Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

did moe just propose to mizuki in that last panel? or did I misread the "for the rest of my life" bit. hahaha.

I may have exaggerated it a bit in my English translation. X) The Japanese line is "Isshō watashi no piman wo Mizuki ni ageru wa" and "isshō" means "always, the entire life". There isn't really any romantic connotation here (or maybe there is… you never know with Moe).

The side couples should serve as a lesson or development for the main couple as well as themselves. Most of the time they don't though, and that's why it's frustrating.

What do you mean "most of the time"? The only other side couple (?) story we got was Maya-Chiharu-Izumi in volume 2. That was the only part where the two MCs had no involvement. And this one isn't over yet − considering Ayaka and Yurine are both connected to the track team, I'd be surprised if they didn't have any role in it.

last edited at Sep 12, 2015 8:40AM

joined Aug 6, 2015

What do you mean "most of the time"? The only other side couple (?) story we got was Maya-Chiharu-Izumi in volume 2. That was the only part where the two MCs had no involvement. And this one isn't over yet − considering Ayaka and Yurine are both connected to the track team, I'd be surprised if they didn't have any role in it.

The "Mizuki cuts her hair" and the "Moe wants Yurine on the team" storylines for Mizuki and Moe did nothing for Ayaka and Yurine. Yurine stole a picture of Ayaka in the "Mizuki cuts her hair" chapter, but that's just Yurine being Yurine. Then Moe simply used Yurine as bait to get Mizuki to run faster in the recruitment arc. You could argue that we got Ayaka almost biting(?) Yurine as revenge, but the fact that Mizuki interrupted her did more harm than good for her tsundere character. It felt like things went backwards instead of forwards.

That's what I mean by "most of the time." Sure, this arc's not over, but Mizuki already told Ayaka that Yurine wouldn't be attending the track event. I don't imagine we'll get anything for them in the resolution of this arc either.

Then there's Maya-Chiharu-Izumi like you say. While I like Moe and Mizuki as a couple in general (just not in the sense that they do nothing for the main characters) and wouldn't mind it if they got their own spin-off series, I despise this trio (and the new trio with the middle schooler instead of the senpai) because they literally add nothing to the story. They are entirely disjointed from everyone except the occasional Yurine interaction. They just need to go away, regardless of how awesome the middle school girl was towards Ms. Brazen Brow.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I agree about the volume 2 trio, but Yurine's interaction with the track team (and Ai too) was an important step in her opening up. The end of chapter 5 pretty much sums it up: by going towards the others, Yurine remembered that being alone was painful, and Ayaka was the trigger for that.

Apart from volume 2, every arc served the development of at least Yurine; and while it's true that Ayaka only started mellowing out to Yurine during the gardening arc, that evolution probably wouldn't have happened if Yurine hadn't opened up first. So volume 1 as a whole did indirectly serve the main couple's development. It may sound a bit far-fetched but that's how I see it.

(also, in chapter 2 Ayaka wasn't going to bite her but to kiss her I think. ^^")

last edited at Sep 12, 2015 11:41AM

joined Aug 6, 2015

Maybe the volume 2 trio just jaded me too much. I might appreciate Mizuki and Moe more once we get an actual, multi-chapter arc for Yurine and Ayaka.

last edited at Sep 12, 2015 11:42AM

First_trip
joined Jan 17, 2015

Well I prefer the side couples so, YAY ME =))
More Moe please =)) she's interesting lol
And holy, Mizuki is like, the definition of moe =))) her gap is pretty moe and cute, made my heart go kyun =)))))'

last edited at Sep 12, 2015 12:01PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

That was good...they could have pushed the envelope a little tho in that last koma, like some cute hotel room scene or something :p

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm amused at all the peoples complants about the lack of Yurine and Ayaka and the focus on side pairings since I found the exact opposite. I'm utterly underwhelmed by Yurine and Ayaka while I found the side pairings to be way more interesting, specially Moe and Mizuki's

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

moe its so freaking cute

joined Sep 4, 2014

So are Moe and Mizuki dating? It was never stated they are, but their relationship is like really intimate

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

In any case, they are clearly more than mere friends. And if Senpai's remark or Ayaka's hilarious imitation of Moe are anything to go by, it's not a secret. And my friends never licked my sweat off my chest, as far as I remember. =[

(for that matter, we need more Mizuki/Ayaka interaction. They really have a great dynamic.)

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 9:05AM

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

God, Moe and Mizuki puts a stupid grin on my face every single time. I love this pairing.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Does anyone know if I can find raws of this?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/cider-to-nakimushi-r15791

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

Art is cute.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Here for Y920?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Nope, I promised myself I'd never buy anything on Amazon. >.> I found it on Bookwalker though (an online book site).

Anyway, chapter 17 is on the way. Where the author adds yet another weird fetish.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Two stories from this anthology are free to read on japanese yahoo bookstore. Here's the link.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh, thanks a bunch. \o\ It gives a pretty good idea of the stuff. Always interesting to see that the style and tone were already there in Canno's early works…

(But god, that Natsuko girl is horrible… I wanted to punch her in the face, seriously…)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh, thanks a bunch. \o\ It gives a pretty good idea of the stuff. Always interesting to see that the style and tone were already there in Canno's early works…

(But god, that Natsuko girl is horrible… I wanted to punch her in the face, seriously…)

If you manage to translate this, either in French or in English, I'd be really interested (as well as a lot of other people, I'm sure).

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

One day, maybe. Chap 17 is available in French by the way. With yet another weird fetish added to Canno's repertoire.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chapter 17 available in english. Thanks Lyendith.

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 12:13PM

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

CUTE CUTE

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Go, trackteam couple!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

"You could have kissed me a bit more seriously."
"What?"
"Nothing."

Okay, the author is just trolling us at this point. >.>

I didn't like the chapter that much, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because of Canno's annoyingly weird formulations on some lines that I don't quite get. Or Moe never being called out on her bullshit methods. Or the absence of Ayaka. Or these two's inability to locate the freaking mouth on their target.

I liked the "deal" scene with Moe and Yurine though. Great minds think alike.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I was almost expecting a break-up. The mood was kinda bad in that chapter.

But Yurine bribed with pics of young Ayaka was cute.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

KISS HER ON THE LIPS GODDAMNIT! I WANT TO SEE THE KISS NOT THE DAMN UMBRELLA!
flips table

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 3:48PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.