Forum › Happy Birthday Nozomi-chan discussion

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

My favorite thing about Love Live birthdays is that we get doujin spam. I am literally sitting here at work waiting and you guys did disappoint! This was super cute :D

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

ELI x NOZOMI ROMANCE BOMB. MILLIONS ARE DEAD.

I love this site. I love these scanlators. I love these translators.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Nice, but somehow this didn't feel like Nozomi at all.
Different facial expressions maybe? Not sure. But seriously, I wouldn't know it's Nozomi if I wasn't told.

last edited at Oct 21, 2015 10:36AM

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

We love kind readers like you, too. <3

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

I think this is the first LL doujin I have read in which someone other than Nico cannot wear a ring at work. Is Nozomi a pro idol now?
Not complaining, mind you, I enjoyed the work, especially the unexpected benefit.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

An insecure Nontan is fine, too.

Thanks so much. You guys rock!

rexbandit Uploader
41620721_big_p12%20(2
joined May 12, 2013

About Nozomi not being able to wear a ring at work - when I first read the strip, two things immediately came to my mind:

• She might be working somewhere with a dress code. Many Japanese businesses/companies have a strict dress code which you are expected to adhere to. I know some more conservative companies don't like their female staff wearing pants and high heels. They are also discouraged from wearing heavy make up or jewelry.

• She doesn't want to openly flaunt her relationship with Eli because Japan isn't exactly very open to gay relationships.

last edited at Oct 21, 2015 8:14AM

rexbandit Uploader
41620721_big_p12%20(2
joined May 12, 2013

We love kind readers like you, too. <3

I second that, Nyan! :3 Thanks for liking our work and for giving us a great comment. / thumbs up /

last edited at Oct 21, 2015 8:13AM

Tumblr_inline_o0jzypbfvb1tn11th_540_1452229079373
joined Jun 5, 2015

cute.. -blush-
I always love it when nozomi get hairstyle like that..

and of course the ring will stuck there, even she can put her card in between.. haa..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But the band sucks!

Sooo much LOOOOVE >~<
Isn't it possible to wear that ring without telling coworkers WHO the soon-to-behubby/wifey is?... Or whaterver NozoEri 4 LIFE <3<3<3

joined Mar 25, 2013

Thanks to the translators :] Very cute. For once we see Nozomi being the crybaby xD

I wonder if this warrants the Adult life tag?

joined Jan 12, 2014

About Nozomi not being able to wear a ring at work - when I first read the strip, two things immediately came to my mind:

• She might be working somewhere with a dress code. Many Japanese businesses/companies have a strict dress code which you are expected to adhere to. I know some more conservative companies don't like their female staff wearing pants and high heels. They are also discouraged from wearing heavy make up or jewelry.

• She doesn't want to openly flaunt her relationship with Eli because Japan isn't exactly very open to gay relationships.

I thought she might be working in a food related job, as a chef, apprentice, kitchen assistant...

Here in Japan they are very strict if you work with food. That means no rings, no bracelets, no nail polish, nails always cut short and clean... if you cut your hand you can't even use normal band aid, you have to use approved liquid bandage. The supervisor checks everyone's hands before starting work...

Also no facial piercing (like eyebrow piercing, nose piercing, lip piercing, etc...), no earrings and no necklaces (jewelry in general) because the risk of them somehow getting in the food.

And no make up. Because the risk of the make up products getting in the food.

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

Its funny that they said happy birthday to Eri on credit page but the story is about Nozomi's birthday (>.<)b anyway love this story!

joined Jan 8, 2014

Cute stuff!

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I got confused for a second since it was Eri's birthday, not Nozomi's lol
The Love Live girls' birthdays are my birthday because of these awesome presents!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH I WANT TO CRY

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

This is soooo great!! You guys are the best!!! <3 Long live NozoEli!!!!

joined Aug 10, 2015

AAAYYEEEE I LOVE YOU GUYS

rexbandit Uploader
41620721_big_p12%20(2
joined May 12, 2013

I thought she might be working in a food related job, as a chef, apprentice, kitchen assistant...

Here in Japan they are very strict if you work with food. That means no rings, no bracelets, no nail polish, nails always cut short and clean... if you cut your hand you can't even use normal band aid, you have to use approved liquid bandage. The supervisor checks everyone's hands before starting work...

Also no facial piercing (like eyebrow piercing, nose piercing, lip piercing, etc...), no earrings and no necklaces (jewelry in general) because the risk of them somehow getting in the food.

And no make up. Because the risk of the make up products getting in the food.

/ thumbs up / Nice!!! Thanks so much for the insight.

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

I got confused for a second since it was Eri's birthday, not Nozomi's lol
The Love Live girls' birthdays are my birthday because of these awesome presents!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH I WANT TO CRY

Usually, the short comics for a specific girl's birthday don't get posted until 2 - 3 days after. But we don't want to be late, and these were delayed doujins from Nozomi's birthday so we're like "Well, release on Eri's!" LOL

__gertrud_barkhorn_world_witches_series_and_etc_drawn_by_amakawa_ginga__970ec8089e5295274b5d2dc3d38d2725
joined Oct 21, 2015

I might be reading too much into this, but why wouldn't she be able to wear a ring in her workplace? Is she working as a hostess or something?

There's still a bit of a stigma against Gay couples over in Japan, there's a good chance she may get grief for it, unfortunately ;_;

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

~A ring.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Don't worry NozoEli, it will be legalized soon. :)

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/10/22/national/social-issues/fuji-tv-announces-japan-first-lesbian-drama-heels-advances-lgbt-rights#.Vimo9on-Iwj

(though only in some parts of Japan but still good)

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 11:30PM

joined Aug 10, 2015

Don't worry NozoEli, it will be legalized soon. :)

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/10/22/national/social-issues/fuji-tv-announces-japan-first-lesbian-drama-heels-advances-lgbt-rights#.Vimo9on-Iwj

(though only in some parts of Japan but still good)

What, seriously?! Japan would be the last country i'd expect that!...(no, probably russia and korea but still-) that's awesome!!! :3 Everyone's improving~
puts hands in air HUSSSAAAA

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

so sweeeeeeeEEET HOLY SHIT.

To reply you must either login or sign up.