Forum › Transient Dreams of Transient Things discussion

what exactly are strawberries?

Made a small thing on our blog that didn't go into a lot of detail...might as well detail it a little more here. Strawberry in Japanese is ichigo and when you break it up you get the numbers 1(ichi) and 5(go) which is meant to mean 15000 yen. Miu is camouflaging her prostitution just in case somebody (parent, teacher, police officer, etc.) happens to see it. This seems to be a fairly common thing for girls doing compensated dating in Japan. The little bit of research I did on the subject for this came up with Yahoo! Answer pages of people asking exactly what you did.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Underaged schoolgirl looking to sell her body to some 30 year old guy? Am I reading this right? And according to her comments she has done it with other guys before?

Not that surprising for Japan.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

The plot is just too depressing for me. I didn't see any cuteness. Why prostitution? Why not some McDonald's worker? Child prostitution? Too awful, too disgusting. What a sick man would want to buy a child? And I feel even more broken when I understand it't actually THAT common. I want to cry somehow.

I cried.

If only it wasn't that common. If only this plot was something out of place. If only the author brought it up like something unusual. If only this sex maniac nightmare ended...

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 4:49AM

joined Oct 21, 2013

i said it on batoto and ill say it again for the gays over here >:( yes there are condoms for sex between girls and yes you should god damn use them

Hey, tell me more :O
What kinds?

The only ones I can think of are finger condoms and dental dam. The only reason I know that is from this Madoka comic though so there are probably more.

This one's funnier, though:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hibimikus_daily_life

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oral barriers (or dental dams as their most known as) are simple pieces of latex or plastic used to cover the genital areas while performing oral sex, both anal and vaginal. clear plastic ones are the nicest cause you can see what you're doing and if you put some water based lube in between the skin and the dam it feels almost as good as direct contact. You can get them from medical supply stores or queer friendly sex shops, or you can make your own by cutting the tip off a condom and slitting it open, forming a square of easy to use pre lubed latex. I've tried using siran wrap (clear kitchen wrap) before but honestly it's such a pain in the ass i don't recommend it, it sticks to everything and sucks to deal with.

Related : http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sisterism_ch14#16

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Underaged schoolgirl looking to sell her body to some 30 year old guy? Am I reading this right? And according to her comments she has done it with other guys before?

There's girls that do this in the US.

I don't really really care about safe sex between those women....'cuz the fact that this one gurl here is having sex for money SHOCKS me enough! O_O ..... But because of the YURI it's kinda ADORBZ! XD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I can't be surprised by the instance of prostitution here since it happens in real life but it makes me sad,nonetheless.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

There's girls that do this in the US.

There are girls doing it in every country in the world (probably even Vatican City). It is just a lot more accepted in Japan.

Edit: Didn't the UNO release a paper about it recently but pulled it back after the japanese government told them to piss off?

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 7:10AM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

interesting

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

it's an actual thing there, they call it "enjo kosai" -- there's a directory where girls and mild-aged guys find each other in japan.
this is a cute story though. :)

joined Mar 23, 2013

There are girls doing it in every country in the world (probably even Vatican City). It is just a lot more accepted in Japan.

I doubt it, and certainly not by Vatican City citizens since there's like 30 female citizens.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I don't think this story is quite as sad as some of people believe. The girl isn't being taken advantage of (she sets the rules and the customers follow) and doesn't so desperately need the money that she's forced into prostitution. She can probably stop anytime but chooses to do this as a way to make cash. Legal age of consent is also ridiculously young in japan so the office workers arent committing a crime. There is an argument about valuing one's virginity more but not everyone believes that sex is that big a deal. She seems in control of things so I don't think it's necessary to look down upon her for her decisions. I look forward to her finding love in a place she didn't expect.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Well, actually it's a huge shame when you're doing enjo-kosai,(especially if your family finds out 'bout it) but i have to agree that it IS kinda common in japan.
Also i wouldn't say "a lot more accepted in japan" because in every country it's social unacceptable.At least this is what i've experienced.
And also i don't really know if i like stuff like that...when i read "not for sale" from Amano, i have to say, i didn't really mind it because it had a satisfying end, but..here- i dunno.
She just looks veeeeery young here.
And i hate these Prostitution things where You're very young, or when you have to sell your body because you can't do something other.Which leads to "child-Prostitution", like: i hate it when people say:'why don't she just go find a job?' When You're underage, do you honestly think anybody would accept you? It's just impossible, so many others Are just going to prostitute.
As sad as it may be.
And yes, i know that this girl in this story isn't forced into Prostitution, and she's Maybe even doing it just to make cash.
I still wanted to bring it up, though.

But anyway, it's funny how this thread is almost just about women protection or condoms for females.I've never heard of that, though.Maybe i don't even want to.
Maybe.
Maybe not.
Meh.
Anyways.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 8:04AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Students prostitution (to pay for tuition, rent and the likes) is common in various countries. It's even legal in a lot of countries, like the UK (do a search for "sugar daddies website" and there you have it).

In Japan, it's been taken a bit further openly, as even highschoolers do it. Ie, minors. Usually to buy themselves clothes, electronics, games, etc... There're apps on mobile phone, or websites, to allow people to meet. Sex is not necessarily included, but eventually negotiated.

Hideaki Anno (of Evangelion fame) even made a movie about it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_%26_Pop). It pictures the danger and creepiness of such activity. Enjou Kosai is indeed dangerous and can, of course, lead to prostitution, drug, STDs and death. But teens are teens, they don't necessarily grasp the consequences of their actions.

It's a societal problem in every country, especially consumer societies, where there's a value gap between those who have and those who don't. After all, it's easy money. Just count the stains on the ceiling and get the cash.

It's not going to be fixed with laws, police or moralizing words.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

This is actually disturbingly common in Japan. It's called enjo kosai or "Compensated Dating" and is believed to be a result of the over fetishization of youth and virginity in Japanese culture. It doesn't always involve sex (hence the "dating" part) but it just as often does. It is EXTREMELY controversial in Japanese society and is probably not something you want to mention on any forums with plenty of Japanese netizens on it, as it is pure, unadulterated flame bait.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 8:33AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Also i wouldn't say "a lot more accepted in japan" because in every country it's social unacceptable.At least this is what i've experienced.

I did not mean it like said, bad choice of words from my side. It is more "accepted" as in they simply accept the existence of it and then try to hide it from the public eye while not actively trying to do anything against it.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Compensated dating in Japan has turned into such epidemic levels these days...
Thanks based Capitalism, for letting it seep into our culture.

At least we got a cute short out of it.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 8:50AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Japanese have the same attitude about it than they have about homosexuality. Everyone knows it exists but as long as you don't talk nor do something about it, you can pretend it doesn't.

Foreigners butting their nose into it would be freshly received.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

I don't mean literally.

https://conservationwithella.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/straberry1.jpg

I too was confused about why Strawberries were relevant. Now I'm even more confused.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Foreigners butting their nose into it would be freshly received.

A non profit organisation, funded by western benefactors would do wonders.
Especially in the 'coming out' phase in someone's life.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Made a small thing on our blog that didn't go into a lot of detail...might as well detail it a little more here. Strawberry in Japanese is ichigo and when you break it up you get the numbers 1(ichi) and 5(go) which is meant to mean 15000 yen. Miu is camouflaging her prostitution just in case somebody (parent, teacher, police officer, etc.) happens to see it. This seems to be a fairly common thing for girls doing compensated dating in Japan. The little bit of research I did on the subject for this came up with Yahoo! Answer pages of people asking exactly what you did.

Thanks for the explanation, here I thought it was some kind of ero play...
It would be nice if the girl gets out of that life, but... The woman did that for fun, she wasn't looking for her as a romantic partner so even if the girl falls in love, will the woman accept her feelings? (I'm so bad with names).

She realizes in the rushed way that she is bi... I'm so glad this have more than 1 episode.

Did any of you really found this weird? they're like 15 or 17... Like "OMG so gross!!! and then 1 year later "Aah that's okay :)" , I know is bad, for a highschool girl to try to find money that way, not to mention the danger of finding a weirdo... But sex isn't a shock for young people. Now killing my consciousness a little, better to do it with someone with experience than some stupid brat and if you get money out of it and enjoy it (she would reject weird looking guys... if that helps a little, she said), then much better.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 9:05AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I did not mean it like said, bad choice of words from my side. It is more "accepted" as in they simply accept the existence of it and then try to hide it from the public eye while not actively trying to do anything against it.

Japanese have the same attitude about it than they have about homosexuality. Everyone knows it exists but as long as you don't talk nor do something about it, you can pretend it doesn't.

That's Japanese general behavior for anything problematic tbh, just slide it under the rug.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Wow it suddenly made my heart doki-doki like hell int the end :3
Thats a good sign
Thanks for the work. I'll be looking forward to this :333

8tc1g5p728ou6b8fr5uq-yx0aodkzwwclm-riyo2awm
joined Sep 11, 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

I don't mean literally.

https://conservationwithella.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/straberry1.jpg

I too was confused about why Strawberries were relevant. Now I'm even more confused.

another comment said it was code for how much money she wanted

To reply you must either login or sign up.