Forum › Manga General Thread

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

And Boku wa Mari no Naka chapter 54 is out and I think we officially have yuri route now, Mari says she loves Yori and want to search together for a true home for both of them, but I don't think it's going to end for some time so it still have chance to not end in yuri , but I really doubt that will happen.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

And Boku wa Mari no Naka chapter 54 is out and I think we officially have yuri route now, Mari says she loves Yori and want to search together for a true home for both of them, but I don't think it's going to end for some time so it still have chance to not end in yuri , but I really doubt that will happen.

I have mixed feelings about that chapter. Technically you could call it yuri but Yori loves Mari, not ""whoever is in Mari right now" and Komori never was close to anyone so I'm not sure he truly loves her. I think he just thinks he loves her because she is the only person close to him. I think they both are just confused. For now, I'll see what happens next.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yori is delusional as fuck, she was all HEY MARI WHATS UP SIS just a few chapters ago, i'm sure that as long as a part of Mari remains there she'll be fine with it

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yori is delusional as fuck, she was all HEY MARI WHATS UP SIS just a few chapters ago, i'm sure that as long as a part of Mari remains there she'll be fine with it

Yea. That is what I meant.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Anybody else read Gakuen Nightmare ? About a spirit hunter girl in an all girl school, collecting urban legends. action rather similar to card captor sakura, only with a darker atmosphere (though still quite light and with some comedy).

Has some nice potential with an all girl cast, lots of subtext and even a lesbian side-couple.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm getting really, REALLY tired of Tonari no Kashiwagi-san
It was never an paragon of originality to begin with, but it was comfy enough to keep reading
And then for 30+ chapters now it's been the most shitty generic innocent love story a person could ever concoct while the initial premise has all but completely vanished out of the timeline, really hate when a story loses sight of what it originally was when they doesn't have absolutely nothing to replace it with

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I just caught up to the latest chapter of Boku wa Mari no naka. It's so mind-boggling. I'm placing my bet on her having split personality/ies. Could anyone recommend anymore good body-swap manga or something similar to the idea?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Satsuki

I just caught up to the latest chapter of Boku wa Mari no naka. It's so mind-boggling. I'm placing my bet on her having split personality/ies. Could anyone recommend anymore good body-swap manga or something similar to the idea?

I'm not convinced because It's not how split personality works, at least from what I know, but I don't deny possibility
. Do you prefer another mind fuck or something lighter?

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 6:11AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Nevri, then in your perspective, what do you think it is in Mari's case? Something supernatural? I'm sticking to the split personality/multiple personality disorder unless something comes up that convinces me otherwise.

I'd like to keep my options broad, so tell me both the "mind fuck" one and the lighter one. Thanks

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i read lucu lucu that ending though.......
already forgot...

lots of people were discontent about the ending, but i love it for the slice of life, and not for the mistery aspect, and the ending was predictable enought,

one "body swap" manga i remember is Midori days, the concept is quite fucked, but the story isn't, it's very difficult to read till the end w/o crying a little

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 11:12AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

What happened in Lucu Lucu ending?

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

What happened in Lucu Lucu ending?

i don't know if it's a retoric question, but, well..., her solution to the overflowing hell was to try to made an other world, infact she was lucifer, the angel who wanted to be like god; pretty normal..., but the implications were that there was no god in heaven, and angels and demons were the same race,
her first attempt was with that boy (i don't remember the name) because she had feeling for him and she wanted to save his life.

i remembered one my prefered manga, that i never understood why it's so little known: Lucifer and the biscuit hammer, i really reccomend it (it's het but it's a pity to not read it, if one abuses his own time reading bleach-like trash shonen, then read hoshi no samidare to see what is like a shonen)

p.s.: it's not that i forgot the spoiler, but it's that i didn't know how to do it...

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 12:22PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

It was not a rhetoric question, thanks lucamarte.

And to hide spoiler put == at the beginning and at the end of what you want to hide, you can find more here.

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 2:42PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

i read lucu lucu that ending though.......
already forgot...

lots of people were discontent about the ending, but i love it for the slice of life, and not for the mystery aspect, and the ending was predictable enough,

i read it for the character design which i find unique.

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 4:32PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Satsuki

Nevri, then in your perspective, what do you think it is in Mari's case? Something supernatural? I'm sticking to the split personality/multiple personality disorder unless something comes up that convinces me otherwise.

I usually glimpses at comments when I end reading on Mangahere, so that is how I learned about multiple personalities disorder theory. I have to say, I prefer to think they just swapped body, but this theory is really compelling. It doesn't cover every single thing, but what made me question it the most, was when in most recent chapters Komori could unconsciously remember Mari's memory. That is not how MPD works. Each personality is it's own persona and has owns memory. Usually patient has no idea he has it, unless he is told. So the fact that Komori remembers Mari's memories while still being "Komori persona created by Mari's observations" just doesn't add up. At least if my knowledge is right. The thing with photo, memory of fairy wheel and reaction of Mari's mother to questions could indicate that it's indeed MPD, but could as well mean that Mari had just some tragic past/trauma. From what we know about her behavior before Komori taken over, she did was pretty distant and "mature" so it is a possibility. All in all I'm open. I prefer to think it's really Komori as more scenes work better that way for me, but I don't deny that possibility and if it does turn out to be true, I'll applaud for whoever foreseen it.

I'd like to keep my options broad, so tell me both the "mind fuck" one and the lighter one.

I actually asked only to tell you I don't know any dark body swap stories, but then I remembered that I do xD

Mayonaka no X Giten: Main character learns about way to swap body with 7 random people. He enjoys his first try as ultra sexy pop idol only to pay huge price after he switches back. It is dark mystery story with great humor while making you question your sexuality at the same time. There is yaoyuri in it (it makes sense in context). Worth to mention that best friend of main female character is psycho lesbian with hots for her, but so far it is played for usual comedy and MFC of course has hots for MMC so go figure, although there is huge possibility of yaoi ending so who knows xD.

Joshi Shougakusei Hajimemashita: You might read this one since it's on reader, but you could miss it as well so I'm putting it here anyway. Lovely comedy about guy wishing he was a little girl and passing by "kyuube" granting it for him. I didn't read it through, only rushed by second half what is available, but from what I saw it was pretty funny and silly.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo: Saw first chapter and looked promising. It still sits on "plan to read" since then, but there is definitely body swapping. It looks to be love comedy, but I can't really say anything more.

Tsukiyo no Fromage: Same thing. First chapter looked promising. Never read it since then. Main character gets pulled into eroge and becomes heroine. Unlike Yamada, it seems that it was dropped, but there are 17 chapters translated so it might be worth the read.

My Barbaric Girlfriend: Main character gets accidentally body swap with his ultra violent female friend by her mad scientist grandfather. She actually likes it and don't want to swap back. Our main protagonist is of course not happy with it, but because machine gets destroyed, they can't revert back. This one I actually started to read, but dropped very fast since after main characters swapped body "female" protagonist decided to get crazy hair-style, started to train her new body, but said to "male" protagonist something along the lines of "I'm going to enjoy my life now, but you don't do anything with my body, since if you do I'll kill you". So she is doing w/e she wants and act like perfect man, but he can't even watch her body naked (stupid cliche) because she still feels like a girl and wants to preserve her purity. It really pissed me off, but after series ended I actually read some good comments about it. It appears later even main protagonist if fine with being female and there are some yaoi and yuri moments for them. I honestly don't remember if they end up together anyway/swap back for good, but it is supposedly good series. I'm going to give it a second chance eventually, but maybe you won't be bothered by it as much as I was.

Shishunki Bitter Change: This one is actually pretty unique. Main protagonists swap their body by accident. What is interesting about this series is that they swapped them as elementary students. So far they get to high school and still didn't swap back. So this manga deals with looking at gender issues from opposite gender perspective, what it truly means to grow up and of course tackles sexuality and gender identity issues. It's more down to earth and dramatic than a comedy (and honestly, there isn't really any comedy here).

Fukigen Cinderella: Let's back to dark theme. Main protagonist is antisocial douche-bag who one day gets cursed to swap between male and female body at 12 hours intervals. This one is all about MC interaction with other characters. There is a lot disturbing and screwed up stuff here, especially with MC past. Sadly it was axed so series is supposedly rushed, but for what we got, I thought it was pretty darn good. MC is actually pretty sympathetic when you get to it, so rooting for him wasn't that hard and I could relate to some stuff. Sadly it ends at little unsatisfying not. We are getting pretty interesting twist in last chapter, but manga ends without explaining anything. Even if rest of plot was rushed, there seriously was needed just one more chapter to properly ties everything up. You can easily make your own conclusion about end so it isn't all that bad.

Bokura no Kiseki: It's little different, but main concept kinda fits into body swap theme. Main hero is keeping on having dreams from his past life as princess in fantasy world. He tries to gather as much info from his dreams as he can. Later it turns out his dreams connect to his life more than he thoughts. I really loved the premise but sadly it went completely different path I imagined so I dropped it. Still it doesn't mean you won't like it manga. It's mystery story with some dark elements, so it might pick your interest.

Cheeky Angel: Kind of honorable mention. It's comedy about young boy who after rescuing magic book, gets to ask for a wish from genie and he wishes to be the man among men so as prank genie turns him into woman among women. After he gets to high school he meets typical bully guy who falls head over hills in him and keeps on trying to win MC over ever since. There are few more characters who joins trying to win MC over pretty fast. From there you get reversed harem love comedy with slapstick humor (physical strength is a plot point). I read about 30-40 chapters put got bored at some point and dropped it. Plot was progressing but I kinda felt like it's getting too drag on. I'm mentioning it, because after series ended I read that there is actually really clever plot twist at the very end and possibly yuri ending if I understood implication right so I'm probably gonna try reading it again.

Finally done >.< I hope you will find something in your taste from these ;3

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

i find body swap very disturbing......... unless the character want it to begin with.
90% of people probably jump off the cliff if they suddenly wake up in the opposite sex body!!!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

i find body swap very disturbing......... unless the character want it to begin with.
90% of people probably jump off the cliff if they suddenly wake up in the opposite sex body!!!

I know it's off topic, but now realize that transgender people are like that from the birth. Sucks to be them.

last edited at Jul 22, 2015 7:01PM

joined May 19, 2014

Finally done >.< I hope you will find something in your taste from these ;3

I think I definitely will! I appreciate the short descriptions you provided for the manga, it gives me an idea of how the atmosphere of the stories will be. Admittedly, I prefer darker themes for body swap stories. Thanks a lot Nev.

I found a dark body swap story which you may or may not have heard of, it's Kasane by Matsuura Daruma and I thought it was pretty good.
Basically it's about this really ugly girl who loves acting and had a beautiful mother who was also an actress. Since she doesn't look like her mom cause she's ugly, she gets bullied and becomes an outcast. Depressed and wanting to end her life, she remembers her mother's words about wearing a certain lipstick and to kiss the thing that she desires after putting it on.

I think the story emphasises how beauty is everything or how physical beauty can get you anywhere in life (most of the time). The atmosphere of the story is similar to Umareru Kachi Baka (the guy who becomes an elementary kid and tries to woo his childhood friend Anna)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Thanks a lot Nev.

You are welcome <3

I found a dark body swap story which you may or may not have heard of, it's Kasane by Matsuura Daruma and I thought it was pretty good.

Oh dang. I totally forgot about it. I was just checking all gender bender mangas on mangahere for ones I recognize, but some body swaps are not actually listed as gender bender. For example Mayonaka no X Giten is listed only as supernatural. I remembered about it mainly because I read it recently.

Anyway I was reading it, but around half of what is available I just lost interest in it. I agree premise is interesting, but I guess it just isn't my cup of tea. I know beauty>>>ugly is a common trope and even if I don't agree with it, there are things like discrimination because of your look, but that manga took it little too far. Making main character's face as terrifying as devil's really pushed my suspension of disbelief. Idea of her living her entire life stealing faces wasn't really suggesting any good endings either. I know that is the point of this manga and it isn't something you completely related to. I guess I'm just very picky about my mangas.

The atmosphere of the story is similar to Umareru Kachi Baka (the guy who becomes an elementary kid and tries to woo his childhood friend Anna)

Oh yea. This thing. Idea is interesting, but holy crap, it is fucked up. I guess I like seriously dark stuff only in hentais (when you actually want to relate to characters, it became hard to do).

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

thank you all for introducing me to Boku wa Mari no Naka~

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

It was not a rhetoric question, thanks lucamarte.

And to hide spoiler put == at the beginning and at the end of what you want to hide, you can find more here.

i'm happy to be of use, thanks to you for the infos,

@koneko: yes, unique is the right word, even with an old school feeling, the first time i found out about this manga, that cover you uploaded catched my attention immediately.

i come back to this thread for some suggestion about manga to read, and this time i found a lot of names, body swap isn't my genre, but i'm sure to find some good read, thanks to all,
yesterday i read gakuen nightmare, the concept is good, it isn't original and there was a little too much ecchi, but it was an enjoyable reading regardless

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 3:07AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
joined Nov 30, 2011

Well... the Dressrosa arc in One Piece FINALLY ended!!!!!! My god I never thought I'd see the day!!! Though I admit that it was one of the best arcs in the series thus far (right behind Skypiea). But whew!!!! Was it a loooong LONG ride!!! One that was well worth it too!

joined May 23, 2015

It's pretty easy to find out many of the series I like (hint: being a translator, pretty much any series I work on, aka pretty much any series my group releases). Of course there are many others I also read, which are either already being translated or would be far too much work to translate.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Oh, just found this thread :D I like threads like these. Sure, I already have thousands of bookmarks of mangas I may want to read completely someday, but you never know where you find a new favorite^^
So thanks @Nevri for mentioning Shishunki Bitter Change. Didn't knew about this one and I really like it so far. But I mistook some of the joke pages for real ones and then wondered why the story didn't acknowledge this stuff. Until I noticed my mistake, but it took me a few chapters. Okay, maybe it took me half of all released chapters. I probably shouldn't read that fast^^.

My all time favorite manga is probably Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12948).
A cute 4-koma about Kuro and her Journey through the land and the people she meets. It can turn really dark and sad at times, especially when you think a little more about things that are sometimes only implied. The most prominent would be that Kuro is carrying a coffin on her back all the time, just like the title says. And I'm not sure if this story will have an happy end (it's still ongoing with 5 vol). But I love the story and the characters. Especially those cute little twins^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.