Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Her stuff isn't usually very good, huh? I found it kinda suspicious that she churned out novels one after the other, but I don't have much of an interest in shapeshifters so I never checked out her main series.

I wouldn't say not very good in terms of writing, because her writing is good. Just in terms what she does with the characters looks like almost every longer book the MC is either abused or is the abusee in the relationship. There's even a book or two with Stockholm Syndrome and rape as well, which is made okay because the one who is subjected to that forgives the other woman because she apologized or something

The latest episode of Elementary had a bunch of queer people and only one of them turned out to be a murderer! Amazing.
In all seriousness though, crime procedurals tend to feature LGBT characters as either murderers or murder victims, and their Very Special Episodes can be... disappointing. Elementary's LGBT characters are usually friends, consultants or associates of the main characters' and their sexuality/identity is mentioned in passing as just another thing of note about them. I do wish they had a recurring queer character though.

There is a chance for a recurring queer character. The detective that had a beef with Watson, she's gay and I've generally seen her in series where she is in a few episodes and not just one.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 8:58AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Considering what is said about her other works Cooking for Love by Robin Roseau is a good, and very short (8k words) story.

I've read that Roseau is actually a guy pretending to be a woman (and not in the transgender sort of way either). Made up a whole backstory for his persona and everything.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Considering what is said about her other works Cooking for Love by Robin Roseau is a good, and very short (8k words) story.

I've read that Roseau is actually a guy pretending to be a woman (and not in the transgender sort of way either). Made up a whole backstory for his persona and everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true, but for the moment I'll assume she's a woman (with fetishes for abuse/dysfunctional relationships), until proof surfaces.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I read it on Goodreads actually, dunno if it's true though.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I wouldn't say not very good in terms of writing, because her writing is good. Just in terms what she does with the characters looks like almost every longer book the MC is either abused or is the abusee in the relationship. There's even a book or two with Stockholm Syndrome and rape as well, which is made okay because the one who is subjected to that forgives the other woman because she apologized or something

Oh, that sounds really bad. I think I'm just going to stay away from... her(?) works to be safe.

There is a chance for a recurring queer character. The detective that had a beef with Watson, she's gay and I've generally seen her in series where she is in a few episodes and not just one.

That would be great! But I had the feeling that her boxing match with Watson made her decide that they were even. Who knows, maybe she'll come back later as a new thorn in their side.
Last season I thought Kitty would be a good candidate when she was introduced, but I changed my mind when her past was revealed because of the unfortunate implications that would've come with it.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I havent watched Elementary in a long time... I need to catch up but I forgot what ep I stopped on. >.<

joined Mar 25, 2013

The last season was pretty meh for me, but this season is pretty interesting. John Noble is awesome.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The last ep I remember was the one about mycroft (i think) blowing up his warehouse.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The last ep I remember was the one about mycroft (i think) blowing up his warehouse.

That would be early season 2.

joined Jan 21, 2015

That would be early season 2.

Yup, season 2, first episode. It's a good show for when you want to watch something without thinking too much about it, but without feeling like the writers think you're an idiot. I watch it mostly for Holmes and Watson snarking at each other and everyone else. The midseason and end-of-season drama can be very hit or miss depending on how dramatic they try to be.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yes thats why I liked it, and I liked seeing the outfits Lucy Liu pulled out of her non-existant closet lol.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Also last week on The Walking dead tv series(S06 Ep05): lesbian kiss courtesy of Denise x Tara clip. Not sure what it means just yet...will come back and report on a later date. Even if something meaningful does happen, one of them will probably die sooner or later since this is how this franchise works(no one is safe etc) Tara IS canonically gay btw

FUCK! season over(sorta) **** cliffhangers! she ded ain't she? YURI. IS. DED1!!

Oh and there was an implied lesbian couple on Ep 6. but it's meaningless and one of them dies at the end, just the usual throwaway characters.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Well, it is the walking dead. Shows like that I can almost forgive gay characters not surviving... almost.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

The 100 S3 is starting soon

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

And also for anyone that's interested, Mulan and Red are probably going to be a thing in Once Upon a Time since the writers confirmed they're definitely gonna an add LGBT relationship this season.

They met and it was pretty obvious to me.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Is there any hint that once upon a time is going to be ending soon?

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Is there any hint that once upon a time is going to be ending soon?

Not at all. It might even go on for seasons because it's popular enough and there's a alot of disney characters and stories to explore still.

joined Mar 25, 2013

And also for anyone that's interested, Mulan and Red are probably going to be a thing in Once Upon a Time since the writers confirmed they're definitely gonna an add LGBT relationship this season.

Wasn't there something with fated person or one true love or something like that? If they are each other's whatever it was, it'll be nice, but I have a feeling that they're doing it just for the ratings and stuff.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Who's Red? Meridia?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Who's Red? Meridia?

I assume it's Red Riding Hood. Cause Red is generally referred to her when I've read fanfics.

Then again if Mulan has been in the show since the second season and Red has been since the start, it's a little weird of them to meet just now.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 3:35PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Red/Ruby is Red Riding Hood and Merida is... well Merida :D

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Red is a common nickname for redheads though... so...

Also I googled Mulan in this setting and the actress is drool-worthy. hehe. Seems like the shippers like her and Aurora? Image search is a bit of a mess though.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Seems like the shippers like her and Aurora? Image search is a bit of a mess though.

Yes, because Mulan fell in love with her in the show but Aurora was pregnant when Mulan was about to confess. It was heartbreaking honestly.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Wasn't there something with fated person or one true love or something like that? If they are each other's whatever it was, it'll be nice, but I have a feeling that they're doing it just for the ratings and stuff.

I think that was about Regina and Robin, they are together now (sadly). Their chemistry is pretty boring.

But no matter what happens on ouat, Regina and Emma's relationship is always relevant, so there are a bunch of good moments for them.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Seems like the shippers like her and Aurora? Image search is a bit of a mess though.

Yes, because Mulan fell in love with her in the show but Aurora was pregnant when Mulan was about to confess. It was heartbreaking honestly.

I see. I stopped watching after the first season I think. The whole premise started to wear on me and wanted the curse to be broken so they could move on to other things lol. I might just skip up to Mulan though...

To reply you must either login or sign up.