Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I totally expected it to be the new guy, not Maki-kun, but this makes it pretty interesting. And basically what everyone else said.. Love the consent, the "you're sweet" line. Basically, I love how real and free of cliches this story is. Definitely one of the best-written yuri stories I've read, so far.

I think my favorite part though, is how Yuu doesn't immediately fall in love in return, but things about it seriously and tries to be open-minded, and not afraid.

(And the credits page! giggle Always gotta watch the credits page)

I got to agree with what you said. Its nice that Yuu doesn't immediately fall in love but we know that she will eventually fall for her. Who can resist the student president Nanami for long. I know I wouldnt be able too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Well, to be fair, the author still went with the "her eyelashes are so long" cliche line. :D

Haha, true. But, well, there's always going to be cliches. I guess what I meant is that they're used well. That's the common thing to say now isn't it? That "tropes are tools", not inherently good or bad. And I think the author is doing very well at keeping a natural feel about their relationship and interactions.

@yuzichan: Well, we HOPE she eventually will. Though the title is pretty indicative, thankfully. I could still see this possibly going the way of "I never fell in love with her, but she taught me what it means so now there's a feeling that we'll both find the right person some day".

screw that, she's totally gotta fall for the president!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I like the pacing this story has. It seemed like we would have sort of a draw between council pres and Yuu, good to see Nanami is being direct over her affections.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Haha the extra was soo cute! XD

It defines cute! Especially the way kouhai is now in charge of caring for sempai.

Because she can't allow anyone else to see her weak side! Only Yuu!

After seeing two girls kissed, Maki-kun converted to yuri-ism and vowed to worship Madokami his entire life.

Or is he thinking, "So my crush on the former student council president is OK? I mean, if two girls can... why not two guys?"

Seriously, I love this chapter! The teasing of the president and vice president as the "school's power couple" is cute, but even more so because there is a power-couple blooming on the student council. It is very clear that Yuu is starting to have feelings for Nanami, but slowly. I love that she tells her that she never hated being kissed by her and that she is curious. It makes sense that a girl who never had those type of special feelings for someone would take time to understand what is going on.

There is actually a term for Yuu - Demisexual: A person who does not experience sexual attraction unless they form a strong emotional connection with someone. Many demisexuals think that they are asexual until they form that strong emotional connection. It is clear that this is the pattern this story is following. Yuu is becoming closer and closer to Nanami. In her speech, she came to the realization that she has an emotional connection with her and she truly wants to be by her side to support her. She has shown, time and again, that she understands her better than even her best friends.

The real question, of course, is what Maki will do now that he has seen that they have this type of relationship?

Can't wait for more! I saw that the Chinese translation is up to chapter 8, so I hope we will be getting more soon! :)

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 5:30PM

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

for some reason I'm glad it wasn't the other guy

joined Feb 18, 2015

for some reason I'm glad it wasn't the other guy

I know what you mean! I totally expected it to be him. If it was, I would expect some blackmail to be happening soon. With Maki, I'm not sure what to expect, other than him blushing every time he sees the two of them together!

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I like Sayaka. And I like the idea of Sayaka x Touko, as much as I enjoy Touko x Yuu. So, I'm certainly not opposed to any love triangles or more in-coming yuri concerning Sayaka. And I don't care if my comment offends people!!

joined Mar 25, 2013

I think that Yuu is already attracted to her but doesn't realize it. If we go by how the panels are done, as seen typically in manga/doujins. There's generally something like light/the person is dazzling/whatever. I guess you could count the first instance in chapter 3 (aptly titled 'My first experience with love') page 15, and then on page 26, and there are a few more times it's drawn like that in the next chapters.

Then again, I may be crazy. Just a thought

joined Jul 31, 2014

I just love the way they respect each other and tolerate in relationship. Take everything slowly...how wonderful.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I think that Yuu is already attracted to her but doesn't realize it.

I do agree with you on that statment. As chapter 5 on page 30 has an ominous statment. "Although Im not cut out for love yet. I decided to be by her side. I couldn't just simply give up. But I didn't realize it at that time." My theory is that Yuu does fall in love but Nanami has to leave high school eventually with her being a senior and go university. They probably part ways and it ends there as a manga. And when it does im going to sit in a courner and cry beacause all I want is a happy endings. Im a sucker for happy endings.

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 9:00PM

joined Apr 12, 2014

loving this

joined Apr 12, 2014

I want nanami end up with sayaka :'(

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

Too many dicks introduced.
Somebody spoil me: will there be any het? Even side het?

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 2:57AM

Honeyview_190197%20(3)
joined Dec 16, 2013

I love everything about this manga. The art is so clean and pleasant to the eyes. The character profiles are very well thought out. Cute yet sill makes you think. Just perfect on its own. Kinda sucks that it's my only favorite on-going yuri manga right now. Other series I'm interested in are not Japanese. Takemiya Jin's stories are good too, but they're not long enough and not too deep either. Nishi Uko's much deeper, but don't have good update schedule. Citrus and Netsuzou Trap are kinda trash, intended only for the mass audience. Japanese authors need to step up their game and make a weekly/biweekly yuri webtoon lol

Pretty much how I feel right now as well, both Shitrus and Netsuzou Crap only have the art going for them. (Because holy Godoka is Mei SO SEXY). I'd also like some more Amano Shuninta and would be pretty happy if Ayame 14 could be updated a little more frequently. It's relatable which makes the whole experience hilarious. XD Just no more of that crap she pulled with The Feelings We All Must Endure. (-_-)

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

You should read ch 7 & 8 to understand that Maki-kun tried to help for their romance, not involved in love triangle.He is a Yuri Danshi-type.

A bit different actually.
In my opinion, Maki enjoyed watching how love bonds develop around him (boy x girl love), but obviously avoiding himself to be involved in one. He chose to be a spectator and lost interest once love approaches. The fact that he knew the MCs' love (especially in this case girl x girl love), has made him felt to be special. He was so excited over it.

Now after reading ch 7 & 8, i'm craving for more... Next scene will obviously be in Yuu's bedroom... Yay, it sounds very very delicious for me.. *drooling.. :3 oh, boy..

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 11:35AM by Nezchan

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Because she can't allow anyone else to see her weak side! Only Yuu!

I dont think Nanami intended to allow Yuu to see her weakness. Its more that Yuu who saw through her. That Yuu kept spoiling her, i think its Yuu's weakness.
Why i said so? 1. Because she really wanted to experience how it feels to have someone special. That's why she didnt reject Nanami feeling and instead giving her support and permissions 2. She just hasnt come to realize her feeling to Nanami for her standard on having someone special is so.. (i dont even know what word to say). I believe u know what i mean :)

For%20dyansty
joined Jan 11, 2016

Page 29........ look at Nanami's face... does she find out that someone was watching??

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Page 29........ look at Nanami's face... does she find out that someone was watching??

Nope..

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Can I just say that I like how consent-centred this scene is? Touko makes damn sure Koito is willing to accept it before the kiss, and even after the "permission denied" she hesitates to make sure that it was just Koito reacting to being teased rather than an actual revocation of consent. It really says a lot that she doesn't just kiss her out of nowhere or force it.

Even when Koito says Touko is invading her personal space, Touko apologises and backs off a bit. It's cool to see them actually communicating and talking to each other, and I like that Touko is frank without being pushy (imo).

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I wouldnt have went back for a pencil.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

I wouldnt have went back for a pencil.

Me neither.
But maybe I should start doing that more, who knows what I might find xD

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I tried giving this series a read after all the positive comments it got and I white honestly don't see the big deal with this one. My personal opinion this story doesn't wow me at all and can't find myself caring if anyone ends up together. I'll admit the situation seems more realistic than most yuri manga but I don't really care for the characters. The student president girl comes across as too clingy and annoying and the other girl comes across as your typical tsundere instead of a girl who's never been in love. Also how cliche does it get to have the student council president as a love interest, if the yuri series takes place at school it's either your childhood friend or the student council president. All in all the series is alright to me at best and I won't argue against anyone who believes that this is a great series just that I personally think it's kinda boring

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

C-cute! So cute!

Jo
joined Mar 20, 2014

I have been months avoiding this manga because the frist pages were kind of boring...now i'm addicted, WHAT HAVE U DONE TO ME D:

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

thechampionmike95 posted:

I tried giving this series a read after all the positive comments it got and I white honestly don't see the big deal with this one. My personal opinion this story doesn't wow me at all and can't find myself caring if anyone ends up together. I'll admit the situation seems more realistic than most yuri manga but I don't really care for the characters. The student president girl comes across as too clingy and annoying and the other girl comes across as your typical tsundere instead of a girl who's never been in love. Also how cliche does it get to have the student council president as a love interest, if the yuri series takes place at school it's either your childhood friend or the student council president. All in all the series is alright to me at best and I won't argue against anyone who believes that this is a great series just that I personally think it's kinda boring

But is not what you claim, first we love the art... Second, she is not tsundere, she is not acting tsundere she is in fact very frank with how she feels, if you think that she secretely loves her but is not saying anything then you're one step ahead of everyone or wrong.
And lastly, yeah she is the president but is not love interest yet, she is what you would call "the perfect girl" and when this perfect girl falls in love with the average girl after thinking that she couldn't feel love, the average girl doesn't care... And that's the plot here, of course the name of the manga spoils what's coming but how do we get there? that's what we like.

To reply you must either login or sign up.