Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

http://imgur.com/a/3QR3L

make love not quarrel lasses and lads, for here hath sailed forth another typeset

Doing this typeset, I just realized how hard seol-a had fallen for no-rae
can't say the same for no-rae tho, although she clearly like seol-a as well, just not the same depth, I think...

joined Jan 17, 2016

make love not quarrel lasses and lads, for here hath sailed forth another typeset

can't say the same for no-rae tho, although she clearly like seol-a as well, just not the same depth, I think...

Nah ...norea like seola alot too ..but we dont get to see her point of view much ...thats why i think we'll get norea point of view next week ..norae is suffering alot too but we only seen seola pov lately so ..next week is deffenlty will be from norea pov when i think seola will behave differently around norae the same thing that happend b4 when norea first discoverd her feelings and hopflluly their will be a fight cuz only then their will be story development

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Thanks for the typeset ^^

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Thanks Thatanon and Halmoni.
One of the best chapters in a long time.

Like she's never been in love before..

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 6:47AM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Nah ...norea like seola alot too ..but we dont get to see her point of view much ...thats why i think we'll get norea point of view next week ..norae is suffering alot too but we only seen seola pov lately so ..next week is deffenlty will be from norea pov when i think seola will behave differently around norae the same thing that happend b4 when norea first discoverd her feelings and hopflluly their will be a fight cuz only then their will be story development

I think so too. No-Rae is totally head over heels for Seol-A but she thinks she can't get her because she wants Seol-A to have a shot at a normal life, she doesn't want to interfere. Being at her side in her life is enough. I think some point there will be a break in that because as they are right now Seol-A is pulling away ( just like No-Rae did in the beginning when she went back home). I think there will be a big blow up soon. They will have to stay in the same room together.

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

Exactly thats what we need
Because soo far we see the whole one sided feeling from Seola's side
And what we know bout Norae the best was when she admited she liked Seola
But she didnt show it rather than being clueless and going fangirling over enah
And sungpyo guy made it worse
Norae's pov is soo important and how she act first and clean the misunderstanding will be the opening gate to the next step of their relationship

#SeolaOnTopTeam

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 7:46AM

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

by fallen really hard i mean like falling-from-pluto-all-the-way-back-to-the-earth kind of hard, if that is even comprehensible lol
no-rae sure had her moments too, but since they are kinda far between her words felt kinda empty, although still sweet
soo well i guess you are all right, we need more no rae POVs!

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 8:30AM

joined Aug 18, 2015

There are some inner thoughts of Norae in chapter 57. No-rae is also hoplessly in love with Seola.

btw, thank you for the typeset!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

re possibility of Seol-a running away:
Given how thoroughly Ssamba has developed her characters, I'd be somewhat surprised and disappointed if Seol-a ran away. That's not her style. That's No-rae's style, and they're very different people. I certainly wouldn't. That doesn't have to be the response, and I hope it's not.

All I can think of is the scene where Seol-a is in the hallway and grab's No-rae asking her not to abandon here...or judge her?? I can't remember which chapter this is, even. Plus, it's happened twice. At least. And, realistically, Ina knows something's up. Even if she didn't try to assume more than friendship, she knows they need to talk with one another.

Ultimately, I think it would be pretty childish and immature of Seol-a to throw that sort of behavior back in No-rae's face. Yes, people do things like that when they're scared, but I want her to be more mature than that. She said she wouldn't run. (Bath house.)

@Tiger:
I saw your post on my way to bed and resolved to my earlier decision, so anyway...

I think I earlier described that I had a similar reaction, but your post had me re-analyzing it, again. It really was an emotional collision. There were know panes or moments between. I think the chapter might've been better of without it. The action sequencing of the entire chapter was a bit hard to follow, but I think it flowed well emotionally up to that shift.

It might've been a "last minute" pick-me-up for the readers after that devastating frame of Seol-a's heartsick face. ...It still...seems like a mistake. Did that work for anyone?

--Oh. And the whole time I was reading/looking at the scenes with No-rae and Sung-pyo walking together, I wanted her to tell him she's not interested. Seriously?! No, she's not leading him on, but, come on? Has she yet said anything to let him know their chapter is very much over. I mean, look at his face!

(Totally bottled that in yesterday.)

Ughh... I'm just so not complacent like that. Or conflict averse. ...No-rae's fine.

After reading with the words attached (thank you thatanon). 1) I was able to laugh at the concluding scene 2) My upset at the lack of action on No-rae's part was dissipated rereading Seol-a's unsure, inner monologue (said over images of No-rae's sleeping face) because No-rae can't any more certain.

I guess I do want Ina to say something because if this unfolded in a realistic, not-happy-path way (as is the road for most relationships, successful or unsuccessful), we'd be many chapters away from happy feelings. I'll take the ending as a promise from Ssamba not to drag us through these dark (and for some of us very familiar) feelings much longer.

No matter what else happens--even a confession--I want to "hear" No-rae's side of things. I'd like to know if she's just coasting along (protecting herself), holding her feelings and not doing anything with them, or if she's really unsure what decision to make, or if she's just as scared as No-rae (which I honestly haven't felt, seen or heard from her yet).

Without out the other side of the story, I'm just going to keep getting upset on Seol-a's behalf.
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

P.S. Thanks again to thatanon for swift delivery of the typeset.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I'm hoping the next chapter gets No Rae moving, looking for Seola, and then maybe something. But my gut tells me the old boyfriend would show up in the nick of time to save the day!

Tanks thatanon!!!

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Thanks muchly for the typeset thatanon!

The action sequencing of the entire chapter was a bit hard to follow, but I think it flowed well emotionally up to that shift.

It might've been a "last minute" pick-me-up for the readers after that devastating frame of Seol-a's heartsick face. ...It still...seems like a mistake. Did that work for anyone?

Who knows what Ssamba's really thinking or why she did things the way she did, but trying to look at things from a purely technical standpoint (disclaimer: IANA comic creator)... both scenes (Seol-a's and No-rae's) needed to happen this chapter to clue in Enah as setup for something next chapter. However, having No-rae's scene first (so not in flashback form anymore, but just chronologically) would have dampened the emotional impact of Seol-a's scene, because what makes her scene hit hard (at least for me) is that the readers can relate to Seol-a in that we don't know No-rae's feelings. Well to be more accurate, Seol-a doesn't know No-rae reciprocates at all, and as for the readers, though we do know No-rae has at least admitted to herself she loves Seol-a, we have no idea if or how she's going to act on that.

But yeah, the result is the chapter ending on a weird uptick that feels emotionally inconsistent with the the rest of the chapter. I would have liked it if post-flashback we returned to Seol-a's scene, even briefly. Maybe showing depressed Seol-a leaving, or a lightbulb going off in Enah's head and her being serious for once and wondering what to do with the situation. But there's only so long a chapter can get :( If only Ssamba were superhuman.

--Oh. And the whole time I was reading/looking at the scenes with No-rae and Sung-pyo walking together, I wanted her to tell him she's not interested. Seriously?! No, she's not leading him on, but, come on? Has she yet said anything to let him know their chapter is very much over. I mean, look at his face!

I definitely want to see closure with Sung-pyo but don't think the pressure should be on No-rae for that, I think it will be hard for progress on that front until the dude makes a move, which the beginning of the chapter seems to hint that he will. It wouldn't really make sense for No-rae to out of nowhere say "oppa you still don't like me right?" or "boy, I'm sure glad we're completely platonic friends now ^^" haha (though it would be kind of hilarious). I'm fairly confident that things will get wrapped up though (i.e. highly unlikely that they're going to start dating again) and in a way that moves things forward. Maybe Seol-a will overhear No-rae turn him down...? Maybe even by admitting there's someone else she likes now? One can dream...

As for all the discussion about No-rae reciprocating...

I don't think No-rae's feelings are less deep than Seol-a's. As others have already pointed out, POV is important and we have been getting a very one-sided view of things for the last couple chapters. If you look at the end of chapter 57 (No-rae's internal monologue when she sees Seol-a in the bakery), taken out of context, the scene looks like one-sided No-rae ---> Seol-a because at that time, we're getting a (unfortunately rare) glimpse of No-rae's POV. I hope we get more of it going forward because things are starting to feel a little unbalanced.

Also, unlike Seol-a, No-rae hasn't had the benefit of having her hand forced. She's said that she's content to stay by Seol-a's side forever and as far as she knows, there's nothing stopping that from happening/the status quo seems nice, happy, and stable. Though at least, she's noticed and is bothered by Seol-a acting distant at times, and I really want her to connect the dots and realize that it happens when Sung-pyo is involved... meanwhile, Seol-a is under the impression that No-rae and Sung-pyo are this close to getting back together and she's about to be friendzoned.

Okay, getting back to work now >>;;

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 11:55AM

joined Mar 9, 2015

Oooohhhh it's getting a bit angsty.

I hope that within the 100 chapters planned at least 10-15 chapters are about them as a couple and how they handle friends and family.

Thanks Halmoni for translation (and not meaning to be ungrateful) I think the bubble where Seol-A calls No-Rae about snowboard doesn't translate well: sorry and always grateful for your quick translation.

joined Jan 31, 2015

A note/clarification about the translation/wording in Chapter 61 by halmoni:

Line from the chapter:

Just what is she to me...What does Kim No-rae mean to me....

Source:
http://pastebin.com/Pa9uLgaq

anonymous Tumblr user:

In the last FF chapter, why is Seol-a still wondering what No-rae means to her, shouldn't it be reversed? Like instead, what is she to No-rae? Is Seol-a still confused or what?

Because like Seol-a said, No-rae hasn’t shown any sort of response to her feelings (although Seol-a hasn’t explicitly told No-rae about her feelings yet either lol). She’s the straightforward type of person who doesn’t enjoy pussyfooting around, and the stress has built up to the point where she’s just frustrated. The Korean dialogue literally said “Just what are you”, which implied “Just what makes you so special that you make me care about you”.

You have to realize that Seol-a and No-rae have very different personalities. Wondering what they mean to the other person is more along the lines of something that No-rae might think. Seol-a is direct; she wants to know why No-rae is making her feel this way. To me, it felt like she was one step away from giving up on No-rae in the last chapter because of all the emotional pain she had to endure. So she was sort of asking herself, “Why am I doing this? Why am I torturing myself? Will it even be worth it in the end?”.

As of right now, she believes that she doesn’t mean anything to No-rae, other than just being a friend. Like she said before “You ignore my feelings on a daily basis with that clueless expression of yours”.

Source:
http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/138024146682/in-the-last-ff-chapter-why-is-seol-a-still

anonymous Tumblr user:

Thank you so much for answering. That makes a lot more sense. I hope you could add notes like that (“Just what makes you so special that you make me care about you”.) in the scans because I think many (like me) are missing out on those implied phrases that are lost in translation from Kr to Eng ;)

Translation is always a constant battle between sounding awkward and losing meaning. Idk I try my best to keep the original meaning but my english vocab is reduced by like 40% when I’m thinking in korean lol

For example, i thought saying “what are you kim no-rae”, which was the literal translation, sounded too impersonal and distant in english. And awkward/possibly misleading. Even if I had added the implied “what are you (to me)”, it still sounded clunky and weird imo, partly because it’s not very common to refer to people as “what”/뭐 in english. But saying “who are you to me” wouldn’t have made sense context-wise, although if you took the meaning literally, it was accurate. So I opted to use “what do you mean to me” as the most appropriate translation because it explained the emotional implication if the “who/what” without sounding strange

Idk that’s my thought process but I think it might be redundant to add notes for stuff like that. You’re always free to ask me about certain lines and whatnot though.

Source:
http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/138029875512/thank-you-so-much-for-answering-that-makes-a-lot

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 3:38PM

joined Apr 25, 2015

And just few months back everyone were saying there is not enough Seo-la centred chapters... We all know that No-Rae likes Seo-la a lot like being protective in a taxi and etc. No need for another monologue chapter, we need action.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Also, unlike Seol-a, No-rae hasn't had the benefit of having her hand forced. She's said that she's content to stay by Seol-a's side forever and as far as she knows, there's nothing stopping that from happening/the status quo seems nice, happy, and stable. Though at least, she's noticed and is bothered by Seol-a acting distant at times, and I really want her to connect the dots and realize that it happens when Sung-pyo is involved... meanwhile, Seol-a is under the impression that No-rae and Sung-pyo are this close to getting back together and she's about to be friendzoned.

As I was reading the comments before yours I realized why No-rae didn't just turn Sung-pyo down. No-rae's not evil for thinking this way, honestly, but it makes sense.

She's convinced that Seol-a is straight. If she isn't going to date Seol-a anyway, she might be willing to try again with Sung-pyo. It would definitely be worth a shot if Seol-a actually WAS straight, and No-rae doesn't know what we know, not yet.

But then I read your comment and it all clicked. It now feels like the comic taking this long was to finally put No-rae in a position where she had to confess and be vulnerable: something she hates doing, but something that would be vital for their relationship.

Seol-a has already made herself vulnerable. She shows it (on the outside too). She tries to get somewhere with No-rae. For Ssamba's purposes, Seol-a is pretty much there already (the attempted confession was to show us something about her being serious, not to actually happen). It's No-rae who needs to get out there and show us how much she likes Seol-a (which has been rather hidden in recent chapters as people have noted).

It makes a lot of sense to me, however, with President Yoon involved the story may go elsewhere. It seems too easy now if she helps the two along, and I'd actually prefer the angsty, distant Seol-a route to force No-rae's hand.

With the amount of foreshadowing early on in the story about No-rae's walls and such, it seems like a very fitting climax to have her deal with that. Plus, Seol-a has been trying to get past them forever, even going so far as to chase No-rae to her hometown, and it still wasn't enough! Seems like No-rae is going to have to do it voluntarily now.

P.S. Seems that although yes, after the car accident Seol-a got a bit distant with No-rae, she couldn't help herself and stuck by No-rae's side. No-rae did not have to do anything. Aside from retrieving Seol-a when she was drunk, I don't believe she has done much chasing (and even then, she ran away right after)? Ever since the drunk incident it's been a lot of boys (WITH FACES AND NAMES EVEN) trying to date No-rae, and Seol-a just ignores dudes so bad they don't even reappear a chapter later.

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 5:21PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@cipp & @Tiger

As I was reading the comments before yours I realized why No-rae didn't just turn Sung-pyo down. No-rae's not evil for thinking this way, honestly, but it makes sense.

She's convinced that Seol-a is straight. If she isn't going to date Seol-a anyway, she might be willing to try again with Sung-pyo. It would definitely be worth a shot if Seol-a actually WAS straight, and No-rae doesn't know what we know, not yet.

What evidence has been presented that No-rae thinks Seol-a is straight? Also, I don't see any hint that she's still interested in Sung-pyo.

What we got from No-rae's inner monologue is that she's somewhat content with things as they stand--or so she thought then. I think that that thought was a bit naive. Cause she's clearly bothered by Seol-a not being present.

What do you two mean by "hasn't had the benefit of having her hand forced"? Are you referring to Seol-a having to face up to her responses to the ex-boyfriend being present? If so, then is that that much more different than No-rae having to deal with Seol-a drifting away (whenever the ex is around).

Again, we don't know that No-rae tried to get drunk. We do see that she was bothered by Seol-a's going off, but, you know, easy going No-rae. Doesn't think she should maybe leave Sung-pyo and go after her friend...

With the amount of foreshadowing early on in the story about No-rae's walls and such, it seems like a very fitting climax to have her deal with that. Plus, Seol-a has been trying to get past them forever, even going so far as to chase No-rae to her hometown, and it still wasn't enough! Seems like No-rae is going to have to do it voluntarily now.

I agree with this. In order for them--No-rae to have a successful relationship she's going to have to learn how to communicate. I don't think she'll have to even do much (out of character or out of her comfort zone) because if she can just get Seol-a to start talking, I think Seol-a will take the reigns (depending up on her mental state).

If someone's oblivious to certain things, that's not wrong. It just is. Seol-a likes No-rae as is, so she'll have to deal with that at times. Seol-a likes to be direct, but she doesn't know how to navigate this situation. No-rae is more likely to let things go and so I do think Seol-a is more vulnerable in the current circumstance. No-rae is conflict averse and hasn't connected Seol-a's absences to her own behavior with her ex. I think Seol-a might be a bit to broken right now to notice that No-rae has reacted to her change in behavior. The ball is is No-rae's court.

Reading the words from Seol-a's head, it sounds like she's in a bit of denial at this point. She stated very clearly that her feelings weren't platonic a few chapters ago, but her words this past chapter were much more ambiguous. Clearly, she's scared. No-rae on the other hand, to me, she just hasn't decided to act yet. She doesn't seem particularly scared. So given that she's less messed up right now, I do think she's in a better position (mentally) to reach, but she won't if she isn't motivated by something. It's easier (for her) not to act.

Remember, No-rae didn't wonder that Seol-a might've been deeply hurt by her running away earlier on in their relationship. She was a bit in awe at Seol-a's persistence (when Seol-a finally _talked to her. See how that works?). I think it would be a good growth sign if No-rae finally did consider: "Oh, Seol-a's affected, maybe it has something to do with me". Or, "Oh. I'm affected. Maybe I should talk with the person about whom I care most." Stop beings so complacent. Grr!

...Falling for super nice, caring, oblivious people can hurt like...ugh!

I also agree that she won't say anything to Sung-pyo unless he makes a move and that he probably will.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

What evidence has been presented that No-rae thinks Seol-a is straight? Also, I don't see any hint that she's still interested in Sung-pyo.

I don't think she is still interested in Sung-pyo. It seems implied the way No-rae isn't chasing the way Seol-a is chasing her that No-rae does not yet, or does not want to (letdown), hope for a future with Seol-a (maybe it seems like a long shot considering Seol-a's reputation).

She knows she liked Sung-pyo in the past and could be wondering in her mind if there'd be anything left to pick back up on (although at the moment there IS nothing there because Seol-a took over the space).

No-rae could also just not want to confront Sung-pyo about anything, such as it being OVER, but this could also be a way of No-rae finally having to say something.

Overall, I don't care either way because I don't think Ssamba will actually elaborate further than "No-rae isn't going to date Sung-pyo again". Regardless of No-rae's thoughts about if Sung-pyo is hopeless or a rebound for Seol-a or whatever, they are not going to date. (The ratings. Think of the ratings.)

What do you two mean by "hasn't had the benefit of having her hand forced"? Are you referring to Seol-a having to face up to her responses to the ex-boyfriend being present? If so, then is that that much more different than No-rae having to deal with Seol-a drifting away (whenever the ex is around).

I meant what the poster before me meant (I think?), that No-rae was sitting in the middle of everything going in no direction. She has not needed to do anything to keep Seol-a in the past. Seol-a gets it (mostly) together and stays after being uncomfortable around No-rae after the accident. I don't recall No-rae having ever had to confront Seol-a about avoidance.

This is the important part. The other part is more theory than anything and I doubt any closure on it, but I want No-rae to act, and with Sung-pyo and Seol-a both on the scene there are at least two opportunities to have to get in people's faces.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

@FFF

Thanks Halmoni for translation (and not meaning to be ungrateful) I think the bubble where Seol-A calls No-Rae about snowboard doesn't translate well: sorry and always grateful for your quick translation.

An alternate translation of the part "so you do you" would be something like "I'll be doing my own thing" (implying "so go ahead and keep hanging out with your friend"). Dunno if that sounds any clearer to you?

@ffins07 & @Tiger

What evidence has been presented that No-rae thinks Seol-a is straight?

I don't think that No-rae thought about it in depth and concluded Seol-a is straight. But I do think she just assumes she is, because heteronormativity lol. That's why she thought the best possible outcome is staying close to Seol-a as friends. But you're right that there's no evidence. I can't really draw any definite conclusions about this because there hasn't been much info about how queer relationships are perceived in the world of FF. The only time it came up was pretty early on when No-rae's friend was jokingly all "omo you went to Australia and now you're playing for the other team? I don't have anything against people like that but please give me some time to get used to this."

As an aside, at least that quote lets us know it's not some unrealistic paradise where everyone is all "you're gay? Hooray!" which is a relief to me. But I'd also prefer to avoid the other extreme of omg realism!! tragic gays!!! and read chapter after chapter about Seolrae dealing with homophobes/backlash from friends and family. Well, I'm trusting Ssamba to find a good middle ground and address that aspect while keeping the focus on the main relationship. Despite the current angst levels, overall FF is supposed to be a happy story. I mean just look at that pink fluffy title :)

What do you two mean by "hasn't had the benefit of having her hand forced"?

My wording wasn't great here, sorry. I actually meant that on more of a meta level, the story (via the ski trip ex situation) has given Seol-a more opportunity to show the depth of her feelings, and gain the understanding/sympathy of the readers. This was in response to some earlier comments which seemed to be implying that Seol-a loves No-rae a lot more strongly than No-rae loves Seol-a. Which I disagree with. It's true that at the moment, Seol-a is hurting while No-rae is kinda oblivious, which is super frustrating, yeah, but that's more of a product of the situation than being indicative of some sort of inequality in feelings.

Reading the words from Seol-a's head, it sounds like she's in a bit of denial at this point. She stated very clearly that her feelings weren't platonic a few chapters ago, but her words this past chapter were much more ambiguous. Clearly, she's scared.

halmoni's additional translation notes (which anonymous posted earlier) address this, it's not really denial/reverting back to thinking maybe her feelings are platonic after all. She's not scared, she's frustrated and tired of having these (as far as she knows) unreciprocated feelings that are only causing her pain. As for the narrative purpose of these lines, maybe it's just to heighten the angst, or maybe it's pointing to Seol-a hitting a limit soon and doing something (confessing, or running away) that will in turn require some action on No-rae's part. Who knows.

What we got from No-rae's inner monologue is that she's somewhat content with things as they stand--or so she thought then. I think that that thought was a bit naive. Cause she's clearly bothered by Seol-a not being present.

Yup, agreed. Going back to chapter 37: "Right now I just want to stay by her side and remain there, that's all... What if my desires grow? What would I do then?" Since then, No-rae's desires have grown/are continuing to grow, and I think she would eventually have come back to this question on her own... it just would have taken a while because like you guys said, it's No-rae's character to go with the flow and not take direct action on her own. But the ski trip has created a situation in which No-rae will have to answer it much sooner that she would have otherwise, possibly before she's really prepared to do so. The catalyst being either Seol-a's increasing frustration manifesting itself in a way that No-rae definitely can't NOT notice, or some move on Sung-pyo's part. Enah will also be involved of course but I don't think it will be as blatant as "hey, I found out your feelings are mutual, win-win, now kiss" as that would be too contrived, I think she'll continue the conversation she had before with No-rae and guide her towards answering the question of "what I want to do with that person."

I think it would be a good growth sign if No-rae finally did consider: "Oh, Seol-a's affected, maybe it has something to do with me". Or, "Oh. I'm affected. Maybe I should talk with the person about whom I care most." Stop beings so complacent. Grr!

Agreed 100x. I really want to see this happen (No-rae taking the initiative, and the two of them having a proper conversation).

joined Jan 17, 2016

Dose anyone know excatly how old norae and seola ...i mean i thought they were around 21 but they both went on year break in austrelia so must be 22 right ?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Dose anyone know excatly how old norae and seola ...i mean i thought they were around 21 but they both went on year break in austrelia so must be 22 right ?

There was a panel that said (if i remember clearly) No-Rae was 23. I think it as when the rest of her familly was introdused, like her brother and her sister and how old they are too.
Btw still curious when or if No-Rae's sister will show up

joined Jan 31, 2015

Layla:

MacySan:

There was a panel that said (if i remember clearly) No-Rae was 23. I think it as when the rest of her familly was introdused, like her brother and her sister and how old they are too.
[...]

Yep.

Chapter 19:
http://imgur.com/a/PgQJK
This part:
http://i.imgur.com/b4nYFZf.jpg

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I think Korean count their age one year extra (for the time in mommy's tummy). No-rae might be 22 Western age

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

I think Korean count their age one year extra (for the time in mommy's tummy). No-rae might be 22 Western age

Yup, or possibly even 21 because of how Korean age is incremented at the beginning of the New Year (so depending on the time of year, your Korean age can be up to 2 years greater than your Western age).

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

It's not just traditional age - 1 = international age, actually. It's that when you are born, you start off being 1 year old. Then, it increments by 1 not on your birthday, but on New Year's Day. (And I'd assume it's the traditional Asian New Year's Day, not the Western New Year.) So in theory, if you were born on the very last day of the year, on that day, you are 1 year old in the traditional calendar. Then, the next day, which is New Year's Day, you are already 2 years old in the traditional calendar.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the usage of the traditional calendar...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning

For official government uses, documents, and legal procedures, a chronological age system is used akin to the system used in Western countries. Regulations regarding age limits on beginning school, as well as the age of consent, are all based on a chronological system (man-nai).[16][20] The age limit for tobacco, alcohol use are after January 1st of the year one's age turns to 19.[citation needed]

So I think the traditional calendar is only use for traditional celebration purposes. For anything official, they use the international age system. So I'd assume that the stated age of 23 is an "official" age, meaning she is 23 in the international calendar.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 12:03PM

joined Jan 17, 2016

So what we know for sure is norea is 22 but 23 in korean age ...so is seola kkkkkk...

To reply you must either login or sign up.