since it may contain some important conversation between Sungji and Seju. But if the authors just leave it there like a loose end, I will never get over it lol.

I think that place looked like a small bar insides the company. It's perhaps where every worker could come for drinking. It was quiet because other workers had left. Seju showing up might not be strange to Sungji, no?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think that place looked like a small bar insides the company. It's perhaps where every worker could come for drinking. It was quiet because other workers had left. Seju showing up might not be strange to Sungji, no?

No, it's not a small bar, it's Sumin's place. Seju showing up should've left Sungji at least wondering what she's doing there.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Sumin will never admit to her self that she loves seju anymore until something
Really bad will happen to seju which i think the story is going when sumin will have to choose between sungi and seju ..

That's what I want to happen. I want to see something really bad happen to Seju and see how Sumin will react to it. All this time she's been taking Seju for granted knowing that she will always be there whenever she needs a place to fall back on., but what if that place suddenly disappear? It'll be interesting to see that happen.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

How bad that "something really bad" is?

Either a near-death car accident or her father dies. Seju's life is already miserable, but maybe not miserable enough considering how much shit she's still going through.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Okay so I reread some of the previous chapters. I'm not sure buuut I think, I think Sungji seems to be hiding something. I think she might be a bit more cunning than she seems, trying to lure Sumin to give her attention. I noticed Sumin was thinking "her tears have already dried", which possibly means Sungji was acting a bit to get attention after some point. She might be a bit calculative now that I think about it... but also impulsive at the same time and kind of switches between those. I'm not sure, I'm curious now!!

I remember that she even asked her friend's opinions on how to act in front of Sumin, and even wanted to take a note about those opinions. I don't think she was capable of coming up with any ulterior motives.

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 2:12PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Okay okay so everybody is like seju this seju that her fault or not then what about sumin ?! does she have a split personality or something she went back to seju huged her spend the night with her and the next morning she wouldn't even let seju touch her and went back to being disgusted with her what's up with that !?

I think that´s because Sumin was feeling really bad that day and confused and she ended up sleeping with Seju bit regret it afterwards. So many Seju fans are bitter towards Sumin >.> so... it's better to just let her be with Sungji XD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

How bad that "something really bad" is?

Either a near-death car accident or her father dies. Seju's life is already miserable, but maybe not miserable enough considering how much shit she's still going through.

I don't think something really bad has to happen. It's too much if Sumin realises her mistakes only when Seju gets hurt imo. And why does Seju have to suffer for Sumin to learn? Not fair imo.
Sumin should at least realise it on her own somehow, not by something so dramatic happening.
Or at least a good idea would be that she needs Seju's help again, but the tables turn and Seju is not her punching bag this time
I mean honestly, Sumin broke up with the redhead, then goes back to Seju to get her confront dose, has sex with her(because this is how she deals with her problems) and then acts all vegentfull again, pushing Seju's arm away.

I think Sumin has not only to heal, but reconsider her attitude too. If she acts like that with someone, I think it is possible she won't always stay nice to Sungji too.

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 3:22PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I don't think something really bad has to happen. It's too much if Sumin realises her mistakes only when Seju gets hurt imo. And why does Seju have to suffer for Sumin to learn? Not fair imo.

True, something really bad doesn't need to happen, and I agree that it's unfair. However, from Sehyun's conversation about Seju's reckless driving and also how her father is ill, there's a chance that something bad might happen to her. And I can't think of a way for Sumin to just realise that Seju is somewhat still important to her on her own. It's been 10 years and nothing happened. Also if this is a K-drama story, then something dramatic will usually happen. But this is just my opinion.

I think Sumin has not only to heal, but reconsider her attitude too. If she acts like that with someone, I think it is possible she won't always stay nice to Sungji too.

Agreed. We've already seen how she acted towards Sungji after she bumped into the red hair.

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 3:58PM

joined Mar 17, 2016

I only made an account to say this all team pink fans can suck it seju is a shit for cheating and I don't blame sumin for leaving her no one held a gun to seju's head when she betrayed sumin it is all seju's fault sumin only acted cold because her parents had just fuckin died anyways fuck you seju and I love you sungji don't you dare hurt her sumin she hasn't done anything wrong what so ever

joined Mar 17, 2016

Why do you all take seju's side when she betrayed sumin and then you say things like sumin please get back with seju you guys are horrible sweet puppy dog sungji has never wronged sumin but still you want sumin to break sungji's pure heart and get back with the cheater I do feel sorry for seju because she's all alone but she brought this all on her self she expected sumin to get over her parents death in just a month like dafuq is wrong with you seju sumin was in pain if my mother ever died I would crawl under my bed and never come out sumin was pained and angry and I don't blame her for snaping but then you just had to give her more pain and anger didn't you seju did seju even think how bad it would hurt sumin or was seju to busy fucking that fuck boy oh yeah SHE WAS and I don't wanna hear any of y'all's bullshit excuses for seju like it was the alcohol or it was a mistake because first of all a mistake is walking into the wrong classroom or forgetting you're phone what seju did was not a mistake and she did not do it because she was drunk pick a better lie seju and seju fans

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

You guys, don't you find Sungji, even for a bit, sketchy ?? Especially with that WDTFS' slogan "Love is Blind"? Or maybe it's just me acting crazy for noticing that.

joined Mar 8, 2014

I mean honestly, Sumin broke up with the redhead, then goes back to Seju to get her confront dose, has sex with her(because this is how she deals with her problems) and then acts all vegentfull again, pushing Seju's arm away.

I think Sumin has already reconsidered her attitude. She was a bit of a jerk to Sungji too but she apologized and fixed it. I don't think she is like that anymore. And yes, she was mean to Seju and the lawyer (though I don't think she meant it for the later) but as Sel said Seju hurt her a lot and I think she wasn't completely over Seju either so it was like a guilty pleasure and then she felt disgusted at herself and thought she wouldn't do it again. But apparently along the way she just decided to be friends with benefits with her.

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 5:42PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

You guys, don't you find Sungji, even for a bit, sketchy ?? Especially with that WDTFS' slogan "Love is Blind"? Or maybe it's just me acting crazy for noticing that.

Wait, you mean sketchy as shady? (Sorry, English isn't my native language). If that's so, well, I think "Love is Blind" applies to the plot in general. Like Sungji falling for Sumin without knowing her background yet; Seju still loving Sumin after all they have gone through.

But if Sungji reveals herself to be "sketchy", now that would definitely be a very shocking plot twist. LOL. Unlikely to happen though, I mean, Sungji is just a cinnamon roll!

joined Mar 8, 2014

Wait, you mean sketchy as shady? (Sorry, English isn't my native language). If that's so, well, I think "Love is Blind" applies to the plot in general. Like Sungji falling for Sumin without knowing her background yet; Seju still loving Sumin after all they have gone through.

But if Sungji reveals herself to be "sketchy", now that would definitely be a very shocking plot twist. LOL. Unlikely to happen though, I mean, Sungji is just a cinnamon roll!

I just said I thought Sungji was a tiny bit weird. She has outbursts of emotions but she is calm apart from those occasions. I think 'love is blind' doesn't mean that Sungji will do something bad but I think Sungji is a bit more calculative than you might think. Not calculative as a person in general just simply planning things a bit more than she might have you thinking. When she was mad at Sumin she tried to be calm and started giving her the cold shoulder. On the one hand it was because she was not feeling like being all sweet when she was mad but on the other hand I think she was trying to get a reaction out of her. Since the beginning she seemed like a person who thinks a lot but at the same time does impulsive things.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Sel
[...]

There are reasons to take Seju's side. They might not be the reasons you could accept, but there really are. Try convincing, instead of going hyper arguing. I did stop reading your comment at "you guys are horrible sweet puppy dog" Maybe there were somethings so convincing in the rest of your comment, but I disheartened to read it. Please make your next comments bit better.

To reply you must either login or sign up.