Forum › Girl's Ride discussion

1014444_207779289375131_131166766_n
joined Jul 19, 2013

I sort of wanted to see a bit more. Not saying I didn't like it (I always enjoy some light yuri) hehe

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I guess we all want a "I love you" or a kiss at the end of all these series, like "don't let our imagination do the best part!".
Still I like it, it wasn't really something out of this world but since I like bikes and short haired blondes this one feels special.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I agree - It wasnt amazing but enjoyable - and wanted a little more at the end.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I love yuri manga, and I'm a motorcyclist ('79 Yamaha XS Eleven) so this series was tailor-made for me. I've loved it since the very first chapter. Thank you to Tsuyoshi Isomoto for creating this great manga, and Lililicious for bringing it to us English-speakers.

It was never mentioned in the manga, but Sei's bike looks like a Honda CR93 from about 1962 or 1963. It's a 125cc race bike but about 20-30 examples of a street bike version where also made. Real examples are very rare and very valuable.

At the end, the two motorcycles are a Yamaha TDR 250 on the left (1988-1993, 250cc, 2-stroke, dual purpose) and a Honda GB400 on the right (late 1980s-early 1990s, 400cc).

Finally, you can see a small sports car in a panel on page 7. It's a Nissan Fairlady from the mid to late 1960s, called the Datsun 1600 or 2000 (depending on engine) in the US.

last edited at Sep 23, 2013 12:13PM

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

So, finally go around to reading this. I loved the ending, I love everything about Nan and Sei, I love the supporting cast. My only complaint, it made me kinda sad an nostalgic. I used to have a 1973 Triumph Tiger 100, it was my dad's before he passed. I rode it everywhere, it was my primary mode of transport in high school and college.

One weekend I had dropped my then girlfriend off at home (we lived about 50mi apart), and was heading home, when a semi began drifting into my lane. I drifted right towards the breakdown lane and accelerated, the combination of those actions and the debris in the breakdown lane caused my rear end to kick out from under me.

Needless to say I laid my bike down and I went bounce-sliding over the asphalt into the guard rail, and my bike went under the semi's trailer and ended up in the rear wheel assembly.

Fortunately, I was wearing a full face helmet. It took about a year to completely heal and recover. Haven't been on a bike since.

joined Feb 19, 2013

Damn this was so boring and cliche

joined Apr 13, 2012

This was... augh! I really want a little bit more, just a little bit!

Thank you lililicious, a great work as always.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Disappointed by the ending. I had great hopes for this series once upon a time, but it stuck with subtext to the very end...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Disappointed by the ending. I had great hopes for this series once upon a time, but it stuck with subtext to the very end...

I dunno, holding hands at the place where Sei wanted to confess seems like actual text to me. Especially when Nan's feelings had become obvious by that point. I mean yeah, I wanted a kiss or an outright statement of some sort too, but this makes it pretty clear they're now a mutual couple and that's pretty consistent with the writing throughout.

joined Oct 11, 2010

I dunno, holding hands at the place where Sei wanted to confess seems like actual text to me. Especially when Nan's feelings had become obvious by that point. I mean yeah, I wanted a kiss or an outright statement of some sort too, but this makes it pretty clear they're now a mutual couple and that's pretty consistent with the writing throughout.

Yeah, it just fitted well with the way the whole series went. That said I would have liked 15 or so more chapters.

last edited at Sep 24, 2013 12:39AM

joined Jul 8, 2013

Yeah, it just fitted well with the way the whole series went. That said I would have liked 15 or so more chapters.

lol By definition, the fact that it was never explicited stated or proven by a kiss or something makes it subtext. I agree with the first guy. Implications aren't enough because even friends can hold hands and sometimes obvious isn't actually obvious but misunderstanding. I don't like implied endings. I'd rather they seal the metaphorical envelope that is a yuri series with a kiss at the end, on the very last page, of every yuri series ever to make me feel better.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this really ended than...

i liked it very much, so i don't want to critic anything,
if the author wanted this ending, for me is good like this

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

This series reminded me a lot of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, in a lot of ways. It's really very good, I love the atmosphere. I just wish they'd kissed. The ending is explicit enough in my mind, it's definitely yuri, but I crave that final kiss. Wish it'd happened in YKK too, for that matter.

joined Nov 30, 2011

This series reminded me a lot of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, in a lot of ways. It's really very good, I love the atmosphere. I just wish they'd kissed. The ending is explicit enough in my mind, it's definitely yuri, but I crave that final kiss. Wish it'd happened in YKK too, for that matter.

I never once got the impression that YKK had any sort of romantic stuff between the main girls afaik.

joined Apr 15, 2013

lol By definition, the fact that it was never explicited stated or proven by a kiss or something makes it subtext. I agree with the first guy. Implications aren't enough because even friends can hold hands and sometimes obvious isn't actually obvious but misunderstanding. I don't like implied endings. I'd rather they seal the metaphorical envelope that is a yuri series with a kiss at the end, on the very last page, of every yuri series ever to make me feel better.

What's being implied is heavy handed and weighted beyond all other reasonable possibilities. It's nonsensical to look at all of the narrative that lead up to it and conclude that they both wished for a bountiful harvest season. Subtle Yuri for a subtle story, it's the right call.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I never once got the impression that YKK had any sort of romantic stuff between the main girls afaik.

Maybe not so much from Alpha's point of view, but there's definitely feelings from Kokone's end. On top of that, Maruo is jealous of their relationship (at least in her eyes) so it's sort of a soft love triangle.

Girls' Ride though does come off as a bit more clearly yuri than YKK though, and it's very clear in the last two chapters that it's mutual.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Maybe not so much from Alpha's point of view, but there's definitely feelings from Kokone's end. On top of that, Maruo is jealous of their relationship (at least in her eyes) so it's sort of a soft love triangle.

Girls' Ride though does come off as a bit more clearly yuri than YKK though, and it's very clear in the last two chapters that it's mutual.

True! I definitely agree about Kokone's end as a possibility. And Maruo, I think was more enamored with Alpha and jealous that Kokone got to spend so much time with her. I think for Maruo and Kokone, Alpha came across to them, from my point of view, as an enigma in that she clearly viewed herself as not really an android or whatever they were and was more "human-like" than they were.

And yeah Girl's Ride really did. I loved the character designs in it. I wish it were a little longer so we could see them start dating and all of that. (They all tend to skip those moments where you get to know the other in ways you would never have found out if you weren't dating them. All the little nuances.)

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

all I can say is...wow

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

In page 02, is "oases" or "oasis". I can't find "oases" in any dictionary - I had.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In page 02, is "oases" or "oasis". I can't find "oases" in any dictionary - I had.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oasis
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oasis

Oases is the plural form of oasis.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

is this page has any manga?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/girls_ride_ch02#19

last edited at May 21, 2014 3:08AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Was a nice and cute read. Loved the athmosphere.

Now I want a bike, by the way.

But I also wanted a little more. Particularly the ending... a confession, a kiss...

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'd love to read cyberpunk yuri. And girl gang yuri. And urban fantasy yuri. And detective fiction yuri. So on and so forth.

Where do I sign the petition to get this done?

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I'd love to read cyberpunk yuri. And girl gang yuri. And urban fantasy yuri. And detective fiction yuri. So on and so forth.

Where do I sign the petition to get this done?

lol yes! but yuri seems to be perpetually confined to school life with a little supernatural here and there

and i am not sure this deserves a romance tag, because it really was just subtext. i can see the yuri tag, because there is quite a bit of manga on here where it is subtext but tagged as yuri, but romance.... no, i really don't see it :P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Rereading this, it's hard to write off the romance as merely subtext. It's clear that Sen is taken by Nan right from the start, and by chapter six Nan is clearly falling in love in return.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/girls_ride_ch06#6

To reply you must either login or sign up.