Forum › The Last Uniform discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, a fellow Canadian! Well met. Apparently there's been a stage play done--for some reason I get Peter S. Beagle's email newsletter thing.

Yup, I'm as Canadian as introspective movies with bad sound!

Say, i asked this a while ago in another thread but you likely didn't see it. Are you the same PLG that used to frequent the POGGE blog a while back? It's such a distinctive name.

Frequent? Heck, I was a co-blogger for a while. :)
Yup, that's me. So, by that question, you're not only a fellow Canadian, but one with sane politics! VERY pleased to make your acquaintance! Such as we must stick together, especially once Bill C-51 starts swinging into action, what?

Oh, I've been on that side of the political spectrum all my life, although I haven't really been too active these days. C-51, ugh. That's going to be a bag of unpleasantness in the best case, although I expect eventually a lot will be struck down.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Wow the art at the start was great!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

At less it have happy ending ? Some how I feel like I wasted time on this...

In terms of that, the last part is on this very site, so you can find out. I don't think this is much of a spoiler list, but still:

Beniko and Tsumugi: very happy ending. Ai and Fuu-chan: no ending, Ai will keep pursuing Fuu-chan until Fuu-chan grows up. And Fuu-chan is like Fueko in Watashi no Sekai o Kousei Suru Chiri no you na nani ka. Kind of an asexual child who likes to cuddle, still. Anzu gets closure - she lost, and never had a chance against Beniko. Asagi and her sidekick don't change.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Are Beniko and Tsumugi mature in that they fight like a married couple? or really immature, since they're fighting over taking each other's food.

joined Jul 20, 2015

What about Anzu? :'<

It was really cool seeing the guest art from some of my favourite artists. Makes me wanna reread some of theirs now too.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 12, pg 8: "Y, your serious..." should be "You're or You are" not "your"

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 12:08AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

ch 12, pg 8: "Y, your serious..." should be "You're or You are" not "your"

Thanks for pointing that out, but actually, this time, I caught that myself (believe it or not) an hour or so ago and corrected it. As always, hit the reload button in your browser to see the correction.

Edit: I've said it before, but why can't I catch things like that before I upload it? Especially since I've made exactly that same error in an upload before.

Edit 2: I also caught (and fixed) an error on the credits page in my comment on the chapter. take -> takes.

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 12:17AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The thing with Ai and Fuuko is left up in the air, and that's disappointing. It does look like Fuuko is maturing slowly, maybe she'll be at a high school level of maturity by the time she can drink (20) or at least at a junior high level. If Hakamada had had another volume I think Ai and Fuuko would have been at the same college and eventually dorming or living together. Their romance is like a normal high school girl in love with a grade schooler, still, at this point. If you just relabeled Fuuko as the little sister of one of the other girls, whose body had matured a little early, but she was like 10 years old, it would actually fit better, and it would be more obvious why Ai has to have so much grief over her.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Actually, (A)i and (Fu)uko could grow up to be Asuna and Fueko - if Ai is not careful.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Aw yeah, the "forced to share a bed" scenario always delivers! Although, am I the only one that was kinda worried about Beniko's line on page 11? It seems like she had a past lover or something that's going to bring up drama in the future. I haven't read volume 3 yet though, so I'm not sure.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

In her comments in Witch of the Uniform, Hakamada-sensei mentioned that there is a spectacular nosebleed in the series. Well here it is, right here on page 51 of vol 2. Tsumugi gets it from thinking of sleeping with Beniko, so yes, it is indeed the standard sexual tension nosebleed.

Aw yeah, the "forced to share a bed" scenario always delivers! Although, am I the only one that was kinda worried about Beniko's line on page 11? It seems like she had a past lover or something that's going to bring up drama in the future. I haven't read volume 3 yet though, so I'm not sure.

You'll see when you read it. And yes it is a foreshadowing of the climactic chapters toward the end of volume 3. I'm kind of planning to accelerate working this one again, so if you're waiting for the rest of volume 2 before reading volume 3, it might not be too awfully long.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 12:40AM

joined Jul 31, 2013

I'm someone who's waiting, so that's great news! I like your other projects too, but I've been looking forward to digging into this huge series. And I don't want to buy the old translated books, I guess.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I'm kind of planning to accelerate working this one again, so if you're waiting for the rest of volume 2 before reading volume 3, it might not be too awfully long.

Good to know. I'm waiting patiently for the rest. Then I will finally start reading this.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

"But, I want your body, Tsumugi!!"

Oh god, that was fantastic!

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 11:23PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 17 - pg 81, "said to much" should be "too much"

last edited at Jan 4, 2016 2:51AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thanks; it's fixed. As always, if you don't see the correction, remember to hit reload in your browser.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

have to resist... reading chapters... must wait for chapter 18 and following.. GnnqlksdfnmazefZEAQQAAAAAHHH

joined Jul 31, 2013

Go yuri girl, go! You got dis.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I personally have never found it creepy, but that's just me. She just wanted to have that top with Tsumugi's name on it so that she could be labeled as Tsumugi's. And it's not like it was underwear after all. Not only was it only the tops that she switched, but, as it's still spring, her own top she switched it with was brand new and never worn. (Don't worry about the time line, her first high school year is in it's second year at this point, but that still means summer is yet to come, even if it came once already.) Well, technically she did commit theft, but she did replace it with new.

Many manga show someone licking a girls flute/recorder and putting it back; now that's creepy (and disgusting).

Edit: By the way, their first year will only take the two years; time doesn't loop back a second time, I promise. (Not like say Ranma 1/2.)

last edited at Jan 6, 2016 12:58AM

Okaaay... I gotta say what's WRONG with miss piggy-tails or whatever the hairstyle is called?? O_O
I think it's only ok to label someone as yours if your feelings are mutual or something like that?... I mean she knows miss tomboy and her pretty "friend" are meant to be, no??
What she did is not really something to argue about but i kinda get that feeling of "creepiness" if someone does stuff like that... XD
BTW do they have the same sizes?? O_o

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

You're right that it's not as creepy as it could be, but it is definitely weird to have theft suddenly added into my yuri.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I didn't think I'd be able to keep up this pace this long. Can I hold this pace for 4 more chapters?
I'm soliciting any comments on the chapter, good or bad. It's easier for me to keep scanlating when there are comments.

I'm tossing out a spoiler for the next chapter: Tsumugi loses it and delivers a left hook to the jaw. But Beniko shows that she can be more vicious. The question is who's fighting who?

last edited at Jan 8, 2016 12:41AM

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

I'm definitely enjoying it.

I'm also now looking forward to people throwin' hands.

Sun%20jin%20for%20dynasty%20scans
joined Aug 31, 2013

I didn't think I'd be able to keep up this pace this long. Can I hold this pace for 4 more chapters?
I'm soliciting any comments on the chapter, good or bad. It's easier for me to keep scanlating when there are comments.

Well, here's a comment for ya then, cause I'm really liking it so far.

I ship the standard pairs Fuuko x Ai and Beniko x Tsumugi. I'm a sucker for friends turning into more. So waiting patiently for 22-24 so I can binge on the rest.

Otsukaresamadeshita

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Last update ch is hilarious..
i like the part when beniko is poking tsugumi back neck and the dieting part.
What is the point of dieting if you capture the face only? XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.