Forum › Yuri Vampire Masquerade Session

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

As to not spam the Introduction thread, I decided to make one for us. Well so basically someone has to sacrifice themself and be a GM or we are never going to go anywhere with it.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Isn't being GM the best part? not that I know much about literal rpg-ing that's not in video games

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

You're basically god but it's also a ton of work. Never did it myself though.

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 1:35AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Isn't being GM the best part? not that I know much about literal rpg-ing that's not in video games

In rpg on computer you are always the player. The world, its rules and events are all created by game creators. So you get to enjoy, well, role playing of character you created in already prepared world.

In real world rpg, the world and its rules are based on the rpg system you are playing and the even if some basic about world are usually given so you get the feel, it is the game master job to create a scenario for players. Also unlike the game rpg, the options are limitless, players can do everything they want as long as it follows the laws of the word they are playing in, so there will be times when GM has to improvise on the spot. Hell, players can ignore the story GM created and go totally different way making his entire planing pointless. Being GM can be really rewarding but it is also a lot of work. Even if you are creating all characters your players are interact with, it is not the same as just becoming one and immersing yourself with it. I get the appeal of being GM, but I honestly prefer to role play 1 character.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

ohhhh got y'all...basically becoming GM is equivalent to becoming God with a crap!ton of baggage. o.o

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Isn't that bad, anyone who has written any kind of story can be a great GM. If anything the most difficult part is creating the rulings for the game.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Since we are on topic of vampires, I thought I should share this gem with you. It is honestly one of the best manga I ever read. The plot is brilliant, ending almost every chapter with huge twist, changing your entire perception of what you knew so far. Also it has probably the silliest yet the most logical explanation of vampires origins.

Dark_Tzitzimine

Isn't that bad, anyone who has written any kind of story can be a great GM. If anything the most difficult part is creating the rulings for the game.

So you are volunteering 8D?

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 2:04AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

If there's no one best qualified (mainly someone who actually has english as primary language) available, sure.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

If there's no one best qualified (mainly someone who actually has english as primary language) available, sure.

Well I was half joking since I don't want anyone to be forced into that, but if you don't mind that would be great ;3

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'd need to find the rulebooks first though.

Something I just thought is that since a lot of us are rusty, it would be very useful if for this first campaign we have two people working in tandem as GM.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I'd need to find the rulebooks first though.

KatzeDerNacht mentioned having pdfs of it.

Something I just thought is that since a lot of us are rusty, it would be very useful if for this first campaign we have two people working in tandem as GM.

Interesting idea. Not sure how it would work though + it would means that we need second person to volunteer ;/

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Mmmh, how do you plan to run that game ? Over vocal or text ? How do you plan to deal with the eventual timezone difference ?

I like to GM vampire, so would have no issue volunteering for that, but not yet sure about how you plan to make that game, so...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chantelune

Mmmh, how do you plan to run that game ? Over vocal or text ?

Well the best idea is to use some chat.

How do you plan to deal with the eventual timezone difference ?

That is a good question. Since I work at night shifts it isn't much problem for me, but idk about the rest. But I think most of people interested in playing were from America's timezone.

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 3:20AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, I'm in france, so it's european timezone for me. XD Oh well.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well, I'm in france, so it's european timezone for me. XD Oh well.

Well me too ;x

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

If your weekend ain't too busy i suppose setting it on the afternoon of american time wouldn't be too bad? That'd be at night for europe right? If it's not too late it should be okay
Brazil and Eastern Time only have a 1 hour difference and i'm mostly free on weekends so i'll probably be able to roll with whatever is set
Malkavian/Brujah master race

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

You're basically god but it's also a ton of work. Never did it myself though.

Being god sucks

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 6:19AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

From experience i know that forum rp always dies because its slow paced, but it is an option.

It occured to me last night that online rp really hasnt changed much since the days of yahoo chat rooms. The most popular setting for rp is still the tavern/night club.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well since we have a GM available now, is time to think logistics. The first thing would be see how many people want to participate and based on that see what day would be the best for everyone.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I wanna be Batman

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Maybe this?

Also, are we still

Dark_Tzimisce Dark_Tzitzimine, Nevri, KatzeDerNacht, Kitsune Spirit and Kyonne?
Anyone else joined?

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 10:42AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hello ;3

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Maybe this?

Also, are we still

Dark_Tzimisce Dark_Tzitzimine, Nevri, KatzeDerNacht, Kitsune Spirit and Kyonne?
Anyone else joined?

Don't forget the GM :v

I can't access that page, my browser tells me it uses an unknow protocol. (Then again, I'm checking from my work's computer)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I know we jokingly called it yuri vampire. but... how yuri are we making this? xD

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I know we jokingly called it yuri vampire. but... how yuri are we making this? xD

Let me put it this way, Gamma's raging lesbians will look like nuns before our vampires

Seriously, I have no idea

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 11:07AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.