Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

anxcoolblog asked:

can you translate or give a summary on ssamba's post about the trip to Japan? So curious on why comico Japan had a meeting with the authors!

taeyeonlikesgirls:

sure!

[...]

Below is the blog post by ssamba with the text translated to English by taeyeonlikesgirls.

It includes all the images from the blog post.

Some very minor editing was done by me. (Capitalization, fixing minor typos, restoring the original punctuation, restoring the original paragraph structure and line breaks, so on.)

Japan Comico trip!

Title lol
Without preamble
Last week, I was invited to the authors' meeting at Japan Comico. ^^
Along with other Korean artists whose artworks are currently published in Japan Comico!

I left on a Friday morning flight and came back on a Sunday evening flight.
Actually I've been there at the end of March also but I was too busy at that time so I haven't mentioned that trip back then;

Since we had to leave on a early Friday morning, I tried to stay up all night to finish my manuscript ahead of time..
In the end, I wasn't able to so I ended up staying up all night for nothing and left!;
It was a first time for me at the INC airport and wow it was really big.
But I managed somehow to not get lost and was able to meet up with other authors.
And then we got on the flight to Japan~

The day we arrived I had dinner/drink with other authors.
I wasn't very social so I was worried it'd be awkward but that was [some undue worrying] ㅠㅠ
Everyone was very nice and fun so I wasn't tense for long and also I had quite a few drinks haha
(However this was only a prelude to the next day's after party...)

Next day, Saturday, we went over to Japan Comico office and had an author meeting. The main point of this journey!
I didn't know Japanese at all so from time to time I had [some] very simple greetings with very few Japanese artists.
Of course, with the help of the translators provided by the office. ^^
After the meeting with other artists, we went to a place nearby for an after party!
Yay after party~~
I never thought before that after parties are this fun...
Come to think of it, back then, I never had a lot of alcohol but I always ended up drunk;
I was tired and sleepy but it was so fun to talk to all these nice people so I didn't want to leave ㅠㅠ
Our jobs, by [nature], requires us to work by ourselves in our own rooms...
And also recently such and such has happened so I was a bit stressed out... ㅠ
So I was just like a happy pup happy to meet humans;; I really was like that hahaha
Just thinking back to this, it was a good time~

And then the next morning, we all headed out to the airport half asleep.
Because we have to go home! lol
When we returned home, the day was almost over;
And from that day, i returned back to working on my manuscripts;;;

So this is the general story.
[Before the trip] I was at a very fatigue state and I was able to recharge myself pretty well.
Setting aside the fatigue at that time lol
It just makes me think, you never know what'll happen to anyone.
Who would've thought I'd get an invitation like this haha
A good thing can happen and then a bad thing can happen, and then a good thing can happen.
That's how things work. This is the first time I've ever written about a journey like this so it's kind of awkward
But I hope you had [fun] reading this~ ^^

So i will end this with a couple of proof photos!
Bye~

I took this at the dorm.
It came out with good ambiance (proud of self)

On [the] second day when we had the meeting, I quickly visited Tokyo Tower in the morning.
It wasn't very far from the dorm.

Hello Kitty inside of Tokyo Tower.
Reminded me of one of my friends who is a fan of Hello Kitty so I took this picture lol

A Japanese [piece of] candy that 뿅nim has given me~

[뿅 = ppyong]

This was taken from the Japan Comico office.
Tokyo's night scene wow..

I was hesitant about posting this photo lol
There is a sad legend behind this chocolate... The line was so long so I couldn't buy it ㅠㅠ
I couldn't even take a picture of the front so I faintly took a side photo....
(Actually, there were soo many people so I just took this photo and walked back lol)

Source:

Translation:
http://taeyeonlikesgirls.tumblr.com/post/132584038194/can-you-translate-or-give-a-summary-on-ssambas

Original blog post:
http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220527975586

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 4:40AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Those street scenes really bring to mind the old saying, "The Japanese have a great sense of beauty, and no sense of ugliness."

joined Nov 30, 2011

Those street scenes really bring to mind the old saying, "The Japanese have a great sense of beauty, and no sense of ugliness."

If you're interested in seeing more pictures of street scenes in Tokyo here is a tumblr I follow of a photographer who lives in that city. He has some excellent pictures: Tokyo Street Photography

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you're interested in seeing more pictures of street scenes in Tokyo here is a tumblr I follow of a photographer who lives in that city. He has some excellent pictures: Tokyo Street Photography

As I recall, the director for the original GitS movie, Patlabor 2, etc. has a hobby to take street photos from the most unusual angles he can manage, like rooftops and so forth.

Ae8q5672
joined Oct 25, 2015

ssamba with the text translated to English by taeyeonlikesgirls

[Before the trip] I was at a very fatigue state

gugu09

making a chapter every week is very hard. And she seems like she doesn't have any assistant or something like that. Compared to other yuri mangas where you have to wait for a month or more, i'm really greatful that FF is coming out every week. Can't imagine my week without! Thanks for the hard work ssamba!

+1 Wish there's something we can do from this end.

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 10:40PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I wouldn't be shocked if there was another hiatus and I wouldn't blame her if she did. The amount of work she does in such a short amount of time is crazy and very much appreciated.

joined Jan 31, 2015

For those who missed it the first time around, here's ssamba's blog post, now translated by halmoni.

My expedition to Comico Japan!

The title lolol
To make a long story short
I went to Japan last week after receiving an invitation for an authors’ gathering at Comico Japan. ^^
Along with different authors who are also publishing Korean manhwa on Comico Japan!

I took the plane on Friday morning to Japan, and I returned that evening.
Actually I visited Japan once near the end of March, but I didn’t mention it because I was so busy;

They told me to finish my manuscript ahead of time even if I had to stay up all night, because I was to leave at dawn on Friday..
In the end, I couldn’t finish and I left after having stayed up all night!;
It was my first time at Inchon Airport, but wow it was really huge.
I was still able to meet up with the other authors since I got there without too much trouble.
And off we went to Japan~

On the day we arrived, I had a few drinks and ate dinner with the other authors.
I’m not a very social person, so I was worried about what would happen if I was too awkward, but it turned out that I worried for nothing ㅠㅠ
My anxiety was quickly relieved because everyone was so lovely and fun. And the alcohol was going down pretty easily lol
(But that was a preview of what was to come at the get-together the next day…)

We had an authors’ gathering on Saturday at Comico Japan’s office. This trip’s real purpose!
I can’t speak an ounce of Japanese, so I just quietly exchanged simple greetings with some of the Japanese authors.
Of course with the help of an interpreter from the office. ^^
After the meeting, we all went to hang out in the local area!
Hanging out yeah~
I never knew how much fun get-togethers could be…
Now that I think about it, I barely drank anything but I felt like I was really drunk;
I was tired and sleepy, but sharing stories with such great people was so fun and amusing, so I didn’t want to get up and leave ㅠㅠ
After having spent so much time alone and shut in while working…
And feeling worn down from worrying about this and that… ㅠ
A frolicking mutt who is happy to see people;; That’s how I felt mentally lololol
Thinking about it again, it was a wonderful time~

We all went to the airport together the next morning, feeling half asleep.
Because we had to go home! lol
When I got home, it was already pretty dark;
And then I had another deadline to get started on;;

Well that was the basic gist of the story.
I was pretty exhausted before, but now I’ve come back charged and ready.
I’ve put aside my exhaustion from the past lol
I definitely think that nobody knows what’s really going to happen in life.
Who would’ve expected that I would one day receive such an invitation lol
If something good happens, something bad will happen as well, and then something good will happen again.
Although this may be a little awkward since it’s my first time sorting out and writing about a trip like this
I hope you all enjoyed reading it~ ^^

Well then, I’ll finish off my expedition by attaching a few photos of proof!
Bye-bye~

This was the view from the place I was staying at.
How did this picture turn out so atmospheric (satisfied)

During the second day of the authors’ gathering, I went to visit Tokyo Tower in the morning.
It wasn’t very far from where I was staying.

The Hello Kitty that was inside Tokyo Tower.
I took a shot because I thought about my Hello Kitty obsessed friend lol

The Japanese candy that Ppyong-nim gave me~

This is the scenery that I shot from Comico Japan’s office.
Oh man Tokyo’s night view..

I wasn’t sure if i should upload this or not lolol
There’s a sad legend behind this chocolate…It’s that the line was too long so I couldn’t buy it ㅠㅠ
I couldn’t even take a proper photo of the front, and I only have this obscure shot of its side
(Truthfully there were too many people so I left after taking this photo lololol)

Source:

Translation:
http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/132652943707/could-you-please-translate-ssambas-blog-post

Original blog post:
http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220527975586

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

Seola thought that she was too hasty to get Norae
Then we know Norae gave her supportive message together with oranges
Could it be an idea for Seola to take it slow and do something sweet like that to get Norae
Look forward to it

joined Feb 17, 2015

Seola thought that she was too hasty to get Norae
Then we know Norae gave her supportive message together with oranges
Could it be an idea for Seola to take it slow and do something sweet like that to get Norae
Look forward to it

I'm agree with you. we will see a lot of cute and sweet thing from both of them. ^^

Tokyo%20mew%20mew%20icon
joined Jan 15, 2015

I liked this chapter. Like others said, I wish we could see things from No-rae's perspective, though TT-TT It feels so long since we have last seen her perspective! Though I still love seeing Seol-a's perspective hehe.
Can't wait for next chapter!!!~~~

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014
Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

it's early it caught me off guard
seol-a is being funnily intimidating (?), I can't think of the proper english word
anybody had thoughts with those flashbacks of no-rae's moments with sung-pyo?

also on an unrelated note, i wonder if anybody had found a picture of ssamba herself on her blog..

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 9:45AM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

seol-a is being funnily intimidating (?), I can't think of the proper english word

It's okay I was thinking similarly. I can't think of a better way to say it either.

anybody had thoughts with those flashbacks of no-rae's moments with sung-pyo?

I was wondering about that myself. Is she comparing her feelings for him and Seol-A? Why is she thinking about him?!?

On a side note Seol-A was making her way nervous and that was adorkable.

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Is she comparing her feelings for him and Seol-A? Why is she thinking about him?!?

ehh, please don't even consider going back, no-rae ;_;

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yay new chapter is long. I can't wait for the translation! Side note, it seems like Seol-A is making amends with her brother lol. I really like these details Ssamba always adds from side characters. What does Seol-A even say to No-Rae? Probably not confessing though I guess. Maybe Seol-A is also talking about someone she likes with her brother, that would be cool.
No-Rae and the ex flashback. I wonder if Ssamba will ever show if they got intimate before

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

we will have to suffer ...

joined Aug 29, 2015

hopefully, Ssamba could think of an event or situation where Seol-a could finally say those "three words" cause I think the current chapter is already building up the momentum for that moment. again, I really do hope Ssamba could capture the right timing and right situation for it. though I wonder who will say "I love you" first. maybe it will be the ex and No-rae will say. "sorry, but I'm already in love with someone else" LOL!!!

checking out Chapter 50 while listening to AKB48 "UZA" I think the song fit Seol-a and No-rae's current situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIdWXhV33vs

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 11:05AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Gosh im anxious

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

What I want to see in upcoming chapters:
No-Bae meeting Seol-A's family (would love for it to be from No-Rae's perspective)
More cute fluffy moments of them together
Chapters from No-Rae's perspective in general
A push for one of them to confess to each other
Then finish off with at least 5 chapters of them being a couple
Share lots of cute kisses

*Note I said No-Bae on purpose lol

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Gosh im anxious

this

thatonegirlfromthatonething
Forumphoto
joined Nov 1, 2015

My God, that first little Seola smirk when her and Norae were sitting at the table together gives me life. Really curious about that whole part, Norae seemed hella nervous haha, and also even more curious about that small flashback thing with Norae and Kkyeong. I'm hoping it'll be something like "Wow, Seola was REALLY concerned about your past relationship.. ;)" w/ Norae strangling her hahaha. But I'm kind of expecting something more like "Wow, you and Sung-Pyo looked pretty comfy over there.." lol whatever though, long chapter, felt like there was a lot going on, I enjoyed :)

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^haha, I think it's more along the lines of So I might have told Seol-a about your ex- and No-Rae proceeds to the throttling. But I guess we'll see soon

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 4:03PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

This...

Damn Seol-a

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

^Is it me or is it chilly in here???

(One hell of a cold face)

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

yesnal namjachinguya (old male friend)

really no-rae, reaaaalllyyy?

To reply you must either login or sign up.