Forum › Prunus Girl discussion

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Don't think anyone would care to typeset scan of the manga version so would be possible for you to scan or take a good pic of those extras for someone to translate? At least from those little joke on the front/back-cover of each volume, the afterword and rest doesn't seen much relevant, or it have more extra with story? After all this time I don't think someone else will do them... (T-T)

last edited at Dec 28, 2015 5:21PM

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

I have an old scanner. So I can definitely scan the covers. I dunno for the bonus pages, but I could try for these too.

I'll come back in one day or two with them.

joined May 11, 2012

Awesome, thanks lady_freyja, the bonus page would be nice but don't worry too much it if they don't have story like the back and front cover extra page, I also got a possible translator so we might have them translated in some days.

joined Jun 12, 2015

There is a French version ? I need it !! Where did you buy it ?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is a nice surprise! more yuri at the end, beautiful!!!

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Awesome, thanks lady_freyja, the bonus page would be nice but don't worry too much it if they don't have story like the back and front cover extra page, I also got a possible translator so we might have them translated in some days.

The volume 2 has at least 3 manga pages and one 4-koma in the bonus, that I don't think they are on Dynasty (I have to check if it's really the case before), so it's definitely worth the try for them. And I personally love reading the after-words after the manga, I don't think I'm the only one here. ^^

And yes, I won't translate them, so it's cool if there is a translator to work on them!

There is a French version ? I need it !! Where did you buy it ?

The French editor is Soleil Manga, and I bought them at the Fnac, but it's normally available at the usual vendors like Amazon and co.

joined May 11, 2012

The volume 2 has at least 3 manga pages and one 4-koma in the bonus, that I don't think they are on Dynasty (I have to check if it's really the case before), so it's definitely worth the try for them. And I personally love reading the after-words after the manga, I don't think I'm the only one here. ^^

From what I looked all chapters we have are magazine version so we shouldn't have any bonus from the manga, does the manga version have new chapters? Cause it seens for magazine they made only four extra chapters for volume 2 (11.5), 3 (16.5), 5 (31) and 6 (32.5), could you also see if chapters numbering is the same? It's a little strange that volume 5 extra is 31 instead of 30.5 like other extra chapters and that volume 1 and 4 have no extra chapter, we might be missing more than we think, if you're going to try to scan the afterword try to scan all bonus if possible, the more you can get the better as we're probably not going to have another chance to get all those bonus. \ (T=T) /

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 9:57AM

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

I have scanned every "bonus" material, for a total of 66 pages. Download on Mega here.

It's the first time that I scanned a manga, and I have a really old scanner (something like 15 years old), so I hope the quality is sufficient.

For each volume, you'll find:
* Number 00
** The color front cover
** The black and white front and back covers (where are the "little jokes")
* Number 01 (at the beginning of the manga)
** A color artwork
** The table of contents of the volume
* Number 02 (at the end of the manga)
** After-words from the author
** The "bible" (drafts and sketchs, with notes)
** Bonus manga pages (only for volume 2)

Everything is in French of course.
And at anyone: fell free to translate/edit/upload them, that's why I scanned them in the first place. If one or two pages really needs to be rescanned, I can redo it. And if the translator isn't native French and have some issues with sentences/expressions, like the "kékiya ?" in the 4-koma (it's a shortened and very childish way to say "qu'est-ce qu'il y a ?"), I can help him/her, I guess. ^^

does the manga version have any new chapters? Cause it seens for magazine they made only four extra chapters for volume 2 (11.5), 3 (16.5), 5 (31) and 6 (32.5), could you also see if chapters numbering is the same?

No new chapter from what I see.
But yeah, the ordering of the chapters aren't the same at all. That's why I have included the table of contents. For example in the manga the first volume contains only the 4th first chapters, and not the 5th like on Dynasty.
And globally the "special chapters" are totally misplaced. Notably:
* The 5th chapter is in volume 2
* The 11th chapter is in volume 3
* The 11.5th chapter is in fact the 17.5th (volume 3)
* The 16.5th chapter is in fact the 24.5th (volume 4)
* The 18th chapter is in volume 4
* The 25th chapter is in volume 5
* The 32th chapter is in volume 5
* "Midorinoka's Strange Students?" is the name of the 31th chapter
* "Extra Chapter: Trick or Treat?" is the name of what is currently the "32.5th chapter"
** That chapter isn't numbered in the manga, and is at the beginning of the 6th volume, between the 32th and 33th chapter.

But well, except for the two chapters misnamed, it's perhaps simply a difference of publication order between the magazine and the French manga; the Japanese manga may have a different order too.

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 10:29AM

joined May 11, 2012

lady_freyja posted:

But well, except for the two chapters misnamed, it's perhaps simply a difference of publication order between the magazine and the French manga; the Japanese manga may have a different order too.

I don't think we really have any chapter misplaced or misnamed, it seens they translated as the chapters were released so they probably just changed the order when they released as manga, it seens to be pretty normal, at least not first time I have seen that.

Anyway, I'm going to give the link for the translator, I suppose he's going to do by parts, each volume bonus separately instead of releasing all together since it's 66 pages, he already agreed to do it but in case he change his mind I make another post later, thanks for your hard work lady_freyja. o7

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

I don't think we really have any chapter misplaced or misnamed, it seens they translated as the chapters were released so they probably just changed the order when they released as manga, it seens to be pretty normal, at least not first time I have seen that.

I agree for the placement of the chapters, and beside it's no big deal.
But that chapter and that one are really misnamed, the title were inversed between the two. It's obvious with the second one; the real title is written at the bottom of the page, and here too for the first one.

Anyway, I'm going to give the link for the translator, I suppose he's going to do by parts, each volume bonus separately instead of releasing all together since it's 66 pages, he already agreed to do it but in case he change his mind I make another post later, thanks for your hard work lady_freyja. o7

You're welcome. ^^
And good luck for the translator!

joined May 11, 2012

lady_freyja posted:

I agree for the placement of the chapters, and beside it's no big deal.
But that chapter and that one are really misnamed, the title were inversed between the two. It's obvious with the second one; the real title is written at the bottom of the page, and here too for the first one.

Ah, I thought you meant the translator misnamed it but it's Dynasty who misnamed them in the chapter list, I'll tell a mod about it.

I also forgot to ask, since you're the one providing the scans just say in the credits page that Dynasty Scans user lady_freyja got them or you prefer they use any other name you have?

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 11:21AM

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

I also forgot to ask, since you're the one providing the scans just say in the credits page that Dynasty Scans user lady_freyja got them or you prefer they use any other name you have?

"Lady Freyja" is fine.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Stumble on this by accident, read it for the lesbian sidecouple and it turned out to be a nice read overall. Was kinda miffed that it didn't go ShionxNon, but Kana is just as cute and nice, so in the end, I liked them together just fine. Would have enjoyed Non joining them at some point, but glad she ended up getting her own girlfriend and the author didn't play the "she was just into Shion and Kana, it was a phase and went back to guys".

Also nice that ShionxKana got exposure all the way through the end rather than being forgotten after their arc was resolved.

Thing that kinda annoyed me is the main reason why I dislike traps/gender bender : Aikawa's design is totally a girl, but let's just say it's a guy. Would have appreciate that her design (especially her face) was more ambiguous. But the story made up for it, though yeah, I was with the gang at the end with the "took you long enough" comment.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I randomly decided to check out the fourums for this and find out there's not only bonus content, but a person willing to share it and even someone willing to translate it?!

Thanks for making this a truly great holiday season folks:)

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I randomly decided to check out the fourums for this and find out there's not only bonus content, but a person willing to share it and even someone willing to translate it?!

Thanks for making this a truly great holiday season folks:)

Agreed. Everyone's hard work is very appreciated for this classic of a manga. <3

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So I've started to translate the volume omake from French. I'll try to get it done… before the end of the year? >.>

Sweet series, at any rate. And one I certainly didn't expect to enjoy when I read the premise.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

but glad she ended up getting her own girlfriend

What? When? I totally missed that.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Never read or liked yaoi manga but the comedy is simply awesome. Tgis is is the first and last expection of me reading yaoi

Grtertet
joined Aug 24, 2014

to be honest, this is one of the best manga i've ever read, and i've read alot. normally i dont even read yaoi, so its a huge compliment. was laughing my ass off...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Did I hallucinate it, or did someone actually translate a higher-res version of that "where are they now" page with Non-chan's girlfriend? I could swear I've seen it, but there's no mention here.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Since I finally managed to but all the volume recently, I decided to reread it again, and it's still one of my favorite

joined Sep 23, 2016

I can read this despite despising Yaoi..... what? It's a testament to how girly guys can be in manga. For all intents and purposes that guy is a girl. There is nothing gay in this at all.

joined Apr 6, 2017

Great, what more could I ask for? I got some yuri, a truck load of Yaoi, a nice bucket of cross dressing, and lots of comedy that got me laughing so hard my mum stared at me weirdly. But still, I really want a manga dedicated to the yuri side couple.

Rsz_tumblr_n3y1mps9e11tr1hgao1_1280
joined Mar 16, 2017

Would have enjoyed Non joining them at some point, but glad she ended up getting her own girlfriend

What, when? I missed something o_o

Never thought I would read a yaoi series before this one, the comedy in it really helped carry it along and the lack of drama was really nice too, made it a lot easier to read and root for certain couples. I did enjoy the little bit we got to see with the teacher and temp director lady. The candy reference at the end was good too.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

wut extra chapter?

To reply you must either login or sign up.