Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, to be fair, EA was shit even without Mass Effect.

I like how saying you don't like somethings is considered overreacting now.

It is oppression and censorship! Almost as bad as giving a 7/10 review!

Or, apparently, voting for something you like on a popularity poll.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of stuff I don't like, I decided to revisit Borderlands 2 and had to buy 6 packs of DLC even though I own the season pass. That was moderately annoying. If I wouldn't have already bought the bonus characters - which also weren't included in the season pass - I probably would have lost all desire to play it ever again.

Almost as bad as giving a 7/10 review!

WOAH, I didn't know it was that bad. I'm genuinly sorry then.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Liking something is one thing but that was almost a witch hunt + the fact that Senran Kagura is given way too much fucking credit just because it shifted way more heavily on yuri fanservice in recent times and now even someone feels "betrayed" because its gone just a teensy bit more wishfullfillment level than it already was. Which was a lot.

The designers know what they want and are doing, if somehow the writing suffers or "never will be taken seriously) (lol) than it was entirely intentional on their part. If someone wants to really write something great for it, they would come eventually but honestly, the already set up things from day 1 probably aren't very appealing to anyone and the designers clearly don't have any intentions of doing it themself.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Liking something is one thing but that was almost a witch hunt + the fact that Senran Kagura is given way too much fucking credit just because it shifted way more heavily on yuri fanservice in recent times and now even someone feels "betrayed" because its gone just a teensy bit more wishfullfillment level than it already was. Which was a lot.

The designers know what they want and are doing, if somehow the writing suffers or "never will be taken seriously) (lol) than it was entirely intentional on their part. If someone wants to really write something great for it, they would come eventually but honestly, the already set up things from day 1 probably aren't very appealing to anyone and the designers clearly don't have any intentions of doing it themself.

Senran Kagura 2 was the game were they treated the series seriously on every aspect, EV on the other hand is the lowest possible effort packed with a shiny cloak of fanservice.

Guess what game was the most succesful?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

VGA hmmm !! Congratulations to The Witcher 3!!! Didja guise saw the event? it was ..............awkward!!!

Most of the event was ok but 3 things were really bad; First, the lack of new games. Because when you hear the words "World Premiere" you're expecting things that will blow your mind or at least get you excited but it was mostly extra content, continuations (without real improvements) and things that we already knew.

Second thing was... Jade Raymond (producer from Assassin's creed), if you're going to announce a winner... don't try so hard! first she comes with a bad joke about Quiet, then she puts the award in the floor to read the winner and she failed to do that by mixing the winner with another unrelated game, that was so painful to watch.

And lastly... Hideo Kojima banned from the event because a Konami lawyer told him he wasn't allowed to assist... Uggh.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of new games, Even though it's pretty much old news at this point, I just found out like 4 days ago that there's going to be a new Dishonored. I am SO looking forward to that.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

And lastly... Hideo Kojima banned from the event because a Konami lawyer told him he wasn't allowed to assist... Uggh.

That was Konami's last mistake, people are done with them.

I'm pretty disappointed with the VGA, but what else can you expect.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone played Krieg in BL 2? Is he fun? I think I kinda need a break from Maya.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Anyone played Krieg in BL 2? Is he fun? I think I kinda need a break from Maya.

Krieg is lots of fun, especially since he has so many different builds that work for him. (Compared to most of the borderlands 2 cast who pretty much only have one pretty viable build). Melee build is extremely powerful even in OP lvls (though he tends to kill himself quite often on OP 8. Explosive builds are great because he has practically infinite grenades and massive splash damage, Gun builds are great and tend to have huge survivability, He is a great character over all. (For random trivia he can one hit kill a certain Raid boss so that's kinda hilarious aswell)

last edited at Dec 7, 2015 6:45AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Thanks, I played him through Flynt, his action skill does seem pretty fun. Plan to go for the Axeplosive build. I'll stick to Maya for a while though, at least until I get her to UVHM.
Which reminds me, yesterday I accidentally accepted the quest where you get the Heartbreaker before defeating the Warrior which is kind of key on the build I'm using. So that kinda sucks.

Also, Torgue is the best thing that happened to anything ever.

last edited at Dec 7, 2015 10:12AM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

^Thanks, I played him through Flynt, his action skill does seem pretty fun. Plan to go for the Axeplosive build. I'll stick to Maya for a while though, at least until I get her to UVHM.
Which reminds me, yesterday I accidentally accepted the quest where you get the Heartbreaker before defeating the Warrior which is kind of key on the build I'm using. So that kinda sucks.

Also, Torgue is the best thing that happened to anything ever.

I played melee Krieg until I hit OP 8. Since your melee damage scales but you health doesn't it got kinda ridiculous using Silence the voices since it'll ALWAYS kill you :/ So I respected into kinda something like a Fast Ball build. Works amazing for general mobbing but is ridiculously weak against explosive resisting enemies. Also remember if you are using buzzaxe rampage it'll NOT use your current gun so when you need a Grog/Ruby for healing you shouldn't use it. But it's completely viable even in UVHM which is what I assume you are aiming for^^

Edit. Also Axeplosive build with a Sheriff badge is ridiculous. Try it out if ya have the chance^^. and well the Heartbreaker you get from the last round of the HyperionArena right? So if you only picked up on the first round it should still be alright

last edited at Dec 7, 2015 11:23PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^I actually thought the SotV self hit chance scales down with more points, now I'm kinda scared. Oh well, I'll see how it goes, I guess. Definitely aiming for UVHM/whatever OP I'll manage. I'll probably get my Maya to UVHM today so I'm really looking forward to see how things are gonna be there.
Sheriff Badge is only worth it in Coop, I assume?

You get Heartbreaker from a normal quest where Marcus' safe drops into the Caustic Caverns. I think the quest is lvl 42 or something so the weapon is gonna be useless now. Still got my chances for lvl 50 Bad/Good Touch though which also should work well will mith my Chronosphere.

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 10:23AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

My friend and I are about to try the new characters in Tera, we left the game because they stopped making new design for armors (they would use a generic design and change the stats for top tier, this will force you to buy skins in the store) but with 2 new classes (I'm gonna make a gunner and he will be a Brawler) I think it will feel fresh.

So if any of you plays or want to play, come say Hi in Celestia Hill server, my nick is Noote (reaper) and Yasviele (Gunner).

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 12:21PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

^I actually thought the SotV self hit chance scales down with more points, now I'm kinda scared. Oh well, I'll see how it goes, I guess. Definitely aiming for UVHM/whatever OP I'll manage. I'll probably get my Maya to UVHM today so I'm really looking forward to see how things are gonna be there.
Sheriff Badge is only worth it in Coop, I assume?

You get Heartbreaker from a normal quest where Marcus' safe drops into the Caustic Caverns. I think the quest is lvl 42 or something so the weapon is gonna be useless now. Still got my chances for lvl 50 Bad/Good Touch though which also should work well will mith my Chronosphere.

The self hit chance sadly doesn't scale down, but it's affected by your damage reduction and gets lessened by holding a Moxie weapon (like a grog) which makes it less of a problem outside of OP lvls. Sherriff badge increases the fire rate of the thrown buzz axes in BAR so it's also worth it in single player (if not explosive relic). I'm not on top with the newest patch though so not sure if they changed stuff. I maxxed out every character, solo'd every raid boss and got every legendary and unique at least once so I really have no reason to go back to BL2^^'
Because of how DoTs work in BL2 the Hellfire is the best weapon SMG on Krieg since well its DoTs stack btw. Scorch is also a pretty easy boss so it's easy to farm for

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^So I think I said I was gonna take a break from Maya after finishing playthrough 1 and now I'm halfway through UVHM and still playing her. Krieg's still sitting there on level 6.

Just finished the repositioning of Sanctuary though and really don't feel like dealing with the Exploitation Reserve and all the Rabids there so I think I'm gonna farm Tinder Snowflake for a bit because I'm still using a lvl 50 non-elemental Conference Call and then actually head into another character, Can't even farm the Bar Room Brawl because I don't have the weapons for it. Leveling takes foreeeever.

Got my first pearl in Borderlands history today though. That was pretty cool.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

^So I think I said I was gonna take a break from Maya after finishing playthrough 1 and now I'm halfway through UVHM and still playing her. Krieg's still sitting there on level 6.

Just finished the repositioning of Sanctuary though and really don't feel like dealing with the Exploitation Reserve and all the Rabids there so I think I'm gonna farm Tinder Snowflake for a bit because I'm still using a lvl 50 non-elemental Conference Call and then actually head into another character, Can't even farm the Bar Room Brawl because I don't have the weapons for it. Leveling takes foreeeever.

Got my first pearl in Borderlands history today though. That was pretty cool.

Well there are alot ways to level in BL2; it all depends on how well you play and how much you trust in your playstyle. Krieg is a little slow until you get Release the beast (if you play melee) but it gets easier as you go along (compared to others where it gets harder). Also YAY congrats on perl!! If moe than one of them would be actually good it would be better but hey!

last edited at Dec 10, 2015 8:23AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Already saw that video, but thanks. :) Actually reseted my playthrough yesterday after I got my Heartbreaker and another Good Touch so I can get another one in a few levels.
Yeah, got the Unvorgiven which pretty much isn't usefull at all on any character I plan to use in the near future. Really want to have the Butcher on my Siren :/

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Already saw that video, but thanks. :) Actually reseted my playthrough yesterday after I got my Heartbreaker and another Good Touch so I can get another one in a few levels.
Yeah, got the Unvorgiven which pretty much isn't usefull at all on any character I plan to use in the near future. Really want to have the Butcher on my Siren :/

Don't want to turn this into a BL2 thread so that's probably my last reply on that matter^^' If you have the Torgue dlc I'd get a Casual Slow Hand. The elemental damage does real wonders on Maya (or Gaige for that matter) and it's one of my favorite guns. And remember when going for UVHM LEARN TO ALWAYS SLAG. Damn without slagging in UVHM you'll have a real problem on your hand. Krieg is probably the only char who can constantly get away with not slagging enemies on that difficulty.
Oh yeah I also heard Maya got 'fixed' with the latest patch. Does that mean cloud kill now actually does a decent amount of damage?

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 12:43AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, I skilled Ruin for Slag. It's like the best skill ever.

Cloudkill really does decent damage now. The DoT still kinda sucks but the cloud itself kills.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

So glad I bought Triforce Heroes. That friendship which was once destroyed by Smash & Mario Party got forged a new in just 3 days <3 I actually didn't expect much from it so it was a rather pleasant suprise

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So, uh, Bayonetta got announced for Smash. Yay! I've actually never played any Bayonetta games, but I've heard they're quite good. And sexy, apparently, which is why people were surprised she got in. So has anyone played them?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Awesome, I loved the first Bayonetta but don't have the WiiU for the second one. I think I have a bit of money left on my DS account so I should be able to buy her just with that.

Bayonetta is the most fun I've ever had with a Spectacle Fighter. Really recommend playing them, Platinum Games knows what they're doing.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Awesome, I loved the first Bayonetta but don't have the WiiU for the second one. I think I have a bit of money left on my DS account so I should be able to buy her just with that.

Bayonetta is the most fun I've ever had with a Spectacle Fighter. Really recommend playing them, Platinum Games knows what they're doing.

Ok, I think I'll get it. I only have a Wii U but apparently the second game comes with a port for the first, which is nice of course.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Wtf Kamui and Bayo?! Whaaaaaaa-
I expect Kamui would replace Ruf-err Robin on the next game instead, neat surprise.

Bayonetta on the other hand looks freaking great and op as f**k! top tier comfirmed. Oh and RIP Ridley, Wolf, Shantae and many others in the ballot.

Oh and Cloud is out I'll check how he plays. I like the stage too.

This topic has been locked.