Forum › Manga General Thread

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Kagura I think. I have stopped reading Fairy Tail pretty early so I don't know the context or how much yuri there actually is.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 2:19PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Kagura I think. I have stopped reading Fairy Tail pretty early so I don't know the context or how much yuri there actually is.

Probably none, always be sceptical whenever yuri shows up in a non yuri series, ESPECIALLY in a shounen one.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 6:36PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

P-Please don't cry! You're too froggy for that ;__;

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

You know what's (one of) the problem(s) with them generic harem mangas that has a main girl whose name is even on the damn title?
They're too fucking predictable! Godamnit why am i even this mad i smelled this coming from ages ago

last edited at Jul 27, 2016 9:33PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

witchcraft work kagari adopted?!!
one step closer to yuri.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Whoa! Bleach ended? how/when did that happen?......... no one cares anymore ... cancelled ...oh...I didn't think it would get that bad...guess I'll finish it soon since I'm only like 20 chs behind.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

Whoa! Bleach ended? how/when did that happen?......... no one cares anymore ... cancelled ...oh...I didn't think it would get that bad...guess I'll finish it soon since I'm only like 20 chs behind.

It has really shitty rushed ending.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
Though everything really isn't Kubo's fault. WSJ and the community itself are to blame. I was disappointed by the ending, and the final arc too, alhough it had a great potential. Such a waste, to see one of the Big 3 end like that. (Though Naruto ending wasn't really better.)
I'd have liked if Kubo trolled and made Ywahch or Aizen kill everyone in the 686...

last edited at Aug 25, 2016 7:46AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Utoptia posted:

^
Though everything really isn't Kubo's fault. WSJ and the community itself are to blame. I was disappointed by the ending, and the final arc too, alhough it had a great potential. Such a waste, to see one of the Big 3 end like that. (Though Naruto ending wasn't really better.)
I'd have liked if Kubo trolled and made Ywahch or Aizen kill everyone in the 686...

Bleach was falling down for some time now (every since final confrontation with Aizen) but I agree a lot of it was influenced by WSJ. Not like Kubo didn't mess anything, but constant publisher interference was definitely a huge part of why its quality declined.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

It has really shitty rushed ending.

I need to Bleach that ending out of my brain... heh. But seriously even a bad end were everyone dies would've been better ugh...why did I even bother.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Bleach was falling down for some time now (every since final confrontation with Aizen)

I know like no one agrees with me but I think the fullbring and TYBW arcs were the best two, minus the ending for the latter >_>

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Bleach was falling down for some time now (every since final confrontation with Aizen)

I know like no one agrees with me but I think the fullbring and TYBW arcs were the best two, minus the ending for the latter >_>

I thought the fullbringer arc was ok.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ChocolateCakeLover posted:

Fullbring was full of plot holes and contradictions and conclusion was complete disappointment. I couldn't get invested neither in Fullbringers themselves as they were barely flashed out, nor the Ginjou that we know nothing about. I could write entire essay why this arc made no sense.

Final arc had the same issue. The decline of Kubo writing was already apparent as well as him not bothering with drawing anymore, but what really kept me from reading it was that premise made no sense, there was tone of plot holes and retconning and some designs were just ridiculous. I dropped it after revelation of "Ichigo's true power" and forging his new zanpakutou. I just couldn't deal with bs anymore.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Wait, what? Trunks is secretely a badass in the manga? Fuck that's awesome

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

oniichan control end! now i'm out of wincest manga...
still wtf ending!!
just give it official doujin already!

last edited at Sep 5, 2016 3:01PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Boku wa Mari no Naka's ending was shit!

oniichan control end! now i'm out of wincest manga...
still wtf ending!!

Yeah that ending was shit too

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kyonne posted:

It felt like author was thinking: "Ok, the plot twist is out, so nobody will care now. Let's wrap it up with perfect ending some typical slice of life would have."

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Kyonne posted:

It felt like author was thinking: "Ok, the plot twist is out, so nobody will care now. Let's wrap it up with perfect ending some typical slice of life would have."

I don't know if it was rushed as all hell or if the author has a surprising lack of balls for someone who has no problem showing pubes, was the thing about Mari's mom leaving home ever resolved on-screen? How would Mari come back to a normal life after the revelation? Nah screw that let's just skip a few months when everything is a-okay and also let's kill the yuri while we're at it because i guess it's just a high school thing right? lol
Alright, i'm not even gonna hold a grudge about the non yuri thing 'cause it wasn't the point of the manga and we weren't the audience, but maan it's stuff like this that makes me afraid of investing myself in a narrative

Edit:

(I think we should spoiler spoilers in case someone want to read it/is reading it.)

Word

last edited at Sep 8, 2016 12:44PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kyonne posted:

Alright, i'm not even gonna hold a grudge about the non yuri thing 'cause it wasn't the point of the manga and we weren't the audience, but maan it's stuff like this that makes me afraid of investing myself in a narrative

Actually it doesn't make sense narratively, because from the beginning Yori was clearly stalk-ish/interested in real Mari (and we kinda get a hint Mari had a soft spot for her too), then thanks to Komori thing they had a chance to become closer and after Mari become Mari again, they finally had chance to become real friends. I didn't expect them to date right of the bat, but the set up for future development was here. Author sadly totally disregard it along with Komomari confessing her love and Yori basically being in love with Komomari. Like it is like the feelings they started to shared during all that mess never happened or were real. I don't want to think it is the case, but I really felt like author is not ok with homosexuals and only way to work around it was changing Mari's conscious into a man's, technically turning it into het. Only during that period we get any clear romantic development, the second it was gone, the yuri disappears.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed since after all this mystery etc. it just end up feeling as if author just wasted potential of this story.

(I think we should spoiler spoilers in case someone want to read it/is reading it.)

joined Mar 11, 2016

and latest chapter: http://mangapark.me/manga/tomo-chan-wa-onnanoko-1/s2/c475/1
If only we get a yuri couple in it. Tho the author is teasing us with girl's skinship, get together and hints here and there but the end game is surly het. Still this would leave us with two single girls who may end up with each other but it is less likely. :(

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

As someone who reads very little Fairy Tail, why was the latest chapter that I read a few weeks back about a bad guy who could cause so much pleasure that everyone gets paralyzed? That was weird and sexual in a pretty uncomfortable way in the context of these characters.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

Let's be honest, Fairy Tail manga has always been sexualizing women since day one. Its no surprise they introduced with power of orgasms.

This is the borderline b/w shonen manga and hentai.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Was it too optimistic for me to think that they wouldn't stoop that low though? I knew the whole ecchi thing but this is kind of a new level of fanservice. For pete's sake, the color cover page had Lucy staring at the reader while drenched in water (I hope that was water).

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 12:18PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

This is just my point of view, but Fairy Tail is one the the shittiest shonen I've ever read, I never got why it has so much success.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

This is just my point of view, but Fairy Tail is one the the shittiest shonen I've ever read, I never got why it has so much success.

I didn't read much of it to be able to form my own opinion (I read a really tiny amount before deciding it definitely wasn't for me), but I agree that I have no idea either why it's so successful.

To reply you must either login or sign up.