Forum › Fragtime discussion

joined Aug 1, 2013

I don't like long haired chick. What she did was uncalled for. Making up lies like that just to cheat on an exam.

Well, the teacher does touch her sometimes, it's just that she's accepted it. Besides that short-haired girl isn't exactly a saint either after staring at long-hair's panties in ch 01 XD

joined Aug 19, 2012

might as well put angst on the tag, because I see them coming

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Theres too much about this that makes no sense to realy enjoy it.

A) Stopping time must mean 'stopping your own passage through time' - i.e existing in a frozen moment - its not like you could freeze time for the whole universe. And if it was a bubble around her for a certain radius, people outside it would all see en-mass at the boundry that it was going on. That given- it makes no sense the other girl could still move- she would need her own 'time freeze' ability or something.

B) If you realy froze time for an object/people - it would be utterly impossible to move them because moving in space requires time to pass. To move something frozen in time would be to move the universe. If it was just you there was effected- anything you did would still happen and the effects be seen. They'd just not see why it happened.

C) If she freezes time to escape people and situations she dosnt like like that, why isnt everyone terrified of this girl who keeps vanishing? Which is what it would look like if you froze time while they were talking to you and left.?

last edited at Sep 22, 2013 7:18PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Theres too much about this that makes no sense to realy enjoy it.

A) Stopping time must mean 'stopping your own passage through time' - i.e existing in a frozen moment - its not like you could freeze time for the whole universe. And if it was a bubble around her for a certain radius, people outside it would all see en-mass at the boundry that it was going on. That given- it makes no sense the other girl could still move- she would need her own 'time freeze' ability or something.

Why couldn't you freeze time for the rest of the universe? For that matter, do you actually need to "freeze time" in order to get a time stop effect? Would not a perspective shift be enough.

B) If you realy froze time for an object/people - it would be utterly impossible to move them because moving in space requires time to pass. To move something frozen in time would be to move the universe. If it was just you there was effected- anything you did would still happen and the effects be seen. They'd just not see why it happened.

It could be an on contact or on focus effect (e.g. when she's holding onto the door handle, it's no longer frozen, but when she lets go it freezes again).

C) If she freezes time to escape people and situations she dosnt like like that, why isnt everyone terrified of this girl who keeps vanishing? Which is what it would look like if you froze time while they were talking to you and left.?

Yeah, you got me there. That's been bugging me as well. Maybe it has some mental chinakery involved? >.>

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Wow, so I freaking love this series already! I love supernatural themes!

joined Aug 8, 2013

it would be utterly impossible

Like someone stopping time? Hey, that impossible thing in my wacky comedy manga is impossible! What a load!

Maybe you're overthinking this a bit.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Stopping time: Sakuya Izayoi.

Not that information matters much anyways, hahahaha...
And I do sometimes wonder about how people not freak out with the prota girl...

Darn, while I dislike cliffhangers, I still love it... GAAHHH!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

joined Aug 6, 2013

murakami-san is so sly i just...ugh fangirling more on

joined Jul 17, 2013

I love this so much... I need another updateee

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Its not that i mind manga doing impossible stuff - it happens all the time - but - i dont want it 'utterly impossible' to the point of 'too dumb even for fiction' - like stopping time for the whole universe would be - who's she meant to be - the creator of the universe?

As for sakuya, like i said, id always assumed most who can stop time, are actualy just removing 'themselves' from it - so they can move etc instantly seeming and then 're-enter' the flow- that's a WHOLE lot more believable- even in a world with magic.

And the freezing time while talking to people and then walking off and nobody says anything?? It's not 'overthinking'. Its not like i mind the basic premis a schoolgirl can freeze time in some way. But you can do that well, or badly - I just wish it was self consistant and not full of obvious issues.

All that said- i still find it somewhat enjoyable and will keep reading :) Though I also didnt like the long haired girls attitude in part 2 - hope she isnt as shallow as she seems there.

last edited at Sep 22, 2013 9:38PM

joined Oct 11, 2010

Could be that she is moving really fast in time and everyone "seems" to stop... hard to say as the concept is just used as a way to move the story along, I doubt that there will be a good 'slain'n chapter... plus it's still easier to buy then the average Touhou Project concepts...

I agree with this possibly turning into mega-angst though, overall I like it.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Its not that i mind manga doing impossible stuff - it happens all the time - but - i dont want it 'utterly impossible' to the point of 'too dumb even for fiction' - like stopping time for the whole universe would be - who's she meant to be - the creator of the universe?

As for sakuya, like i said, id always assumed most who can stop time, are actualy just removing 'themselves' from it - so they can move etc instantly seeming and then 're-enter' the flow- that's a WHOLE lot more believable- even in a world with magic.

And the freezing time while talking to people and then walking off and nobody says anything?? It's not 'overthinking'. Its not like i mind the basic premis a schoolgirl can freeze time in some way. But you can do that well, or badly - I just wish it was self consistant and not full of obvious issues.

All that said- i still find it somewhat enjoyable and will keep reading :) Though I also didnt like the long haired girls attitude in part 2 - hope she isnt as shallow as she seems there.

HAHAHHAHAHAH!! Well, let's not include the Touhou charas then, even if I'm the one who started it.

I agree with you at the Time stop ability... and I have nothing more to say simply because I don't have anything...

I got fooled by the long-haired girl. I thought she was, I don't know, innocent. More like, not a cheater or something...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Cliffhangers! Why??

joined Apr 13, 2012

What did just happened? Liked Murakami until that lie, it was kind of a shock, but well, it's not like Moritani's so honest, didn't she just used her power to run away from a simple situation? Anyway, i know i'm complaining but i really like it xD

Yurinsijdisjdijs
joined Oct 15, 2011

What a lie.

Topbow3
joined Feb 11, 2013

You know, most of the time when the 'Time Stopping' trope is used, the user usually does stop the entire universe. Limited time stopping is actually the exception since it'll cause major issues like a part of the world being out of sync with the rest.

The walking off part is a problem, though. Maybe her power makes people automatically forget about her, amnesia-like?

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

Rather than freezing time, she may be just slowing it down. Kinda like the movie "Clock stoppers". That black haired chick is a mystery though..

Anyone else kinda lose interest during the second chapter?

last edited at Sep 23, 2013 5:52AM

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Am i the only one who felt like that that was a dick move by Murakami-san? Yes yes, i otherwise like this manga but i just thought that was lousy.

Also, i predict angst.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well I liked the first episode more, Murakami is just teasing that little puppy and I don't mind the fact that she stops time but as the others said, it bugs me that no one find really weird her disappearances... Rumors might be spreading around the school about that by now!

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

such twist !
I was startled for real ! DX
and what was that ? I could stop time, you could move still so I'd like you ?
hahahhahahahaha wait for next chap. Thanks !

Maxresdefault
joined Feb 5, 2013

This series is awesome :)
And even though I didn't like murakami's lie I still dthink she's friggin' hot xD I just love how she teases Moritani ^^

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

D'awwwww! What a cutie. Gettin' revenge on a cheating bastard. Adorable.

Come_mi_vedo_2
joined Apr 23, 2013

pleeeeease! keep your expectations high, i promise: it'll get better and better!!!!
i don't care about the supernatural details, i think time-stopping it's just a metaphor to show how moritani reacts when she feels fragile or insecure or how she tries to escape from difficult situations. but i just love those characters with their differences and their ups and downs.
keep waitiiiiin'

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ALRIGHT! now is taking a very good route! she apologized, having fun... No man in the middle, we only have to enjoy the yuriness.

Perthro
joined May 3, 2013

She apologized, yay!

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Aw, I wish Chapter 3 were just one page longer. I want to see that cheating asshole get his comeuppance!

To reply you must either login or sign up.