Forum › Filled With Lots of Love discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was great :) I love millet soup stuff - and longer doujins like this - and there isn't enough Alice X Patchouli stuff either.

Also, I love how they do Shanghai - with real feelings and intelligence not just a controlled doll.

The 2nd to last bubble should be 'I'm' not ' I ' though.

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 3:08AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Not just an Alice x Patchouli doujin, but one by Millet Soup and featuring Shinki!? This night just got a lot better! Thank you so much for uploading and scanlating this!

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

I love my mom like you do alice!,its heartwarming ^^

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 4:28AM

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I haven't called my mom in two months... I'm sorry mom.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Looks like this is connected to http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/effective_medicine_for_the_worrisome_you

Or at least on page 22 they're referencing it. So a Sequel tag?

I've always liked Alice x Patchouli, and I really dislike Marisa, don't know why.

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 4:55AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Rather than sequel, many of Millet Soup works simply belong to a same continuity. They're not thematically linked, so no need to join them.
And this kind of reference is actually pretty common in their doujins.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Rather than sequel, many of Millet Soup works simply belong to a same continuity. They're not thematically linked, so no need to join them.

So if, a few doujins down the line they get together while it keeps referencing previous doujins, they wouldn't be joined? They're bringing up stuff from previous ones while they're advancing the story, that's kind of like what a sequel is.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Millet Soup's Patche x Alice has continuity though. Except for the one with Aya, I don't know where it stands.

At least this Shinki is loved by Alice. Suck on that Fuantei!

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

A Millet Soup doujin? On my birthday? Wih my fav pairing? Yep, BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

More than Alice x Patchouli (which I do love), it's the ongoing subtle Shanghai x Koakuma that appears so often in Millet Soup's works that really grabs me.

And is it just me, or is Shanghai even cuter in this than usual, not even counting the bit at the end?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Millet Soup delivers again.

delightful read.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

More than Alice x Patchouli (which I do love), it's the ongoing subtle Shanghai x Koakuma that appears so often in Millet Soup's works that really grabs me.

Agreed. I also quite like Yohane's Marisa X Shanghai, which makes me wonder if it's not just the allure of miniature characters in relationships with normal-sized characters. There's something indescribably adorable about it... I think the size difference restricts the physical aspect of the relationship, and what's left has a far more endearing 'love despite' feel to it.

But then, I just love over-analyzing things to sound clever. When the chips are down, Millet Soup still makes me squee like a young girl who was just given a pony.

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 5:39PM

NO WAY, THIS IS JUST TOOOOO ADOOOOOORRBBBZZZZZ >///<
I LOVE the pairing, Alice's WONDERFUL mummy AND that CUUUTE LIL doll daughter!!! That drawing of hers... SOOO LOVELYYY >~<

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Agreed. I also quite like Yohane's Marisa X Shanghai, which makes me wonder if it's not just the allure of miniature characters in relationships with normal-sized characters.

If you like shipping Shinmyoumaru with anyone, then it's probably true.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Agreed. I also quite like Yohane's Marisa X Shanghai, which makes me wonder if it's not just the allure of miniature characters in relationships with normal-sized characters. There's something indescribably adorable about it... I think the size difference restricts the physical aspect of the relationship, and what's left has a far more endearing 'love despite' feel to it.

Totally agree with that. I really like extreme size difference or human-obviously nonhuman relationships for just that reason. Social and logistical restrictions like that make for really interesting romance.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

So if, a few doujins down the line they get together while it keeps referencing previous doujins, they wouldn't be joined? They're bringing up stuff from previous ones while they're advancing the story, that's kind of like what a sequel is.

Its more of a self advertising gag I've always thought. Sometimes it doesn't even tie in to the current story as a past happening being referenced. It might just be that they bring up santa hats and mention, "hey, if you happen to like Santa outfits, make sure to check out (lets make a snowman together)". Or if they're cooking and say, "If you like cooking stuff, perhaps you should read (Chef Remilia's Cooking Will Make You Happy!!)"

A quick reference to another work, not sequel worthy imho

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Its more of a self advertising gag I've always thought. Sometimes it doesn't even tie in to the current story as a past happening being referenced. It might just be that they bring up santa hats and mention, "hey, if you happen to like Santa outfits, make sure to check out (lets make a snowman together)". Or if they're cooking and say, "If you like cooking stuff, perhaps you should read (Chef Remilia's Cooking Will Make You Happy!!)"

Yeah, it's a running gag, not a continuity. You could take some of them as contradictory in fact.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I get what you're saying, but the examples you gave are completely different. In your examples that stuff didn't happen in those previous stories, while in this one they clearly reference a previous thing that happened.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

If shinki had an appearance in that story about giving her the pajama's or any of the gifts for that matter was hinted or mentioned it might have a slimmer of hope of being connected story wise, but whats really being done is something small and irrelevant has been introduced to "advertise" another work. I think you're looking into it more than necessary.

Trying to put a timetable to these works isn't possible with the references they make to other works alone, like nezchan said, it's just a running gag he uses.

Edit:The examples I used aren't exact, but they are real examples of references made from one work to another, that doesn't make them sequel worthy either.

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 9:20PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Millet Soup's Patche x Alice has continuity though. Except for the one with Aya, I don't know where it stands.

At least this Shinki is loved by Alice. Suck on that Fuantei!

You should read Fuantei's concluding series about that; it ended very happily.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

You should read Fuantei's concluding series about that; it ended very happily.

I did. Fuantei Alice is still a bitch though.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Looks like this is connected to http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/effective_medicine_for_the_worrisome_you

Or at least on page 22 they're referencing it. So a Sequel tag?

I've always liked Alice x Patchouli, and I really dislike Marisa, don't know why.

Well, it could be because Marisa is a tomboy character and they tend to be pretty hard to write. Unfortunately most writers end up just writing them like guys with breasts and that tends to dilute the yuri feel. Alice and Patchouli are almost always written as more feminine characters.

Agreed. I also quite like Yohane's Marisa X Shanghai, which makes me wonder if it's not just the allure of miniature >characters in relationships with normal-sized characters. There's something indescribably adorable about it... I think >the size difference restricts the physical aspect of the relationship, and what's left has a far more endearing 'love >despite' feel to it.

I don't know, I can think of some pretty kinky physical aspects of the size difference relationship. I get what your saying, though.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I've been wondering , what does Alice call shinki in this? i would think something formal in the usual works that i see them in, but with milet soup i wasn't sure.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I've been wondering , what does Alice call shinki in this? i would think something formal in the usual works that i see them in, but with milet soup i wasn't sure.

I was wondering this too. Finally found the raws here: http://dropbooks.tv/detail/zBTqVsuPSI#

It looks like she introduces her mother "Are wa Watashi no Haha-oya" which means roughly "that thing is the woman who raised me."

When addressing her directly she calls her Kaa-san.

To reply you must either login or sign up.