Forum › Oborozukiyo no Kimi discussion

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

So a bit of bondage is all it takes to get a BDSM

Very nice story though, lovely art. ;)
It looks interesting but is Kancolle worth watching?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

BDSM is also Aliased as Bondage...It was hard to know what main name to use for the tag, but it covers all that kind of stuff.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Given that the B stands for Bondage....

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

Bondage and Akaga..... what a great combination..... is truly at peace

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So uh.. what is the point of not letting it be known that she likes her?

Anyways, nice to see hentai with BDSM tag that does not have rape nor any fucked up shit in it. Was rather nice.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 11:50PM

7a067e9e6fb1c92210174e64e9f1e23d
joined Jun 19, 2013

Just something for those that may not know: "The moon is beautiful" thing is a reference, tho one I only know incidentally. In the Meiji era saying "I love you" to a partner was still somewhat bold in terms of frankness, so Natsume Soseki once opined to a student that it was better to translate "I love you" from English into "the moon is beautiful, isn't it?" in Japanese.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just something for those that may not know: "The moon is beautiful" thing is a reference, tho one I only know incidentally. In the Meiji era saying "I love you" to a partner was still somewhat bold in terms of frankness, so Natsume Soseki once opined to a student that it was better to translate "I love you" from English into "the moon is beautiful, isn't it?" in Japanese.

To manga fans, it's pretty well known since it's used a lot in romance stories, especially in doujins. Several NanoFate stories have it, for instance, and I think there are a few KanColle as well. There's a particularly funny Touhou one using that as the punch line.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

several stories with kaguya an mokou use the reference

Light_blue_429604_i0
joined Sep 28, 2014

So a bit of bondage is all it takes to get a BDSM

Very nice story though, lovely art. ;)
It looks interesting but is Kancolle worth watching?

I liked Kancolle. The amount of yuri exceeded Love Live! surprisingly, and the plot was suspenseful too. BUT BE WARNED, be prepared to run into lots of het if you're searching for kancolle doujins, or searching up kancolle in general.

joined Feb 9, 2015

is Kancolle worth watching?

watching

Only if you're really bored and desperately want to kill a few hours. The plot is all over the place (thanks to three different writers working on it), visuals are pretty average, and if you're looking for yuri, it's mostly subtext.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I dunno ... "casual bondage/bdsm" ... I think since I ship this pair I cant get past the "arrangement" between them, but for a sex book it was decent, good drawing and such

Kinda sad if they only do it with each other but no mutual love involved... O_o

HOT STUFF THOUGH >///<

joined Mar 25, 2013

HOT STUFF THOUGH >///<

Well, there is love from Kaga but is denied when she tries to voice it, and that makes me sad. Akagi only seeks release.

Still, thanks to The Army for the two Kantai releases :]

last edited at Sep 28, 2015 5:56AM

joined Apr 12, 2014

Fave paoring

joined Mar 25, 2013

Appreciating the appreciation :) . It's my speculation that Akagi hides much of her feelings. Since it was a hazy moonlit night (the title), her agreement to Kaga's 'The moon is beautiful' might be a lie (i.e She meant 'I love you too', not the observation of the moon). I don't have much ground to stand on aside from that clouded moon, her asking for a kiss at the beginning and the fact she won't seek release with anyone else. Even if it's not true, I need some delusion to keep going...

True delusions are nice when they're like that xD Though it seems Kaga has attempted a few times before to say she loves her and has been denied in more or less the same manner. I'm just wondering why Akagi would stop Kaga when supposedly she feels the same, even if she hides her feelings. Plus Kaga seemed to be hurting a bit? That's a bit too strongly, still, that feeling will only get worse and worse with every denial from Akagi. Add to that that it seems like Akagi is the one getting the pleasure 90-95% of the time, based on the "Only for today." thing Kaga says.

Or you know, I'm just overthinking it. Yeah, let's go with that xD (Who wants a depressing story after all?)

last edited at Sep 28, 2015 4:48PM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I didn't really like the style, though the story was decent (for an nsfw doujin that is)
I guess Akagi is just scared of stepping beyond that friendship border into the lovers area, cause if they break up it's the end for them or probably some other cliché thought.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

And it seems like that's the only part that ever gets tagged. Im not saying that it's not a part of it but there's also the *DSM (Dominance/ Submission, Sadism/ Masochism) which rarely seems present in the Mangas I've seen with the tag thus far.

I'm not saying the tagging for this story is wrong I'm just curious as to whether Bondage alone is really BDSM or if it is its own stand alone catagory. ;p

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And it seems like that's the only part that ever gets tagged. Im not saying that it's not a part of it but there's also the *DSM (Dominance/ Submission, Sadism/ Masochism) which rarely seems present in the Mangas I've seen with the tag thus far.

It's rare on the site as well. Can't think of too many, especially ones that don't involve bondage.

HOT STUFF THOUGH >///<

Well, there is love from Kaga but is denied when she tries to voice it, and that makes me sad. Akagi only seeks release.

Yeah as i said, no mutual love IF Akagi doesn't reciprocate Kaga's feelings... :'(

I HATE DRAMA~

HOT STUFF THOUGH >///<

Appreciating the appreciation :) . It's my speculation that Akagi hides much of her feelings. Since it was a hazy moonlit night (the title), her agreement to Kaga's 'The moon is beautiful' might be a lie (i.e She meant 'I love you too', not the observation of the moon). I don't have much ground to stand on aside from that clouded moon, her asking for a kiss at the beginning and the fact she won't seek release with anyone else. Even if it's not true, I need some delusion to keep going...

Hey, what the- why HIDING those feelings of love and declaring it through that moon phrase when she could just be open about it and tell Kaga clearly FACE-TO-FACE(while doing the thing ;D)?!? O_o
WHAT'S THERE that keeps Akagi not wanting feelings of love revealed??? XD

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

It's rare on the site as well. Can't think of too many, especially ones that don't involve bondage.

Ohhh, I see. (Me either now that I think about it.)
Ah, and I didn't mean without bondage, I just meant including the other aspects.

joined Mar 25, 2013

^ To be honest I forgot that Akagi tied her hands and basically said 'let me return the favor' xD Though I'm interested to see what kind of reason Akagi has for denying Kaga saying she loves her and if she indeed loves her back, why would she prolong the 'friends with benefits' thing and not just say it back. I can't think of a reason.

last edited at Sep 28, 2015 9:01PM

AircraftCarrierKaga
joined Sep 29, 2015

^ To be honest I forgot that Akagi tied her hands and basically said 'let me return the favor' xD Though I'm interested to see what kind of reason Akagi has for denying Kaga saying she loves her and if she indeed loves her back, why would she prolong the 'friends with benefits' thing and not just say it back. I can't think of a reason.

Maybe Akagi has a...trauma in the past? Seems to me there's something going on BEFORE things became like this. Still hot tho and yet no less depressing. Damn. They have angst attached to their lives indeed.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

They have angst attached to their lives indeed.

Why is there almost always some kind of tragic undercurrent with this pairing? Don't see much with other parings if at all.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Maybe Akagi has a...trauma in the past? Seems to me there's something going on BEFORE things became like this. Still hot tho and yet no less depressing. Damn. They have angst attached to their lives indeed.

Perhaps, we'll never know though xD

Why is there almost always some kind of tragic undercurrent with this pairing? Don't see much with other parings if at all.

We don't see this kind of thing with other pairings is because they're not as popular and/or 'important'. As in throughout the anime we see how Akagi is more or less irreplaceable, so it's kind of natural, plus I wouldn't be surprised if historically there is something as well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.