Forum › Posts by follower

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

I am sad to say that Adventure Time is over, but in the last episode Marcaline kissed Bubblegum's sweet sweet lips. It is canon now and I am very glad.

At the same time YumiKuri got the worst possible ending ever. So it's even more remarkable that we got canon Bubbline!

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

My Kotoumi senses started tingling when Kotori confided in Umi and told her about her plans to study abroad. Unfortunately, Umi never said anything,..
After that I didn't pay much attention to the pairing because Kotori was sort of inconspicuous in the anime and Umi was, well, Umi. But after reading Kotori's School Idol Diary stories I just couldn't stop shipping them anymore.

last edited at May 29, 2016 2:13PM

joined Aug 1, 2013

I don't think she know English so well to read this thread but it's just maybe my opinion xD

What makes you think that way? I mean most people nowadays know some basic English from school or maybe i am mistaken?

I agree. Even if their spoken/written English isn't always perfect, I believe Asians understand English quite well. Their school system is very hard so they must learn a lot of English, too. Besides it's not like Dynasty is the pinnacle of English language, either. You can clearly tell there are lots of ESLs.

I still don't think ssamba frequents this place though because you'd have to be very involved in western yuri fandom to even find this place.

last edited at May 3, 2015 4:23PM

joined Aug 1, 2013

When I read some people saying FF is draggy or something similar I feel like they don't seem to understand how nice is that the story isn't jumping because it feels natural and sweeter. I don't want the story to rush confessions or kisses unless it feels natural. I think the fact that the story moves slowly is the reason why I really love this manhwa. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like it when yuri story have kisses from the beginning, I just think it's sweeter when it happens slowly.

Of course it's nice to see a relationship unfold slowly, it's just that as readers you're more or less left dangling in the air for a week so it's understandable that people call it draggy, even if story-wise, it's not draggy at all (a draggy story would be Citrus, where saburouta keeps introducing unnecessary love rivals because she can't think of anything else). People who call it draggy most likely love it (they're just impatient and want to know how it ends) and aren't trying to troll you or anything.

joined Aug 1, 2013

So, does anyone know how long those webcomic series on comico usually are? So I have an idea when I can expect something substantial to happen?

follower
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 14:07
joined Aug 1, 2013

Well.....I'm a big fan of Yuri artworks,and Dynasty Reader is a pretty good website that satisfies all my demands.As I'm trying hard to learn English(I'm not a native English speaker but Chinese),I do want to make a friend who's a big fan of Yuri artworks just like me.We can talk about Yuri artworks,life,culture(I can teach you Chinese as well) or something like that.Guys if you are interested please leave your contact info.(By the way,twitter,facebook are banned in China)

You can also try some other platforms like tumblr. Depending on the fandom, you can find lots of yuri friends (and they mostly use English to communicate). The advantage is that you don't have to give away your private email address but can get familiar with each other through blog entries, reblogs or private messages first.

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

I have seen yuri manga with plot like this about one billion times. And at this point i just click thru the pages with 'meh, boring' expression.
Really, I feel sorry for authors who can't come up at least something original.

I feel sorry for readers who bitch about a manga but can't come up with a better story and with art that is just as good themselves.

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

people debating and analyzing which ships are more likely in an idol series

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

I have read too many Umi -> Kotori -> Honoka doujins that I'm already traumatized. Life is hard as a KotoUmi shipper.

Not as hard as a Honoumi/KotoHono/OT3 Shipper considering how often Honoka gets third wheeled for the sake of KotoUmi.

I have always thought that Honoka x Kotori/Umi pairings were more popular than KotoUmi (I heard the manga had some HonoUmi subtext or something), but that might be my misconception. I guess part of the problem is that Honoka could literally open her own harem because she's so shippable with everyone.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Hmm. I was under the impression that (these four oneshots) My Unique Day, Pie wo Agemasho Anata ni Pie (w)o ne, Sawako-san to Uchuu Ryokou (A Space Voyage with Suwako-san), Mou Suki Nante Iwanai kara (I Won't Say I Love You Anymore) were all part of the Pie wo Agemasho, Anata ni Pie wo ne Collection by Sakamoto Mano.

On that note, I actually haven't seen the 2nd oneshot which the collection was named after anywhere. I kinda wonder if it actually exists. Haha.

It does exist, it just hasn't been translated for some odd reason. It was published in Yuri Hime Vol. 22

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 1:51PM

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

I have read too many Umi -> Kotori -> Honoka doujins that I'm already traumatized. Life is hard as a KotoUmi shipper.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Is it just me or is it really awkward to read? The phrasing is really weird. Is it just the way it was written? Cause there are a lot of mistakes.

I feel the same way, the grammar seemed a little weird in this. Not sure if it's because of the formal speech pattern the group tried to translate or whether this happens in every one of their scanlations.

joined Aug 1, 2013

N-no, Fueko, being a NEET is bad. Even the laziest people have to work for a living, if you can't be bothered to have a relationship with a nympho then at least invest into something like a career for a stable income without leeching off your parents! Dang, Fueko and Ruki were the only characters I liked but this extra made Ruki look pussywhipped and Fueko like a failure. And the jerky characters Sacchan and Remi got a bright future ahead of them which is not to my liking.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Can someone explain what is going on here? Is Akagi cheating on Kaga or is she doing Shoukaku because she can't have Kaga or what? Is there a sequel, prequel of sorts?

follower
Assassin YK discussion 29 Sep 13:36
joined Aug 1, 2013

Annie's words in this doujin pretty much reminded me of the final two episodes of SnK I watched today. It was a very emotional ride. I hated Annie for killing Levi's awesome squad in the manga, but damnit, the anime actually made me like her. Wtf.

MrE Message: Learn to spoiler your spoilers you bad, bad person.

Edit: Sorry about that, I was thinking about whether anime stuff still counted as spoiler now that it's finished airing before I posted, but decided it didn't. I'll make sure to use spoiler tags next time to be sure.

last edited at Sep 29, 2013 4:05PM

follower
Fragtime discussion 22 Sep 18:17
joined Aug 1, 2013

I don't like long haired chick. What she did was uncalled for. Making up lies like that just to cheat on an exam.

Well, the teacher does touch her sometimes, it's just that she's accepted it. Besides that short-haired girl isn't exactly a saint either after staring at long-hair's panties in ch 01 XD

follower
Image Comments 22 Sep 02:33
joined Aug 1, 2013
Yumikuri2

Ymir's rational thinking was logged-out. XD

joined Aug 1, 2013

Chapter 08 heads-up:

There's a page missing between page 11 and page 12 (credits page):

http://i.imgur.com/nZ9fkU5.jpg

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

Those Ferris wheel cabins...are they actually bread-shaped?! (With Sasha staring at them from the center?)

joined Aug 1, 2013

Just pointing out that the pages seem to be out of order.

P.S. I think Ymir's beautiful, even without make-up. But I'm probably biased as a YumiKuri fan.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Aw man, gotta love Lyy's sense of humour!

joined Aug 1, 2013

Dat Donut halo above Sascha in chapter 5!

follower
joined Aug 1, 2013

Artist doesn't have a pixiv but she has a blog here: http://blog.sina.com.cn/czrdian
She did this one too: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/what_kind_of_expression_would_mikasa_ackerman_do

If possible her artist tag on Dynasty could be "czrdian" as I can't into pinyin. If anyone can actually read Chinese it'd be great.
Well, under her profile pic it says "电二", maybe we could romanize it as "dian er"