Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Oooh goodie. More Mizuki/Moe. I like Kurosawa and how she teases Shiramine (whose tsundereness is getting old at this stage) but I'm rapidly losing interest in the main couple. Plus, Mizuki/Moe is one half bashful tomboy type. ^-^ Also, the gardening girls seem to have a problematic relationship. Girl A (I refuse to look back to see what her name was) completely sabotaged what was important to Girl B and everything she strived for. FTS.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapie out on Batoto.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The last two chapters should be under Volume 4 btw

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I thought that Moe was being pretty harsh to Mizuki, but I can see that Moe was just trying to help Mizuki find herself, or something like that...anyways, I'm just glad it ended well.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Now.....KISS

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Moe is often pretty (too?) harsh on Mizuki honnestly, even when she means to help her. But well, I guess her bluntness is part of her character. She prefers to shake up Mizuki rather than being too "lax" with her.

On another note… going by the Behind the Scenes, Moe and Mizuki are currently together. Alone. In a hotel room. At night. Just before an important and stressful event. I guess now they'll have to face another kind of abstinence.

(and what's Kagura from Azumanga Daioh doing in this series by the way?)

Now.....KISS

That will be the reward for when Mizuki takes the first place in the championship!

last edited at Sep 11, 2015 1:38PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

And... nope. This series ended as meh after volume 1. For me, of course. Still nothing interesting here and the writing is awful.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh, sorry, I was dead...

How can you say you love her if you can't even claim half of her sweat?

That also was a nice roundabout Moe-style proposal.

I'm not too sure what some think is wrong with the writing. Most of the other couples' stories are pretty self-contained, which isn't necessarily a blemish in my book.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

And... nope. This series ended as meh after volume 1. For me, of course. Still nothing interesting here and the writing is awful.

I'd say the writing is different. Not awful, just in a style that some people may not enjoy regardless of quality.

If someone hates country music are they going to like even well done country music?

joined Jun 12, 2015

I'd say the writing is different. Not awful, just in a style that some people may not enjoy regardless of quality.

Yeah, that style of writing is weird. I just read the chapter and feel nothing. Nothing :(

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Ughhh... Why no kissy kiss??? T_T

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Dark Skin (tanned) girl spotted!

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Aw no kiss but seems like Moe kissed her near the collar bone so I'll take that.
Bet they have lots of make up sex since they room together

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I still wish that at some point Mizuki will call Moe out and tell her "Okay, if you have something in mind, TALK TO ME instead of making me go through weird tests!" This time it ended well thanks to their old senpai, but it could have gone horribly wrong without that.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

From her pained expressions it seems that she might be catching on that this might not be the best way to go about things.

joined Aug 6, 2015

Well that resolved in a completely obvious way that everyone saw coming.

Part of the reason I dislike the Mizuki and Moe pairing (at least as a pairing that takes up so much of this particular manga) is that they're... established. They're too into each other. It's to the point when the author writes these conflicts for them in an attempt to make their dynamic more interesting, it always feels contrived and the conclusions seem so blatantly obvious.

This just fuels my opinion that it's dumb to waste time on this pairing that needs no development when there are other pairings that still need a significant amount of development. I'm glad that Mizuki and Moe are doing well, but I'd rather the story start focusing on other people at this point. One-off chapters for them are fine, but no more multi-chapter (or weird decimal point) arcs that they don't need.

I don't want these side stories to be an excuse to keep the tsundere main character in tsun status for longer than necessary.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 16-1 and 16-2 are supposed to be a single chapter actually. Something apparently happened that forced the auhor to cut it in two (according to their Twitter). It had already happened with chapter 13.

But I do see your point (although this couple didn't really appear that much outside of two early chapters). I wouldn't say they need no development though. They clearly have some issues to solve, even if it's not as dramatic as Yukina and Towako's arc. This mini-arc should be over next chapter (I don't see it taking an entire volume at least).

Hopefully we'll get back to Ayaka and Yurine after that. I agree that it's about time they have more than one or two chapters of focus at a time.

last edited at Sep 11, 2015 6:23PM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

kabedon expected them to kiss

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Alright, can we please move away from Moe and Mizuki now and go back to the main pair? Or at the very least, switch over to the track president and that tanned girl. I'd love to see more of that dynamic!

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I just figured it out. Why these side stories make me so mad.

It's not that any of them are bad. In fact they are all well done and could support their own series. But I was narratively promised a story about two girls and their story of love and competition, and every time one of these side stories if featured, it feels like the author is breaking that narrative promise.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

did moe just propose to mizuki in that last panel? or did I misread the "for the rest of my life" bit. hahaha.
I prefer these two than the main character tbh. I hardly see the main characters anyway. lol.

joined Aug 6, 2015

I just figured it out. Why these side stories make me so mad.

It's not that any of them are bad. In fact they are all well done and could support their own series. But I was narratively promised a story about two girls and their story of love and competition, and every time one of these side stories if featured, it feels like the author is breaking that narrative promise.

I don't hate all of the side stories. The gardening club was a perfect example of how to write a side couple into a story about other characters. Their arc came with significant introspection from Yurine. They provided her with a refuge of normalcy, something she seems to have wanted from the start. It forced her to think at least somewhat of why she liked Ayaka and if she even did like her.

All that AND it came with a side couple arc? Yeah. That's okay. More of that if we need side couples. The side couples should serve as a lesson or development for the main couple as well as themselves. Most of the time they don't though, and that's why it's frustrating.

joined Apr 1, 2014

Thank you again Miam team, love this series.

joined Jun 14, 2013

Kinda lame no kiss for moe and mizuki after all that. Like come on already.

Tumblr_nlmayyykuj1so305zo1_12801
joined Feb 23, 2015

Fof fuck's sake, just KISS ALREADY!

To reply you must either login or sign up.